NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Welcome to Braintalk2 (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/16-welcome-braintalk2.html)

stevem53 08-22-2006 11:42 AM

Welcome to Braintalk2

Hi everyone..I happened to google up Braintalk and found that someone has set up temporary BT forums

Happy Days!!

To all that see this thread...Pass the word...I am about to do that myself right now

Whoever is responsible for setting this website up..A thousand THANK YOU'S!!!

MKane 08-22-2006 12:54 PM

Whew!

Thanks for letting me know Steve. I've really missed the forum.
MKane

stevem53 08-22-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamafigure (Post 67)
Peg knows, already

I e-mailed about 30 some odd people..So hopefully if everyone passes it on we should be back to somewhat normal

indigogo 08-22-2006 02:12 PM

Thanks, Steve! I emailed to my list; I'm sure there was some overlap.

Carey

Jaye 08-22-2006 02:37 PM

HEY YOU GUUUUYYYYYYS!!!!!!!
I'll rattle some cages, too.

Jaye

GregW1 08-22-2006 02:52 PM

Well This Is a Pleasant Surprise!

Hi Y'all. Didn't think I'd see this place back on its feet again. Thank you John or whomever. I'll try to get some word about the resurrection of BT out as well.

I'm grinning!

greg

stevem53 08-22-2006 02:55 PM

Check this out folks..This is how I found BT-2

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...k-communities/

Paul Wicks 08-22-2006 03:28 PM

Hey everyone, hope you're all well. This second board seems to be getting known by word of mouth pretty quickly. I'm going to go post it on BUILD to make sure our ALS friends find it.

Come to think of it, having a backup site seems like a pretty good idea to me!

Paul

BrownEyedGirl 08-22-2006 05:38 PM

Yea!!!!!

This is awesome!

Lora

rosebud 08-22-2006 11:34 PM

Hello my little chickens...

Yes I'm here so the party can get started!!! Is this for real? It looks all shiny and new! When I filled in my title, two options came up from the old format (is that the right term?). And the million dollar question -does anyone know if the old threads are locked in the cellar? Probably no-one even knows if this place has a cellar? Well I'm dying to see if this is really going to work so I just have to hit the "submit" now. I'll be back later

Evon 08-23-2006 12:22 AM

Evon formerly Eve

Hello to everyone. I had trouble getting back in due to my username not having at least 4 digits, so here I am Evon formerly Eve. I have missed coming here each day to see what is happening. You don't realize what you have till its gone. Good to see the old familiar names which have a personality of their own, even when you don't see the person. So whats been happening anyway, besides the Brain Talk crash. Have you all had a good summer?

Ronhutton 08-23-2006 12:55 AM

Back again

But for how long??
hI guys, I've missed you
Ron Hutton

stevem53 08-23-2006 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosebud (Post 210)
Yes I'm here so the party can get started!!! Is this for real? It looks all shiny and new! When I filled in my title, two options came up from the old format (is that the right term?). And the million dollar question -does anyone know if the old threads are locked in the cellar? Probably no-one even knows if this place has a cellar? Well I'm dying to see if this is really going to work so I just have to hit the "submit" now. I'll be back later

Rosebud..This is another refugee camp..There arent any old threads here..I dont know if you have checked this out or not yet, but click on this link..Check out post #20

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archive...k-communities/

Also:..

http://forums.braintalk2.org/showthread.php?t=24&page=2

Im coming up so you better get this party started
Im coming up so you better get this party started
Get this party started on a Saturday night
Everybodys waiting for me to arrive
Sending out the message to all of my friends
We'll be lookin flashy in my Mercedes Benz..........:D

Todd 08-23-2006 11:12 AM

Hello strangers!

It's nice to be back. I think I'll kick my feet up, crack open a cold one, and hang out. So nice to be back...

chasmo 08-23-2006 04:07 PM

I'm here already!!

Jaye "whupped" me good for being slow to join!

Charlie B.

olsen 08-23-2006 04:44 PM

refugee from Braintalk

great to find you all here. madelyn

GregD 08-23-2006 06:04 PM

Just as the BT withdrawl symptoms were subsiding....
Good to find you all again.

GregD

mamafigure 08-23-2006 07:32 PM

Hey, I have some news from my neuro today. He now says that what I have is similar to what the folks in "Awakening" had. He said that my high fever damaged the left side of my brain , including the dopamine receptors. He doesn't think that it will get any worse as long as I continue taking Mirapex.

That's great news, but as some of you may know, I have been sick for awhile with llq abd pain (with one particularly painful isolated spot) and have had lots of tests. Cancer was just ruled out with a biopsy. This is great, but since I need to use a cane on the left for the right leg, I can no longer do this so walking has gotten nearly impossible.

Anyway, does anyone have a clue?

Mama

rosebud 08-23-2006 11:10 PM

Thanks for the info steve

I looked at your links and sort of understand. I'm kinda technologically impaired- so how come this looks sooo much like the old forum? And what's the motivation for someone to provide this? I tend to be a bit cautious of anything that is just "free" without knowing a bit more about the provider. Is it just me or is there something a little peculiar feeling about this?

H2OS 08-23-2006 11:27 PM

What Happened To Braintalk1?

Does anyone know what is going on with original braintalk?

stevem53 08-23-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosebud (Post 418)
I looked at your links and sort of understand. I'm kinda technologically impaired- so how come this looks sooo much like the old forum? And what's the motivation for someone to provide this? I tend to be a bit cautious of anything that is just "free" without knowing a bit more about the provider. Is it just me or is there something a little peculiar feeling about this?

Well from what I understand the colors are the default software colors evidently..Ive seen other message boards forums with the same style and colors..The provider evidently from what Ive read knows John Lester, and Zombie Slayer seems to be in the "know" as he is very active on BT as a BT Nerd on the help desk forum etc..So if he had posted something objectionable about this ordeal then I would be concerened..Hes a pretty computer savvy guy from what I understand..So I take it as this place is merely a random act of kindness for us all..What exactly happened at BT and why it has been down for so long I heard was because as John said that it simply crashed at a bad time when he was traveling, busy etc..Seems though that this long hiatus has really affected alot of folks very negatively, and some to the point of conspiracy theories..I myself was starting to seriously wonder if BT would ever return, but my inner judgement kept telling me that intelllectually I knew that John has a personal dedication to BT..But my emotions started to whisper in my ear after I began to feel disconnected from too many good friends for too long..So I think that BT-2 is certainly a step in the right direction to making our community whole again

I guess we really realized exactly how important BT has been to us..I know for me it has been a lifeline, and the difference between wallowing in self pity because of pd..and getting up off my butt and living as full a life as possible under the given circumstances..I certainly wasnt doing that prior to meeting all you folks

stevem53 08-24-2006 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2OS (Post 426)
Does anyone know what is going on with original braintalk?

http://forums.braintalk2.org/showthread.php?t=55

mamafigure 08-24-2006 05:42 AM

I feel much the same way. I think that this forum is a great help...it made me go to the drs when I most certainly did not want to. The kind folks gently prodded, listenened to me earnestly, and responded when necessary. I hoped that I did that to others.

As far as mistrusting benevolancy...I may not trust things like Onstar, but people have to prove to me that they are untrustworthy, and so far the promoter of this site has not so much as to have posted an ad for his business, given medical advice, or forced any of us back.

I say, let's trust. There really are some good guys out there.

Mama

harley 08-24-2006 05:59 AM

awesome.. feels good to be home

gaykir 08-24-2006 08:13 AM

Wow! :) :) :) We finally found you guys again! I just could'nt believe that all the good folks we've come to know in BT had suddenly departed our lives. I just googled BT today for kicks and found this site. So much going on at our house! Kevin (kevkir) is starting the process to have DBS so we'll need your support soon I hope. Glad to see so many old friends have found this place.

Gayle

burckle 08-24-2006 11:16 AM

Hi Steve and Everyone else:

Glad to see that BT is up again, if only for awhile (possibly). I missed my daily dose of reality, humour, common sense and togetherness. During my absence from BT I went to work, support group, wrote, played with my new grandson (He's 8 months now), vacationed in the White Mountains, and tried to find the whereabouts of BT. I know this isn't the real thing yet (I think of it as BT lite) but It's better then the blank screen we had before. I realize that many of you have been thinking about what you would post if you were able to post. I have been thinking about that also. You will recall I used to pester you with questions (what are you reading? Humour anyone? etc). I've made a list of additional questions during the absence of BT but I won't spring them on you yet. I'll let you savor the moments, the final month of summer (at least for the Northern Hemisphere), a working BT, and (hopefully) all banned restored to their former good standing.

All the best,

Lloyd

paula_w 08-24-2006 06:16 PM

It

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevem53 (Post 69)
I e-mailed about 30 some odd people..So hopefully if everyone passes it on we should be back to somewhat normal

Hi Steve,

Like everyone else, I missed "my own kind"....just a quick question tho Steve, did you expect to find anyone that comes here that isn't odd?

ho ho just getting started,
paula

i just proved i'm odd by accidentally sending this message before i finished the title...was planning on it saying It's About Time!

GregD 08-24-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paula_w (Post 588)
Hi Steve,

Like everyone else, I missed "my own kind"....just a quick question tho Steve, did you expect to find anyone that comes here that isn't odd?
paula

i just proved i'm odd by accidentally sending this message before i finished the title...was planning on it saying It's About Time!

I resemble that remark! LOL

GregD

stevem53 08-24-2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paula_w (Post 588)
Hi Steve,

paula

Odd?..Moi?..Nawwwwwww!!..:D