NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/)
-   -   Getting off of Lyrica (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/42484-getting-lyrica.html)

nancy-h 03-31-2008 01:58 PM

Getting off of Lyrica

Good Monday to you All!

Has anyone here been taken off of Lyrica after you have been on it a while? If so, what procedure was followed to taper off? I take 300 mgs. twice a day. This 600 mgs. is not normally recommended but then again, I'm not normal. HA!

Help, anyone?

NANCY-H

froglady 03-31-2008 05:56 PM

I titrated from 75mgs, to 50mgs for three dys...25 for 3 dys, then every other day for 3 days. Had no trouble getting off except the pain got progressivly worse as I went down. It did help me ubt had some bad side effects. Lots of swelling, more confusion than normal with my brain damage, and eye sight problems. So very glad to be off the stuff. Hope all goes well for you Nancy as you get off. froggie:)

razzle51 04-01-2008 12:40 PM

Lyrica

Never take yourself off meds . Please contact your dr. to help you get off

froglady 04-02-2008 08:36 AM

Razzle is so right...need doc to say so. Mine gave my formular I used. :wink:

not2happy 04-09-2008 08:28 PM

Nancy, last year I was on Lyrica at 300mg/day. To wean myself off, the doc had me reduce by 50mg every two weeks.

After foot surgery last fall and having things go crazy, I'm back on Lyrica. I was up to 600mg/day, but it was a bit too much for me to handle. So now I'm at 500mg/day and doing better. My doc says the nerve damage in my foot could take up to two years to completely heal, so I may be on the Lyrica for quite some time.

Please don't stop on your own. And for heaven's sake, don't just stop taking it all together. You could risk causing yourself to have a seizure.

Ask your doc what he/she feels is the best schedule to follow.

Idealist 04-21-2008 09:44 PM

I agree on the doc thing. But when I talked to my PC, he told me it was safe to go off of it faster than the taper he calculated, as long as I didn't have any bad effects. So I managed to get off in half the time I would have. But please, you do what you are comfortable with. Don't take chances without thorough consideration. And be safe. Good luck and God bless! :)

Horizontal One 04-25-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy-h (Post 248334)
Good Monday to you All!

Has anyone here been taken off of Lyrica after you have been on it a while? If so, what procedure was followed to taper off? I take 300 mgs. twice a day. This 600 mgs. is not normally recommended but then again, I'm not normal. HA!

Help, anyone?

NANCY-H

HI Nancy

I am also on Lyrica and have been for 4 years .

I am on 600mgs (300mg twice a day), the highest rec dose. I was on an extra 100mg at night but off that now. Awaiting further consults before thinking of coming down on it.

Take care Nancy as with all drugs you must be careful and slowly reduce the amount in consultation with your Doctor. Some people may have no problems others it can be a bumpy road.
I understand about the side effects from being on it, the appetite, the weight increase, sleepiness, dry eyes, poor concentration. Have all of them but something have to live with or live with more pain.
Remember the effects for one can be different for another.

Hx

Joe M 05-21-2008 02:21 PM

Why the Lyrica Detox??

I am having a hard time understanding why those of us who are meds like narcotics and others, have to very gradually cut down on a medication like Lyrica. I know it's like a Schedule V, but it's pretty low on the scale. Of all the medications I take because of head trauma & chronic pain, Lyrica seems like Baby Aspirin compared to the heavy stuff. :eek: Why must we be slowing weaned off this medication like Oxycontin or Fentanyl?

Can someone post their opinion on this please ... :grouphug:

Thanks!

Joe

finz 05-25-2008 09:56 PM

Because it can cause rebound seizures, even for those of us who are not taking it for seizure control.

coyoteman 06-05-2008 11:23 AM

Hi all ,
im new to this forum chat, just wanted to say that i was diagnosed with crps 3 years ago and at the moment i take 300mgs of lyrica day and also 20mgs of morphiene a day .I would like to come off the morphiene eventually and also try to reduce the Lyrica but am a bit scared because at the moment i have the pain somewhat under control ,still have the odd bad day ,but alot better than it has ever been...has anyone ever come off Lyrica and been ok .

sorry if i waffled on ...:wink:
Neil xxxxxxxx

finz 06-07-2008 03:46 AM

Hi Coyote,

Why do you want to come off the meds ? Do you have reason to suspect that the CRPS is in remission ? I would be very careful about messing with a formula that seems to be working.

Some conditions will require medication management for the rest of our lives. I've seen a lot of patients think that, for instance, they can stop taking their blood pressure pills because their bp has been good for over a year. Unless they have changed other things in that time period (like losing weight), their bp is good because they are taking their meds.

I'm new to CRPS. I understand that some people can have remissions, but I'm not sure if they have changes in the more visible signs of the disorder when their condition has improved. Like, does the skin get "normal looking" again and does the sweating stop ?

If your question was simply......Can someone taper off Lyrica slowly and not have complications from the taper ? Sure, that happens all the time (I've done that myself because my insurance wouldn't cover Lyrica and I was out of free samples from my doc). If your question is ..........Will my CRPS still be in control if I stop taking this med ? Then, I think that is much more complicated to answer, but the most obvious answer for most people will be that their pain will increase.

I'd definitely talk to your doctor before fiddling with any of your doses. Good Luck !

Trippsmom 06-21-2008 03:55 PM

I'm a Fibro patient - new to the forums (where is the fibro forum?!).
I've got to stop Lyrica because of extreme blurred vision, phtophonia, and peripheral edema. My eyesight is so bad, I can't read or drive and have to sit 3 feet from the TV. Really bytes. At any rate, Doc said it depends on the dosage and how long you've been taking it. I'm onlt taking 50 mg 2X daily - these past three months so shoudn't experience much in the way of withdrawal. Key is to get your Doc's advice - and follow it!
Hoping to get my eyesight back,
Jean

Chemar 06-21-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippsmom (Post 306483)
I'm a Fibro patient - new to the forums (where is the fibro forum?!).

Jean

Hi Jean and welcome

you will find our fibro forum here
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum12.html

ali12 06-22-2008 07:28 AM

Hi - I am on Lyrica for my CRPS/RSD. My doctor took me off Lyrica in March to see if it was helping any but unfortunately I came off it too quickly and had withdrawal symptoms (these including, difficulty breathing, vomiting, mood swings etc)
Please talk to your doctor and see if he/she can wean you off it
Best wishes
Alison

Sandel 06-22-2008 04:34 PM

Hi there..

I had to be taken off lyrica because of it causing bad thoughts, suicidal nasty stuff just poppin in my head, had me pretty scared of myself.
I was tapered over 2 weeks, the pain never changed when I went off thought it helped alot when I first went on lyrica, and the bad thoughts got alot better after stopping it.

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2008/NEW01786.html

Be well,
Sandel

nancy-h 06-30-2008 12:12 PM

I went to the doc!

Thanks to all who responded to my question about tapering off of Lyrica. I have been traveling a lot lately and just talked to my doc at my appt. last week. I recently had a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted for my neuropathy pain which has reduced my pain by 20-25%. So she had no issue with taking me off the Lyrica. (In addition to causing a 25% weight gain, it has effected my eyesight as well.) I am starting today and should be completely off in 3 weeks or so.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.
Nancy

Junie 07-04-2008 11:57 AM

I took myself off of it since the Dr's ignored me when I complained of blackouts, confusion, and many other mental problems and being a nurse I knew to taper but I also knew the drug was killing me!It took over a year to begin to get short term memory back.... I took it for nerve pain! I guess I am saying if your Dr does not address problem and you know med is harming you, get off of it! I am tired of being a lab rat!!

KelliS79 10-07-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Good Monday to you All!

Help, anyone?

NANCY-H

my doctor did the same as Frog Lady's did.

Jane 10-13-2008 01:53 PM

I have been on Lyrica for three years. A year or so ago, my Part D decided not to cover it anymore and cut me off. I was just taking 50mg tid and was in full blown withdrawl the next day. It took my doc ten days to get it straightened out and I was in withdrawl the entire time...............no let up. As a matter of fact, I called him the day it was finally approved and said I was going to the ER and say the magic words to get admitted to the psych unit where I could get it since it was on my med list.

I can go off of hefty pain meds with minimal discomfort but this was pure hell with the sweats, chills, bowl problems etc. This also kicked off a Fibro flair that lasted several months. Just my strange experience.

harleygirl 03-14-2009 03:06 PM

Lyrica

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idealist (Post 263830)
I agree on the doc thing. But when I talked to my PC, he told me it was safe to go off of it faster than the taper he calculated, as long as I didn't have any bad effects. So I managed to get off in half the time I would have. But please, you do what you are comfortable with. Don't take chances without thorough consideration. And be safe. Good luck and God bless! :)

Can you tell me how long it took you to get off of Lyrica and how many mg you were taking each day. I'm going cold turkey and am going on day 4. The first couple of days were like hell. Still, I have barely slept and cannot fall asleep for more than 15 to 30 minutes at a time. Hopefully, it will get better. I never want to go back on this medication again. I've tried stopping b/f cold turkey and usually go back b/c I can't sleep and also I feel depressed. Did you get depressed trying to stop the Lyrica?

harleygirl 03-14-2009 03:21 PM

Lyrica

Quote:

Originally Posted by froglady (Post 248487)
I titrated from 75mgs, to 50mgs for three dys...25 for 3 dys, then every other day for 3 days. Had no trouble getting off except the pain got progressivly worse as I went down. It did help me ubt had some bad side effects. Lots of swelling, more confusion than normal with my brain damage, and eye sight problems. So very glad to be off the stuff. Hope all goes well for you Nancy as you get off. froggie:)

I've been taking lyrica for nere pain and am trying to quit cold turkey. Have you been able to stay off of Lyrica. I've tried to quit b/f without success in the long term.

BlueMajo 03-14-2009 04:57 PM

I took 150 mg per day for one year and stopped it suddenly (ordered by my doc).

2 days I felt "weird". Doc put me in B-complex pills and I feel perfect. No pain, I could sleep, no tremors, no depression, no bad dreams... nothing. Actually felt better than when taking the Lyrica (which also helped me alot.)

Good luck !

Pfizer Hater 05-02-2009 05:31 PM

Lyrica Ruined My Life!!!

I quit Lyrica. I tapered down from 300 mg over 5 weeks. Then another two weeks of absolute HELL.

I've suffered from fibromyalgia for nearly 18 years. I was on Lyrica for 13 months. After the initial loopiness and scary leg swelling, I started working out and the leg swelling disappeared. I got strong again and felt almost normal. It was wonderful until I got a lung infection and became very depressed and suicidal.

I'm thinking, "I'm not suicidal..." so I checked my meds, and sure enough, Lyrica has suicidal thoughts listed as well as infections. I was also experiencing blurred vision as well. That was 6 MONTHS AGO!!!

Since then, I've lost my income and become basically un-functional. Homelessness is just around the corner. My doctors think I may have a brain tumor or cyst. Just before I started tapering off, I started getting headaches. They've gotten worse. I'm poor so approval for an MRI is taking weeks. I may die first.

(FDA approval was delayed because Lyrica causes tumors in mice. Pfizer convinced them that was just because of high doses.)

To taper off, I took Soma - a muscle relaxer. It really helped until I ran out. By then, I was bedridden and of no mind to manage to get a refill so I suffered through the last two weeks.

If anyone hears of a lawsuit, let me know. I'd like to join in. Lyrica is extremely addictive - even after the free sample period. It only works for a few people. I read an estimate that only 15% will be helped - but nearly everyone who tries it will get hooked and have to suffer the withdrawals. If you go cold turkey, your brain could swell - this has been documented.

Shame of Pfizer. Shame on the FDA. The advent of Lyrica is nothing short of criminal abuse of the already suffering.

I wish I'd never heard of it. I would advise everyone to avoid this poison at all costs.

dsfntsyizj 07-14-2009 02:31 PM

weaning off lyrica

i am coming off 600mg of lyrica 1st week 300mg,but was sick to days and missed it got suicidal thoughts,crying for two days i could not believe this .today i start 75mg 2 times a day im nervous,petrified more like it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pfizer Hater (Post 504871)
I quit Lyrica. I tapered down from 300 mg over 5 weeks. Then another two weeks of absolute HELL.

I've suffered from fibromyalgia for nearly 18 years. I was on Lyrica for 13 months. After the initial loopiness and scary leg swelling, I started working out and the leg swelling disappeared. I got strong again and felt almost normal. It was wonderful until I got a lung infection and became very depressed and suicidal.

I'm thinking, "I'm not suicidal..." so I checked my meds, and sure enough, Lyrica has suicidal thoughts listed as well as infections. I was also experiencing blurred vision as well. That was 6 MONTHS AGO!!!

Since then, I've lost my income and become basically un-functional. Homelessness is just around the corner. My doctors think I may have a brain tumor or cyst. Just before I started tapering off, I started getting headaches. They've gotten worse. I'm poor so approval for an MRI is taking weeks. I may die first.

(FDA approval was delayed because Lyrica causes tumors in mice. Pfizer convinced them that was just because of high doses.)

To taper off, I took Soma - a muscle relaxer. It really helped until I ran out. By then, I was bedridden and of no mind to manage to get a refill so I suffered through the last two weeks.

If anyone hears of a lawsuit, let me know. I'd like to join in. Lyrica is extremely addictive - even after the free sample period. It only works for a few people. I read an estimate that only 15% will be helped - but nearly everyone who tries it will get hooked and have to suffer the withdrawals. If you go cold turkey, your brain could swell - this has been documented.

Shame of Pfizer. Shame on the FDA. The advent of Lyrica is nothing short of criminal abuse of the already suffering.

I wish I'd never heard of it. I would advise everyone to avoid this poison at all costs.

Chica43 08-11-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy-h (Post 312522)
Thanks to all who responded to my question about tapering off of Lyrica. I have been traveling a lot lately and just talked to my doc at my appt. last week. I recently had a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted for my neuropathy pain which has reduced my pain by 20-25%. So she had no issue with taking me off the Lyrica. (In addition to causing a 25% weight gain, it has effected my eyesight as well.) I am starting today and should be completely off in 3 weeks or so.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.
Nancy

Hi Nancy, I am new to this posting site but I was looking for assistance in getting off lyrica. If you are still around and posting, please let me know how your Dr. had you come off the drug. I simply have to get off and I am in a new city and don't want to start with a new neurologist right now. Thanks

smae 08-11-2010 06:38 PM

What dose are you on, Chica43?

Chica43 08-11-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah Mae (Post 684140)
What dose are you on, Chica43?

Taking 175mg. only in evening along with 40 mg cymbalta. Cannot tolerate at all to take during the day and, as it is, I am still so lethargic and bloated just taking it in the evening. As well as other negative side effects.

smae 08-11-2010 08:26 PM

Okay, then I will wait for someone else to help you... I was on 300mg at one time... but just recently weaned off of 75mg of Lyrica.. if you were on that low of a dose, I could tell you how to do it... but don't remember how I went off off it when I was on 300mg (that was a few years ago) and don't want to give you the wrong information! Just thought I'd check though in case I would be able to help.

I didn't have any major side effects with Lyrica... it just made me very hungry... I didn't notice it when I was on the 300 mg... but when I was just recently on it. I was on it for peripheral neuropathy that I got after having gastric bypass surgery. Well now my stomach is so small and the Lyrica made me SO hungry--not a good combination. By all means it was not a major side effect, and if the Lyrica was doing some good, I would have stayed on it--but it wasn't helping at all, so I went off of it.

The bloating is a mild side effect usually, but being lethargic usually is a pretty big deal... and "other negative side effects"... if you are having multiple side effects, it is probably best.

Chica43 08-11-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah Mae (Post 684160)
Okay, then I will wait for someone else to help you... I was on 300mg at one time... but just recently weaned off of 75mg of Lyrica.. if you were on that low of a dose, I could tell you how to do it... but don't remember how I went off off it when I was on 300mg (that was a few years ago) and don't want to give you the wrong information! Just thought I'd check though in case I would be able to help.

I didn't have any major side effects with Lyrica... it just made me very hungry... I didn't notice it when I was on the 300 mg... but when I was just recently on it. I was on it for peripheral neuropathy that I got after having gastric bypass surgery. Well now my stomach is so small and the Lyrica made me SO hungry--not a good combination. By all means it was not a major side effect, and if the Lyrica was doing some good, I would have stayed on it--but it wasn't helping at all, so I went off of it.

The bloating is a mild side effect usually, but being lethargic usually is a pretty big deal... and "other negative side effects"... if you are having multiple side effects, it is probably best.

I appreciate your erring on side of caution, but would appreciate knowing how you weaned yourself off the 75mg per day.

smae 08-11-2010 09:08 PM

My doctor had me go off of it the exact same way I went on it... I went from 75 mg 3 times a day down to 50 mgs 3 times a day for 5 days... and then 50 mgs 2 times a day for 2 days and then stopped. The problem with Lyrica is that as far as I know, it's all capsules, not tablets that can be broken.. I was only on it about 3 weeks this last time, so I was still using samples from my doctor (because my insurance has a fit when we try to get them to pay for Lyrica... so my doctor gave samples to see if it would work first) so I had access to both the 75 mg capsules and the 50 mg capsules. I'm not sure how that would work in your situation--are your pills 175 mg capsules? Or do you take 2 or 3 of a certain strength to get to 175? Without a doctor giving you the correct pills to wean off of it, it will impossible if all you have is a 175 mg capsule... unless someone out there knows something I don't--such as breaking them open, but as far as I know, that can't be done.

Chica43 08-12-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah Mae (Post 684174)
My doctor had me go off of it the exact same way I went on it... I went from 75 mg 3 times a day down to 50 mgs 3 times a day for 5 days... and then 50 mgs 2 times a day for 2 days and then stopped. The problem with Lyrica is that as far as I know, it's all capsules, not tablets that can be broken.. I was only on it about 3 weeks this last time, so I was still using samples from my doctor (because my insurance has a fit when we try to get them to pay for Lyrica... so my doctor gave samples to see if it would work first) so I had access to both the 75 mg capsules and the 50 mg capsules. I'm not sure how that would work in your situation--are your pills 175 mg capsules? Or do you take 2 or 3 of a certain strength to get to 175? Without a doctor giving you the correct pills to wean off of it, it will impossible if all you have is a 175 mg capsule... unless someone out there knows something I don't--such as breaking them open, but as far as I know, that can't be done.

Thank you Sarah Mae. I do have access to 25mg capsules as I have been taking one 150mg plus one 25mg to get to the 175mg dosage. And...I have been known to open a capsule to pour some out and get it back together!!! I believe that now, thanks to you, I can formulate a plan to decrease my dosage in a safe manner.

smae 08-12-2010 11:38 AM

Oh, okay! Well that is good, I guess. Of course, I would still suggest asking a doctor, because I have no medical training--but I know you said that isn't really an option. I hope you are able to figure it out and work your way off of it with no problems! Good luck. :)

Chica43 08-12-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah Mae (Post 684313)
Oh, okay! Well that is good, I guess. Of course, I would still suggest asking a doctor, because I have no medical training--but I know you said that isn't really an option. I hope you are able to figure it out and work your way off of it with no problems! Good luck. :)

Thank you for your replies.

tracypalinsky 09-25-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Good Monday to you All!

Help, anyone?

NANCY-H

Hey Nancy, I am Tracy and been on Lyrica and it was 600mg and did not work but I gained 30 pounds!! I have nerve damage and take methadone and OPANA. Feel better.

jennaferg 11-24-2010 05:03 AM

Weaning off Lyrica

Hi there - my name is Jenna. I am 24 and in a very desperate state as I suffer from severe pain due to my Neuropathy (been a type 1 diabetic for nearly five years). I take 600mg Lyrica per day and find it gives me a bit of relief but terrible side effects. I get headaches, nausea, muscle spasms, tearfulness, constipation, aching body, flu-like symptoms, and practically spend all afternoon lying down and sleep as much as possible. I have NO energy whatsoever and feel like my body has been kidnapped!! I have been on Lyrica for about 4 months now and have lost my appetite too. (Dropped from 51kgs - 44.5kgs) Can anyone relate to these syptoms? I am wanting so desperately to wean myself off Lyrica but am worried I'll need it too much. Any advise would be good.

bruegger84 11-26-2010 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pfizer Hater (Post 504871)

i completely agree with you, and pfizer has being doing too much of this bulls** lately. are they also the makers of slurroquel. anyways harleygirl and pfizer i completely agree this drug is the worst.

and for that guy that said hey lyrica is like baby aspirin. don't start there guy. i mean for one, the longer you're on lyrica, the more the lyrica demon possesses you, and also the more you're withdrawals are gonna feel like the spawn of hell.

there's only a select few drugs out there, that can make the withdrawal from lyrica, somewhat pleasant and they are some antidepressants, savella possibly, topamax(another AED), valium, xanax. and quite possibly a few other AEDs besides trileptal or tegretol(both are extremely depressing)

i got so depressed going off lyrica, i didnt want to kill myself, but literally felt like a zombie dead person.

PS B vitamins and magnesium chloride may be a little helpful too.

jumeck 01-13-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razzle51 (Post 249083)
Never take yourself off meds . Please contact your dr. to help you get off

I wish that advice were applicable for all. Ultimately you have to assess the condition of whatever medical condition you have, and the dosage of whatever medicine you are being prescribed for the illness, if you feel the need to go "cold turkey". Personally, I have had to take myself completely off 3 different meds due to extreme adverse side effects. Lyrica was one of those meds. After Lyrica built up in myself I stopped feeling emotions completely, and even though not tired, I would sleep all day. I literally didn't care about anything, I told my doctor about the situation multiple times and he told me to take half the dosage. When blisters started developing in my mouth, and I began to have hot flashes I had to go with my best judgement, which was throwing out the Lyrica. (I had SJS reaction from a medication in 2004 and going through that hell is something I'll never allow happen again.) I have had some Diarrhea from stopping so abruptly, but I'm beginning to feel normal again, and no other odd reactions. I've had to the same with Tramadol, and Tegretol. I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and would prefer a traditional narcotic pain killer any day over these newer meds that have almost killed me.

cindyartist3 02-12-2011 04:30 AM

Lyrica is Evil!

Hi my name is Cindy. Let me tell you about Lyrica. I have been trying to get off that crap for weeks now. I have had insane headaches, and I cannot sleep worth beans. But, and I mean but, the worst thing to happen to me is not the sweating, and hard time breathing, but suffering from TIA, or mini-stroke caused by Lyrica. Omg, if you can find another way to cope with Neuopathic or Chronic pain, people, please find some other way besides Lyrica. Lyrica = Stroke, stroke = death.

lebelvedere 02-12-2011 05:52 PM

Lyrica versus Elavil

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindyartist3 (Post 743755)
Hi my name is Cindy. Let me tell you about Lyrica. I have been trying to get off that crap for weeks now. I have had insane headaches, and I cannot sleep worth beans. But, and I mean but, the worst thing to happen to me is not the sweating, and hard time breathing, but suffering from TIA, or mini-stroke caused by Lyrica. Omg, if you can find another way to cope with Neuopathic or Chronic pain, people, please find some other way besides Lyrica. Lyrica = Stroke, stroke = death.

Hello, Cindy and all the others: Hard time breathing, sweating, short term memory loss (you go into a room and don't remember why you are there), feeling beaten and tired, confused -- well, I had all those symptoms and more, then cut my dose (doctor suggested it) from 150 to 100 mg per day, after which things got better. You people who take 300 and more, I don't see how you are still alive. Lyrica, on the other hand, did stop incredible pain in my right leg that drove me to try to kill myself; so, in a way, it saved my life. Getting used to it was pure hell for 2 weeks, so I imagine that trying to get off it would be the same.

I did try to stop Lyrica entirely, to see what would happen. Sure enough, the pain in my leg returned. I'll try again soon, and see once more. I hear that nerves fix themselves slowly, over time; I don't know about that. Maybe that's something some of us should try from time to time -- drop Lyrica, and see what happens.

As for cutting the pills, I still have some 75 mg pills left. Every so often, I take a knife and cut one in half, take it in the morning plus a 50mg at night. Seems to work O.K.

Does somebody out there know the pros and cons of Lyrica versus Elavil? I'd love to hear about them. Thanks ever so much.

Tom

gabbycakes 02-13-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindyartist3 (Post 743755)

Hi Cindyartist2,

I had a terrible time with Lyrica. Luckily the problem was weight gain and it was qucik,fast and alot. I was only on it for 4-5 months gaind 70lbs and I'm not kidding it was that much. Took me a year and 1/2 to lose it never again. Truly I find the less I take the better I feel it took me quite a time to figure this out.

Good Luck,

Gabbycakes