NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Wonder 280 (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/179569-wonder-280-a.html)

FeelinGoofy 11-11-2012 01:55 PM

Wonder 280

no wonder about the mixed emotions this weekend has brought.
Yesterday was my daughters 20th birthday. :Birthday: I am so proud of her. She has become an awesome young woman for sure.

I do wonder about people self appointing themselves to be judge and jury. the last of my dads 9 siblings passed away last night and some of the comments my cousins have made about "where he is" just sickens me.... I'll just leave it at that :mad:

I wonder when i'll get my postcards in the mail:eek: I have them i just haven't addressed them or wrote on them.... perhaps some time this week ;)

I wonder if i can leave a {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}} for our room and tell everybody YOU are my inspiration. :grouphug:

barbo 11-11-2012 02:49 PM

Feeling Goofy

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelinGoofy (Post 930589)
no wonder about the mixed emotions this weekend has brought.
Yesterday was my daughters 20th birthday. :Birthday: I am so proud of her. She has become an awesome young woman for sure.

I do wonder about people self appointing themselves to be judge and jury. the last of my dads 9 siblings passed away last night and some of the comments my cousins have made about "where he is" just sickens me.... I'll just leave it at that :mad:

I wonder when i'll get my postcards in the mail:eek: I have them i just haven't addressed them or wrote on them.... perhaps some time this week ;)

I wonder if i can leave a {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}} for our room and tell everybody YOU are my inspiration. :grouphug:

I have mine too but am not sure about the postage. Aren't postcards 32 cents?

Alffe 11-11-2012 06:39 PM

I also wonder about people who are so sure they know things they can't possibly know....:mad:

I wonder how glad I am that my daughter is safe in Indianapolis but one of their schools teachers and her husband were killed in the explosion. :(

I wonder why todays' memorial service felt nothing like a celebration of her life.....

I wonder if Goofy knows how much we appreciate her around here and she is the awesome one!...:grouphug:

Abbie 11-11-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbo (Post 930601)
I have mine too but am not sure about the postage. Aren't postcards 32 cents?

Yes, postcard stamps are now 32 cents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alffe (Post 930644)
I also wonder about people who are so sure they know things they can't possibly know....:mad:
I admit that I know absolutely nothing about most everything!!!

I wonder how glad I am that my daughter is safe in Indianapolis but one of their schools teachers and her husband were killed in the explosion. :(
I am just now hearing about this because I boycotted all news, I just couldn't take any more bad news this weekend. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of the teacher and her husband...:(

I wonder why todays' memorial service felt nothing like a celebration of her life..... I wonder with all of the "rules" today that we know so little of our teacher's lifes. Unlike when I was in school, I knew their kids, husbands, where they lived, what kind of car they drove, etc....

I wonder if Goofy knows how much we appreciate her around here and she is the awesome one!...:grouphug: Gotta love Goofy...she makes me smile!!!!

barbo 11-11-2012 08:55 PM

Abbie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbie (Post 930665)

Thanks! Going to the post office tomorrow!

Alffe 11-12-2012 05:12 AM

I wonder about yet another power outage in the night...

I wonder if it's the wind or the digging on Lilac Rd....:confused:

I wonder how/why they are working night and day, weekends also to complete this....whatever it is!

I wonder if they have any idea how blinding those lights are in the dark..when you come up over the hill to that intersection....

I wonder that the power interruption was so brief this time that Mr.Alffe has to go out and reset all the motion sensors...:mad:

I wonder if we'll ever get used to this time change...when you get up at 4:00 a.m and have breakfast at 5....by 10:00 you are ready for lunch!! :rolleyes:

I wonder how Cassie will look with her haircut today....and a bath!!!

I wonder if I can leave hugs for the room...got to go fix breakfast. :rolleyes:

Addy 11-13-2012 10:39 AM

I wonder if Abbie has a good idea there... not watching the news... honestly, its all such doom and gloom... and I think we know too much... but if we don't know enough... then will we be caught off-guard when something happens... and what could happen... :thud:

I wonder that I can watch "The Walking Dead" and although I've started putting my hand up so I can't see some of the explicit scenes... I can handle that better than the REAL news! :confused:

I wonder how pleased I was to read that (((ginnie)))) has the help of her son in her venture to sell her home and move!

I wonder how difficult it is to draw lines in the sand when it comes to listening to "friends" dis other "friends" (or family)... I wonder at the healthy energy it takes out of me to try and have them understand people really CAN change... but, first, you have to change yourself!

I wonder about folks we don't "see" here anymore... and hope that they are doing well.

I wonder at how much I enjoy my morning coffee! And I know exactly what you're talking about regarding that darn time change, Alffee! :hug:

FeelinGoofy 11-14-2012 09:01 AM

I wonder if i can apologize to my post card exchange buddies. Between the passing of my uncle and other stuff going on right now, i wont be sending out my cards this week :eek: We are leaving for Missouri today after i get out of class for the funeral, and wont be back till Friday. sending hugs out to my online family here...... :grouphug:

Abbie 11-14-2012 02:12 PM

I wonder if .... no, I should let my fellow posties know that I have not gotten my cards out. I have the stamps but can' t find my cards.

I wonder where did I place them?????

I wonder if I can thank Alffe for hers....loved it!! (my apologies for not thanking you sooner)

I'm going wander away and try to find my cards.
:hug:
Abbie

barbo 11-14-2012 05:37 PM

Abbie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbie (Post 931460)
I wonder if .... no, I should let my fellow posties know that I have not gotten my cards out. I have the stamps but can' t find my cards.

I wonder where did I place them?????

I wonder if I can thank Alffe for hers....loved it!! (my apologies for not thanking you sooner)

I'm going wander away and try to find my cards.
Abbie

I just got my stamps today - hope to write some tomorrow!

dnserror 11-16-2012 12:19 AM

wonder when things here will get back to "normal"...

wonder alot of things, just don't know..

wonder if i can leave hugs and props.. :hug::hug:

Koala77 11-16-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbie (Post 930665)

Or 3 bell stamps to Australia :)

Alffe 11-16-2012 05:17 AM

wonder what normal is.....

Koala77 11-16-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alffe (Post 932042)
wonder what normal is.....

Some-one once said that "normal" is a setting on the washing machine, but I think they were talking about people. :D

Oops.... I wonder if this koala has got off topic a little. :o

Wren 11-16-2012 07:46 AM

Normal is one of the things I wonder about all the time.
I wonder what "normal" is and how it works.
I wonder how you ever know what it is - how you get there.

dnserror 11-16-2012 08:04 AM

i'm an east coast person, so "normal" is currently being revised. :)

Alffe 11-16-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnserror (Post 932075)
i'm an east coast person, so "normal" is currently being revised. :)

:D :rolleyes: :confused:

Burntmarshmallow 11-16-2012 12:22 PM

BMW is caught up in life and is slow ... BMW has not gotten any out in her mail and off to all of yous yet but will very very soon.
lol must be an east coast thing or a florida thing :confused: ... normal what is that :rolleyes:?
:grouphug:
PEACE
BMW

Burntmarshmallow 11-16-2012 12:39 PM

i wonder that i posted on the wrong thread... wonder I meant to post on the post card thread .wonder I am sorry and wonder on hug and prayers to everyone. :grouphug:
PEACE
BMW

hsiw 11-18-2012 06:34 PM

I wonder if I can say "normal" isn't a word I use anymore. Everyone is unique, and therefore, normal is what is not abnormal. And if everyone is unique, then isn't everyone abnormal? :)

I wonder if I can say seriously, I prefer not to be normal.

I wonder if I am sure that is absolutely true.

I wonder if I can start with some thanks. I hate everyone on fb who says their thanks for the day but I really do think I need to be more thankful.

I wonder if anyone else here is thankful for music? My very good friend that is moving away next week made me a collection of his favorite cds and music really helps you feel understood, if that makes sense.

I wonder if I can say I am the most thankful for friends. You can't choose family but you sure can choose friends. ANd I am becoming even more better at doing so, the older I get.

I wonder if anyone else has a history of picking horrible friends? Of being taken advantage of because you are not assertive enough?

I wonder if you all know I have been studying introversion/extroversion lately.

I wonder how you all are doing, if you all are able to appreciate the positive side to depression and suicidal thoughts. I am trying to learn.

I wonder if you all know I was asked last night, would you see a mechanic with a broken car? I don't think I am broken.... but..... I have been. Don't you want to see someone who has had a broken car at one time or another? Or someone who fully understands, can empathize, has been there? This hurt. And still stings to think about. Because I don't fully know that answer. And I have been more broken of lately.

I wonder if you all know I am on school break. I have a week and a half to get my mind back to baseline. I have been running around and barely have had time to reflect on me.

I wonder what books you all are reading. I am reading a few this break.

I wonder what is going on in Alffe's life. I wonder about Lara. I wonder about scrabble. I wonder about Fury, Reyn, and those that don't visit SOS anymore. Kind of like me.

I wonder if they don't need to anymore. If they've moved on. Or if they fight in other ways.

I wonder what my purpose in life is and what I was meant to do here on Earth.

I wonder where lonely is. What was his fullname on here? I see my inbox messages to/from him have been deleted, I guess he moved on from SOS too.

I hope everyone here is okay.

Addy 11-18-2012 07:47 PM

I wonder that your post has absolutely worn me out within wondering, dear (((wish))) :hug:

And interesting to note, I wondered about Lonely1 in the other thread - the one about where is everyone... because I haven't seen any posts from him for a long time.

I wonder where is the proper place to bring up the loss of a forum member? At the risk of worrying someone by asking this... and perhaps risking breaking a forum rule - this is what I would post if there was a proper place to post this...
Quote:

although many of you haven't been to braintalk in a while, some of you may have read posts or interacted with one of our members named "Ponygirl" or "giggles". her name was phyllis and she was 45 yrs. old and had spina bifida. she passed away on october 2nd of this year. there is a link to a memorial page for her on braintalk, in the epilepsy forum in a thread started by mike weins. for those of you that knew her, i hope you will take a look.
I wonder.. if (((Phyllis))) :laptop: is at peace ... she lived a challenged life and frequented the chats/forums at both Braintalk and Neurotalk... I think she's "been around" as long as I have.... not sure.
I am grateful for the lessons she taught me. rip

I wonder if you all know, in your own way, each of you has taught me a lesson or two!! or five.... ok, maybe even six!! ;)

:grouphug:

FeelinGoofy 11-19-2012 02:11 PM

Thank you Addy for letting us know about Phyllis.... :hug:

Alffe 11-19-2012 04:16 PM

Oh I missed this! :( I wonder if there is a link to BT...I wonder if she found peace at last. :grouphug:

I found the page on BT...she will be missed by many.

Addy 11-19-2012 08:49 PM

I wonder if you could paste the link to Braintalk ... I couldn't find it... thanks, Alffee :hug:

Alffe 11-20-2012 06:42 AM

I wonder how that place has changed! But, change is good. :o

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...ry-of-Ponygirl

:(:(

http://www.brascofuneralhome.com/boo...ce-details.php

And now we have a face to put with all the memories.

FeelinGoofy 11-20-2012 09:42 AM

Like you i do hope she has finally found some peace. :hug:

jaded2nite 11-20-2012 11:31 AM

godspeed Ponygirl! I am in shock, we conversed many a night at braintalk ......on insomnia threads in spinal disorders.:(

Lara 11-23-2012 06:21 AM

Phyllis

I'm so very sad to hear of her passing.

I always worried so much about Phyllis and tried so much to comfort her on many occasions, however, I think once or twice I was a little hard on her. :(

I honestly didn't mean to be. I was just trying to help without really knowing or understanding her situation I guess.

The internet is bad for that. Words get misconstrued and don't come out with the softness that was meant when it's in black and white on a computer screen.

Thank you very much Addy for letting me know. Sad news indeed.

Lara 11-23-2012 08:07 AM

Wish

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsiw (Post 932755)
I wonder if I can say "normal" isn't a word I use anymore. Everyone is unique, and therefore, normal is what is not abnormal. And if everyone is unique, then isn't everyone abnormal? :)

Yes

Quote:

I wonder if I can say seriously, I prefer not to be normal.
Me too

Quote:

I wonder if anyone else here is thankful for music? My very good friend that is moving away next week made me a collection of his favorite cds and music really helps you feel understood, if that makes sense.
Makes sense. That is a special friend.
Music plays a large part in my life. As you get older it becomes a special sense in a way. Music can conjure up memories long forgotten.

Then again I hear music in nature too. I just wish I had more nature to hear music in. lol !

Quote:

I wonder if I can say I am the most thankful for friends. You can't choose family but you sure can choose friends. ANd I am becoming even more better at doing so, the older I get.
Oh yes. I totally relate to that.

Quote:

I wonder if anyone else has a history of picking horrible friends? Of being taken advantage of because you are not assertive enough?
Yes. I actually did a couple of assertive training courses because of this. I tend to be taken advantage of very easity. Not so much this past decade, but all the decades before that I was. I guess I just tend to look for the good things in people and don't necessarily notice their motives if they have them. I've been burned.

Quote:

I wonder if you all know I have been studying introversion/extroversion lately.
Jung? I vaguely remember you studying Jung some years back. You've probably moved on. ;) Me too. LOL for decades.

Quote:

I wonder if you all know I was asked last night, would you see a mechanic with a broken car? I don't think I am broken.... but..... I have been. Don't you want to see someone who has had a broken car at one time or another? Or someone who fully understands, can empathize, has been there? This hurt. And still stings to think about. Because I don't fully know that answer. And I have been more broken of lately

:hugs: :( You will heal wish. You will heal.

Quote:

I wonder if you all know I am on school break. I have a week and a half to get my mind back to baseline. I have been running around and barely have had time to reflect on me.
My daughter is the same. It's unreal with all the study and other daily life. Sometimes I think she just needs some quiet time. Not thinking. Peace. Some meditation. Yoga maybe. The sound of a bubbling brook sounds good. A real one. Not one on a cd or dvd.

Quote:

I wonder what books you all are reading. I am reading a few this break.
Today I read a couple of cookbooks but I'm still trying to finish "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac. It's been a long haul.

Quote:

I wonder what is going on in Alffe's life. I wonder about Lara. I wonder about scrabble. I wonder about Fury, Reyn, and those that don't visit SOS anymore. Kind of like me.
Me too.
Thanks wish. I'm plodding along one day at a time.
Always thinking. Always wondering.

Quote:

I wonder if they don't need to anymore. If they've moved on. Or if they fight in other ways.
I think there are many reasons why people don't post here anymore.

Quote:

I wonder what my purpose in life is and what I was meant to do here on Earth.
I think that's a massive question we've all asked ourselves. Just me, but I think we're here to learn how to care, and then we care and then we learn more about ourselves. (despite sometimes making bad choices and bad experiences along the way, sometimes forced upon us). That's about it for me in the simple terms. Compassion. I think that by caring for others and our world we will find the way. However, to be able to do that we need to be kind and caring of ourselves firstly. Heck, that can take time.

I truly believe that the death of my mother has made me the way I am today. I am a survivor, mentally strong, determined, strongwilled, self-reliant, and independent. I also keep most of my pain, anger and feelings inside. I refuse to be vulnerable to anyone, especially my husband. The only people who see that more emotional or softer side are my children. That too because of my mother.
― Hope Edelman, Motherless Daughters: The Legacy of Loss

for wish ~
5 Gifts of Being Highly Sensitive
From PsychCentral
By Therese J. Borchard
Associate Editor