NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Random Thoughts Again! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/162115-random.html)

tkrik 12-16-2011 11:26 AM

Random Thoughts Again!

I thought it would be fun to start up the Random Thoughts again. I have so many of them myself and I'm sure some of you do too. With that, my random thought for the day . . .

The holidays are coming and with that it means family, friends, food, and wonderment of the season. This year Hanukah begins on the 20th and Christmas, as always, on the 25th. It's so neat that they are both occurring around the same time. While I am Catholic, I not only respect the Jewish religion but am intrigued by it as well. I mean, Jesus was a Jew and if I am to understand his life better, I need to understand his religion. I grew up around a lot of Jewish kids and many of them were my good friends. We shared in each others traditions. I was very fortunate for that.

Ok, I got off track and started rambling. Back on point. People seem to do good things only around this time of year. It brings out the good in them. However, why does it only happen at this time of year. I've been guilty of this too. So my challenge for the upcoming year is to keep the feeling going through the next year. I saw this thing online somewhere that every day a deed is done for someone. Like, Monday would be to send a card to someone, Tuesday bring some food to a shelter, soup kitchen, or food bank, Wednesday would be to bring a neighbor a gift (handmade, store bought, just a card or some cookies), etc. I thought what a fantastic idea. I could do some of these things, especially sending cards (well I do have to budget for stamps, which is tough).

What's your random thought for the day?

Blessings2You 12-16-2011 11:53 AM

You just reminded me--I've always believed that sometimes a good deed isn't something you do, but something you DON'T do. When you DON'T say, "I already knew that" when somebody excitedly shares something. When you DON'T nail somebody with the zinger he so richly deserves. When you DON'T say "I know exactly how you feel", even if you probably do. And so on.

My random thought? There are as many wackos on the Price as Right as there are on Dr. Phil.

tkrik 12-16-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 832886)
You just reminded me--I've always believed that sometimes a good deed isn't something you do, but something you DON'T do. When you DON'T say, "I already knew that" when somebody excitedly shares something. When you DON'T nail somebody with the zinger he so richly deserves. When you DON'T say "I know exactly how you feel", even if you probably do. And so on.

My random thought? There are as many wackos on the Price as Right as there are on Dr. Phil.

So very true B2Y! Sometimes it is the things we don't do or don't say that can become good deeds.

AND, You just reminded me of why I don't watch daytime TV. :D I haven't watched the Price is Right in years!!! I used to love the game shows that they had on TV during the day. The Price is Right was one of them. It's sad how they don't have them on anymore.

Kitty 12-16-2011 02:09 PM

Funny how good something sounds until you have to make it yourself. :rolleyes:

I thought I wanted an orange.....until I cut it up, made a huge mess and then didn't want to eat it OR clean up the mess! :mad:

ewizabeth 12-17-2011 12:36 AM

My foot hurts... Oh, Yahtzee!! Yippee! I wonder if we have any good snacks in the kitchen? My tongue hurts. What time is it anyway? That TV is so loud.

doydie 12-17-2011 12:54 AM

Why did they all of a sudden make fruit for kids that is easy to peel and seedless? Didn't they think us older people would have wanted that? Hybrid cars, now hybrid fruit

SallyC 12-17-2011 08:35 AM

I am soooo thankful for all this HHC help I've been getting, since home from the hospital........But, would someone make them stop now..:D

Blessings2You 12-17-2011 04:28 PM

I now hate weekends as much as I used to love them. Go figure.

Kitty 12-17-2011 05:05 PM

Why is the end of my nose always cold? :confused:

I wonder if I snore? I've never heard myself snore.....but how would I if I'm asleep? :confused:

I was fine till I watched Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Now I'm hungry for Mexican food. :rolleyes:

Debbie D 12-17-2011 07:02 PM

I think my New Years resolution will be to not interrupt people so much and to really listen to what others are saying.

Now I am cold/hot, cold/hot...

ger715 12-17-2011 08:52 PM

Sally,

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 833135)
I am soooo thankful for all this HHC help I've been getting, since home from the hospital........But, would someone make them stop now..:D

Help!!! What is HHC??:confused:

tkrik 12-17-2011 08:54 PM

Last night, before going to sleep, I had a great random thought I wanted to share with you all - just didn't feel like getting out of bed to share it. I woke up and remembered that I wanted to share that thought. Well . . . I'll be danged if I could not remember what it was. I gave myself all day to try and remember it but it never came. So . . .

Last night I had a random thought,
But then, I forgot.

:D:D:D

tkrik 12-17-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ger715 (Post 833315)

Home Health Care.

Hi Ger! Welcome!

SallyC 12-17-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ger715 (Post 833315)

Home health care.:)

tkrik 12-17-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 833318)
Home health care.:)

Ha Ha! I beat you too it Sally by 1 minute! haha

ger715 12-17-2011 08:56 PM

Debbie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie D (Post 833286)
I think my New Years resolution will be to not interrupt people so much and to really listen to what others are saying.

Now I am cold/hot, cold/hot...

Thank you for a Great New Year's resolution. I'll give it a try. I know my husband would really be thrilled.:;)

SallyC 12-17-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrik (Post 833319)
Ha Ha! I beat you too it Sally by 1 minute! haha

Am I following you?:D

tkrik 12-17-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 833322)
Am I following you?:D

Apparently so! Are you board stalking me?:D:D:D:D

tkrik 12-17-2011 09:06 PM

Ger715 - Jump in anytime. We're just goofing off. It's always nice to have some comic relief and we can get pretty silly in here sometimes. So join in.

doydie 12-17-2011 11:52 PM

I love my grand daughters, Pandora radio and my Nook

ewizabeth 12-18-2011 12:11 AM

Why are my favorite TV shows always pre-empted for wrestling? And why does one hard boiled egg peel so easily and the next one is so difficult? And that reminds me, I need to organize my desk on my day off.

tkrik 12-18-2011 12:54 AM

OMGoodness!!! I just remembered my random thought that I wanted to share. Phew! Ok here goes . . .

Do you ever get so overtired that you can't sleep? It's the weirdest feeling. I know I'm tired and need to sleep and yet I don't feel sleepy enough to get to sleep. That's how I was the other night. It was awful.

Blessings2You 12-18-2011 06:15 AM

Why is a fat chance the same as a slim chance? In fact, why is a slim chance slightly more likely than a fat chance? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

SallyC 12-18-2011 12:26 PM

Why is it, that I was up most of the night scratching because my dog has skin allergies.

tkrik 12-19-2011 10:05 AM

Why is it when someone mentions a song that's stuck in there head, it ends up stuck in my head? And, to make things worse, sometimes a certain song brings back memories of some not so good times. Those are the ones I hate the most when they get stuck in my head.

And, speaking of music and memories, it amazes me how music can bring you to a certain memory. Mostly good memories. And the good ones can just warm you and perk you up.

Debbie D 12-20-2011 04:46 PM

Why do we say the alarm went off, when in fact it went on?

ginnie 12-20-2011 05:35 PM

Hi tkrik

Yep, I get overly tired and can't sleep. It is awful, so I take an over the counter "sleepy time pill" it does help me to drift of to sleep. Others may have better ideas. ginnie

doydie 12-20-2011 10:50 PM

Why is it that when you scratch an itch, you just seem to be moving the itch to another place?

SallyC 12-20-2011 11:11 PM

Is there anything beyond eternity?

ginnie 12-21-2011 10:42 AM

Re: funny doydie

When I start to scratch an itch, I wind up scratching all over! It does move! ginnie

Debbie D 12-21-2011 11:41 AM

Why aren't there earplugs strong enough to keep DH's snoring out of my ears???:mad:

Kitty 12-21-2011 11:51 AM

Why does it always sound like the phone is ringing the minute I get into the shower? :mad:

ginnie 12-21-2011 12:35 PM

Hi Sally

From the sound of it, you have liked the help. Now you hope they stop the visits. That means you are getting stronger! Yeh Yippie! :yahoo::Trapeze 2::santa: Have a good week Sally, and enjoy the holidays. ginnie

tkrik 12-21-2011 03:39 PM

Kelly - How weird! That happens to me too! :confused: It also happens sometimes when I washing dishes. It must be something to do with the water and/or the pipes. I thought it was just me. So glad it happens to others as well. :p

ewizabeth 12-21-2011 03:49 PM

Why am I still tired after 10 hours of sleep but if I go to bed early my mind is wide awake?

tkrik 12-22-2011 10:43 AM

Why do I bother painting my nails when I know I'm going to be crafting and/or cleaning. They always get ruined. The pretty red colored nails are now speckled with paint and the polish is starting to come off. I am going to take it off and wait until DDs and I are done doing our Christmas crafts.

ginnie 12-22-2011 10:48 AM

thoughts

why do people selling stuff call just as you are sitting down to dinner? ginnie

Debbie D 12-22-2011 05:33 PM

Kitty, same here about the shower noise sounding like the phone...although DH ALWAYS calls as soon as I get in the shower...:p

tkrik 12-23-2011 11:33 AM

I spent the night at DD20s and it was weird because when I showered there I didn't hear the "phone" ring. :p

For whatever reason, I am always more sensitive during this time of year. I'm still at DD20s as we are working on Christmas gifts/projects. Late last night, I heard sirens and not just a one but several going by. It made me sad for the people that they were responding to and I said a little prayer for them. Most times of the year, I don't pay much attention to them.:o

SallyC 12-23-2011 12:04 PM

Why do we make the Christmas season so stressful for ourselves? We are our own worse enemy.:eek: