NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Royal Wedding (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/149310-royal-wedding.html)

Kitty 04-29-2011 09:07 AM

Royal Wedding

I was up at 5:30 AM so I got to see the ceremony. It was beautiful. Kate and William look so comfortable together. You can tell that they are friends as well as partners. :circlelove: I wish them much happiness.

mrsD 04-29-2011 09:11 AM

It was very nice, I agree. I watched it too.

The moderators on CNN however were giggling and acting odd in the beginning, but they stopped when things became more
important.

It was a nice pleasant diversion, from all the anguish floating around this year.

Kitty 04-29-2011 09:14 AM

I enjoyed watching it. The media will re-cover it all day long so those who didn't manage to see it first thing this morning will have plenty of opportunities to see it.....over and over and over again! :rolleyes: I was watching it on ABC with Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters.

tkrik 04-29-2011 09:58 AM

I didn't watch it. I was all snuggled up in bed sleeping away. :p I am sure I will see plenty of recaps over the next several days.

Judy2 04-29-2011 10:46 AM

Overnight is my usual "up-time", so I too enjoyed watching the wedding. It's always been my dream to travel to England..........now even moreso. Isn't it amazing that the monarchy has survived for so long....with the same people? What a pleasure to see so many people enjoying their "togetherness" for a change. :grouphug: :inlove: All the best to William and Kate as they begin their married lives together.:hug:

karilann 04-29-2011 10:50 AM

I caught all the highlights this morning. Guess I was only interested in the dress! Everything was beautiful and so elegant. They looked very happy and I think William was more into this wedding then his father was with Diana.
Kate made a gorgeous bride and she has a lot of class.

doydie 04-29-2011 12:07 PM

It was beautiful but I wouldn't want to marry into the royal family for anything. I don't want to be under the microscope for my entire life.

SallyC 04-29-2011 12:17 PM

I was awake at 3AM, watched all the festivities leading up to the wedding, fell asleep at 5:30, woke up at 6:25 to "God Save The Queen"...... Just in time to watch them waltzing out, looking like an old married couple, already. They all looked gorgeous and I enjoyed it.:)

I watched Katie Curick and they showed a rerun of Diana & charles's wedding day, 30 yrs ago. What a difference in the faces (not as happy or content). I think Lady Spencer was targeted by Charles, to be his proper Bride and he and his family knew he was in love with Camilla (*edit*) and that's why the diff. in faces.:rolleyes:

When I see that rerun, I want to run, screaming up that aisle....STOPPPPPP, he's a FROG!!! I felt so sorry for Diana..:( :hug:

Dejibo 04-29-2011 01:46 PM

mama and I were up at 6 to watch it. We wore funny hats, and danced in out pjs. We had cappuchino and fancy pastry for breakfast. She was glued to the sceen the whole time. We switched back to English after she got upset that they were being so fancy with the words that she couldnt understand. (she has a small education, and thought them to be too fancy) so we watched in HD english. it was fun. I would have never watched it on my own, but it was fun to have someone to play with.

I agree that those two have done it right. They took their time, and got to know each other, and really love each other. Way to go Kate!

SallyC 04-29-2011 01:48 PM

OOPS, sorry Cherie, I should have said...
"not a faithful person" :D

hollym 04-29-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 766352)
OOPS, sorry Cherie, I should have said...
"not a faithful person" :D

Dang! I missed the bad word. He was at the very least, a frog.

I watched it, too. I kept thinking the same thing about how different they were compared to Charles and Diana.

It was absolutely beautiful in every detail. I loved the giant trees that decorated the Abbey and her dress was so elegant.

I still can't believe I woke up early to watch it, but I'm so glad that I did.

Kitty 04-29-2011 02:15 PM

Those trees were beautiful. I would love to visit there someday.

Chemar 04-29-2011 03:16 PM

In case you missed it....someone did not like the sound of the cheering crowds
http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow...ng?sc=fb&cc=fp

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011...1304081323&s=3

ps
This has all made me very nostalgic for London. I was living there when Charles & Di married in 1981 and we had the most wonderful day...first watching the wedding and then a picnic on the banks of the River Thames with thousands of other celebrating happy people :)

mrsD 04-29-2011 03:22 PM

I had my eye on that same little girl when she entered the Cathedral...I wondered if she would "make it through"...she had a grumpy look then too.;)

Looks like she is at the end of her rope in that pic. My son used to do that when he was overwhelmed at that age too.

It was a lovely wedding. I get the feeling that William and Kate will change the direction of the Monarchy when he ascends. They seemed so comfortable together and on some wavelength only known between them.

mrsD 04-29-2011 03:42 PM

We just found an item about the little girl... a 4th generation Astor! She covers her ears when the big planes fly over.

Kitty 04-30-2011 10:03 AM

All I know is I want Kate's hair! She has such beautiful hair. But....maybe I did, too, 25 years ago! :o

SallyC 04-30-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 766541)
All I know is I want Kate's hair! She has such beautiful hair. But....maybe I did, too, 25 years ago! :o

Yeah, I was just thinking how thick and luxurious my hair was when I was younger. I have to keep it short now, because it's nothing but a stringy mess.:( I look like Broomhilda, when it grows long...ugh!!!

I now officially hate all young women with beautiful hair!!!:mad: :D

Kitty 04-30-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 766545)
Yeah, I was just thinking how thick and luxurious my hair was when I was younger. I have to keep it short now, because it's nothing but a stringy mess.:( I look like Broomhilda, when it grows long...ugh!!!

I now officially hate all young women with beautiful hair!!!:mad: :D

I tried a shorter haircut once - and liked it - but thanks to LDN my hair grows at breakneck speed. I'd be getting my hair cut every three weeks if I kept it in a short style. Can't afford that! :eek: So, I just let it grow and trim my bangs myself.

ali12 04-30-2011 06:32 PM

I watched the wedding too. We live in England and my mum and I really wanted to go to London to see the royal cars travelling to the wedding and the parade but unfortunately we couldn't as it was too far to travel. :( Had a good time watching it at home on the tv with food though :)

I loved the service. It was lovely and everything was timed perfectly. Kate was due to arrive at the abbey at 11am and she arrived bang on time! :) She looked stunning and I LOVED the dress (already told mum to get saving up for me one like that for when I get married ha ;) ) Harry and Katie's sister looked soo cute together too! :)

Looking forward to seeing the couple together more, they look so sweet together and I wish them all the best! :)

Earl 05-01-2011 07:02 AM

Since I started this thread, I SHOULD chime in....

Ok, wedding-WOW, dress - stunning, queen-looked bored but happy. youngest brides maid in royal history,(3) - cute. Pipa's dress - almost upstaged the bride but stunning also. Camila - why did SHE have to come. Eugenia's hat - stole from Lady Gaga? Kate arriving in a car and Princess Catherine leaving in a carriage - PERFECT. Harry-more medals on his chest than William, I still think they have different fathers, I heard William actually is lower rank than his younger brother. Reception - wish I was there. Kiss-cute they did two. Exit in the convertible - MODERN and THEM.

I thought it was all good. I didn't get up at the actual time but watched at 5am, my regular wake up time.

Some designer already has a copy of the dress MADE and selling for $600.00. incredible.

I also heard from several sources about the lip reading of what Harry, and William said as she walked up. Harry looked back and William did not on purpose, Harry they said "wait till you see her". Then Will said "You look beautiful" to her when he saw her and then he turned to her father and said "I thought this was supposed to be a small family affair".

I had hoped he said "I'll love you more than my father did my mother". - :eek: too much?

For you English people, or anyone under the crown, I heard that many of you hope that William is the next King, I heard Charles (who is the longest Heir apparent in history - 59 years) WON'T abdicate the throne, and you don't want something to happen to him (dies, gets ill,) but you would rather William be next, otherwise, we could realistically not see William become king for 50 more years? How do you as citizens of England (and Canada and Australia and the others) feel?

Estimate 10 months before the newspapers start articles "Enough time already, have a baby".

Lastly, wouldn't it be hysterical if Harry and Pipa got together? I think Harry's GF Chelsea Davey's hair looked messy and outfit was not attractive.

Really lastly - how about the rest of those hats. I particularly liked the woman in blue with the HUGE fasconater on her.

Kitty 05-01-2011 08:28 AM

Some of those hats were hilarious! I never knew they made them like that! :D

William and Kate are the perfect couple. They did things right and I believe they will reap the benefits.

One thing I've had enough of is all the reviews of her dress. Yes, it was beautiful. Yes, it was elegant without being gawdy. But enough! How much can people talk about a wedding dress?? :confused: I'm sure every bride this summer will want the same dress.

And I'm sure that, when they are are ready, they will have beautiful babies. Until then, the media needs to let them enjoy their newlywed years. :rolleyes:

SallyC 05-01-2011 03:25 PM

The thought of Charles and Camilla reigning over England, makes me Ill. If Charles abducated, then Andrew would be King, right? Do they all become bald in their 20s...egads.:D You could be right about Harry having a diff Father..teehee!

The only thing I didn't like about the humungous hats was, you could not see their faces. I wish Camilla had worn one.:D

God speed Lord and Lady of Cambridge..:hug:

Erin524 05-02-2011 12:02 AM

Nope, William is second in line for the crown of England. Andrew is the fourth in line, right after Harry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of..._of_succession

Earl 05-02-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 766852)
Nope, William is second in line for the crown of England. Andrew is the fourth in line, right after Harry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of..._of_succession

I love it, Wiki knows everything.

But, when the Duke and Duchess have a child, he/she goes ahead of Harry right?

If I were Andrew, I would be ******! Ultimate second born syndrome "but I was next to be king, I keep getting bumped". wah wah wah LOL!

Erin524 05-02-2011 11:22 AM

I'm pretty sure that if William becomes king, and he has a child, the kid is next in line. (especially if it's a male heir)

SallyC 05-02-2011 02:22 PM

That's right Erin. I think it was Edward who abdicated to marry a twice divorced woman?...and his brother George became King (Elizabeth's Daddy), back in the 1936?

I wonder how Charles will overcome his marriage faux pax, to become King...Hmmmmmm!!

Erin524 05-02-2011 03:05 PM

Marrying a divorced woman was a no-no back in the 1930s. I bet now tho, the Queen is like "meh..." about the whole thing.

Charles is divorced.

SallyC 05-02-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 766967)
Marrying a divorced woman was a no-no back in the 1930s. I bet now tho, the Queen is like "meh..." about the whole thing.

Charles is divorced.

Yes, but Charles's was stinkier, He cheated on the peoples beloved Princess with a married gal, then married her after Diana Died horribly. I'm not talking about the silly Queen caring....how about the people?:mad:

Dejibo 05-02-2011 03:46 PM

Charles was in love with Camilla and the queen said NO! you cannot marry that girl. you MUST marry a virgin and someone you can expect children from, not someone who has been around the block a time or two. It was decided that Camilla would be an allowed distraction for Charles, as long as he kept the public eye on Diana. He has loved Camilla for a long time, and if you look at the wedding crowd from his marriage to Diana you will see Camilla up close and personal.

Judy2 05-02-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejibo (Post 766979)
Charles was in love with Camilla and the queen said NO! you cannot marry that girl. you MUST marry a virgin and someone you can expect children from, not someone who has been around the block a time or two. It was decided that Camilla would be an allowed distraction for Charles, as long as he kept the public eye on Diana. He has loved Camilla for a long time, and if you look at the wedding crowd from his marriage to Diana you will see Camilla up close and personal.

That's sooo funny -- and she's looking like she's been around the block a time or two!:rolleyes: Somehow Charles doesn't look much like a king to me.......what does/did he actually do? After his rotten behavior with Diana, it would be hard to trust him....IMHO. William seems more responsible at 28 than Charles does at "whatever" ..........:eek:

Erin524 05-02-2011 06:45 PM

The Queen, I think, can always decide that she wants hand down her royal scepter to William and skip over Chuck. If she thinks that Chuckie isnt going to do a good job.

Having read that Prince Charles has a personal servant whose only job is to squeeze toothpaste onto Chuck's toothbrush, I think he's a bit spoiled. (ok, that story is probably not true, but I think it shows that the British dont care all that much for Charles) I'm hoping the Queen lives long enough to hand the throne over to William.

But, since I'm not English, and whatever happens to the British monarchy will probably not affect me, I'm only going to watch with mild interest. I did like studying the monarchy when I was younger, and I did a lot of history reading when I visited England in 2001. If you ever get to go, I really recommend seeing the Tower if you're up to the exertion. Glad I did it in 2001, I'd never make it up into the Tower now. You have to practically climb a rope to get to the upper floors. The stairs are all worn down, and they havent really made the place handicap accessible.

doydie 05-02-2011 11:12 PM

I just wonder if Charles ever looks happy or if that is not allowed for him to.

Chemar 05-12-2011 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and as a grand finale...thought y'all may get a giggle out of this collage posted by one of my FB friends today (sorry it came out real small here...hope you can see it?)

SallyC 05-12-2011 12:47 PM

Hahaha, cute Cherie, I had to get my mag. glass out, but very funny!!:D

Chemar 05-12-2011 12:48 PM

I just added an enlargement ;)

doydie 05-12-2011 06:05 PM

loved it, quite a replica. Wonder if they used the cartoon as reference when making the dresses and head pieces

hollym 05-13-2011 02:52 PM

That is absolutely uncanny!