NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Old BT is now open for business! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/2391-bt-business.html)

doydie 10-01-2006 11:03 PM

Old BT is now open for business!

The only thing there now is I guess what used to be forum feedback and only a couple of posts. A lot more people have visited though. I had to re-register. I'm not sure I will go back.

euphonia 10-02-2006 08:24 AM

Well, I registered about an hour ago, but it won't let me post until I "activate" it through the e-mail notification. I haven't received the activation e-mail yet.

Pegshere 10-02-2006 09:21 AM

Hi ya

yeah I registered too,, not a activation email as of yet,,

Hi Doydie,, susan !!,, remember me ?? damn straight Doydie !!

I wil go back,, when it does become more active,, I kinda like this place too,,,:rolleyes:

Peg

SallyC 10-02-2006 11:13 AM

Have the old posts been archived? I'd like to go back and read a bit.

I left BT, because it didn't feel like home anymore, so I may lurk and make a decision later about re-joining.:confused:

Thanks, Doydie for alerting us.:)

Patricia 10-02-2006 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 18045)
Have the old posts been archived? I'd like to go back and read a bit.

I left BT, because it didn't feel like home anymore, so I may lurk and make a decision later about re-joining.:confused:

Thanks, Doydie for alerting us.:)

JL is going to try and restore the archives, there is an explanation at the top of the page:)

Snoopy 10-02-2006 11:16 AM

FYI ~ if it makes a difference to anyone David H is an admin and moderator at OBT

lady_express_44 10-02-2006 11:16 AM

JL has said (on his "Greetings" thread) that he is going to "try" to retrieve the old threads.

Cherie

SallyC 10-02-2006 11:30 AM

I used to love going to the old MGH (old, old BT) archives and now they are lost forever. JL promised to keep those too, so I don't hold much faith that he will save these.:rolleyes:

So, the moderating is the ssdd, huh? Oh well, we shall see what happens, I guess.

But this forum is my new home...smooches DocJohn.:D

Snoopy 10-02-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 18070)
ssdd

Sally what does ssdd stand for?:confused: I'm confused....story of my life:p

SallyC 10-02-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopy (Post 18074)
Sally what does ssdd stand for?:confused: I'm confused....story of my life:p

Same Stuff Different Day...I cleaned it up a little.:D

Snoopy 10-02-2006 11:40 AM

LOL....yes I am slow today....Thanks!

Cherie 10-02-2006 03:37 PM

Here's the link:
http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums

euphonia 10-02-2006 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegshere (Post 17960)
yeah I registered too,, not a activation email as of yet,,

Hi Doydie,, susan !!,, remember me ?? damn straight Doydie !!

I wil go back,, when it does become more active,, I kinda like this place too,,,:rolleyes:

Peg

Hiya, Peg. How could I ever forget meeting you and Doydie at Spring Fling?!! I'm so happy to see everyone again!

You and Doydie may have heard that I have my very own granddaughter now, too. She'll be ONE on Sunday. Last week she stopped by for about 20 minutes -- long enough to pick up every item in my living room, taste it, throw it on the floor, and then step on it. Isn't that precious? :)

I still don't have my activation e-mail even though John Lester said he thought he fixed that glitch. I plan on following the crowd to one or both BTs. :)

ssusan 10-02-2006 05:53 PM

I have not been activated either. Isn't that telling :rolleyes:

-Susan who could use some activation before sinking further into the couch

euphonia 10-02-2006 06:04 PM

Hey everyone, I just tried again and it let me post instead of telling me I wasn't authorized.

Cherie 10-02-2006 06:36 PM

I haven't been activated yet but I also have not tried to post. Thought something might be wrong with my email server but it sounds like I'm not the only one.

BBS1951 10-02-2006 07:30 PM

same here.

Cherie 10-02-2006 07:47 PM

Well, I still don't have the activation email but was able to log on and post.

Sparky10 10-02-2006 09:05 PM

Just registered, and never got the notice about waiting for the activation email. Clicked on "post new thread" and got the impression I could've (but didn't).

lady_express_44 10-02-2006 09:32 PM

JL said he is having trouble getting the activation emails to work properly, so he's eliminated that step for now. Once you register, and sign on, you can go ahead and post.

Cherie

Nancy T 10-02-2006 09:44 PM

I don't WANT to have to follow two forums so as not to miss anything; I want it all COMPACT. <pout>

Guess it's inevitable that we now have a split forum. Bummer. I shouldn't complain, I don't read that much anyway.

Nancy

Cherie 10-02-2006 09:47 PM

Apparently there is also a glitch in notifying you by email that a reply has come in.

lady_express_44 10-02-2006 09:56 PM

I was very disappointed when OBT went down for so long, but thought I was willing to wait as long as it took to get it back up. I will be saddened if all of the history is lost though.

It was a bit of a shocker to me when I first came on here and read so many angry posts about events that (apparently) went on there. It must have been on other forums though . . . I didn't see any problems in the way the MS one was administered/moderated. :confused:

I think this forum offers some things that OBT might not, and probably vice-versa. The good news is that we use the same format, so at least it won't be too hard to adapt for those who chose to go back and forth between the two.

I'm just glad to find everyone again, no matter which place they chose to post. :)

Cherie

doydie 10-02-2006 11:29 PM

Peg, it is so good to see you. And I love the pic of your granddaughter. Soon I will have a wonderful pic of my next new granddaughter. It will be an US at 34 weeks. My daughter has been high risk most of the pregnancy and they like to do an US at 34 weeks just to see if there are any interventions they need to prepare ahead of time for. Trinity is in Kindergarten now and has a 4 day fall break. Grandpa and I are going down to pick her up and luckily for us the US is scheduled for that time!!!!!! I have never sen an US of a baby that far along. While we have Trinity here, we are going to hold a 'you're the big sister now' party. It will be just 3 adults and her but we will practice changing diapers (of course one will have to be a messy one) have contests to see who can drink a bottle the fastest and make a tee shirt saying she is the big sister. Then unfortunately at the end of the week, i will have to give her back:(

Oh, my son in law will be home from Iraq in about 3-4 weeks!!! And his wife just bought their first house so he will be back in time to move in decorate it. So lots happening here. Some may be bad but we won't even talk about those useless they actually materialize.

SallyC 10-02-2006 11:50 PM

Hey Pegleg, nice to see you again. :)