NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Memory (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/242931-memory.html)

mymorgy 12-13-2016 08:54 AM

Memory

i am having memory issues that i never had before the stroke.yesterday i was so embarrassed. I forgot if i gave one of the doorman his christmas money.
then the woman at the senior center who is partially in charge commented on my haircut. I said i had it cut two weeks ago. she said she has been on vacation for two weeks. Maria came and said she didn't bring the can. I didn't know what she was talking about. She reminded me and i remembered. then i forgot a common password.

bizi 12-13-2016 09:00 AM

This must be frustrating bobby.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

mymorgy 12-13-2016 09:07 AM

it is more scary

bizi 12-13-2016 09:48 AM

Are you still on topamax?

Dmom3005 12-13-2016 09:50 AM

Hopefully when you get off the Topamax these memory issues will
correct themselves. Topamax, sometimes causes these issues.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 12-13-2016 10:14 AM

I am getting off of topamax but topamax isn't causing this . I have been on topamax for years and this never occurred. It has only occurred after the stroke. it is brain damage

mymorgy 12-13-2016 10:40 AM

last week was the first time since the stroke i could raise my right leg and yesterday i could do it with a two pound weight. I am searching around the net for word game magazines. I don't know the name of them / I tried amazon but how i will just try google. I want my memory back. I just bought another alligator bag. my spending really out of control

Mari 12-13-2016 03:00 PM

Word search puzzles?

Printable Word Search Puzzles

Word Search Puzzles

mymorgy 12-13-2016 03:11 PM

thank you so much. I know they are going to be frustrating at first. I tried one at the senior center and it used to be easy. I got frustrated and stopped. will try again later

bizi 12-13-2016 10:29 PM

good luck with the puzzles bobby.
((((HUGS)))))
bizi

mymorgy 12-14-2016 08:02 AM

i am probably going to call my neurologist soon and see what she has to say. I had another slip of memory today . I think it could be getting worse. at least my motor skills are really improving. i look forward to p.t.

mymorgy 12-14-2016 08:39 AM

last night and this morning i tried to reach cecilia. the phone was constantly busy. this morning i rang her doorbell and told her her phone was broken.she called it with her other phone and it worked. I have the phones written down but didn;t think to look. I was dialing the wrong number. I just bought another alligator bag.great price. when is this going to stop

bizi 12-14-2016 09:56 AM

bobby, maybe you were having mishapps and were not catching them. maybe you are now more aware(better) and catching them now.?????
I am glad that you like PT.
Have a good day.
(((((HUGS and love ))))))
bizi

mymorgy 12-14-2016 01:19 PM

that many mishaps wen strokes cause this?

mymorgy 12-14-2016 07:54 PM

i am curious bizi. How can you explain the frequency now since they happen after the stroke and everybody except you i guess knows that strokes on the left side can cause memory problems? I have spelling issues too now. don't tell me I didn't notice those, I am now having anger and frustration issues

bizi 12-14-2016 08:53 PM

I am sorry bobby,
I was not very clear with what I said.
What I meant to say is that after the stroke you may have experienced these memory problems but now that you are getting better you are noticing them.
I know that strokes can cause memory issues.
Do you think you are more aware of it or you think that it is getting even worse?
Again I am sorry that I upset you....never do I mean to do that.
bizi

mymorgy 12-14-2016 10:07 PM

THANK YOU FOR CLARIFYING. i am scared because they seem to be happening more often.Like today I wasn't clear after the telephone mess how we were going where we were going.cecilia has a car. I spent time trying to figure it out and then finally realized that we always took a cab and she dropped me off. it is hard to explain. It is not like forgetting a word unless it is spelling but more having to do with an action or forgetting an action and not knowling often times i forgot it

mymorgy 12-15-2016 08:51 PM

i forgot to send an important letter certified receipt .now my generalized anxiety order has kicked in big time. Why can't I trust GOD/

OhKay 12-16-2016 06:16 AM

I'm glad that you are making some progress in PT that is a good thing :hug:

I'm soooo sorry that you are having memory problems right now Bobby. Memory lapses can be very scary things :hug::hug::hug:
Your instinct to think about the stroke and call your neurologist is right on the money. It is the most obvious reason for the cause…
These problems seem to have suddenly become more pronounced, so it's a good idea to put a call in to your neurologist soon in case something new may be happening.
There is also chance that things have gotten worse for another reason, such as an infection, and she will rule out that possibility too.

I'm sure your anxiety is up because you are rattled by the memory issues. Maybe that's why your spending has increased?

Mari had an excellent suggestion about the word searches. Crossword puzzles are helpful as well, but doing the "easy" variety would probably be less stressful. Reading, if you are able, is another way to help with memory.

Hanging in there Bobby, we're here for you :hug::hug::hug:

Much love,
Kay

mymorgy 12-16-2016 11:52 AM

thank you so much. I am so depressed and feel so alone. I know part of it is the holidays. I went back to full strength topamax today. it acts a little as a mood stabilizer. Now i am waiting to see if i get a housecleaner today. I have stuff on the floor and i don't feel like picking it up. I will see the neurologist in january..on wednesday i went backwards at p.t. I count on improving so much.
i think i a going to lie down. I didn't get out of bed until 10=wow
love
bobby

mymorgy 12-16-2016 12:35 PM

I called epic and told them i was bipolar and had generalized anxiety disorder and that they forgot to send the envelop for the check. would be all right to send them another check in case they didn't get it by dec 31. she said don't worry. they have a leeway and if they don't get it they will send me a reminder and then i can send it again. look out the window and relax
bobby

Mari 12-16-2016 11:29 PM

That's a relief.

I am glad that you made the phone call.

M

OhKay 12-17-2016 07:45 AM

Topamax is used off-label a mood stabilizer, tho they call it a "weak" one. It also is supposed to have some "antidepressant qualities." Lots of people take it as a mood stabilizer, but it works better for some people more than others. I take 200mg at night (along with all the other **** I take). I know it has definitely helped with my migraines.

I'm so happy that you are committed to your PT and that you are making advances. I hope that your neuro will recognize that. There's an outside chance that she can recommend some neuro rehab of some kind since you have demonstrated some physical improvements :hug::hug::hug:

I'm glad that the call went well with Epic. Sometimes I get worked up, and even though I wait to calm down I can't, so when I talk to someone on the phone I tell them I have an anxiety disorder so they don't get as angry or impatient with me.

mymorgy 12-18-2016 01:06 PM

i am always tired now "https://www.google.com/search?q=do+strokes+make+you+tired&rlz=1C1SKPL_enU S506US506&oq=do++strokes+make+you+tired&aqs=chrome ..69i57j0l3.13984j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8"

bizi 12-18-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1231481)
i am always tired now "https://www.google.com/search?q=do+strokes+make+you+tired&rlz=1C1SKPL_enU S506US506&oq=do++strokes+make+you+tired&aqs=chrome ..69i57j0l3.13984j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8"

What is this bobby?
bizi

mymorgy 12-18-2016 03:06 PM

is is a search on google to show how they say that after a stroke can be always tired and even if you rest a lot you till feel tired. I still can't read. I am dpoing a little of the puzzles. I can always eat and am continuing to gain weight. My depression has really come back full force. I can't distract myself. It hasallbeen too much.I am still on a buying spree.

Mari 12-18-2016 06:35 PM

Here is the link I think:

https://www.stroke.org.uk/sites/defa...ter_stroke.pdf

bizi 12-18-2016 10:02 PM

That was very informative.
thank you for posting this.
bizi

OhKay 12-19-2016 06:13 AM

That was a great article :hug:

mymorgy 12-19-2016 08:09 AM

SEEMS LIKE i am going to be tired for a while. thanks Mari
bobby

Dmom3005 12-19-2016 10:21 AM

Bobby
The colder it gets the sleepier I get. So I can totally relate, I've been
tired all weekend. And in my house. Because going out might
mean a fall.

Hope the Topamax starts to help.

Mari 12-20-2016 01:59 AM

'Sending good feel better vibes.

M

OhKay 12-20-2016 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmom3005 (Post 1231550)
Bobby
The colder it gets the sleepier I get. So I can totally relate, I've been
tired all weekend. And in my house. Because going out might
mean a fall.

Being cold makes me sleepy, too. And I can understand wanting to hole yourself up at home because you're afraid if you go out you will fall :hug::hug::hug:

OhKay 12-20-2016 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1231534)
SEEMS LIKE i am going to be tired for a while. thanks Mari
bobby

I'm so sorry Bobby :hug::hug::hug:

bizi 12-20-2016 09:47 AM

Be kind to yourself bobby and be patient too.
love you
bizi