NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Brion L (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/833-brion.html)

vigdis 09-14-2006 05:48 PM

Brion L

Hi - I'm an old lurker & sometimes-poster from the OBT.

Has anyone any information on Brion L who used to post his updates in the original SFSS?

Chemar 09-14-2006 06:03 PM

Hi vigdis :) glad you decided to come out of lurkdom

nope I havent heard anything about Brion since BT1 went kaboom
hope someone has his email addy to maybe let him know about here

Judy? are you still around? do you know how to contact Brion?

vigdis 09-14-2006 06:23 PM

Thanks for responding Chemar:)

I hope Brion finds BT2 - will check back tomorrow (it's the middle of the night here in Norway).

Love your name!

moose53 09-14-2006 06:33 PM

Hi http://chocolate-moose.p5.org.uk/MINIS/friends2.gif

I just sent Brion an email telling him that we're looking for him.

I don't know if it's his current addy, but, I put return-receipt on it. We'll see what happens.

We lost track of a lot of people during the crash-and-burn, didn't we :(

Hopefully, if 10 people talk to 10 people, we can get this puppy up and running like a 'big boy' :D . I think it might be possible to recover some/all of the history from some of the tracking servers that are out there.

Once we get a new name and get settled...

Hugs to the House :D

Barb

Chemar 09-14-2006 08:20 PM

sure hope you hear from Brion, Barb :)

moose53 09-14-2006 09:37 PM

The email came back -- "unknown user".

I've been trying to see if I could find another addy for him -- no joy so far.

Wittesea 09-14-2006 10:26 PM

I just went to his website to see if there is a 'contact me' option or a listed email address, and I didn't see anything regarding an email or way to contact....

vigdis 09-15-2006 02:16 PM

Bump!

Checked Brion's website but it doesn't look to have been updated in some time.

Am worried - if anyone gets any information, please post.

Hopefully, someone will find their way here who has been more in touch with Brion.

SallysMom 09-16-2006 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 6100)
Hi vigdis :)

Judy? are you still around? do you know how to contact Brion?

I have been thinking about him also. We used to pray for him on Job's website but did not put a link to Brion's. The old Hug and Prayer Thread's on Brain Talk, (which we can't get too now) would have them.

There is a member named Julie, I believe JulieM? who used to update after he had surgery. Anyone heard from her?

Judy

Julie 09-18-2006 10:15 AM

Hi it's Julie here. So good to see you Judy! I have not heard from Brion in a long time. I've called a couple of times and left messages, including today and have not heard anything. I have also read at other websites that he regularly posts at that he is not around there either and they have not heard from him.

I will post if I hear from him today.

Julie

KathyM 09-18-2006 01:45 PM

Thanks Julie

I hope he's okay :(

Ponygirl 09-18-2006 01:59 PM

:eek:Yeah, I remember him, too! Haven't seen him, in, ages.
Hope, he's okay.

shotspine 09-19-2006 09:02 PM

This is worrisome if he isn't even available by phone. The last I remember was when he had the colectomy. I can't remember if he posted after the surgery, or not. He did mention that he needed to update his website cuz it hadn't been done for a long time. Last I checked, there was no update. Nancy was working as a nurse. Does anyone know where? How about his church?

Praying someone finds him alive and well!! If so, please post on SD and CP forums also. I know he posted on many more but don't remember all of them.

Brion Larson.........we miss you!

Doody 09-22-2006 10:02 AM

Brion's had a lot of hard challenges this year and he hasn't been posting at a couple of boards he frequented.

Before he posted last time at a board I go to, he had sent an email asking people to please not email him for awhile as he needed time to heal and recuperate. His wife had also been having a rough time in her battle with breast cancer and subsequent therapy for that.

Since that email and post I haven't heard anything either, and we got regular updates from him. The last update was in April. :(

I don't think he'd mind if I shared it, but you may already know about that update. It was on April 29. God, I hope this is okay. :( But as I recall, he was very good at keeping us all updated. Worries me that he hasn't updated. I just hope it's because both he and Nancy have miraculously become much healthier and are enjoying themselves.

Quote:

Dear friends,

After nearly a year of tests, a failed surgery and many stumped doctors, we have come to the only thing left to do, remove part of my colon. It seems radical, but I have no alternative. I can’t continue to live as I am. My colon, or at least part of it has stopped working for no apparent reason. I’m in continuous pain, can’t have bowel movements and everything “backs up” causing constant nausea, vomiting and bile reflux which is eroding my esophagus.

The surgery is scheduled for 12:30 Monday. There is a very slim chance that they will see the problem and be able to fix it. Otherwise, they will be removing about 60% of my colon starting on the right side and attaching the small intestine to what’s left. They tell me that after an adjustment period, I should do just fine with a much smaller colon. I will be in the hospital for 7-10 days and then not doing much for about a month after that.

Needless to say, I am not looking forward to yet another terrible surgery, but if it will give me back my life, (what was left of it) I simply must do it. Please add us to your prayers, that this surgery will be successful and that I will have the strength to get through it.

Please hold all “forward” emails for at least a couple of weeks. I will try to get an email out as soon as I am able.

Brion

Curious 09-22-2006 10:07 AM

thank you doody.

brion and his famliy very dear to us here. i'm sure they would appreciate the prayers and good thoughts of all.

((((doody)))

Chemar 09-22-2006 10:28 AM

thanks ((Doody))
if you should happen to have any contact with him, please give him and Nancy our love and let them know they remain always in our thoughts and prayers

Doody 09-22-2006 01:53 PM

You're welcome, but I am not in any more luck than you guys are with the updates. My mailbox at home has been empty since that post he made in April.

Julie 09-22-2006 02:36 PM

Talking to Brion on phone right now. Will update later!

Julie 09-22-2006 03:15 PM

Okay, I just got off the phone with him. I am ecstatic that he called. He has really had a difficult time recovering.

I gave him the link to here and hope to hear from him real soon.

Julie

Curious 09-22-2006 03:18 PM

((((brion))))

thanks for the update julie!

Chemar 09-22-2006 03:31 PM

oh what great news to know that you have spoken to Brion, Julie

I do hope he will pop in here if he gets a chance

(((Brion))) :) (((Nancy)))

Doody 09-22-2006 04:06 PM

Oh thank god, thank you Julie!!!!

I would imagine that recovering from that surgery is a very long ordeal, most especially for someone that already has multiple problems.

Thanks ((Julie)).

moose53 09-22-2006 04:27 PM

Thanks, ((((((Julie)))))).

We've lost track of a lot of people during The Great http://chocolate-moose.p5.org.uk/MINIS/crash-002.gif

Brion's got absolutely no idea how many people genuinely love and care about him and his family.

BIG HUGS -->> Brion+Nancy!!

Barb

vigdis 09-22-2006 05:42 PM

Julie - Hello

I am so pleased to hear that you have talked to Brion - what a relief.

Guess he'll make his way here when he feels up to it. Hope in some small way it makes him feel better to know that we are all thinking of him.

vigdis
(Brit - living in Norway)

shotspine 09-22-2006 08:08 PM

Thanks so much for letting us know you talked with Brion.:)

Huge gentle Hugs (((((((((((((((((((((((((Brion, Nancy and Family))))))))))))))))

He surely has lots of caring people surrounding them.

Looking forward to hearing from "The Man himself" soon.

Blessings!!!

slogo 09-22-2006 08:27 PM

I am so glad to get an update on Brion. He has been on the old forum for a long time and I miss hearing about him. I hope he will be able to come and say HELLO to everyone here. :)

FeelinGoofy 09-23-2006 12:32 PM

I'm so glad somebody has been in touch with him.... Many prayers are still going out for him and Nancy :)

KathyM 09-23-2006 03:53 PM

Thank you Julie.

Brion - Take the time you need to recover. We're sitting over here in the next room, sending good thoughts and prayers for healing. Give us a holler if you need anything or if you just want to chat.

cybil_who 09-23-2006 11:02 PM

(((brion)))

Alffe 09-26-2006 10:39 AM

Let me add to the love that's posted here Brion. Gentle hugs and just take one day at a time.

Doody 10-03-2006 08:18 AM

Brion emailed me at work. Nothing extensive at all. He's having a difficult recuperation.

Quote:

We're ok, I'll be sending out an update soon explaining. It's just taken so long to recover from that horrible surgery. Still not where I wish I could be.

Thanks for being concerned,

Love,
Brion
(((Brion & Nancy)))

Chemar 10-03-2006 09:30 AM

keeping prayers lifted for you and Nancy, Brion :)