NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   I need to vent... (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/215140-vent.html)

Russell 01-23-2015 09:11 AM

I need to vent...

I'M IN PAIN!
My pain level has been a 8 or 9 since earlier when I couldn't sleep.
Today's weather is going to be cold and rain maybe snow all day. My body can't handle this well.
I feel so bad for my dog because she wants to play which she enjoys. I wish she could understand but all she does is lay on her bed and pouts because I won't play.
Excuse my rant but I needed to...:grouphug:

St George 2013 01-23-2015 09:43 AM

Oh Russell :(

I'm right there with you ! It's raining in GA and I hurt all over. It woke me up at 4 am this morning and I heard the rain coming down.

My Angus wants to play too but I just can't do it right now.

Hoping you get some relief soon. :grouphug:

Debi in Georgia

Littlepaw 01-23-2015 10:59 AM

re: I need to vent

Hey Russ,

I think the cold is getting a lot of us. It's wet and frigid here in Austin too. Oh joy, a purple foot day! It sounds like you might have a non-fetching dog like I do. There have been many times I wished that girl would chase a ball and bring it back.

I am sending Healing Love and thoughts of warmth your way,
Littlepaw :grouphug:

Enna70 01-23-2015 11:39 AM

VENT VENT VENT....Pain sucks!

Russell 01-23-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepaw (Post 1119868)
Hey Russ,

I think the cold is getting a lot of us. It's wet and frigid here in Austin too. Oh joy, a purple foot day! It sounds like you might have a non-fetching dog like I do. There have been many times I wished that girl would chase a ball and bring it back.

I am sending Healing Love and thoughts of warmth your way,
Littlepaw :grouphug:

Thanx Paw,
My Ibiza does fetch. It's just one of the games she plays. Sometimes she doesn't give her roppie-guy up and I end up rolling in my chair chasing her around the house...lol
But sorry not today...:(

Russell 01-23-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St George 2013 (Post 1119858)
I'm right there with you ! It's raining in GA and I hurt all over. It woke me up at 4 am this morning and I heard the rain coming down.

My Angus wants to play too but I just can't do it right now.

Hoping you get some relief soon. :grouphug:

Debi in Georgia

Hey Debi,
Put a pic of Agnus on your profile page for me to see.........please!

Russell 01-23-2015 03:30 PM

W e l c o m e... E n n a

Littlepaw 01-23-2015 06:23 PM

Re: I need to vent

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell (Post 1119900)
Thanx Paw,
My Ibiza does fetch. It's just one of the games she plays. Sometimes she doesn't give her roppie-guy up and I end up rolling in my chair chasing her around the house...lol
But sorry not today...:(

Okay that did make me laugh....Thanks.

Better days are coming

St George 2013 01-24-2015 04:14 AM

Hey Russ :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell (Post 1119901)
Hey Debi,
Put a pic of Agnus on your profile page for me to see.........please!

I am not computer friendly....lol....but if I can get my daughter to stop for 2 seconds I will have her download a pic for me.....I also have a sweet old man named Charlie that weighs 9 lbs. Bless him he came to me already old and in need of a good family. I got him a week after losing my baby, Broozer who was 9 at the time. His death came 4 days after my 2nd chemo treatment so needless to say I was devastated. That was 2 years ago this past Jan 6th.

And crazy Angus (who now weights a grand total of 5 lbs) came to me via my husband and daughter last March when he was 4 months old. He has given me and old Charlie some much needed spunk ! He is such a lover and loves to snuggle but in a split second he can get so crazy and run around like a mad man :)

Hope you're feeling better today.

Debi from Georgia (they say the sun will be shining today)

Niki0313 01-24-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell (Post 1119856)
I'M IN PAIN!
Today's weather is going to be cold and rain maybe snow all day. My body can't handle this well.
I feel so bad for my dog because she wants to play which she enjoys. I wish she could understand but all she does is lay on her bed and pouts because I won't play.

Hello Russ! I'm new around.d here... First post actually! I have a 60lb dalmatian mix... She is a great dog.. there are times I just can't go play either! I have to go have physical therapy last week a.d it was bad - I'm still paying for it. I have to go again this week! They just don't understand the normal stuff doesn't alalways work for rsd people!!! I tried to tell her! Anyways!! I hope your pay is better today! I'm in Wisconsin and is has been a bit warmer than "normal" so it hasn't been too bad!
Niki

Russell 01-25-2015 10:00 AM

Hi Niki,
Welcome to the family!
I have a niece with your name. Spells it the same way too.
Be careful. A lot of physical therapist think they know about our condition but really don't. Lucky for me mine did. In fact he was the one to see my symptoms first and suggested the neurologist I'm still seeing.
My Ibiza is a 60 lb. blue merle collie who loves to play even now being 9 yrs.
I know she misses playtimes but I also feel that she understands when I'm not up to it.
Some days are better than others. Next week I'm going for a checkup and another increase of meds.
Stay in touch and hope you find relief...

Niki0313 01-25-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell (Post 1120150)
Hi Niki,
Welcome to the family!
I have a niece with your name. Spells it the same way too.
Be careful. A lot of physical therapist think they know about our condition but really don't. Lucky for me mine did. In fact he was the one to see my symptoms first and suggested the neurologist I'm still seeing.
My Ibiza is a 60 lb. blue merle collie who loves to play even now being 9 yrs.
I know she misses playtimes but I also feel that she understands when I'm not up to it.
Some days are better than others. Next week I'm going for a checkup and another increase of meds.
Stay in touch and hope you find relief...

Hello again Russ
I have never met someone that spells Niki like me! tell her hello! :)

I just moved to Wisconsin from Minnesota so I'm Trying to switch all my doctors over and I'm not having the greatest of luck to be honest! Everyone wants a referral. It isn't my Isurance either... It's the doctors. Go figure! I went to a neurologist... Explained my situation when I called made myself very clear what I needed... I get there.. they get comes in and says what do you want me to do? All I can help you with is your migraines! Ugh! So square one again! People here don't use a neurologist line I'm use to... They use a pain doctor! I've had bad luck with pain doctors! But what am I to do?!?! Oh boy! Who is the one venting now?!?!

I apologize!!!

I really hope your having a good weekend Russ!!!

Niki

Kitt 01-25-2015 01:55 PM

Welcome Niki0313. :Wave-Hello:

Russell 01-25-2015 02:01 PM

Hi Niki,
Just letting you know that you never need to apologize.
Ugh! Sounds like you're having a pretty rough time of it. I wish I could help.
Did you contact your doc back in MN? I don't know much about the ins and outs of WI being down here in NC. Different states have different laws concerning insurance which I find sucks and hard to get used to.
I sure hope you get things straightened out...

RSD ME 01-25-2015 03:55 PM

hope you're feeling better today Russell. sending soft hugs and caring thoughts your way.

Russell 01-28-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSD ME (Post 1120233)
hope you're feeling better today Russell. sending soft hugs and caring thoughts your way.

Thanks Me,
Today is better so far. Going to see doc later. So far so good!
I love getting soft hugs... :)

Littlepaw 01-28-2015 10:32 PM

Glad to hear you had a better day! Hope your visit went well too.

Take care,
Littlepaw

Russell 01-29-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepaw (Post 1120913)
Glad to hear you had a better day! Hope your visit went well too.

Take care,
Littlepaw

Hi LP,
My visit didn't go as well as I would've liked. I found out that my cerebellum is still shrinking, loss of motor skills are getting worse and my speech is very bad.
But on the upside my meds were uped to help out with my CRPS flare ups.
Thanks a bunch for your concern. I hope your day goes very well.
Be well and safe...:hug:

Littlepaw 01-29-2015 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=Russell;1120992]Hi LP,
My visit didn't go as well as I would've liked. I found out that my cerebellum is still shrinking, loss of motor skills are getting worse and my speech is very bad.

Poop! You still have your rugged good looks (avatar) and a big heart. So at least you have that goin' for you. I am having a stellar day finally. Started myofascial release last week, second session yesterday. Thanks to nortriptyline I can tolerate direct soft tissue work. It is not pleasant but I have a lot of dysfunctional scar tissue from my surgeries causing untold amounts of grief. Incisions are already a little softer and moving better. One of these days I'm gonna bust out of this joint...

Glad you're going to have less flare, that seems to help everything.
Sending hugs your way,
LP

Always_Believe 01-29-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niki0313 (Post 1120185)
Hello again Russ
I have never met someone that spells Niki like me! tell her hello! :)

I just moved to Wisconsin from Minnesota so I'm Trying to switch all my doctors over and I'm not having the greatest of luck to be honest! Everyone wants a referral. It isn't my Isurance either... It's the doctors. Go figure! I went to a neurologist... Explained my situation when I called made myself very clear what I needed... I get there.. they get comes in and says what do you want me to do? All I can help you with is your migraines! Ugh! So square one again! People here don't use a neurologist line I'm use to... They use a pain doctor! I've had bad luck with pain doctors! But what am I to do?!?! Oh boy! Who is the one venting now?!?!

I apologize!!!

I really hope your having a good weekend Russ!!!

Niki

Hi Niki, I'm new here too! Where in WI are you? I just moved to IL/WI border from TN, plus...my son say many excellent docs in Madison...anywhere near there??

Totally get the sorry furbaby, I can't play today...I was okay when I first woke up this morning (before getting out of bed) but as soon as I hit the floor, I knew it was going to be a bad day. Knee gave out as I was getting back in bed after a bathroom break...had to use crutches the rest of the day..argh

Russell 01-30-2015 10:51 AM

Hi LP,
I can't wait till tomorrow cause I get better looking every day....LOL

Jackie120 02-03-2015 08:22 PM

Vent

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell (Post 1119856)
I'M IN PAIN!

I am lucky because I have three rescue cats that do what cats do best- nap. When I'm having a bad day which has been a lot lately they will lay near me or with me on the couch. Sorry you are going through a rough patch. Hugs from snowy Michigan.

Always_Believe 02-06-2015 11:52 AM

(Didn't mean to hijack your post)
I'm sorry you are in pain. I am too with no pain management to help yet. I hope you med increase has been helpful....

Russell 02-07-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Always_Believe (Post 1122557)
(Didn't mean to hijack your post)
I'm sorry you are in pain. I am too with no pain management to help yet. I hope you med increase has been helpful....

So far so good!

Always_Believe 02-07-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell (Post 1122700)
So far so good!

:yahoo: Yay!!! Prayers for continued pain relief!