NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Gluten Sensitivity / Celiac Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/gluten-sensitivity-celiac-disease/)
-   -   Al! (https://www.neurotalk.org/gluten-sensitivity-celiac-disease/2393-al.html)

RathyKay 10-02-2006 12:03 AM

Al!

How did you register on BrainTalk? I can't see anything for "Image Verification" - just the refresh button. Is the system just bogged down? Is it my computer? How did you get there first? (Again.;))

RathyKay 10-02-2006 12:09 AM

For those of you wondering... there is action:
http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums

rachelb 10-02-2006 01:08 AM

Doesn't look like there'll be any archives. Sigh.

Rachel

Llonghair 10-02-2006 06:16 AM

Well, I registered but could not post. MrsD somehow got on after making a few attempts.

John said he was attempting to restore the archives but I think he is not sure how much will come back.

There are probably hundreds trying to get on which could be the reason there are posting problems.

I do hope the old info will come back to life!

annelb 10-02-2006 06:50 AM

I have registered but I cannot post - still waiting for a confirmation email.
I was able to register under my old name.
Anne

aklap 10-02-2006 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RathyKay (Post 17740)
How did you register on BrainTalk? I can't see anything for "Image Verification" - just the refresh button. Is the system just bogged down? Is it my computer? How did you get there first? (Again.;))

Hi,

Hmmmm, I didn't see nay Image verification stuff. It was acting kinda goofy last night.

I wasn't there 1st, Cara was (as usual) ;) heheheee I think I was 2nd. I had to register twice because I wasn't paying attention. I have 2 accounts out there. :eek:

It appears the user database will not be restored - so that means registering. JL is working on restoring the database [old posts].

I am kind of surprised actually.

jccgf 10-02-2006 07:43 AM

Al, it looked like you were there before me. I registered, checked the member list, and there you were. I know Chat moderator and bizi had both made posts before I got there.

I had to reregister, but didn't have to wait for verification to post, but maybe that got turned on later. Only MAIN forum was up the first time I tried.

I had been out most of the night, and was just checking email and stuff when I tried...around 9:40.

I don't have high hopes for the data, but the user data base he mentions I think refers to member info. He does talk about trying to restore as much from the back ups as possible...but ??????

Cara

aklap 10-02-2006 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jccglutenfree (Post 17877)
Al, it looked like you were there before me. I registered, checked the member list, and there you were.

LOL I logged in and saw YOU there already :)

I think I was member #12. Cara, I just checked...you are #6.

aklap 10-02-2006 08:04 AM

One other interesting thing...

OBT's forum number was 141. Now it's 152. I wonder in JL typed all those in again. Truly if he restored from a backup - it still would be 141.

I suppose there may be a way to import them from an old set of data.

Hmmmmmmm....

Llonghair 10-02-2006 08:11 AM

I can't get on

I wonder if it is our new server? We changed server for our company and it seems to be touchy. I can not get on and even tried a new name under my husbands email. Then tried deleting cookies like they said and that didn't work. Oh well!

Cara and Al did you get an email verification?

KimS 10-02-2006 09:04 AM

I'm going to wait and see what stuff they get back and then decide if I'm going back.

Honestly, I like it here better. :)

mrsD 10-02-2006 09:27 AM

I understand the confusion...

I was able to reregister today, after clearing cookies.

So I have my old name back. It was not helping doing this in the wee hours,
without my tea, and being somewhat less than focused! :o

RathyKay 10-02-2006 12:46 PM

When I went over there, I "saw" you, Al. And, I saw your name here, which is why I posted last night. There were only 16 members registered at the time.... I could have had a low number.

The "image verification" thing is gone. I've registered. However, I haven't received my confirmation email, so I can't post. Someone on Child Neurology questioned whether it was AOL, which is my email, also. It's not in the spam folder, either.

diamondheart 10-02-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RathyKay (Post 18125)
I've registered. However, I haven't received my confirmation email, so I can't post. Someone on Child Neurology questioned whether it was AOL, which is my email, also. It's not in the spam folder, either.

Same thing happened to me and I have yahoo mail. Not in spam folder either. Without the archieves AND the member database, what's the point anyways? It's just like BT2 from 6 weeks ago!

Claire

NancyM 10-02-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondheart (Post 18148)
Same thing happened to me and I have yahoo mail. Not in spam folder either. Without the archieves AND the member database, what's the point anyways? It's just like BT2 from 6 weeks ago!

Claire

I had a terrible time registering on the old BT. I had to get a google email account to make it work.

diamondheart 10-02-2006 01:55 PM

Insert foot into mouth...

Oops, I spoke too soon! JL has fixed the problem and has manually registered everyone waiting for a confirmation e-mail. I guess the problem has been fixed, for now. I can post, but ain't nothin' there to post about :confused: !

Claire

annelb 10-02-2006 03:20 PM

Didn't get a confirming email but I can post on BT now. All day I was trying to figure out a new name if I could not post under annelb. Guess I will save that name for another time and another place.
Anne

pabb 10-02-2006 06:37 PM

i admit to being computer illiterate....but when i went to brain.hastypastry.net....nothing.....braintalk.org ......nothing....how would i know to try brain.hastypastry.net/forums/??????????

Llonghair 10-02-2006 07:20 PM

pabb

http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...play.php?f=152

Try this link

pabb 10-02-2006 09:28 PM

thanks LH.... saw the link in the beginning of the thread, i just want to know how i was supposed to know it......for month(s) i have been checking brain.hastypastry.net.....finally (and still) just a place holder page.....why should i know to ad the "forum" part........just trying to learn

diamondheart 10-02-2006 11:53 PM

Chocolate Bunny Syndrome

Will someone let me know when OBT gets it's archieves back, if ever? It's a bit depressing to go over there right now. It's like the skeleton of a ship wreck. Or a chocolate bunny that you get at Easter, pretty on the outside, hollow on the inside.

Claire

Curious 10-03-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondheart (Post 18654)
Will someone let me know when OBT gets it's archieves back, if ever? It's a bit depressing to go over there right now. It's like the skeleton of a ship wreck. Or a chocolate bunny that you get at Easter, pretty on the outside, hollow on the inside.
Claire

here ya go claire :D

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rdd/8_3_38.gif

KimS 10-03-2006 03:28 AM

I'm really starting to think that they won't be getting the archives back.

141 is now: Endocrine and Gland Disorders (e.g., Thyroid and Pituitary)

:(

annelb 10-03-2006 09:38 AM

I have heard from more than one person that JL is saying old data will be restored. All data/some data/little data/no data :confused: - stay tuned.
Anne

jccgf 10-03-2006 09:48 AM

The addresses have changed because the forums were added out manually, and not exactly the order they used to be.

It feels there like it felt here four weeks ago, but BT1's registered members are up to 736 after the first day. Although, there are some double registers (not mentioning any names :D), and some people are just 'reserving' their usernames but don't intend to post there. But, I'm not sure it will be a shipwreck forever.

Cara

mrsD 10-03-2006 10:02 AM

oooopppssss...

Yes, I did look at members list there...many many with zero posts.

And I did flub up and end up with two mrsdoubtfyres! :o

What is interesting is that the Google caches no longer show avatars, they did
while down, at least I saw some. I didn't look while the MAC OS message was up however.

I also am very worried about the data. There were just tons of useful things on every forum there, that I used to consult and check up on, besides updating my own few info threads. If I cannot use OBT as a reference like I did, I will have
little to go back to there. For example there was a great link to a toxic
algae that was posted by someone on the PD forum, that causes CNS problems...I didn't save it. The PD forum had tons of good things to read about there! sigh...

edit to add..of course it goes without saying that this forum DEPENDS on that data... The data here (recipes, new research, testing) is just critical and huge. I send people to the Gluten file all the time! At least that is now on Google!

jccgf 10-03-2006 10:35 AM

That data is really a big issue. I mean, it has had to be rebuilt...how many times? Somewhere there is something wrong with back up procedures if the data can't be recovered. That is the whole point of doing back ups.

Cara

diamondheart 10-03-2006 10:37 PM

From Doc John

If you haven't seen this on the Forum Feedback, I though you might find it interesting. It's a note from Doc John.

Quote:

In 11 years, I've never had a community be down for more than a day (including running the world's largest online mental health community for 4 years) and I've never charged for any community.

John
http://forums.braintalk2.org/showpos...82&postcount=1

Makes me feel like this forum might be more reliable.

Claire

rachelb 10-03-2006 11:13 PM

Yeah, I just cannot fathom what causes a 2 month downtime. Just really way too long, IMO. A week, two at most, seems reasonable (though still long). 2 months--way too much.

Rachel