NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Children's Health (https://www.neurotalk.org/children-s-health/)
-   -   "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin Reportedly Killed (https://www.neurotalk.org/children-s-health/430-crocodile-hunter-steve-irwin-reportedly-killed.html)

GinaMarie 09-04-2006 12:19 AM

"Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin Reportedly Killed

http://cbs13.com/topstories/topstori...247005613.html

Sep 3, 2006 9:54 pm US/Pacific

'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin Reportedly Killed
(AP) BRISBANE, Australia Steve Irwin, the Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the Crocodile Hunter, was killed Monday by a stingray barb during a diving expedition, Australian media reported. He was 44.

The accident happened while Irwin was filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef in northeastern Queensland state, Sydney's The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on its Web site.

The paper and other Australian media reporting the death cited police or state government sources.

Telephone calls to Australia Zoo, Irwin's zoo in southern Queensland, were not immediately answered

moose53 09-04-2006 12:33 AM

OMG, I just heard about that on another forum.

He was so young. And his wife and kids are so young.

I always thought that he was pretty reckless; but, this sounds like a sheer accident.

WOW!! What a horrible thing to happen :(

I'll definitely say a prayer for his soul and for his family and friends.

Barbara http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...sad-candle.gif

CPchick 09-04-2006 11:14 PM

This has been on every forum I post on. Rest in peace, you were awesome Steve

Kellybethinca 09-05-2006 11:29 AM

Speaking of which, has anyone found Paul? I've been thinking of him since he is Australian... I hear the country is just devastated about Steve Irwin's death. I haven't seen Paul at the new forum!

Busymommie 09-05-2006 11:45 AM

After the shock subsided about Erwin's death that was the exact thought I had- Where's Paul?

Mother's Heart 09-05-2006 11:48 AM

I've sent out an e-mail to Paul but haven't heard back yet. I don't even know if my address was a current one. probably not. We miss you Paul and crew.

GinaMarie 09-05-2006 02:49 PM

I emailed him also I think. I've emailed him before at the email addy I have so I know I've had the right email. I havent heard from him since the Champ's birthday.

We miss you Paul, Champ, Allison!!!

GM

wheeliebird 09-06-2006 09:02 PM

This was such a tragady!!! :( Prayers going out to all who loved and admired him! After hearing of this I thought of Paul right away! I too heard from Paul around the Champ's birthday, after that, nothing! Paul I Pray you make your way back here and everything is alright with you, Alison, and the Champ, we miss ya!

Robin

Tracy Sheppard 09-06-2006 10:26 PM

It was such a tragedy to hear of Steve Irwin's death. Prayers to his family.

I spoke with Paul the other day via e-mail. They are all doing great and he is keeping busy. I don't want to release the details, I will wait til braintalk is back up and he posts all the new things in his life. They are all doing wonderfully and he misses everyone from CN......

Tracy

wheeliebird 09-07-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy Sheppard (Post 3685)
It was such a tragedy to hear of Steve Irwin's death. Prayers to his family.

I spoke with Paul the other day via e-mail. They are all doing great and he is keeping busy. I don't want to release the details, I will wait til braintalk is back up and he posts all the new things in his life. They are all doing wonderfully and he misses everyone from CN......

Tracy

Tracy, Does Paul have the link to this site, do you know?? :)

Paul from Australia 09-10-2006 05:24 AM

G'day everyone. We are all stunned with Steve's death.

G'day from Australia.

First off, thank you for the invite to come back.

I will post the champ's news in another thread shortly.

Everyone in Australia is stunned at Steve's death. His name and identity was a household word here. Everyone new him and admired him.

He was not only a fantastic TV personality and advocate for Australia and Australian animals, but he was also a wonderful dad, very loving husband and a very generous person who gave most of his money to various organisations.

We have had some wonderful documentaries shown about him recently.

The Prime Minister of Australia offered the family a full blown state funeral but the family have declined saying that Steve would not have wanted that. Instead there will be a private funeral for family and close friends.

However in a week or so there will be a public memorial service, which will have to be held at a major venue because thousands will attend.

Steve's daughter who is about seven follows very much in her father's footsteps. She is apparently about to start her own TV show and will certainly continue in her father's tradition. She is fearless of wild reptiles etc :)

Well I must go. I will post the champ's information probably tomorrow night.

Don't forget to give all your children the 'down under' hugs coming from all of us to all of you :)

seeya,

Paul, Alison and the one and only champ.

RathyKay 09-10-2006 01:13 PM

Paul! Welcome "back!" I didn't have your info to contact about this site. Good to see you!

Speaking of missing folks, anyone know about the Atlanta folks? Chris? Zoe's mom (can't remember her name:o)? Hopefully, the original BT will be up and running any time now and it won't matter.

mrsD 09-10-2006 05:06 PM

how sad, unfortunate!

I have been away for 8 weeks- away from electricity/TV/Computers...and saw this post
today.

I returned to civilization late last night. I heard bits about this tragedy, on local radio, but the snippets were very brief. I thought about him alot ...how unique he was, how energetic. I love animals too, and watched him frequently.

I picked up People magazine at the grocery today...and it has Steve on the cover, and a very good article. I am very saddened about the whole thing, the freak accident. What a loss for animals around the world, Steve's family, esp the children, and for Australia!

But I see Paul is back, so on this thread that is a positive note.

I found this thread on "new posts"...so I just had to peek in and share my grief also.

mrsD

Beck 09-10-2006 05:41 PM

Since the main page showing people where the Chatroom is, is gone. I suspect BT is dead.

We have BT2, John may be thinking, "Why bother."

It doesn't take THIS LONG to get software back up and running. There is something else going on. I say we cut our losses and run. BT is dead.

Mother's Heart 09-11-2006 07:30 AM

Oooor...maybe the page is gone because he is in the process of wiping the drive and reinstalling the software. Remember he didn't expect to receive the software until this week and he DOES have a high-demand 'day job'. Give him a little time...or at least don't jump to conclusions until we know. I. for one. will run lickety split back to the new original braintalk when it resurfaces. I'm watching for an announcement.

Mother's Heart 09-11-2006 07:36 AM

The Flashchat rooms are there. I'm the only one in them :D but they ARE there this morning.

Kamie 09-11-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RathyKay (Post 4605)
Paul! Welcome "back!" I didn't have your info to contact about this site. Good to see you!

Speaking of missing folks, anyone know about the Atlanta folks? Chris? Zoe's mom (can't remember her name:o)? Hopefully, the original BT will be up and running any time now and it won't matter.

I (Zoe's Mom) :) finally found this place. :) I will post an update on the rollcall.

langansmom 09-11-2006 05:41 PM

I, too, was thinking of Paul when I heard this tragedy. So glad to see him here!! I last heard from him on Langan's/Champ's birthday so I am relieved to see that he is well. Can't wait for the Champ update!

I don't think Jon Lester would dump us like that. I have faith that our old home will be back, but I am so glad to have this one in the meantime! I've missed you guys way too much!!

wheeliebird 09-11-2006 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul from Australia (Post 4505)
G'day from Australia.

Everyone in Australia is stunned at Steve's death. His name and identity was a household word here. Everyone new him and admired him.

He was not only a fantastic TV personality and advocate for Australia and Australian animals, but he was also a wonderful dad, very loving husband and a very generous person who gave most of his money to various organisations.

The Prime Minister of Australia offered the family a full blown state funeral but the family have declined saying that Steve would not have wanted that. Instead there will be a private funeral for family and close friends.

However in a week or so there will be a public memorial service, which will have to be held at a major venue because thousands will attend.

Steve's daughter who is about seven follows very much in her father's footsteps. She is apparently about to start her own TV show and will certainly continue in her father's tradition. She is fearless of wild reptiles etc :)

Don't forget to give all your children the 'down under' hugs coming from all of us to all of you :)

seeya,

Paul, Welcome back, we missed you! :) Can't wait to hear all the news of you and the Champ!!! :)

{{{HUGS}}}

Robin

Mother's Heart 09-23-2006 11:47 AM

Paula, Paul posted this message on the thread about Steve Irwin back several pages

this was way back on the first or second page

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul from Australia (Post 4505)
G'day from Australia.

seeya,