NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Five facts about you (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/82981-five.html)

AfterMyNap 04-01-2009 08:38 AM

Five facts about you

Give us five true things that are unique to who you are in this world.

Here are five from me:

1) I once taught bowling lessons, my own average was +/- 80.

2) My random acts of kindness include collecting business reply envelopes from all junk mail. I give them to my neighbors' kids to send pretty pictures back to the generous companies.

3) My parents had six children; in my earliest discoveries regarding sex, I believed that my parents had only had sex exactly six times.

4) It is a bizarre fact that I have been personally acquainted with three different, totally unrelated people, all of whom have been convicted of murder charges.

5) The best book I've ever read is War and Peace (Maude translation), I truly loved it.

Dejibo 04-01-2009 09:11 AM

Unique to me huh?

1. I am a full blood cherokee, with light brown hair, and blue eyes. I guess someone jumped the fence somewhere in history.

2. After a double mastectomy I refused to reconstruct, even though I was forced to see a pysch md to question why i would want to be "less of a woman." its been 16 years and I have never regretted not following everyone else into implant land.

3. I was raised by a father that was always out to sea with the navy, and a mother who had polio growing up. She has some brain damage from the polio, and has never been able to lead a stable life. it was one bizarre choice after another. From putting contact paper on all of the counter tops and appliances to make them look better, to painting the bathtubs to make them look cleaner. Also perceiving that men are always hitting on her made grocery shopping a nightmare. I was always ashamed as a kid, but as a grown up, my heart is always broken for a mom that cant be fixed.

4. I love reading, but ON has fixed it so that I am not able to enjoy books anymore. I have discovered MP3 books. I have been accepted to the blind library, and the free books on MP3 are awesome!

5. maybe not unique to me, but I am quite frugal with money. My money feels much better in MY pocket than theirs. I will shop like its a profession. I get the best deal on the best products, and will follow up with price matches to keep the discounts rolling long after the purchase. I frequently pay less than half price for items. its all in how you work the deal. I am one of those that walks out of the grocery store with $200 in food, and only pay $8. Woo!

kicker 04-01-2009 09:23 AM

1. I have never read War and Peace. My favorite book is The English Patient but the 3 hour movie made my butt fall asleep.

2. My parents only had sex 4 times. (3 siblings)

4. My "the worst" bowling team got a cash award for being the worst in league. This did not encourage us at all to improve any and lose reward next time.

5. I like to scream as if being killed as I ask the tele-marketing person to wait as I answer the door. This is a kindness, it adds an interesting event to their job.

kicker 04-01-2009 09:28 AM

I left out number three.

3. I know no murderers, I think, but lots of married ex-nuns.

karousel 04-01-2009 09:55 AM

1. I am half Sicilian and half Italian - you think you have problems? :D

2. I dedicated a year of my life caring for my fiance in the hospital who ended up dying. I now live down the street from and will be in a Bunco group with my deceased fiance's mother. :(

3. I give birth to a child that is half angel/half devil. :eek:

4. My favorite author is Stephen King. I have a goal in life to either go to his home on Halloween and trick or treating or having dinner with him. :rolleyes:

5. I sleep with a Build-A-Bear named Curly Sue every night. :p

Becca44 04-01-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 489552)
Give us five true things that are unique to who you are in this world

Great answers! I'm inspired!

1. I've begun reading The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky at least 5 separate times and have not been able to get beyond page 60.

2. I read and write backwards in long hand legibly and quickly

3. I sometimes 'ghost write' letters and notes for a friend who likes the way I organize her thoughts into words.

4. my bowling average is a whopping 103 and yet I'm competing in a state bowling trournament in May (???)

5. I don't know any murderers but I do know a few rock stars.

soxmom 04-01-2009 10:57 AM

hmmmmmmmmmm

1~I was a serious figure skater in my youth...I taught professionally
from age 17-20. If you could see me now, its hard to believe I used to
float gracefully across the ice:eek:

2~ During my late teens, early twenties, I was a punk rock party animal(I
even had the hair:eek:) , Its hard for people to believe it when they see me
crafting with 5 year olds. lol

3~I can be veeeeeeeerrry sarcastic, which I definately have toned down
the last five or so years. Im still working on it.:o

4~ I really enjoy where I live, I love my neighbors and I love being a
good neighbor...We have lost three oldtimers in our neighborhood in
the last few years.:( Mrs. L. still lives next door and I so enjoy the stories
of all the homes and people and history...I find it fascinating. :)

5~ family and friends are the most treasured things in my life.:D Baseball
is a close second(just kidding).:o

Twinkletoes 04-01-2009 11:00 AM

Great thread, Cindy!

1. I've never read War or Peace. :p I just don't spend that much time in the bathroom. :D But I am reading a biography of Ronald Reagan at the moment.

2. I once bowled a 600+ series in a bowling tournament; but last time I tried, I didn't even get 100. :o

3. I drive too fast most of the time, even when I'm not going to be late.

4. There have been 4 murders commited within 1 block of my house. :eek: We just moved away from there, but never locked our doors while we were gone for the day. In 34 years we never had anything stolen.

5. I've met over 2 dozen board members (some from MSWorld) at various get-togethers across the country over the past 1.5 years. :)

Earl 04-01-2009 11:28 AM

I'll play....

1) I have OCD. There are times I check my email many times an hour hoping for a good email. I can't sleep if anything is out of place in my home

2) I broke David Lee Roth's nose in the Kempo Karate Nationals tournament in 1986 to win nationals.

3) I am totally addicted to TV and my DVR

4) I kant spell well at all.

5) I got to ride in the Oscar Meyer Wiener mobile last week, totally cool.

SallyC 04-01-2009 11:34 AM

My Mom and Dad divorced when I was 12, but they were good parents....married young and just a little immature and hateful to each other.

In my early 20s, I had perfect Measurements 36/24/36. The sand has since shifted and exploded.

I didn't date much in HS (went to an all girls Catholic school) but made up for it, after school....and then some.

I didn't want to get married untill I was 30...Met the right person and married at 29 and had a baby at 30. I never regretted it ( well, maybe a little)

I am now 69 yrs young have had MS since i was 24 and still going....like a coot version of the energizer bunny.

:hug:

TXBatman 04-01-2009 05:32 PM

1. I grew up a few miles from the place with the largest 24 hr rainfall ever recorded in the US (39" in 24 hrs near Alvin, Texas). I was 9 when it happened and had a blast playing in the flood waters...the tetanus shot the next week only hurt a little.

2. I married the girl I sat next to in my very first college class. It only took me about 4 years to start dating her after we met.

3. I got dxed with MS on the day I turned in my final funds raised for an MS 150 ride. I walked into the doctors office with a radiologist's report saying nothing had changed...and walked out with MS...because something had.

4. My wedding ceremony was performed by a Bishop. Talk about getting in good with your mother in law...try telling her you arranged to have a Bishop conduct the ceremony...

5. My dad was a mining geologist, and most of our summer vacations when I was growing up consisted of driving to wherever he was working and staying for the summer. I think it wasn't until I was about 12 that I figured out that my friends didn't spend their summers learning about the geology of Canada, Alaska, and the Western US.

Kitty 04-01-2009 06:28 PM

1. I believed in Santa until I was 10 years old!! :o

2. The first pet was my cat Smokey that we got when I was 5 and she lived until I was 26.

3. I will cry if I see a snake.....even a picture of one. :eek:

4. I love salt on my watermelon!

5. I still sleep in a huge oversized (for me) t-shirt that was once Tim's football jersey. It nearly comes to my knees!

KAOheim 04-01-2009 07:00 PM

Nice thread! :)

1. I lived in South America as a kid.

2. My grandfather was a communist. ^not related

3. Nature is my church.

4. I think dogs are better people than most people, though most people aren't too bad either.

5. I really live and die by the Redskins during football season. It's totally out of proportion, but I can't help it and I wouldn't change it if I could!

Thumper2 04-01-2009 07:08 PM

Okay here goes :p

1. I skated professionally in the Roller Derby and even was on national TV. ;)

2. I have Fibromyalgia, was diagnosed almost 3 years ago. I refuse to complain (most of the time) and push through the pain.

3. I am never lonely when I am alone, but I am sometimes when in a group.

4. I was the first girl drummer in our high school marching band.

5. My bed is full of stuffed animals and every night when I get ready for bed I kiss every one of them goodnight. :o

BlueMajo 04-01-2009 11:02 PM

Wow, loved the thread !!!! :)
Unique to me ??? difficult question... Let's see...

1.- I usually take 800 photographs a day... :rolleyes:

2.- I love to learn languages, so, I used to take german, russian, arabic, french and italian lessons all at the same time... :D

3.- I was 16 years old when decided to go on my own to Cincinnati just to watch tennis live !!! :cool:

4.- I sleep with 10 teddies... no matter if we are having a "hot as hell" weather... :o

5.- Im still waiting for my "blue prince" to appear so I can have my first boyfriend !!!! (Im 26 !!!) :eek:

doydie 04-01-2009 11:03 PM

I'll try now, althoug I can't think of 5 unique thinks yet. Maybe more will come to me.

1. I once bowled a score of 7! It took me a lot of years after that to pick up a bowling nall again. The last time I bowled, my average was a 130 and I got the trophy for most improved!

2. I learned how to drive in a very unusual car. My Dad was a preacher so I called it Pastor Petersons pink propane powered puch button plymouth! It was actually a puch button transmission. For soem reason and whenever I was driving it, the reverse would stick and I would have to get a screw driver out, take the panel off and fix it. It would usually only happen as I was backing out of the driveway. The propane tank was in the trunk so I'm glad we were never rearended.

3. I was a average/less than average student in high school so the admissions director for my sursing schoool had to case to the admissions board for me to go. I continued that average throughout school but became a very good nurse. I found out it is what you do with the education in the job field that counts. I have had to tell both my girls this. They both thought that since I was such a good nurse that I was an excellent student, both in high school and college. So they felt like they were failing me by doing a bad job. They have done much bettter since they found out I wasn't much of a success in school either. I'm not sure this was what you intended for this thread!

I'll think of other unique things. Well no one has a Trinity and Ellie like I do for grandkids!!!!!!

Erin524 04-01-2009 11:44 PM

1. I love to crochet and knit. I crochet more than I knit, and have been crocheting since I was about 6yrs old. (I'll be 40 in May). I consider myself an expert crocheter.

2. I read fan fiction on the internet. Currently it's mostly in the Magnificent Seven fandom. (tv show from the late 90s that had Michael Biehn in it) The first fanfic fandom I read was in the mid to late 90s and it was for the 70's tv show Emergency!. I also read fanfic for the tv shows Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis, and the tv show Numb3rs (ironically I love that show, even tho I can barely do simple math) along with several other fandoms for tv shows that are still being aired and some others that are now defunct (most fandoms I read now are for defunct shows)

3. I love dogs. It's an obsession with me...and I havent had a dog for 3 years. I'm considering getting a poodle now. (pet store said they're getting poodle puppies in 3 weeks...standards and miniatures...I'd love a standard, but will probably get a little one so I dont have to worry about my mom getting injured by a large dog dragging her into a fence...she's had that happen at least once. We dont have a fence anymore, but a slightly busy street is just as dangerous when you have a rather large dog dragging you behind him)

4. I love gadgets. Things like Tivo, my Amazon Kindle (an e-book reader), cameras of all kinds, yarn winders, Swiss Army knives (I think I have 9 of those), a little machine that makes knitted cord.

5. I flunked algebra FIVE times in high school (or was it 6 times?). I graduated high school by taking the basic remedial math class. I got a B+ in that class. (it was populated with gang bangers, and I figured it was safer to sit and do my homework and listen to my Walkman and not draw attention to myself) I finally passed algebra in a night school course at a local high school about a year after I graduated high school. I took the class because I was planning on joining the Air Force and I was going to take the ASVAB test. (think that's what it was called) They said I needed to know algebra. I passed that class with a D-. (barely passed) The teacher irritated me because he could never pronounce my name correctly. (it's two syllables! I think he needed remedial English classes) I never did take the ASVAB and I never did join the Air Force. (The first Gulf War started and I had second thoughts after seeing the news about a Scud missile hitting the women's barracks on one of the military bases in either Kuwait or Saudi Arabia) I dont think I would have gotten thru basic anyways.

Snoopy 04-02-2009 06:51 AM

:eek::eek:....here I go

(1) I knew a pimp and we were friends.....just friends. Geez, get your minds out of the gutter :p

(2) I was told several years ago I was A.D.D. and again several months ago. I chose not to believe it. I was recently tested and we decided to do the Q & A with both childhood and now (for fun) - I have always been A.D.D.:eek: Maybe it's time I admit it.....:Noooo:

(3) I had the title of Manager of Stationary when I was 16 years old. However, I was the only one in the department so I didn't "manage" anyone :thud:I just worked my butt off :rolleyes:

(4) I am addicted to scented body creams - not lotions but creams.

(5) I was a party girl back in my younger years - alcohol and MJ. My mother allowed me to drink and even bought it for me starting at the age of 13 or 14.

KAOheim 04-02-2009 07:35 AM

That's funny Erin, it took me 6 tries over 15 year to finally pass College Algebra! Yuck! :D

Bets 04-02-2009 08:04 AM

1. I got suspended from school for the first time in the sixth grade - I wasn't really bad, just creative

2. I read the Bible cover to cover but am not a believer

3. My first car was a chevette

4. My sister envy's me because I do my own thing instead of worrying about how I will be perceived by others. I envy her because she's focused and accomplished.

5. I used to be young and glamorous - now I'm eccentric

Bonus 6. I can't spell

azoyizes 04-02-2009 11:33 AM

Oh, what fun!

1. I worked for the King Ranch in Texas for ten years. For two years (my favorite), I worked at their feedlot. I kept cattle records and helped weigh grain trucks.

2. I flunked high school French, but I got an A in Spanish in college.

3. I used to ice skate and roller skate in grade school and high school with friends. My mom made my skating skirts for rollerskating.

4. When I married my second husband (the love of my life), we got married by the JP and I wore blue jeans.

5. I love Stephen King and Dean Koontz. I also love to read books about serial killers (fiction), sci-fi, and nonfiction books about Mt. Everest, the Arctic and the Antarctic, and just about anything to do with sailing ships.

SallyC 04-02-2009 11:47 AM

Maryann, I love your new Avatar with Montana licking your ears..:)

SandyC 04-02-2009 12:29 PM

Five things about me

1. I am the next American Idol, in my car. :D Seriously, I used to sing sometimes with a band called the Clyde Marshall Band.

2. I have been through some of the worst of things but refuse to let them take me down. That's why you see me laughing all the time. That's my revenge. ;)

3. I apparently have blood ties to the mafia. Thanks Dad! RIP. :cool:

4. I have an uncle who was scalped by indians. Ironically, I also have blood ties to the Cherokee that came from The Trail of Tears. :confused:

5. I am a giver and sometimes that makes me mad. :p

Kitty 04-02-2009 12:36 PM

I thought of one more......can I have six? My mother's father was a full blooded Cherokee Indian. Her mother was Irish I believe. Both of my sisters got my Mom's coloring (olive skin and dark hair/eyes). I must have got my Dad's and maternal grandmother's coloring because I am a fair skinned, blue eyed blond. That or Mom has some splainin' to do!

Erin524 04-02-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoyizes (Post 490157)
Oh, what fun!

1. I worked for the King Ranch in Texas for ten years. For two years (my favorite), I worked at their feedlot. I kept cattle records and helped weigh grain trucks.

2. I flunked high school French, but I got an A in Spanish in college.

3. I used to ice skate and roller skate in grade school and high school with friends. My mom made my skating skirts for rollerskating.

4. When I married my second husband (the love of my life), we got married by the JP and I wore blue jeans.

5. I love Stephen King and Dean Koontz. I also love to read books about serial killers (fiction), sci-fi, and nonfiction books about Mt. Everest, the Arctic and the Antarctic, and just about anything to do with sailing ships.

I like to read books about serial killers too!! Especially Jack The Ripper. Even did a paper on him at the community college I've been going to once. For an English class. I also used to roller skate. I was into speed skating a lot, since I wasnt graceful enough for figure skating.

I also read books about maritime disasters like the Titanic and the Andrea Doria. Not exactly sailing ships.

Erin524 04-02-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 490185)
I thought of one more......can I have six? My mother's father was a full blooded Cherokee Indian. Her mother was Irish I believe. Both of my sisters got my Mom's coloring (olive skin and dark hair/eyes). I must have got my Dad's and maternal grandmother's coloring because I am a fair skinned, blue eyed blond. That or Mom has some splainin' to do!

I have Choctaw indian ancestry on my mom's side. Several of her great-grandparents on both sides of her family were full blood Choctaw. I'm not sure which of the great-grandparents (as to the time) I think my maternal grandmother's grandparents would have been the most recent full bloods (maybe one of those might not have been full blooded). My maternal grandfather's might have been a generation before that.

My mom's stepdad (biological grandfather died when mom was 2) had done all sorts of geneological research. I've only ever seen a couple of pages of it when Grandpa sent me a copy of a few pages when I was 10 for a school project. I dont have those copies anymore, and I'm still waiting for my aunt to copy the entire family tree into a digital media so that I can save it to my computer. I cant remember now which g-grandparents were the full blood Choctaws.

I dont think I have enough indian in me to really consider myself to be "indian". I do think it's cool that my ancestry pretty much has a mix of everything. (I never did ask my grandpa if the rumours of having some African ancestry were true. Not sure if he would have told me. My mom is from Mississippi, and I get the feeling that they would have kept something like that really quiet if it were true)

Chazen18 04-02-2009 01:18 PM

What a cool thread! Kudos to the poster!!

Here are my 5 things....

1. I am 6'2...Quite a beast of a woman I must say.. lol My fiance is 6'5 Thank God!! :)

2. I love to sing and people have told me I'm fairly good at it... :confused: Used to be a karaoke addict until I stopped going to bars! Now I play singstar with my fiance on playstation... :)

3. I am currently exchanging my addiction for cigarettes for a serious addiction to this gamecube game called Animal Crossing... OMG, I cannot put it down!! (But I've been cig free for almost 3 weeks!!!)

4. I am actually a pretty self-LESS person, rather than the way you guys see me on the boards just wanting answers... I am going to try to be more social... I am very shy and self-concious and don't know what to say until I know people better

5. I hold the record at local bar for the most cups of beer drank in one night by a female... it was 26... I stacked my cups and was sooo proud... now I no longer drink.. hehe... I really feel stupid about that whole phase of my life.. quite out of control I must say!

Dejibo 04-02-2009 04:17 PM

being a full blood cherokee with brown hair and blue eyes, I had some teasing on the rez growing up. I always assumed I wasnt my dads, until he needed a kidney, and I reluctantly tested, fearing the worst. I was a good genetic match, and the tests proved that mom never strayed. Of course reservation living then, wasnt what all those novels proclaim it to be. It was a hard, hungry, cold bitter way of life. But thats another story. Its fun to see how many natives we have out here.

barb02 04-02-2009 05:36 PM

Had fun reading all of your posts. Five things about me:

1. I love peanut butter and dill pickel sandwiches.

2. My favorite country to have visited is Ireland.

3. I got a B in ice skating in college. I could only skate backwards. The teacher was a very cute hockey coach named Ron who was from Canada. The B was a gift.

4. I use to read about 5 books a week. Now I usually only read one per week unless I am on a break from school. (Read War and Peace in 8th grade.)

5. I broke my elbow when I was 26 and in graduate school while dancing at a bar. The lesson I learned -- "do not drink and dance."

freeinhou 04-02-2009 06:34 PM

Unique? None. 5 things about me...

1. If I see a Sudoku puzzle - fuggetaboutit. I'm doing it. The difficult ones take me about 4 minutes. I don't care if the freakin' shuttle's gonna take off in 5 minutes - I'll do the puzzle...

2. I pick my nose. Don't worry. The ultimate receiver is no longer the underside of the table. I started using a tissue about 5 weeks ago...

3. If you're driving in the left lane at the speed limit or below, I'll whip ya the bird...

4. To this day, I avoid stepping on those cracks that'll "break your mother's back." Don't ask me why...

5. If I burp and my wife says "eewwwhhh", I'll apologize, but I don't mean it.

Tom

NurseNancy 04-02-2009 07:56 PM

1) i once took hot air ballooning classes, a "ground school", to chase the balloons and recover the flyers. once the pilot took me up. cool!

2) i was on the howdy doody show when i was a kid.

3) i also met roy rogers. i used to kiss the tv after his shows.

4) i saw allen alda in person when he was in denver for a film festival.

5) i also took a flight in a glider plane. my parents had a cow but nothing would stop me. i wanted to do it.

Curious 04-02-2009 08:53 PM

1) I wasn't born in the USA.
2) I have been parachuting.
3) I was in the commercials for a chain of health clubs I used to work for.
4) I was interviewed on the news by a very famous reporting regarding that very chain...when they were going belly up.
5) I got my DL on my 16th birthday.

I love this thread. :D

HockeyMom86 04-02-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soxmom (Post 489619)
hmmmmmmmmmm

1~I was a serious figure skater in my youth...I taught professionally
from age 17-20. If you could see me now, its hard to believe I used to
float gracefully across the ice:eek:

2~ During my late teens, early twenties, I was a punk rock party animal(I
even had the hair:eek:) , Its hard for people to believe it when they see me
crafting with 5 year olds. lol

3~I can be veeeeeeeerrry sarcastic, which I definately have toned down
the last five or so years. Im still working on it.:o

4~ I really enjoy where I live, I love my neighbors and I love being a
good neighbor...We have lost three oldtimers in our neighborhood in
the last few years.:( Mrs. L. still lives next door and I so enjoy the stories
of all the homes and people and history...I find it fascinating. :)

5~ family and friends are the most treasured things in my life.:D Baseball
is a close second(just kidding).:o

Hi from another Bay Stater! Okay, I'll give this a try!

1. My husband is my best friend. He puts love notes in my lunch bag.

2. I have Disneyitis - Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club! Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise! Disney Cruise Line House Party (and my husband won a 4-night Disney Cruise! Did I mention I have Disneyitis?

3. I like to enter sweepstakes! I even win sometimes!

4. My one and only son graduated from college in 2008. I am so proud of him! :)

5. Siblings in my family: 3 out of 4 of us were due on September 24. One was pre-mature, one was "late" (that's me) and one was born on the due date! When I was in my teensm I realized what my mom received from "Santa" for Christmas! ;) Figure it out? Obviously the other one was just a mistake!

doydie 04-02-2009 10:16 PM

Thought of a few moew unique things about me

1 (or is it 3) The summer my oldest came home from freshman year in college she worked at a pet store. We are all suckers for unwanted pets. That summer we had 25 different animals in our home. They ranged from baby bunnie rabits that lawnmowers had run over their mommies. We were up all night feefing thses little ones until qwe could feel comfortable to release them in a nature center here in town. They told us we couldn't release then because they had enough animals so I fugure they probably became part of the chain of life. The bay birds didn't do so well. We nevere succeeded in getting them to eat. My daughters expertise at the pet store was sugar gliders and she would bring the baies home and tame tehm for the peole that purchased them or some of them had us keep themwhile they went on vacation. We had domestic rabbits. Our own dog was a shelty and he loved to herd those rabbits to keep them in one section of the house. We also had a couple of snakes.

2. my Mother was from the south and we learned to put sugar on our tomatoes. I also grew up eating sugar and butter sandwiches. Sometimes that all we could afford. I also love sweet pickle and peanut butter sandwiches.

I would say it is unique but you all know I love reality shows!!!!

ewizabeth 04-03-2009 12:01 AM

I was the fifth of my Mom's five kids. They thought I was a boy and were going to name me Randy.

I worked at Ponderosa part time in my teens. I convinced the general manager to let me run the french fry machine, then later, I cooked the steaks for a day. Girls weren't allowed to do those jobs back then (at least in my town!) :rolleyes:

I have two college degrees as an adult (AS and BSBA -- after age 35.) I achieved Summa Cum Laude for both, but I wasn't good at all in high school and the teachers often told my parents I wasn't working up to my potential. :D

I'm allergic to cats but I'll always have one because they give me so much comfort.

I have a niece that's ten years older than me. Her Mom, my half sister is older because my dad was married once before my Mom.

ewizabeth 04-03-2009 12:05 AM

Doydie,

One of my good childhood friends was very needy at times (divorced Mom with ten kids). I'd spend the night and we'd eat toasted hot dog buns with mayo for breakfast. (There was nothing else in the fridge. We learned to like it. :) )

Erin524 04-03-2009 02:54 AM

Here's one. (or more)

I like rye bread toasted with mustard on it. I think I got that from my uncle that died about 14yrs ago. He liked things like mustard sandwiches.

I used to hate mustard, but one day when I was working at a McD's (worked at one for 8yrs) I had this weird craving for mustard. Freaked out my manager because I couldnt even stand the smell for a long time. Ever since then, I've liked mustard sandwiches.

I also like pretzels with mustard. I also like to eat pretzels with Caesar salad dressing that has a ton of Parmesan cheese mixed in with it....kind of like a dip. (love the cheese and salad dressing on garlic bread too)

I also put the Caesar and Parmesan mix in toasted pita bread. (oh, and I like hummus in my pita bread too, but not with the salad dressing mix)

another weird food fact about me. I like mashed potatoes with Caesar dressing mixed into the potatoes. (it's pretty good, and tastes a lot better than sour cream)

I get strange looks when I go out to eat sometimes.

Snoopy 04-03-2009 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 489826)
4. I love salt on my watermelon!

I would eat watermelon with fresh squeezed lemon juice and salt.

Lemons were a part of my daily diet when I was a kid. I started getting craving for lemons again in 1991 and thought what the heck! It's been years. The answer was soon to come I was pregnant with my second child.

When I was in about 4th grade I walked to school and would pass a house that had a lemon tree in the front yard with a huge amount of lemons. I just started to pull the lemons off one or two at a time. One day the owner came out and I apologized and was told to take all the lemons I wanted :D

I would eat about 3 or 4 lemons a day.

soxmom 04-03-2009 07:54 AM

I also have indian blood. My great grandmother on my moms side
was full blooded mohawk indian from upstate new york. I never met
her as she died at 40 from a heart attack:(. The only feature I have
is almost black eyes. on my birth certificate, its says black .
I used to love hearing stories about her.:)

sabimax 04-03-2009 10:19 AM

hmmm thinking..unique...hmmm

I have given birth 6 times!!

I have two tattoos! surprise to some when I tell them.

I was a nanny for 13 years in Boston area.

My big sister Madeline, (the one we lost in October) she always called me her little Raroo. (because when I was little trying to say words and she was trying to get me to say my name Sarah...I kept saying Raroo)

I love to watch football, and I hate shopping (yes I am a woman, remember I gave birth so many times hehe)