NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Books, Movies, Music and TV Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/)
-   -   I Am Watching Mamma Mia (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/49971-am-watching-mamma-mia.html)

MelodyL 07-14-2008 09:53 PM

I Am Watching Mamma Mia

I'm right now in the middle of watching this. It's all over the Internet.

You should see Meryl Streep jumping around and singing her heart off. And Julie Walters and Christine Baranski.

I never knew these people could SING!!!

It's a very happy movie. You'll be finger snapping and dancing to the music of ABBA.

I never knew it was this good.

Go and see it if you can (or do what I do and watch it on the Internet).

Mel

who moi 07-14-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelodyL (Post 323786)
You should see Meryl Street jumping around and singing her heart off. And Julie Walters and Christine Baranski.

Mel

I thought it is Meryl Streep? LOLOL

ABBA's sound track they sing to, do they?? I am going to have to try and get da wife to watch this with me sometimes down da road...

you are streaming again, aren't you, mel? LOLOL

MelodyL 07-14-2008 10:19 PM

I corrected Street to Streep. lol

AND I'M STREAMING AWAY.

DANCING QUEEN OOOOOOHHHHHHHH I'M A DANCING QUEEN.

I cannot WAIT until next year's Oscar television show.

I can just see Meryl and the others dancing across the stage.

Oh My God, this thing is going to be nominated for SO MANY OSCARS!!!

Oh, can they nominate a movie and songs based on OLD STUFF?

It's SOME movie!!!!

Mel

Earl 07-14-2008 11:09 PM

SEND ME A LINK!!! I want to see it NOW...

please please please

I can't find it anywhere

Koala77 07-14-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl (Post 323826)

please please please

I can't find it anywhere

Me too please Mel. :hug:

Twinkletoes 07-14-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl (Post 323826)

please please please

I can't find it anywhere

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 323830)
Me too please Mel. :hug:

Fuhgettabout it folks -- she prolly went to return her VCR again. :rolleyes:

Or make a YouTube advert about something. Lol!

Becky21 07-14-2008 11:35 PM

I watched Sex & The City on

I was just messing around on Google and wanted to know the ending and found this site. It reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer, Jerry and some goofy guy were video taping a movie and Kramer was eating and making all kinds of noise.

Koala77 07-14-2008 11:56 PM

Thank you Becky. I'll check that one out.

weegot5kiz 07-15-2008 01:31 AM

not sure but you may need firefox to view it with the site becky posted we tried watching walle but it was a bad copy

MelodyL 07-15-2008 07:09 AM

Okay, here's the final link that gives you all the parts. Just click on this, LET IT LOAD INTO THE BUFFER IF IT NEEDS TO.

Each time it's different. Some times the movies load faster, sometimes they don't.

This copy is good enough for me. When the picture gets going, the colors are brighter and you see EVERYBODY. And the music, well, that's really the bonus.

So here you go!! And you can watch it on a short rectangle screen on the monitor, or you can double click the film and it will blow it up to full size (won't be as sharp), but who cares? This is how I watch them.

http://www.videoembedder.com/embed.p...Y1.NQ4p7EF1WsL

And for the future, if you want to see ANY movie go to:

http://www.movies-on-demand.tv/

You have to learn to use this site. Feel free to email me or pm me and I'll teach you.

And you all should see FreedomWriters with Hillary Swank.

WHAT A MOVIE THAT WAS!!!

weegot5kiz 07-15-2008 07:46 AM

mel where it says join does this site cost cause the one becky posted you dont even have to register

MelodyL 07-15-2008 08:30 AM

I have NEVER joined anything. I never paid anything. I've also NEVER registered for anything. I don't want to give out my personal information.

I just go and click on and view.

People join because they want to go into chat rooms and discuss the movies and give their opinions. That's not my thing.

I just like to sit back, have a glass of benefiber and enjoy the show.

I watched Hancock, Nim's Island, Wanted, Hellboy, AND EVERYTHING THAT'S UP.

There are SO MANY movie sites up, you wouldn't believe it.

Just google something like "Watch Movies Online, etc. etc"

And you'll see what I mean.

It's amazing.

Sometimes the clarity is not that good so we wait for another copy to be uploaded. But usually, we get a good clear copy.

Alan saw American Gangsta (with Denzel), two weeks before it came out in the movie theatres.

I think that people see advanced screenings and put them up on the net. And once something comes out on DVD, well the next day, you'll have a perfect copy up on the Net.

You really can't beat this!!!

Mel

P.S. It gives you the opportunity to download the movies onto your computer.

I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS.

FaithS 07-15-2008 08:50 AM

Found a trailer: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FKx_14vJNZg

and an interview with Pierce Brosnan, that includes a clip with Meryl Streep from the SOS song: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...20842#25620842

~ Faith

Bearygood 07-15-2008 08:54 AM

Haven't been going to the movies much but this is DEFNITELY a must-see on the big screen for me!!!! Everyone I know who saw the show on Broadway loved it and I have to say, if you're in a bad mood, putting on "Dancing Queen" at full blast a few times in a row is an EXCELLENT remedy! :D It's also good for annoying friends. (I've done both. :D)

daniella 07-15-2008 07:49 PM

I can't wait for this too. I also heard the play is amazing. I wonder though if it will loose something on the screen. Still can't wait I think it comes out on the 18th.

watsonsh 07-15-2008 08:58 PM

Ah I saw the play 5 times, the original in London..Its fanastic I'll be curious to see how the movie is versus the play

Mel you are cracking me up watching Hell boy

Koala77 07-15-2008 11:28 PM

DH and I watched Mama Mia last night on the link that Becky provided. Thank you Becky!! :hug:

I did enjoy the movie and couldn't stop tapping my feet to the music. I started singing along and clapping, but DH soon put a stop to that. Party pooper! :eek:

MelodyL 07-16-2008 09:38 AM

Shelley:

I finally finished watching Hellboy last night. It is up on various hosting sites, I found one that gave a really decent picture. It was up in 5 parts. Oh my god, all the demons, and special effects, and the Golden Army. I just sat back and enjoyed Ron Perlman. I adore him. He's going to be in a new tv show on FX called "Sons of Anarchy".

I thoroughly enjoyed him in Beauty and The Beast when he played Vincent to Linda Hamilton's Catherine.

Oh, the romance!!!! And he was a LION!!!

lol

RoundHere 07-16-2008 11:25 AM

I LOVE musicals and have seen so many of them on Broadway. I most recently watched and LOVED the movie Hairspray and even bought the DVD. However, I have never had the desire to see Mamma Mia, even though people have told me it is really good. I am not an Abba Fan and can't stand to hear "Dancing Queen" anymore (reminds me of the drunken' college party days).

With that said, I do plan to see this movie b/c I like Colin Firth and it does look cute. I am sure it will become one of my favs, and then I am going to have to convince my hubby to take me to see it on Broadway. :)

MelodyL 07-16-2008 12:21 PM

RoundHere:

Well, until you GET TO BROADWAY, here's a sneak peek, from Broadway. The cast did this on the Tony Awards.

You'll LOVE THIS!!!

Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PTpxn14k8

snoozie 08-01-2008 12:04 AM

Just got back from seeing Mama Mia at the movies. It was really worth it and I don't ever go to movie theaters. I usually wait for the DVD to watch at home.

Surprisingly Pierce Brosnan (not sure if I spelled his name right) was really good and even might I say sexy in this movie. I never really liked him before but now...me thinks I changed my mind:p

After it was over everyone clapped and I had to resist dancing in the aisle. I would recommend it to all but keep in mind it is a chick flick but there were some men there with their wives. They seemed to enjoy it also...Sue:winky:

FaithS 08-01-2008 08:01 AM

I also really enjoyed Mamma Mia. I thought the plot was kind of lame, but the ABBA music was so enjoyable, that it was still worth it.

My DH went with me, and also enjoyed it. We both were born in the early 60's, and did much of our growing up in the 70's, so ABBA takes us back to high school days.

I agree that Pierce was pretty sexy. I didn't think that he did as good a job at singing as Meryl.

~ Faith

Curious 08-02-2008 11:52 AM

i hate to be the one to mention this...but these new movies are pirated. they are copied illegally.

i have edited out the links. it's against the guidlelines of nt to condone any act that is against the law.

Inappropriate Content

This is, first and foremost, a self-help support and education community. That means if your message (post or PM) isn't about offering support or information to another person or asking for it, it's potentially not appropriate for our community. Specifically prohibited from our community:

* Advertisements of any sort
* Flames or messages meant to intimidate or harass others
* Threatening or profane messages
* Messages discussing a private message (PM) from others
* All administrative issues (exceptions will be made from time-to-time for community administrative issues)
* Copyrighted materials that you do not own the rights to, except any educational or research article a member would like to post that is not available elsewhere online to nonsubscribers
* Messages containing suicidal threats or threats of suicidal actions. Posts of a primarily suicidal nature should be made to the SOS forum.
* Messages containing or condoning illegal acts

Koala77 08-02-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious (Post 337566)
i hate to be the one to mention this...but these new movies are pirated. they are copied illegally.....

My gosh I must be naive! :icon_redface:

I must admit that I wondered how current movies could be on the Internet so quickly, but I didn't even consider they might be pirated! :o

Oh well, I did enjoy Mamma Mia though. :lookaround: