NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Books, Movies, Music and TV Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/)
-   -   Movies: Good Movies at the Theater? (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/49325-movies-theater.html)

daniella 07-05-2008 08:10 AM

Good Movies at the Theater?

I am trying to push myself out and want to got to the theater one day soon. Anyone seen any good movies there? I want to see Mama Mia when it comes on the 18th.

watsonsh 07-05-2008 10:12 AM

Loved sex and the city

Wall-e is awesome

I loved hancock but reviews are not kind

Iron is very good. Amazing performance by Robert Downey Jr

Indy jones is a little far fetched but entertaining

Can't wait for momma MIA

tovaxin_lab_rat 07-05-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelley (Post 316206)
Loved sex and the city

Wall-e is awesome

I loved hancock but reviews are not kind

Iron is very good. Amazing performance by Robert Downey Jr

Indy jones is a little far fetched but entertaining

Can't wait for momma MIA

I agree. We went to see Wall-E yesterday and the four of us, all adults, were laughing out loud! It was, as usual, a great Pixar movie!!! I highly recommend going to see this movie!!!

daniella 07-05-2008 01:02 PM

Wow you like movies. I am going to look up that Wall-E. I have rented a few movies I like About a Boy and Juno both cute and light hearted but thought going to the theater may be nice. I too can't wait for Mama Mia. I wish the play was coming here cause I love musicals. Thanks.

watsonsh 07-05-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniella (Post 316321)
Wow you like movies. I am going to look up that Wall-E. I have rented a few movies I like About a Boy and Juno both cute and light hearted but thought going to the theater may be nice. I too can't wait for Mama Mia. I wish the play was coming here cause I love musicals. Thanks.

I do like movies and the smell of popcorn....mmmmmm and raisinets

But its also a big thing here in LA and an occupational thing for me cuz I work in the business

But each time I go I marvel and what a group of people can truly produce and all that goes into getting it to the theater so I always stay to see all the credits as a thankyou to everyone involved

Mamma MIA should be good I saw the play several times

I totally think you should go to the theater and enjoy

I even love to go by myself if no one wants to go

tovaxin_lab_rat 07-06-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelley (Post 316545)
I do like movies and the smell of popcorn....mmmmmm and raisinets

But its also a big thing here in LA and an occupational thing for me cuz I work in the business

But each time I go I marvel and what a group of people can truly produce and all that goes into getting it to the theater so I always stay to see all the credits as a thankyou to everyone involved

Mamma MIA should be good I saw the play several times

I totally think you should go to the theater and enjoy

I even love to go by myself if no one wants to go

I will go to the movies with YOU anytime Shelley! I would even go to a play with you....wanna go to NY? Packed yet?

Alffe 07-06-2008 03:37 PM

Oh go see South Pacific or Gypsy and then have Patsy's Pizza! :D

daniella 07-06-2008 05:01 PM

Wait swing by and get me for New York. If I ever get well I want to go there again. I used to live in NJ and my friends dad got amazing tickets for shows. I just came from Ca but never went to a movie there. Too busy with constant apts. What do you do Shelly? I am going to go this week to the movie theater. I was going today but went to Dairy Queen instead and I missed the time. Thanks guys

watsonsh 07-07-2008 09:45 PM

FG...lets go...can I get the friends and family plane discount. Otherwise I can't keep up with you.

Mmmmmm Patsy's Pizza...FG and Daniella lets go for some Patsy's

Daniella we'll pick you up on the way but only if you get us some Dairy Queen too. Sprinkles on mine please.

Daniella to answer your question I run a studio account for an ad agency. Best way to describe is anytime you see a tv ad for a movie, someone like me put it there and negotiated the price and analyzed what movies appeal to the viewers of each show. :)

tovaxin_lab_rat 07-07-2008 10:43 PM

I don't get family and friends airline discounts anymore. In fact, I buy tickets most of the time for long haul flights cuz standby isn't worth it cuz the seats are full most of the time!!

daniella 07-08-2008 11:43 AM

Interesting Shelly that job sounds fun.
AV8 are you a flight attendent? My dad lives in Idaho. In Boise.

SKS60 07-11-2008 01:37 AM

Mama Mia

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniella (Post 316128)
I am trying to push myself out and want to got to the theater one day soon. Anyone seen any good movies there? I want to see Mama Mia when it comes on the 18th.

I saw Mama Mia (musical) in Chicago last year. I loved the music/acting
Laughed, cried and took it all in. I am afraid that after seeing that, I will not like the screen version. What may see it any way.
I just saw Iron Man and Hulk. Iron Man was great and Hulk was pretty good. Its great to see our comic books coming to the screen and letting our kids a chance to see what we grew up with. Hope they will continue to make these movies.

sharon

tovaxin_lab_rat 07-13-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniella (Post 318639)
Interesting Shelly that job sounds fun.
AV8 are you a flight attendent? My dad lives in Idaho. In Boise.

I used to be a flight attendant many years ago but my husband is a retired airline pilot. Do you visit your dad? We live just outside Boise in Eagle. If you get out this way, let me know, maybe we can meet!!! Go to a movie!!

We own an airplane and fly back country now. ;)

watsonsh 07-13-2008 10:51 AM

Just saw Iron Man last night. Agree with SKS60 it was great!

daniella 07-14-2008 06:38 PM

AV8 thanks. I have never been to Idaho. You know I think my dad used to live in Eagle that mailing address sounds familiar. I would love to meet oneday if I visit him. I am hoping to be able to soon.

MooseasaurusRex 07-15-2008 11:07 PM

Wanted to see Kung Fu Panda with the boys. But we would have to wait too long for it to start. Saw Journey To The Center Of The Earth 3D instead. (Never read the book or saw Pat Boone's version).

UGH! Two thumbs down.
The only thing going for it was the 3D stuff. And even those effects were far and few. But the boys (6 and 5) seemed to enjoy it, and of course we got to keep the glasses.:o

RoundHere 07-16-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniella (Post 316321)

Daniella, Juno and About a Boy are two of my very favorite movies!!!

JD 08-07-2008 11:51 PM

Mamma Mia is great! If you are of the age that lived the 70s, you will catch and enjoy every nuance of the film! I have already seen it 3 times.

Someone else in the theater had seen it 4 times, and she had also seen the broadway play. Says the film is a little cheesier, but hey, she's seen it 4x now.. LOL

I can't wait to be able to buy it (I have only bought 5 total.) I have the music on CD in the car all the time.

My 88 year old mother enjoyed it, and I've seen young (musically inclined) people also enjoy it. BUT I really think only those of us who truly were involved in the late 60s and 70s will catch it all. I still see new things each time.

daniella 08-08-2008 06:52 AM

I am looking forward to seeing Mama Mia. My mom and I are going. She saw the play and loved it. I love plays. I am a little younger but I love musical things so I think I will like it. Most plays I love even if there not the best. I would love to be able to sing and dance. It is quite a gift.
I was thinking may be to see swing vote too but it got bad reviews. I moved and there is a huge movie theater like a mile away.
Roundhere I really like care free no think movies. I want to rent Definetly Maybe. I am not sure if that is on the same lines. Oh this is a movie from way back but I have seen it so many times. As good as it gets.

greta 08-08-2008 06:56 AM

DH and I saw Mama Mia over the weekend. We loved it! I teased him about wanting to see a chick flick, but he loves Abba and the occasional musical. It was just such a happy, sweet film. I'd definitely see it again. Excellent pick me up!

FaithS 08-08-2008 10:14 AM

Saw Mamma Mia. Grew up in the 70's. Loved the music. Thought the plot was a little lame, but it was worth seeing.

Would have liked to see Sex in the City, but it didn't stay in our small theatre long, and I didn't want to drive. Will rent it when it comes out on video. My DH thinks Sex in the City is "disgusting", but he's never watched any of the episodes on TV. He didn't even know that some of the characters were (sometimes) married. Just assumes it over-emphasizes promiscuity.

My take on it, is that most of the characters really do want a meaningful relationship, and that's what they are searching for. They are just having trouble finding it, and often going about it in the wrong ways. I also like the emphasis on the female friendships -- how they are there for each other.

~ Faith