NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Question (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/3462-question.html)

Alffe 10-11-2006 04:58 PM

Question

Am I supposed to be dieting to post on this forum? :o

LIZARD 10-11-2006 05:07 PM

Hey, Alffe. :)

I don't think you have to be involved in a weight loss program (sorry; I'm not "dieting" :p ) to "belong" here. :) Are you looking? Curious about any programs? Tell us how we can help. :)

LIZARD :)

Alffe 10-11-2006 05:11 PM

Well, I love the South Beach cereal but it's an awfully small box. In fact a person, out of control, could open it and empty it! :D

Jomar 10-11-2006 05:30 PM

The more the merrier I say -
I'm not on a "real" diet - just trying to keep motivated for making good food choices and making friends here.

PS - I really like the Northern Gold Granola with dried raspberries and blueberries

It makes an awesome snack and I used it to make muffins with too!
50/50 granola & flour then a bit of suger or honey, baking powder, salt- wisked those together then added 1egg, milk and some oil { any basic muffin recipe - just substitute the granola for half of the flour}
I just winged it and it was yummy!

bizi 10-11-2006 06:17 PM

YOu know alffe that you are welcome anywhere here!

Curious 10-11-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alffe (Post 23994)
Am I supposed to be dieting to post on this forum? :o

YES!! PUT THAT BEN & JERRY'S AWAY!!!:eek:

hehehe..nah alffe. we have talked about changing the name to a more of a healthy eating & exercise type.

everyone can post anywhere here. ain't it grand? :D

slogo 10-11-2006 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What the heck is a diet? Me on a diet...no way...unless it is a sea-food diet. Yes, you got it...I eat all the food I see. LOL

No Alfie, just come and have fun! The more the better. gaye:D

snoozie 10-11-2006 08:10 PM

Alffe, all are welcome here. We don't always just talk about dieting we talk about FOOD ha ha. Come join in. We don't bite...hard. Sue:D

Fancylady_2006 10-11-2006 08:34 PM

Welcome Alffe~

Alffe, we love you just the way you are. Keep posting. You can cheer us up. We can get down sometime, like this ole rainy day. You are a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. Welcome my friend anytime. That goes for anyone just wanting to talk.
Hugs,
Fancy:)

Alffe 10-11-2006 08:39 PM

What a fun bunch of people!!! :D

On a serious note, when I diet I am obcessed with food....I read cookbooks and cook copious quantities of food and freeze it. Today, cause it rainned all day I made three, yes, three strombolies and froze them.

Tomorrow I get to go have a momogram as my reward. :o

Now Fancy...you didn't answer my question. You said it was a beautiful day in Western IN......it just poured up here in Northern IN and the S word is in the forecast.

nancy-h 10-12-2006 11:48 AM

The "S" word is being talked about here too

"SUNNY"????? OH, you mean SNOW! Yuck - it is too early for snow. We rarely get snow. It is very weird putting out Christmas decorations when the grass is green. The last couple of days have been perfect golf weather and the golfers were here to show it. Somedays, when I'm feeling punk, I just lie in bed and watch the golfers go by. You can always watch whatyou can't do, right?

Wow, it's nice to see so many nice people posting today. My greetings to you all.

Lizard, I have toads that come on my patio at night and scare my 10 lb. watchdog. Can you come and eat them??? Wonder how many calories are in a toad. Maybe I could cook them in a soup like the wonderful Turtle Soup made at Commander's Palace. Is the Commanders Palace in New Orleans still open or did it die in Katrina??? We go to the one in Vegas.

Well, hope the while stuff stays a way a little longer for everyone in Indiana. Everyone - have a great day. I have to go to the damn doctor again for bladder issues.

Later all ~
Nancy

snoozie 10-12-2006 12:50 PM

Talking about Christmas decorations and snow, I took a pic of hubby hanging lights on the house wearing shorts, tank top and sunglasses last year. I sent it to my sisters in Wisconsin...they didn't think it was funny :D :D We turned our yard into the xeriscape which really is a fancy way of saying "rock yard" and I still don't think its normal to put a lighted up raindeer in the middle of the rocks and call it Christmas. I want just a little snow now and then...Sue

Alffe 10-12-2006 02:03 PM

Yep, I mean snow. Not a lot, just enough that you had to scrape your windshield off if you don't have a garage. It's not even Halloween and I am not ready to think about snowtires! And it's cold...windy and cold! Glad I'm going south next week.

Tell us about the dam doctor Nancy. *grin