NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Local Auditions for Gone with the Wind remake (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/42864-local-auditions-gone-wind-remake.html)

Twinkletoes 04-04-2008 10:39 PM

Local Auditions for Gone with the Wind remake

I was lying in bed last night staring at the inside of my eyelids, and thinking of all my board buds. I thought it would be interesting to see who we could cast as the characters in a new production of Gone With the Wind.

Lemmesee, there's

Scarlett O'Hara
Rhett Butler
Ashley Wilkes
Melanie Hamilton
Mammy

uhhh, who am I forgetting?

Anyway, auditions start NOW! Queue up and read your lines with feeling! Or you can nominate someone for consideration.

Or... pick a lead role, say Scarlett, and name your leading man. (I'll take Harrison Ford!)

tkrik 04-04-2008 11:14 PM

I'll try for Carreen, Scarlett's sister.

Twinkletoes 04-04-2008 11:17 PM

Huh? I thought her sisters were India and Sue Ellen? I don't remember Carreen. Why don't you read us her lines?

*switches spotlight in tkrik's eyes to test her nerve*

tkrik 04-04-2008 11:24 PM

Wait a minute? She had lines? :eek::confused:

I just googled Gone With The Wind characters and ended up on Wikipedia and saw this list of characters with brief descriptions and felt hers best described me.:o

Now I have to say her lines? LOL. *going to search for lines*

AfterMyNap 04-04-2008 11:45 PM

I think Taffy is a dead ringer for Prissy. She don't know nothin' 'bout birhin' babies.

Riverwild 04-04-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 251841)
I think Taffy is a dead ringer for Prissy. She don't know nothin' 'bout birhin' babies.

And we do??? I mean, we may have the MEDICAL knowledge but when it comes to open up and spit it out???

BACKS AWAY>>>>>>:eek:

( i allus sed det when dat man and i concepted,someone wuz gonna be wokkin' funneh and it wusn't gonna be me )

(he's 6'6" and I AM 6'2"...i ain't havin' it!!!)

JessieSue 04-04-2008 11:57 PM

Dangit Cindy, I was gonna go for that one! LOL Anyway, a couple other characters are Scarlett's Aunt Pitty, Belle Watley the Madame, Frank Kennedy who was courtin' Sue Ellen until Scarlett got her hooks into him.........(As Mammy would say, "It ain't fittin' it just ain't fittin'! It ain't fittin'.")

tkrik 04-05-2008 12:04 AM

I am now convinced I need to rent this movie and watch it again. Seriously, I have only seen it 2 times in my life.

I really need to see who these people are and what they are saying. LOL.

AfterMyNap 04-05-2008 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessieSue (Post 251847)
Dangit Cindy, I was gonna go for that one! LOL Anyway, a couple other characters are Scarlett's Aunt Pitty, Belle Watley the Madame, Frank Kennedy who was courtin' Sue Ellen until Scarlett got her hooks into him.........(As Mammy would say, "It ain't fittin' it just ain't fittin'! It ain't fittin'.")

Oh no! I had you pegged for the dewey-eyed Miss Melly!

MooseasaurusRex 04-05-2008 03:07 AM

I want Scarlett.

And I'll do it in drag.

(Just to bump up our opening week numbers.)

Or... something...

tkrik 04-05-2008 11:13 AM

Moose - that ought to be good. LOL. *getting out dusty sewing machine to make Moose his costume.*

SandyC 04-05-2008 11:28 AM

No, I want to be Scarlett! Back off Moose or "As God is my witness, I will bring Tara down on you!"

MooseasaurusRex 04-05-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 252093)
No, I want to be Scarlett! Back off Moose or "As God is my witness, I will bring Tara down on you!"

Frankly my dear Sandy, I don't give a durn.:D

Come on, beautiful! I played one of Cinderella's evil step sisters in high school drama. Wig, dress, and 5 o'clock shadow.

Anything for a laugh.:o

tkrik 04-05-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseasaurusRex (Post 252121)

Come on, beautiful! I played one of Cinderella's evil step sisters in high school drama. Wig, dress, and 5 o'clock shadow.

Um, Moose? Are you sure it was for a laugh? It seems you jumped at the chance to go drag again as Scarlett.:D

AfterMyNap 04-05-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrik (Post 252085)
Moose - that ought to be good. LOL. *getting out dusty sewing machine to make Moose his costume.*

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU SQUEEZE MOOSE INTO THAT FAMOUS 17.5" WAIST!!!!!!
:thud::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

http://www.fathom.com/course/21701726/img.1.jpg

tkrik 04-05-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 252134)
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU SQUEEZE MOOSE INTO THAT FAMOUS 17.5" WAIST!!!!!!
:thud::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

http://www.fathom.com/course/21701726/img.1.jpg

Oh, you're right. I better borrow DBF's welder.:D

SandyC 04-05-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseasaurusRex (Post 252121)

Now I didn't come here to talk senseless about me. I came because I was so miserable at the thought of you in trouble. Oh, I know I was mad at you the night you left me on the road to Tara, and I still haven't forgiven you for trying to wear my curtains. :mad: :p

MooseasaurusRex 04-05-2008 01:49 PM

And as God as my witness... I'll never go hungry again!

17.5" waist!!??:eek:

My shoes are bigger than that.:)

tkrik 04-05-2008 03:36 PM

Now Moose, hold still. If you hold still while I weld you won't get zapped. Here where this welding mask.

btw- I do love to weld as well as use DBF plasma cutter.:D

Taffy 04-05-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 251841)

True, true.... how did you know Nappy that Prissy is my favorite! (true)

DM should be Scarlett and Johnny of course, the leading man.:D

Moose, you can have the role of Pork: Great Gee-hossefat!

MooseasaurusRex 04-06-2008 01:27 AM

OK.

OKOKOKOK....

We could put together a "Rocky Horror Picture Show meets Gone With the Wind".

"Break With the Wind".
Or, "Gone Like a Fart in the Wind."

Frank N. Furter as Rhett Butler. OH! It'll be great.

And instead of the Civil War in the background we could do some price wars. Hotels, car dealerships, burger joints, you name it.

Dance puppets, dance!

Carolina 04-06-2008 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseasaurusRex (Post 251887)
I want Scarlett.

And I'll do it in drag.

(Just to bump up our opening week numbers.)

Or... something...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseasaurusRex (Post 252217)
And as God as my witness... I'll never go hungry again!

17.5" waist!!??:eek:

My shoes are bigger than that.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseasaurusRex (Post 252586)
OK.

OKOKOKOK....

We could put together a "Rocky Horror Picture Show meets Gone With the Wind".

"Break With the Wind".
Or, "Gone Like a Fart in the Wind."

Frank N. Furter as Rhett Butler. OH! It'll be great.

And instead of the Civil War in the background we could do some price wars. Hotels, car dealerships, burger joints, you name it.

Dance puppets, dance!

:Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post::You-Rock:

Friend2U 04-06-2008 08:14 AM

Good One!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 252189)
Now I didn't come here to talk senseless about me. I came because I was so miserable at the thought of you in trouble. Oh, I know I was mad at you the night you left me on the road to Tara, and I still haven't forgiven you for trying to wear my curtains. :mad: :p

:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::Good-Post: Nice one! Don't cha just LOVE that Carol Burnett! :wink: :ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:

JessieSue 04-06-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 251862)
Oh no! I had you pegged for the dewey-eyed Miss Melly!

Wow Cindy! I'm flattered for that! I thought Melly was way too sweet for me to portray. If Vivian Leigh were after my man she'd be face first in the pig pen with her petticoats over her head! LOL I'd love to be Melly though, even if she was a bit of a doormat. LOL:D

the Bird 04-06-2008 08:27 PM

I am SO glad they aren't doing a remake of Scaalet in Utah!!! :D Phew!

I think I would have to be one of the ex traaas in the mooovie!

Nite y'all!

FinLady 04-06-2008 09:27 PM

I'll be Melanie. :)

Twinkletoes 04-06-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinLady (Post 253136)
I'll be Melanie. :)

Hey, you can't just pick and choose: you gotta audition!!!

Lemme hear you read some Melanie lines. ;)

AfterMyNap 04-06-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessieSue (Post 252995)
Wow Cindy! I'm flattered for that! I thought Melly was way too sweet for me to portray. If Vivian Leigh were after my man she'd be face first in the pig pen with her petticoats over her head! LOL I'd love to be Melly though, even if she was a bit of a doormat. LOL:D

Oh I can't think about this now! I'll go crazy if I do! I'll think about it tomorrow.

doo doooo, doo doooooooooooooooooooooo,
doo doooo, doo doooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Doo doooooooooooooooooooo doo doo doo,
doo doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo doo doo.

DM 04-07-2008 07:24 AM

But, Rhett~~ Where shall I go, What shall I do? *whine~ whimper*

Oh fiddle dee dee.

FinLady 04-07-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 253142)
Hey, you can't just pick and choose: you gotta audition!!!

Lemme hear you read some Melanie lines. ;)

LOL, now I really have to rent that movie again. Couldn't find any online, LOL

the Bird 04-07-2008 10:49 AM

That's why you should be an extra Fin!!! LOL like me!!!

Twinkletoes 04-07-2008 03:49 PM

There are lots of lines from GWTW that stand out, but I think my favorite is when Scarlett is trying to steal her sister's fiance away (Frank Kennedy?) They are on a buggy and I love the way Mammy rolls her eyes at the deceit when Scarlett says to Frank:

"Oh, it's cold and I left my muff at home. Would you mind if I put my hand in your pocket?" :rolleyes:

Somehow I can see MooseasaurusRex as Frank, but can't quite decide on Scarlett. Suggestions?

SandyC 04-07-2008 04:57 PM

"Well I guess I've done murder. Well I won't think about this now. I'll go crazy if I do. I'll think about it tomorrow."

Attachment 2681

Teedehee, fiddle dee...I can do Scarlett, can't you see? :p

I always wanted to know what I'd look like without bangs. :D

Twinkletoes 04-07-2008 05:52 PM

That was really really good, Sandy! I think I've about made a decision, so wait for my call, okay?

*Hmmmm, can't decide if Sandy really wants to play Scarlett, or if she just wants to put her hand in Moose's jacket pocket.*

AfterMyNap 04-07-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 253713)
"Well I guess I've done murder. Well I won't think about this now. I'll go crazy if I do. I'll think about it tomorrow."

Attachment 2681

Teedehee, fiddle dee...I can do Scarlett, can't you see? :p

I always wanted to know what I'd look like without bangs. :D

LOL! My, what a cheesy smile you have, Scarlett!!!!

SandyC 04-07-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 253737)

*Hmmmm, can't decide if Sandy really wants to play Scarlett, or if she just wants to put her hand in Moose's jacket pocket.*

Hey now, I only have eyes for Rhett missy. Or was it Ashton? Oh never you mind, I'll figure it out someday! :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 253790)
LOL! My, what a cheesy smile you have, Scarlett!!!!

It is a rather large cheesy smile isn't it? http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...n04i0j45gk.gif

Vonn07 04-07-2008 08:19 PM

oh, Mizz Scarlett, I ne'er deliver'd any babies! I just can't, Mizz Scarlett!!

(can I be Prissy??? I played Percy (Miracle Worker) in 7th grade and one of the black kids in school came up to me afterwards to tell me that I played a real good colored boy ... it took a WHOLE bar of dial soap to get the charcoal off) ...

JessieSue 04-07-2008 09:21 PM

Okay okay, fine! I'll be the prostitute Belle Whatley. However I prefer to be called a business woman. Thank You.

AfterMyNap 04-07-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessieSue (Post 253904)
Okay okay, fine! I'll be the prostitute Belle Whatley. However I prefer to be called a business woman. Thank You.

Hey! You are going from pure-as-the-driven-snow Miss Melly over to the ill-reputed-shameful-dark-as-coal Belle Whatley? Have you no shame?

I think we might have our Scarlett right here, folks!:D

clouds z 04-07-2008 10:36 PM

i guess my great great grandfather was in the civil war on south side and even "owned" one or more slaves -i like to think they were kind to the slaves as jefferson davis was to his mr pemberton who saved his live