NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Road Trip!!!!! Yahooooooo!!!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/30098-road-trip-yahooooooo.html)

dianelori 10-14-2007 04:46 PM

Road Trip!!!!! Yahooooooo!!!!!

Ok, I think I live the furthest south, and I just got a new car.....so I'll start the driving until I get lost.....ummmm, lol, which will be in about 5 minutes!!! I have a Malibu Maxx. The rear seats fold down and we can open the hatch and pile a whole gob of people in the back!! I have a small cooler to keep with me up front filled with my diet Pepsi, M&M's and pretzels. So if y'all want anything else to munch on, BYOC!!! Oh, the car has little moonroofs in it too, with shades for when the sun gets too hot! Ummm, I'll head out and drive up to Joselita's and pick her up and then we'll decide from there where to go???? I think from Florida to 'Bama (? isn't that where you live Jose?), we should head up the East coast and snag a few more bodies?????

:p

dianelori 10-14-2007 04:57 PM

I Found The Bus!!!!

Holy Google Batman!!! :eek:

I found the bus outside parked in my driveway!!! I'm filling her up and we're on our way!! C'mon get happy!!!! ......sorry, couldn't resist!!! :wink:

Joselita 10-14-2007 05:00 PM

Your Bama Bound, Huh?

Yep...I'm in Bama.

If we are going to need more room, and the Partridge Family bus can't be found (or isn't available), I got my nice, new (well..to me, at any rate) Jeep sitting out here, just raring to go on a road trip!

Maybe we can double back (as I KNOW there will be somone that we forget....and have to go back and pick up) and get it if needed? I don't want to be all by myself to start out with....*sniff.

So...get on up to T-town, Home Of The Crimson Tide...and then cross the river. I will be waitin' for ya, DL! (BTW...that is NORTH from you, Sweetie. You know..headed AWAY From the beach? :ROTFLMAO:!!)

I'll even bring my Atlas, although it is a little out of date (1998..LOL), but it got me across country to Prescott, AZ to get Jay to school this past August!

Anyone else wanting to come? Hey...we can all just SHOW UP at Dana's and SURPRISE her...how about that?

:ROTFLMAO:

:hug: I'll be waitin'!
Jose (who navigates very well...from East to West...and with a little help....LOL)

PS...what DO I need to bring???:confused:

allentgamer 10-14-2007 05:01 PM

Waitin at the curb!

I packed my kilt, cause I wont wear the grass skirt. It really chaps my hide :winky:

So now im waitin at the curb out here in Cali. Im just gonna sit here till you all make it this way. :D

Joselita 10-14-2007 05:05 PM

WOW!!! SO THAT's where it was!!!

I was afraid that Mark might have left is in MAss when he moved up to Maine! How did it get down to FL?? :rolleyes: LOL

ALright! Just....erm...make sure that you de-kittify it, ok? Kitties DO NOT like ROad trips! ROFL I sure don't want to be wearing one for head gear (with the claws in my ears.....) :eek:

Hope nothing ELSE is in there.......:p :confused: ;) :eek: (that :eek: was after I thought about it for a bit...I mean...I don't think 'gators are much for Road Trips either! :eek::eek: )

:p

Joselita 10-14-2007 05:08 PM

Hubba..Hubba...

A man in a skirt! ;) Must be something in my Scottish DNA.....

Tell me, Allen...since you HAVE a kilt...are you Scottish? I mean...a TRUE Scotsman (*wicked laugh*...you know what they wear under their kilts...right? ;) :eek:)

I claim sitting under the Sun Roof again! Hopefull we can get Allen to get up there and do a Hula...or, to at least stand there and play some pipes or something....:cool: :D :p

Curious 10-14-2007 05:17 PM

i smell choccy. :p peanut or plain m&m's?

dianelori 10-14-2007 05:17 PM

ROFL.....I once asked a Scotsman "what's worn under your kilt?" His reply, straight faced, VERY serious was:

Ready?

Are you sure you're ready for this one?????

His honest to goodness answer was........

:eek:

"Nothing is worn under my kilt......everything is in PERFECT WORKING ORDER"

emilys gramma 10-14-2007 05:22 PM

well if ya are heading out now.....

stop in michigan and pick me up..i will call jewells and she will be waiting too.......

i have a cooler that ya plug in so it will keep things nice and cold the whole trip...........

i have a photo of some guys with hula skirts i will download it

we have an explorer sport trac too, so we can tow it until we can fill it with people........

i will give dana a heads up so she can be waiting.............

dianelori 10-14-2007 05:26 PM

Claudia,

I'll bring along my Petosky stones and we can peddle them along the way in case we run outta moolah!!!! Can you bring me some bing cherries and some of those great Michigan apples and oh yeah, some tomatoes!!! The ones down here are real nasty!!!!! I love Michigan tomatoes!! I could just suck all the juice right out of them!!!!

:D

Farm Wife 10-14-2007 06:25 PM

O M G !!! I have a Maxx too. 3 sun roofs so everybody can get a tan!

On your way to pick up Allen, give me a yell and I'll meet you. I've got the Kahlua...

Hugs and Prayers

emilys gramma 10-14-2007 06:35 PM

ok dianelori...........

bring the stones, we can hit petosky on the way upnorth....(our other home is just south of that.....) we can continue across the mackinac bridge and head to pick up our canadian friends....be sure to bring the passports.......

i will bring some vernors too....our tomatoes were not that good this year tho...........our macintosh and granny apples are to die for tho..................oh yea, faygo is good too......

please make sure i get a moonroof tho, as i love the sun.................

we are gonna have some FUN......laffff

dianelori 10-14-2007 06:41 PM

:Dancing-Chilli: :Dancing-Chilli:

I'm so excited.....and I just can't hide it..........

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!!!

Joselita 10-14-2007 07:01 PM

:p I called the sunroof thingy FIRST claudia! We will have to carve a couple of others in the bus’s roof, I reckon..and just get Allen to dance a gig all over the top of it in his kilt. :yikes: ;)

I still don’t know what to bring. :confused: There are some peaches that usually come in REALLY good from Chilton County, but this extreme drought we have been under pretty much did them in. Same with even the cotton....

I KNOW! I can bring some grits and OKRA (I think Okra is ok...nothing kills that, does it? ROFL), and I can throw the grits at LIZ.....:p

Which reminds me, you all stop and get Corn Nuts on the way here, Ok? Liz doesn’t know what they are, and thinks that they are some kind of “Southern Thing”. :rolleyes: I need to throw a few of those at her too! LOL

Oh..>Curious? When it comes to M & M’s, I don’t care WHAT kind! I like both peanut and plain. But, I do have to say, that the DARK ones are my total favorite! I am a complete and total Dark Chocoholic. Not that I turn up my nose at ANY Kind of chocolate...because that would be...well.....a sin or something! ROFL

Ok....we still need to know who all we are picking up, and where they are. I don’t have a passport.....so, does that mean that I have to get dropped off at the boarder, and then stand there and wait for you all to come back and get me on the way bock down to the lower 48? :(BRRRRRRRRRRRRR! That means that I need WINTER clothes, along with my Hawaiian stuff....

Hmmmmm. Hope there is LOTS of room for luggage and what not.....:o

*hmming "on the road again" under breath*;)

allentgamer 10-14-2007 07:09 PM

Moonroof?

I wondered why they call it a moonroof, well now I know!! :eek:

I will do a jig on the roof, but be prepared to be mooned through the moonroof!! :D

I got my passport so I will be able to do the watusi on through to Canada :Dancing-Chilli:

emilys gramma 10-14-2007 07:19 PM

josie

remember this is a virtual road trip...we don't really need to 'bring' anything...if we want it, we can just 'wish' for it..............

by the way, i will share the moon roof with ya........there will be lots of room.....

m&ms can always find room in the bus......we just found some new ones...peanut butter ones....boy are they good........

liz doesn't know what corn nuts are? i never thought of them as a southern thing, but boy are they hard on the teeth.....

as for the passport... well we can stick you on the top of the bus with allen and the border patrol will probably MISS you both......laffff

come on gang, let's all hop on board............whooo hoooooo

dreambeliever128 10-14-2007 07:49 PM

I haven't had a road trip in sooooo long.

Pick me up in Co. before you pick up Allen. We'll fight over those moonroof, I want to see what's under a kilt too.

I live in apple and peach country so I'll bring those.

Claudia, you don't know what cornnuts are? They are good eating.

I have a pickup, we can load some in the back of it. We just want to remember not to leave the tailgate down so they won't fall out. LOL

I still get to look up that moonroof though.

Ada

emilys gramma 10-14-2007 08:26 PM

ooh ada ..

you nasty girl you...i want to look out the moonroof for the sunshine....not the bottomless kilts...lafff

i know what corn nuts are...liz doesn't....i think they are really really hard on the teeth tho........

let's fill the bus...............

dreambeliever128 10-14-2007 09:07 PM

Like someone else said,

Why do they call it a moonroof. You can look out the sunroof.

I'll bring some Pinon' nuts. I bet you've don't know what they are.

I've just never seen anyone with a kilt on. Someone else wanted to know what was under it. Of course......

Ada

Joselita 10-14-2007 09:50 PM

Hmmmmm.....

"Someone" wanted to know, Huh Ada? :rolleyes:

ROFL! Well, it wasn't ME. I mean..I KNOW what is (or,,,I guess I should say...ISN'T :eek: lolol) under a Scotsman's kilt.

I am more interested in seeing Allen do the Watsui. :p LOL, How do you do that dance, BTW?

As far as me hiding ON TOP of the bus to get into Canada....well....nuthin' doin' with that, CLaudia! We have to think of something else. :o I am DEATHLY afraid of heights!

I know...I will hide under a seat...or something....and Allen can DISTRACT everyone with his gigs and watusis and whatnot! A big old MOON as a finisher would work nicely as a distraction...dontcha think? ;) :D

I am still worried about luggage space. Even for IMAGINARY luggage. I mean....if i have to have clothes for both WARM and COLD weather...well....I am going to have to have quite a few peices of luggage to carry all of my "options" and whatnot...

I mean...a girl has to have OPTIONS, doesn't she? :p ;)

We still need to know who all to pick up. Where's Liz? Marilyn? As far as I can figure, Marilyn will be the next closest to me......unless someone else speaks up for a ride.

I don't think that we are very organized so far. I think that it is ALLEN's fault. He distracted us (erm...me) with all of this kilt stuff...

I going to go find my suitcases. I only took two on the trip this Summer. This is sounding like I am going to need way more than just 2.....;)

dreambeliever128 10-14-2007 10:04 PM

Hi Jose,

I can't believe you don't know what the watusi is. Oh I forgot, I'm the oldie on this ride. Allen probably just saw it on tv.

We need plenty of luggage space for sure. A woman has to have at least 4 outfits to pick from when we go dancing. Allen's got his outfit.

How about Vicc, where's he at? We don't want to forget to pick him up.

We'll let up on Allen, I'm sure his face his lit up enough to dance by moonlight. We keep it up, he'll be pulling that kilt over his head to keep from showing that red face. LOL

Since you're afraid of heights Jose, we'll have to go by way of Pikes Peak. We'll get everyone's adrenalin going for sure.

We still have plenty of room on the bus and I'm sure the men don't want to be outnumbered by the girls.

Ada

Joselita 10-14-2007 10:11 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!! You're Funny!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 (Post 157934)
We still have plenty of room on the bus and I'm sure the men don't want to be outnumbered by the girls.

:ROTFLMAO:!!!

Why...SURE they do, Ada! Why wouldn't they? ;)
(hmmmm. We SERIOULSLY Need a *Wicked Grin* smiley guy....)

emilys gramma 10-14-2007 10:20 PM

boy do i feel old

josie doesn't know what the watusi is? i guess we could hide you under the seats while allen distracts the border patrol........or, heck this is a virtual trip, we can make up some passports on the computer......

i have seen men in kilts....we went to a military ball in canada one year, and they wore kilts.......frank and his unit wore dress blues, but the canadian military men wore kilts.? why, i don't remember...........but we had fun.....lots of jokes that night........

i have no idea what pinon nuts are...is that a midwest food? if it has chocolate, or candy or salt i would probably love it.......

ok...four outfits huh? is that for one day? boy we are gonna need an enclosed trailer to pull for all the clothing........dianelori, stop in orlando and pick up my sons trailer....he uses it for hauling his motorcycles for racing, but we can use it......whoops! he is taking it to jennings (ga) tomorrow for a race...so take your time and sneak it out of the track from him...........actually sneak the whole thing...motorcycles too, then i won't have to worry about his racing.........

ok guys, start packing..............

and remember.....THERE IS NO PAIN ON THIS TRIP........NONE WHATSOEVER...........WE ARE ALL PAINFREE..........that is the best part of this trip................

Joselita 10-14-2007 10:47 PM

Claudia,
Pinon nuts are pine nuts. You can eat them in many ways. You can even grind them up into a type of flour stuff and use it for all kinds of cooking. I think that it is more of a Western thing...those pinons...(wondering if Ada is out shaking pine trees as we speak, to try to get us up enough pinions for our trip. LOL)

Cornnuts...well...I just wanted you all to pick some up because Lis doesn’t know what they are. I myself don’t care much for them, so someone else can have my share. I’m not big on hominy much at all. In fact, the only way that I WILL eat it is as grits. With lots of butter and salt, please (some folks put butter and sugar on them. My kids do. YUCKO! LOL).

I am glad that we can steal...erm...I mean *Borrow* your son’s trailer. Don’t worry..he won’t miss it, I am sure! :ROTFLMAO: Certainly he won’t miss it when he goes to get one of his bikes.......

I hope that Joan has LOTS of Kahlua. Man..do I LOVE that stuff. YUMMMMM!!!
I know...I will trade my share of Corn Nuts for someone’s share of the Kahlua! THAT should work out just fine...fair trade and all. Heh.

I think that DL has gone to bed, and left us all standing out on our respective curb sides, waiting for her to pull up to pick us up. LOL..just as well for me, since I am still trying to get all of my suitcases in order. Good thing that I am not like Meghan, and have about a gazillioin pairs of shoes to go along with all of the different choices of clothing. So...see...it could always be worse. ROFL!

As far as the Watsui goes...I have heard of it. But....I am only 38? And a hippie child at that. Did hippies go around doing Watusis all over the place? Maybe I did see it...if they had it in Dirty Dancing?

:ROTFLMAO:

allentgamer 10-14-2007 11:39 PM

The Watusi!!

Sure do know what the watusi is, and I will make sure the border guards are definately entertained :winky:

Here is a link for those that need a hint to the watusi :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

Man I can hardly wait for the bus to get here. I got my bags packed, and even brought along some 7 up, punch, bacardi rum, slowgin, and wine to mix up with the kahlua. It makes the most awesome punch drink! I mean it really packs a punch LOL.

I dont know where the other guys are, but they is missin out BIG time :p

Vicc 10-15-2007 01:26 AM

Hey! I danced the Watusi...and the mashed potato...and the twist...but I'm probably not that agile anymore...Vic

emilys gramma 10-15-2007 07:55 AM

welcome aboard vicc......

we will ALL be dancing in the bus.....watusi, mashed potato, you like it, you can dance it.......ahhhhhh brings back memories........i love to dance.

josie, pine nuts huh? well, we have hundreds of pine trees, do they come from the pine cones? that is all i see around our trees.......and of course those lovely (sigh) pine needles all around the bottoms of the trees..............

yep, lori must have nodded off, but so did i........but am now ready, packed, and waiting (impatiently) by the side of the road......just swing up I75 and i will be there with the coolers, food, hula skirts, and of course coconut bras for the guys.........

dreambeliever128 10-15-2007 08:52 AM

I'm sitting here waitng for the bus guys and girls,

I have 22 suitcases. So leave all of yours at home Jose. I do like shoes to match my purses and clothes so I have just 2 suitcases of nothing but shoes and handbags. I have 10 with clothes and the other ten are full of snacks. I love to eat.

I was up with a flashlight picking pinon nuts for us. I can't afford to buy them at 12 to 15 bucks a lb. Claudia, they do come out of pine cones but these pine trees look different then regular pine trees. Bill use to love to pick them up. What you have to do is take sheets and lay them on the ground and shake the trees and pick them up one by one off the ground. They are about the size of a pea.

I have some statistics that we can discuss on the trip. Just if we want to get intelecual that is. The watusi and the twist was started on the **** Clarke show which ran from 62 to 87. It's not quite as old of a dance then I was thinking. Hell I remember the jitterbug and the 2 step. Thanks for that dance lesson Allen, now we all know how to do the watusi when we have our dance. You will be able to shake that kilt.

Didn't I see Vicc waiting for us? I thought so.

Wait a minute. Where are we going to land. I might have to pack more suitcases. Hot weather or Cold? Swimming or skiing? or both?

Get those motorcyles girls. I love motorcyles. We can let our hair blow in the wind and enjoy the fresh air. Hold your kilt down Allen.

I want to sit in the front seat of the bus. I need to keep an eye on the driver, especially if we are going to have our dranks. Dranks and Medication, what a mixture.

Ada

Abbie 10-15-2007 09:03 AM

don't forget meeeee....!!!!!
i don't know how to dance...
don't know what kahlua tastes like....
but i will bring my camera so that no one forgets this trip!!!!

:cool:
abbie

emilys gramma 10-15-2007 09:07 AM

ok, so our pine trees don't have the nuts like yours....!!!!!....

1 Attachment(s)
what about acorns? we have thousands of little acorns all around from the huge oak trees too......will those come in handy? if we can't eat them, we can always toss them out the windows at whomever.......lol....

good thing we are nabbing my sons trailer...we will surely need it between you and josie alone..............i added a photo from a motorcycle magazine that he was in, when he was still doing stunts, before he turned to racing...........hey, can i ride his bike that looks like the one HOUSE had in his tv show? you can use his red one...i get his orange one.......

dreambeliever128 10-15-2007 09:18 AM

I'll take the red one.

How many can we get on one? Bill would never ride another one after he went through a gas station and wiped out all of the gas pumps. He had the scar on his chin to remind him. We had one for a while and I loved it.

Hi Abbie, you have to let the driver know where you live so we'll know where to pick you up.

Vicc, don't worry, I have a feeling we will all look really cute doing the watusi or even the two step. It will look like we are moving in slow motion.

We need to pick up Debbie and I think there is another Debbie or two.

Move over on that motorcycle Claudia.

Bring the acorns. We don't have any here. I remember them from down home. We can throw those at drivers that urk us. I have seen people eat them by the way. They are not poison.

I don't know what kaulua is. I am assuming some sort of drink. If it is make me a couple. As I said, I am nervous when I'm not driving. LOL

Ada

Curious 10-15-2007 10:13 AM

i know for a fact that abbie has snacks. bottle caps and tang...and i bet a few boxes of berry cap'n crunch. :D

coachV 10-15-2007 10:16 AM

waaaah-wa-ah-ah-tooosi

head up 95 and get me on your way to maine for mark!

maybe only allen and vicc will get the joke with the way i spelled watusi, but that is how it sounded!.....go, american bandstand!....being a true philly kid, i went to bandstand 2 or 3 times.....lots of fun!

and i DO SO know what corn nuts r....now!......that's recent knowledge, i'll confess...... i saw some in a 7-11 near us.....however, i have never had okra and after listening to jose describe it, i don't intend to change that!

i figure since it will take a while to work your way north, i'll get busy baking....anyone for REAL philadelphia cinnamon buns?....or german butter cake?......i'm staying away from chocolate since i can't eat it, and anyway, it sounds like we have enough as it is!

just let me know when u expect to arrive....i'll have my toothbrush packed!

liz

dreambeliever128 10-15-2007 10:18 AM

Ok Curious, what's a bottle cap?

Do we eat them or put them back on the tang when we get done with them?

Abbie, are you holding out on us girl. If you don't share, we'll be throwing those acorns at you. LOL

Ada

Curious 10-15-2007 10:25 AM

candy.

http://re3.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/2095529493

:D

emilys gramma 10-15-2007 11:52 AM

whhhoooo hoooooo

1 Attachment(s)
liz is comin, liz is comin........

any kind of candy is wonderful.....liz oh my gosh, start that oven up.......i love baked goodies..........(see if ya can make me a separtate container...i don't want to share them.....lol....just kidding)

bill wiped out on a motorcycle huh?? my son has much scarring on his back, legs, etc....from wipeouts.....i am grateful he is out of the stuntriding, but racing isn't much better......grrrrrrr
here is one with him facing backwards while riding it....grrrrrrrrrr

okra, yep liz, just plain yuckkkk......

kalula is an alcoholic drink many folks add coffee with it..........

wine coolers are about as strong as i will drink..........but give me the food and i am good to go..................................

welcome abbie.....hop on board............

you too curious..........welcome aboard......

dreambeliever128 10-15-2007 12:26 PM

Hey Liz,

You mentioned buns and I head to the kitchen and grab me one. Blew my diet out of the water. LOL

Claudia, That is a neat picture of your son. Since he's no longer into that kind of racing I will tell this joke.

This man was going to take a motorcycle ride so he put his coat on backward to break the wind. After he got a little ways he had hit a ditch and turned over.

Another guy comes along to give him aid after calling the police. When the police got at the scene the man was dead.

The cop asked the other man what happened to him, it was a minor accident. The other guy says, well I don't know what happened to him. He was alive until I turned his head around.

I bet those bottle caps are sour aren't they. I can't do sour. For some reason sour is multiplied to me in candy. We will just use them to put back on our drinks.

Claudia, I don't drink either but I just figured if I'm going to let someone else drive me, I want to be loaded. LOL

Ada

Jomar 10-15-2007 12:34 PM

If ya swing by Oregon you can pick me up too.. sounds like a blast!
I can ride a motorcycle but would rather ride a horse, can we squeeze a nice horse into the trailer?

Abbie 10-15-2007 05:53 PM

bottle caps... they come in orange, grape, cherry, cola, and rootbeer flavor. I think the cherry is a bit sour but the rest are not... they are supposed to be soda flavor... hense the bottle cap name.

Curious...how did you know i had these??? I just bought a bunch... and tang too. As far as the Cap N' Crunch... yep... have that too. Also have Lucky Charms and Frosted Mini Wheats. I promise to share...just don't hit me with any acorns... those things hurt!!! :eek:

As far as picking me up... just let me know which way ya'll are headin and I'll meet ya along the way...

Curious 10-15-2007 06:06 PM

:hug: the monkey knows you very well. :D...and she knows where you keep your stash. :p

texas...don't forget to pick me up in texas.