NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Anyone have any accomplishments or good news? Bad news? (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/16781-accomplishments-news-bad-news.html)

Mari 04-01-2007 10:32 PM

Anyone have any accomplishments or good news? Bad news?

Greetings,

At a quarter to 8:00 tonight I finally got in gear and went for a 30 minute walk. I feel good.

Then I came home and did laundry and tried to organize the living room a little. The living room was a big deal.

Tomorrow a maintenance guy is coming in to fix a bathroom sink drain and I was worried about how he would get past all the crap on the living room floor (mail, papers, stuff......) :eek: Now the living room looks a little better and I am tired.

The inside of my car is clean too. Hubby put air in the tires and vacuumed. I cleaned out the garbage.

I find my accomplishments where I can. :Dancing-Chilli:

I hope that you all had a good weekend. :)

M.

bizi 04-01-2007 11:46 PM

Wow Mari!
You had a very productive day.
this is great!
I did not do much this weekend, went to a Duhks concert tonight outside..
What fun!!!
I will post a link to some of their music or you can jsut look them up on you tube.
folky, celtic, blue grass, swampy, banjo, fiddle great harmonies as well.
I did help a friend move some of her furniture and finished some paper work, feel like I really goofed off this weekeknd though..I guess that is ok to do that every now and then.
The whole house needs cleaning but I don't have the energy nor motivation for doing this.
anyway off to find a duhk tune for you to listen to.
bizi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYdk_TcCeW8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMNxm...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caohk...related&search=

Salsa 04-02-2007 10:49 AM

I made some chicken this weekend and made 2 meatloaves this morning. This is after a long go of just making easy stuff to pop in the oven or microwave (like fish sticks, PBJ sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, hamburger.....you get the idea). Getting a little back to normal with my eating too. (I was pigging out on junk for a while).

Oh and the real good news is that the doc told me I can go back to work. (I've been on Family Medical Leave). I may be back this week even.

Sandy

bizi 04-02-2007 11:03 AM

that is fantastic sandy!
bizi:Dancing-Chilli:

Salsa 04-02-2007 12:11 PM

I got the OK call. I'll be back at work tomorrow.

Now I just need to figure out how to do anything when I'm working full time and have no car. (No transportation in town after 4:45). :mad:

befuddled2 04-02-2007 11:28 PM

Hi Mari, Sandy, and Bizi.

Bizi, I tried to hear the music on one of the links but could not hear anything. I really did not know what I was doing. The t.v. video played though.

I am trying out Pepsi One and I don't like it. I hope to see if my face clears up switching sweetners.

befuddled2

fiberowendy2000 04-03-2007 06:45 AM

My recent accomplishment for the week was on Sunday. Todd, my husband, races his car on a quarter mile straight track in New Hampshire and for the first time in a long time, I went with him. I was able to be somewhat comfortable there and didn't have any anxiety problems or pain issues. Unfortunately with fibromyalgia, delayed pain is common and I am dealing with that now.
I got tons of walking in and I am very proud of that. I actually went up to people who know Todd and I only met once or twice and talked to them confidently. Again, very proud of myself. On top of it all I had a good time!
Thanks for starting this thread!

bizi 04-03-2007 12:53 PM

this is great news from you today wendy!
good for you !
((((HUGS))))
bizi

befuddled2 04-04-2007 07:12 PM

That is great news Wendy.

Today I washed my car which is a biggie for me since it is so hard for me to do.

befuddled2

DiMarie 04-04-2007 08:45 PM

lots of good news and challanges met

It is good reading the good news and acomplishements!
I was full of anxiety to go back to work to how I would be treated but it was fine. My supervisor was very supportive, and even if I needed more time was fine. I go back tomorrow too.

I do have some concern of my hours being cut...our grant may not have as much money and there will be staff cutbacks. Only I have been in this program longer, the last two hires work for the agency but in different positions daytime.

Hump day today, two days until the weekend. I have to get in gear to get things done for Easter. :grouphug:
Di

Pamster 04-04-2007 09:07 PM

Today while we were at Jackie's school's field day he waved and said, "Hi Mom!" to me and I was so happy, since he's autistic it's some awesome to hear him speaking so clearly! I am really excited about how well he's doing now, just had to share since today him talking like that made my day! :D I didn't want to post the other news we've got though, wanted to wait for something good to happen, and Jackie talking to me (I was video taping the event and he was walking by in a parade of his classmates) thrilled me no end!

The other news is not good, the lady we've been working with about moving into this new place told me the other day that there is another couple that is somehow ahead of us and might be getting the cheaper rentable apartment. Which is BAD news, if they get it we're going to have to pay close to two hundred more a month to get in there. So I am hoping that tomorrow when we go to sign the last of the paperwork that we can convince her we deserve that break financially and that she should make good on her verbal promise to rent one of them to us at that rate, it's just not fair to ask us to pay more just because she forgot she told us we had the option of getting in one of those lower rent units.

It's so hard living on a fixed income, but we do our best, this rent break would allow us to get a newer car so you can imagine how much this means to us. I hope we get good news tomorrow...If so I will post about it here and be bouncing off the walls. LOL! ;) This was a great thread idea Mari, thanks for starting it. :D I am so grateful to have this forum to post with you all in, ever since the name change I feel a lot more comfortable here. :) I am really glad so many people post here, it makes it really supportive and useful to have so much support available. :D

You all are awesome! :D

bizi 04-04-2007 09:39 PM

So good to hear this report from you di, keep us posted about the hours...what is your favorite easter candy?

Pamster I am so hoping that you get that apartment so that you can get a decent car!!!!!!keeping fingers and toes crossed for you and sending alittle pixie dust as well.
:Girl(angel-flying):
bizi

forgot to add that I have to go see a cardialogist monday...my ekgs are weird...will keep you posted....
~sigh

Mari 04-05-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamster (Post 85864)
Today while we were at Jackie's school's field day he waved and said, "Hi Mom!" to me and I was so happy, since he's autistic it's some awesome to hear him speaking so clearly!

This is great news!

I hope you get good news on your house too.
M.

Mari 04-05-2007 12:56 AM

Dear DiMarie,
You did well!
And you have Easter to look forward to as well. :)
M.

Mari 04-05-2007 12:58 AM

Dear Befuddled,
Washing a car is huuge.
I'm glad that you have something to feel good about.
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/jumping0017.gif

M.

Mari 04-05-2007 01:02 AM

Dear Bizi, :)
I am sending good wishes and good vibes that all will go well Monday and that you will get some good news.
M.

Mari 04-05-2007 01:07 AM

Dear Wendy,
I'm glad that you had a good day, even if you had to pay some of the price the next day.

Was your husband happy to have you there with you?
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0064.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0064.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0064.gif

M.

Mari 04-05-2007 01:14 AM

Dear Sandy,
How's work? :You-Rock:
You have accomplished a lot in a short time.
M.

Mari 04-05-2007 01:17 AM

Hi,
I'm fine by the way.
I'm on the computer to avoid doing some work due tomorrow.
As the kids around here say, "it's all good."

M.

fiberowendy2000 04-05-2007 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 85920)
Dear Wendy,
I'm glad that you had a good day, even if you had to pay some of the price the next day.

Was your husband happy to have you there with you?
http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0064.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0064.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0064.gif

M.

Yes Mari he was. He likes to see me get out of the house and up and about rather than sit in the apartment alone.

fiberowendy2000 04-05-2007 07:33 AM

I cleaned my apartment on Monday!!!! Yes, vaccumed, dusted, cleaned the bathroom (minus tub/shower....too much for me) and did dishes!

Pamster 04-05-2007 08:02 AM

Thanks everyone for the support, I am so happy today because of how wonderful that was for me to get it on tape of him saying "Hi Mom" I couldn't have asked for a better start to the field day! I knew you'd all understand just how significant it really is for us. :D

That's greatr Wendy, I have to do some cleaning here too, but I have to get some shopping out of the way first, it's always something isn't it? LOL! :)

Glad you're doing good Mari, I am really glad you're posting and that you're doing good. It's really great to hear that "It's all good" that's awesome. :D

I will psot as soon as I hear what's going on with the apartment situation, I don't expect to hear back about it until next week, but even so today is a big day because I go meet this manager and sign the last of the paperwork we need to have done. :)

Pamster 04-05-2007 08:26 PM

I posted more about the day in the thread below this one, the trigger one about my car...I don't want to go on and on about it but the lady did finally answer the phone and we talked for awhile and she told me what I already knew, that there were no handicapped units open, so I was told that the other complex in another town just east of us here and east of the other place, that they have six units open and might be able to have a unit for the pricing we're wanting to get in for and possibly a handicapped unit, I should know Monday about that.

Monday afternoon to be specific, so wish us luck that we get the right price and the right kind of unit. I really want in a nice place, both places have on site parks, so it will be nice either way, though I kind of want the first place, because it's more contained, the other complex is HUGE and I don't want to get lost in the place trying to find home or really to have to drive a bunch further then what we'd have to do at the first place.

I'm heading off to bed now though, so that was my news for the day, got a lot done but not enough to get that last of the paperwork signed, that is yet to come, next week sometime. Hope everyone has a great night and even better morning! :D

bizi 04-05-2007 08:51 PM

You are inspirational pamster.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

Pamster 04-06-2007 10:44 AM

Thank you so much for saying that bizi, I do the best I can and I hope it's good enough. It's so hard sometimes just getting out of bed, but because I have a child I force myself to put on a happy face even if I feel like dirt. Luckily lately I have been feeling better about myself, mostly because my son's behavior is getting better, we had some real rough spots during February and March, but it's getting better so we're hanging in there. :)

When I made my site years ago I knew it wouldn't be easy to share so much about our lives, but the emails I have gotten over the years thanking me for having the amputee area and the autism/Jackie's pages make it all worthwhile. I know people appreciate being able to catch a glimpse into what life is like for someone like me. One thing I am too chicken of putting up though is a BiPolar page, I just added a Chronic Pain page and that took as much courage as I have in me to put up. :cool:

But I am glad I did! :D

Pamster 04-06-2007 07:49 PM

Must be kind of manic (probably because of worrying about the car yesterday) because I got yet another page up and live today, one I had been putting off for about eight years! A basic HTML How-To Guide! I have wanted one for Cyber-Soup since I made it in 1999. And today even with my son home I managed to get it made! Link is in my siggy, but I doubt I get another one up tomorrow, I am just happy to have made use of my time today and got another fine addition up on the site. I am so proud of myself for getting it done and making it as fun as it turned out to be. :D

bizi 04-06-2007 11:27 PM

this is great news!
You deserve to be proud of yourself ...
this is quite an accomplishment!
Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your energy while you have it!
go girl!
bizi

Pamster 04-07-2007 06:31 AM

Thank you bizi! :D I feel just as good this morning, though I woke up in pain I took my morning meds and am feeling much better. I hope you have a great weekend too! :D It's a lovely day already here in Florida. ;) I think we're going to take the little man to the park later, so it will be a lot of fun. :D