NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   I am tired (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/240306-am-tired.html)

mymorgy 09-23-2016 10:28 AM

I am tired

I haven't been around muc. I am so tired. I don't know if it is the doxepin, the stroke, the operations or all of the above. I am beginning to keep up a little by little. Kay if your husband got a kinder job I bet he could control his drinking. His not speaking up and being so abused can expain his great escape.
Mari I am glad for you. Things sound so much better. Brokenfriend thank goodness you are feeling better.
best wishes
bobby

mymorgy 09-23-2016 11:24 AM

i just got a call. Maria my housekeeper isn't coming any more. She cut my hair so beautifully. Things have been sort of rocky between us. I don't know if she quit the agency or just me

bizi 09-23-2016 04:37 PM

oh how disappointing.
bizi

OhKay 09-24-2016 10:03 AM

I'm happy to hear from you, Bobby :hug:

I wish thing were going better. You are probably right... being tired is likely a combination of several things. If it is the meds putting you over the top, I hope you adjust soon :hug:

I'm sorry about Maria. It's an unfortunate situation. Try not to take it personally. I hope the agency can get you someone new soon :hug:

mymorgy 09-24-2016 04:18 PM

i just did an internet search and it said that a stroke can leave you tired for months or more regardless if you rest. the agency already has a housekeeper lined up for Monday. My place is so messy. I got approval for the drug Silenor but since I can't tell the difference between the doxepin and silenor I will stay with the doxepin. I ave been losing my balance in the house a lot. Yesterday I went to the pooast office to mail my cousin his mother's bracelet. besides there not being able to read my writing i forgot to bring the zip code stella helped me today to mail the bracelet. Yes I am back with Stella.. I never stopped loving her I think she changed a bit after her month visiting relatives in Greece. she didn't have a nicee time. she was impressed that I was tested and wasn't afraid of death.

OhKay 09-25-2016 07:27 AM

The loss of balance could be a side effect of the doxepin… please be very careful Bobby :hug::hug::hug:

Sometimes the post office will write in the zip code and deliver your letter or package even if you left it off. They may not return it to you, and I hope that's the case.

I hope that Stella respects you for how well you have dealt with all the challenges you have faced, realizes you don't need to be lectured anymore, and treats you in the loving way you deserve. I'm glad that she is back in your life. You have been friends for so long… this will give you a chance for a fresh start :hug:

mymorgy 09-25-2016 08:07 AM

i have had the loss of balance of balance before the doxepin. I will speak to the pt guy to see if he can give me exercises. It is getting scary. It just mainly happens in the apartment. I don't remember if it is happening more after i had the stroke. The postoffice tried to find the zip code but couldn't. It was washington dc.they even looked up the street address. I went home and found the zip code he sent me and came back the next day. Stella rewrote the addresses. I called her up last night and told her I loved her and thanked her for her help. she said she loved me to and to be careful. She saw me almost bump into something. She is job hunting now. She was laid off. She sold her second apartment and made a lot of money but lent it to her brother who bought another apartment so his daughter can go to school in Rye, a better school system. Now he has to fix up his other apartment and sell it and give the money back to Stella. He also has a home in Tahoe.mThey grew up ine a one room home in Greece with no electricity or plumbing.

Dmom3005 09-25-2016 11:08 AM

Bobby

Please ask the PT that is concerning. I had these problems at one point. Now I get it every once in a while.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

OhKay 09-26-2016 07:24 AM

If you mention your balance problems to your PT, he will definitely work on them with you. You may be more predisposed to balance problems at home if it is cluttered and you are trying to navigate it.

Stella has certainly come a long way. I hope she can find a good job.
I'm glad she's been helpful to you.

Mari 09-26-2016 09:30 AM

I am happy to hear about Stella back in your life.
Keep yourself safe, Bobby.

M

mymorgy 09-27-2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1224828)
If you mention your balance problems to your PT, he will definitely work on them with you. You may be more predisposed to balance problems at home if it is cluttered and you are trying to navigate it.

Stella has certainly come a long way. I hope she can find a good job.
I'm glad she's been helpful to you.

the mystery is solved. the stroke really damaged my right leg so i lose balance so easily. we did an exercise where he gently ppushed me and i lost balance. He repeatedly pushed me and i repeatedly lost balance. I don't know if i will get it back. I have to take turns very slowly. Ithad nothing to do with the clutter which isn't that bad and which I haven't tripped over.

mymorgy 09-27-2016 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 1224855)
I am happy to hear about Stella back in your life.
Keep yourself safe, Bobby.

M

I sent a check yesterday for a ruddy female abyssinian. Joyce really came through for me. sHe is four month old and very sweet. She is coming from Missouri and will be delivered to me spayed and vaccinated.
I am going to the dentist for a deep cleaning today. The side where I had the stroke has a tooth that hurts when I brush it. I am so scarred it will be bad news. My hand is weak so it is hard to brush hard.
I stopped thenpill. the depression and sleep problems are back. I coudn'tstand constantly being tired

OhKay 09-27-2016 07:51 AM

Congratulations on the new kitty!!! :)
I'm so glad that she is spayed already! 4 months is great because she will be litter box trained, too!

I'm guessing you stopped the doxepin? I think I remember you stopped or reduced one of your other antidepressants the last time you saw your pdoc so you won't be on much medication now. What are you still taking?
Are you going to make an appointment with you pdoc?

I have had problems at different times because of the MS. I ended up with a cavity in a back tooth. Your PT may be able to help you figure out a way to make brushing easier. Switching from a heavy electric toothbrush to a lightweight regular one with a big handle helped me.

I hope that everything works out at the dentist for you :hug:

mymorgy 09-27-2016 07:58 AM

I think they are wired to be litter trained. I got Pumpkins at eight weeks and tui at ten weeks and they were both litter trained. I have been using two hands to clean my right side of my mouth now. For a while I didn't.
I am taking zoloft and buprotiooon(sp) but they don't really help. Thanks about the dentist!

bizi 09-27-2016 08:48 AM

could you swing to have more frequent dental cleanings?
do you floss? ( I don't) maybe there is a piece of food stuck?
good luck at the dentist.
bizi

mymorgy 09-27-2016 09:00 AM

i go ever three months but this time i had to skip because of the surgery. flossinng won't do it. I need something abrasive

Dmom3005 09-27-2016 09:11 AM

Bobby
Hopefully the dentist will have an idea to help.

mymorgy 09-27-2016 10:19 AM

i am scaared about the tooth because i have a partialll bridge annd only five teeth leftIf anything happens to that tooth I don't know what will happen. then my social worker called and told me to call the pdoc. I know him and nothing will happen. I hate to be told what I already know. I don't have the patience or be told misinformation

mymorgy 09-27-2016 12:27 PM

I was shocked. the dentist visit went well. she said not to brush as hard if it hurts

Mari 09-27-2016 01:24 PM

Glad to hear that the dentist went well.

Here are some pictures I found of cats like yours:

ruddy abyssinians - Google Search

M

OhKay 09-28-2016 05:45 AM

I'm glad the dental appointment went well.

Mari, thank you for the pictures! What beautiful cats! :)

mymorgy 09-28-2016 06:24 AM

you. the best part about them are their personalities. yesterday I went to bed at seven but i was in bed at four. I still feel tired. I am thanking God left and right/

OhKay 10-02-2016 06:51 AM

How are you doing Bobby? Thinking of you… :hug:

mymorgy 10-02-2016 01:32 PM

I am just so tired. I have been in bed all day. I was severely depressed most of the time. then i had a pack of biscuits because my stomach has been hurting all day yesterdaay and today.that helped. It was really acidic and i don;t know what to take. then I had a chocolate bar and my depression went away. Iam going to look up more about strokes and fatigue.
thanks for asking.
bobby
"
Depression. You may feel tired because of depression which is very common after a stroke
Sleep. Irregular sleep cycles and disrupted sleep is also common after stroke"

bizi 10-02-2016 01:49 PM

I am sorry you continue to be tired. ARe you able to take your walks still?
bizi

mymorgy 10-02-2016 02:44 PM

yes when cecilia wants to and I am free

OhKay 10-03-2016 07:25 AM

I'm glad that you are still going for walks when you can.

Are you going to PT?

I'm sorry that your depression and fatigue is giving you such a tough time. I wish I had an idea that could help :hug::hug::hug:

I've found Gaviscon is by far the best antacid out there. It was recommended to me by my PCP. Just check with your pharmacist to make sure there are no interactions before taking it. It comes in liquid and tablet form. I take the extra strength cherry flavor tablets. Hope that helps :hug:

mymorgy 10-03-2016 05:01 PM

i was too tired to day.yes I willbe going to pt for while.Thanks i ordered some

OhKay 10-04-2016 07:11 AM

I'm glad you're going to PT. How is it going? Do you like your therapist?

mymorgy 10-04-2016 11:32 AM

it is progressing very slowly. there is so much to work on. i go twice a week.
I just got sick from overdoing it. I like the guy

Dmom3005 10-04-2016 02:46 PM

Bobby

Honestly twice a week is plenty. I went 3 times a week only because of
an surgery and they were changing my dressings. I did this twice.
But after healing and things I went to two times a week.

OhKay 10-05-2016 06:18 AM

Therapy can be be very taxing, even painful. I know that the pace and the time it takes to see results can be frustrating :hug:
I'm sorry that you had a setback. I hope that you are feeling better now and that your therapist treated you very gently, or gave you a break, for a while after that :hug::hug::hug:

I have been through therapy many, many times. At some points, I've only been able to afford to go once or twice a week because of the cost of copays, but I did very light exercises at home, and that was enough for me to get back to where I needed to be.

I think that twice a week is going to be just fine, especially since you have overworked yourself once already.

Mari 10-06-2016 01:44 AM

Bobby,

I hope that things get better for you.

Mari

mymorgy 10-06-2016 10:13 AM

i still don't feel well. I don't have a appetite. My stomach still hurts. My friend might might be dying, I got a blue absysinian.cShe is hiding but came out
for a while to eat and drink

Mari 10-06-2016 04:25 PM

Beautiful. How old is the new cat

Blue blue abyssinian cats

blue abbsinian cat - Google Search

Friday’s Casual Cat: The Abyssinian – Clear Sight

OhKay 10-07-2016 06:45 AM

I'm so sorry about your friend Bobby :hug::hug::hug:

I wish you were feeling better. Are you still taking the doxepin?
Can you try eating things that are gentle on the stomach such as applesauce, white rice, or toast?
I hope you start to feel better soon :hug:

What beautiful cats! How old is she Bobby?
It's common for them to hide when they come to a new place. She will start coming out for longer periods soon. There are other cats, so that might be a factor. Are the other cats showing any interest?

mymorgy 10-07-2016 08:44 AM

My expert friend Joyce said it is very common fot kittens to hide for a few days and they are very clever about i.the cats are simi interested. today I played with her feathers on a stick. she was mostly under the furniture. she is about 4 1/2 months old. I really think I have a bug. this has been going on since monday.
bobby

OhKay 10-08-2016 06:29 AM

I the kitty feels like exploring soon, and you feel better :hug::hug::hug:

Mari 10-09-2016 12:35 AM

Sorry about your friend, Bobby.:hug::hug::hug:

If rice is too much hassle, for me, sometimes store bought boxed cereal does
essentially the same thing.

(minus the cow milk as I am lactose intolerant. maybe minus other liquid. maybe only a little liquid or maybe
liquid separate from the cereal/ toast. . . . . . go with how you feel)

M

mymorgy 10-09-2016 07:59 AM

i just bought some feniway to help or try to help with the stituation. I had taramisu's nails clipped yesterday. Tody I think i heard abby growing. last night i dreammt that i was all scratched up by a cat. abby is living under the bed. I feed her there. today is the first day my stomach feels better. I feel so stressed out. I don;t know else to do. I decided i love tiramisu and the thought of giving her up hurts too much