NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Linen Day (second try) (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/51416-linen-day-try.html)

Blessings2You 08-04-2008 05:09 PM

Linen Day (second try)

Another one of those questions you don't dare ask your friends. (Because they'll LIE to you).

How often do you change your bed sheets?

jprinz99 08-04-2008 05:18 PM

I selected when I think of it, but I try for every week or so. Since cog fog hits I can forget IF I did what I meant to do - thus it may be 2 weeks or 2 days

Fortunately the dog hair will let me know if they need to see the washer before we hit the ick level.

megveg 08-04-2008 05:26 PM

I dont change my sheets often, but when I feel like theyre getting gross I do...

so every 2-3 weeks usually.

SandyC 08-04-2008 05:31 PM

I'm a weekly changer. Sooner if needed.

AfterMyNap 08-04-2008 05:38 PM

Tuesdays. Always Tuesdays.

tovaxin_lab_rat 08-04-2008 05:45 PM

Wednesdays.

AfterMyNap 08-04-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 339160)
Wednesdays.

Well, that's just wrong.

tovaxin_lab_rat 08-04-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 339162)
Well, that's just wrong.

That's the day the cleaning lady comes. :p

Dejibo 08-04-2008 06:41 PM

FRidays. always fridays. its laundry day. If my appointments over run the day, it moves to Saturday, but most of the time its Friday. I wash the bath mats, and towels then too (kitchen towels included)

I asked a friend of mine how often she changed hers when I went to visit and the dang things crawled off the bed and wimpered at me. "once a week or so" she said. Yeah, right... RUN AWAY! remind me to bring a sleeping bag if I stay the night. :eek:

Bannet 08-04-2008 06:48 PM

Every day is laudry day at my house:eek: but I change my sheets at least once a week.

I love the fresh smell of clean sheets!

AfterMyNap 08-04-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dejibo (Post 339188)
FRidays. always fridays. its laundry day. If my appointments over run the day, it moves to Saturday, but most of the time its Friday. I wash the bath mats, and towels then too (kitchen towels included)

I asked a friend of mine how often she changed hers when I went to visit and the dang things crawled off the bed and wimpered at me. "once a week or so" she said. Yeah, right... RUN AWAY! remind me to bring a sleeping bag if I stay the night. :eek:

*pushing toward front*

Wait a minute! Are you saying that bathmats bathroom towels, and kitchen towels go... *gulp*... into the same load!?!:eek:

*running out of thread*

Curious 08-04-2008 07:11 PM

:eek:

i thought the same thing cindy. :o i'm picky about laundry..vacuuming too...and my closets.

heck..i don't even wash hubby's clothes with mine or hang them up together. :D

i'm an atleast once a week person. in the summer 2x.

SallyC 08-04-2008 08:38 PM

When Company is coming..:D

I will not sleep on sheets that have been slept on by someone else.............Ewwwwwww.

MSacorn 08-04-2008 09:38 PM

I've got dust mite allergies and my asthma/choking cough let me know if I'm close to a week. Hot water all bedding, shams, and blankets weekly. What a pain. That is how I spend my Mondays.

I'm supposed to have special mattress, pillows, etc coverings. But we're talking 100's of dollars. Maybe I should take up a collection.

I see the allergist again tomorrow. TG

:hug:

Becky21 08-04-2008 09:44 PM

With a dog and cat sleeping with me, I have to change sheets at least once a week. They think they are letting me sleep in their bed. LOL

Erin524 08-05-2008 12:48 AM

usually during the months that begin with a vowel.

:eek: :rolleyes: :holysheep: :paperbag: :Oops: :mfr_wha: :Speechless: :Zzzz:

soxmom 08-05-2008 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bannet (Post 339193)
Every day is laudry day at my house:eek: but I change my sheets at least once a week.

I love the fresh smell of clean sheets!

me too to all of what you said Beth.:) I just wish my durn arms didnt
hurt after changing them. I try to do one a day(we have 5 beds here)
and take the weekend off. If I tried to do them all in one day....my
arms would fall off.:eek:

Kitty 08-05-2008 07:11 AM

It kills my arms to change sheets on the bed so I often have to get my son(s) to help me. I will wash the sheets on their beds but they have to remake the bed. My bed is a California King (waaaay too big :() and it takes me a long time to remake it but I love the smell and feel of fresh, clean sheets.

For anyone who is interested......QVC has the best deals on the best sheets ever made. Northern Nights sheets are amazing - and they usually have super specials on them really often. I got a Cal King set (with 2 pillow cases) for $38!! 450 TC sateen sheets. You can't beat that.

Dejibo 08-05-2008 07:20 AM

Nope, the mats have a wash all their own. then the towels have a wash all their own. then the sheets have a wash all thier own.

years ago the hubby had athl feet, and I freaked out! I got him the kind of bath mat that doesnt have the rubber backing on it, and once a week they go into a HOT wash with bleach. he hasnt shown any signs of it for years and years, but I never stopped the washing.

I too need help changing the sheets. As long as the DH puts the bottoms sheets on, I am good to go. Bed is my retreat, so its always plush and nice.

I am quite fussy about things, and well clean is a way of life round here. I even got one of them rainbow vacuums. pulls air through water, so no dirt goes back out into the air, it gets trapped in the water.

btw he has HIS bathroom, and I have MINE! Men even when pretty clean, can trash a bathroom. Best gift he ever gave me. a private retreat. ah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 339205)
*pushing toward front*

Wait a minute! Are you saying that bathmats bathroom towels, and kitchen towels go... *gulp*... into the same load!?!:eek:

*running out of thread*

yeahbut 08-05-2008 07:42 AM

Once a week. I am very picky when it comes to laundry - jeans together, whites, colors together. Towels separate - sheets separate.

Bets 08-05-2008 08:40 AM

When they start to turn yellow:p

msarkie 08-05-2008 08:42 AM

My mom always made me make my bed every morning, and change the sheets once a week. Now I have that as my ideal, but the reality is slightly different! I feel guilty when mom tells me about washing sheets by hand in the creek, hanging them out to dry, and then IRONING them!

Chris 08-05-2008 08:57 AM

I DON'T change them. My husband does; every Saturday.:D We have a California King also, Kelly, and I can't do it by myself, so he does all the towels and sheets on the weekends, and I do all the clothing, and misc. items during the week.:)

Earl 08-05-2008 10:23 AM

May I ask another question?? if so...

I change once a week, we do all laundry on Saturday (Weekday it's too much money in electricity, Sunday's I am rather "busy" ya know, occupational hazard)

My question is how often do you do your comforter, or bedspread? and in addition how often do you replace it?

We have two sets of sheets for our bed, and one comforter, we wash the comforter once every 3 months or so (means a trip to the laundrymat to use the BIG machines) but want to replace it. It is 4 years old.

so, 1) how often do you wash the bedspread and 2) when do you replace it?

SallyC 08-05-2008 10:56 AM

I do a bunch of sleeping on my sofa and I cover it with a freshly cleaned (plain, light, earthtone, sheet like) comforter once a week...on Saturday.

Actually it looks very nice...not bed like. I have several, as they are not the thick expensive kind and they start to wear after several washings.

Works for me, but, then, I'm alone now.. :D DH would not have gone for it..LOL!!

dmplaura 08-05-2008 11:09 AM

My mom would wash mine every 2 weeks. They were always fresh. I just do them monthly now. I don't sweat while I'm sleeping, I usually bathe before bed, so the sheets don't get stinky before I wash them.

Chris 08-05-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl (Post 339574)
I change once a week, we do all laundry on Saturday (Weekday it's too much money in electricity, Sunday's I am rather "busy" ya know, occupational hazard)

My question is how often do you do your comforter, or bedspread? and in addition how often do you replace it?

We have two sets of sheets for our bed, and one comforter, we wash the comforter once every 3 months or so (means a trip to the laundrymat to use the BIG machines) but want to replace it. It is 4 years old.

so, 1) how often do you wash the bedspread and 2) when do you replace it?

Earl, we sleep with a comforter or feather bed as we refer to them in Europe. I've never used a top sheet, so we wash the comforter or feather bed at least once every two months. I suppose one would not need to if one used a top sheet, but since we are sleeping directly below the feather bed (comforter), I feel it needs a washing quite often.

ewizabeth 08-05-2008 04:04 PM

When I think of it, but we also bathe at night so we're squeaky clean at bedtime. :p If company comes, they get all fresh and clean everything. I change the kitchen towels every day.