NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   migraine - i may not be around much... (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/105997-migraine.html)

waves 10-18-2009 04:12 PM

migraine - i may not be around much...

i'm having one of my regular migraines. they typically last about 36 hours, but they can run up to 3 days. other times the pain remits but i have residual photosensitivity for that long.

medication is working (whew) for now, and i am using shades for the computer, but this was a really nasty one. i don't want to risk getting the pain back between doses. so this is basically a hit and run visit, to let you guys know that i may not be around much the next few days.

:grouphug: for the room :grouphug:

talk to you all again as soon as i can. ;)

~ waves ~

BlueMajo 10-18-2009 06:10 PM

Oh my God !!!

I experience migraines too dear waves !!! they are awful !!!! :mad:

Thank God your medicine is working... just sleep and rest while it is over... :hug:

Take care and see you soon when you are feeling better.

Pamster 10-18-2009 07:25 PM

Thanks for letting us know so we wouldn't worry. Hope they go away soon waves! :D

Dmom3005 10-18-2009 08:22 PM

Waves

Migraines are totally miserary so please take care of yourself.

Sending you gentle hugs.

Donna

bizi 10-18-2009 08:39 PM

i am sorry that you are having yet another migraine...so sorry that you have to deal with them at all.
((((((quiet gentle in darkness hugs))))))
bizi

Mari 10-18-2009 11:53 PM

Dear Waves,

Oh. Oh.
You are kind to post to us.
I hope the migraine stuff abates.
'Sending you good vibes for head clearing.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

M.

Isis 10-19-2009 02:07 AM

Thats dreadful Waves.
Hope you get better soon

Hockey 10-19-2009 05:47 AM

I'm sorry you are in so much pain. We'll keep your seat warm until you feel well enough to come back. You just worry about taking care of yourself.:hug:

waves 10-19-2009 01:11 PM

still going

thanks everyone. it is still going. with the meds and dark shades i'm ok for a little tv-watching. however the white edit backgrounds make it harder to use email and post so my computer activity is limited.

i hope to be back tomorrow. :o

:grouphug:

~ waves ~

Isis 10-21-2009 12:46 AM

Waves, I have set the Neurotallk website in Desert Sand. Very soothing. Try it. There are a couple of others that you may prefer, but this I thought was the kindest to the eye.
Get better soon. 'keeping my fingers crossed.

Mari 10-21-2009 02:15 AM

HI, Isis,
I changed the web site to Desert Sand after reading your post.
I was using Spring.
I like the desert.

Mari

Isis 10-21-2009 09:51 AM

I love the pink/mauve/lilac detailing

Cool, isn't it. I am sure it will be good for Waves.

waves 10-21-2009 02:27 PM

checking in

hi everyone

thanks Isis - this is definitely better. dunno what you mean about lilac/mauve detailing - i don't have any, but that's just as well. beiges/browns better.

however the first migraine was a b**** and was immediately followed by another on the other side, so i am still KO, and by now feeling pretty exhausted.

using a new NSAID and not quite used to managing the doses/timing yet... sigh. it's so much cheaper even than aspirin though - i have to learn.

talk to you guys... soon i hope

((( :grouphug: for the room :grouphug: )))

~ waves ~

Mari 10-22-2009 01:04 AM

Hi, Waves,

I hope you feel stronger soon from the KO.
Stay rested. You seem to be following the steps that you know you need to do.
Yes. Talk to us when you can. :hug: :heartthrob: :hug:

M.

Isis 10-22-2009 01:12 AM

Sorry Waves, I meant the Fuschia/pink/ orange that the envelopes are done in.

waves 10-22-2009 08:35 AM

doing better today

doing a bit better today.

still have residual sinus symptoms with a very mild migraine (this is #3, as it is has returned to the first side). i am not going to tolerate it since i can't keep chucking gobs of indomethacin down me or it will eat my guts. i am at that time of the month so migraines are ... inevitable. but i should be in the clear pretty quick here. this month was unusually bad.

i guess you can probably tell i feel better by the acronym thread i just spewed out. i tried to look for one, but couldn't find one. hopefully it is not a duplicate. Ha! If so, buncha typing for nuthin' i guess, joke's on me.

ah well. skipped my reruns this morning. was not amenable to tv-viewing. waiting for full remission to have a shower too.

~ waves ~

DiMarie 10-22-2009 09:46 AM

Sorry to hear about the migraines Waves, I did not know, but am glad that it is leaving up a bit.

When we came down with that flu bug it started with headaches and sore throat. Avoided the messiest of symptoms with flu's though.
Really exhausted.

I hope that each hour brings less pain.
Di

waves 10-22-2009 01:34 PM

yippeeeeeee!

finally migraine freeeeeeeee!!!!

WHEW!!!! (wipes brow!)

HA! Wow. i can shake my head now!
...ugh, wait, that makes me dizzy.
...but that's NORMAL! :p:D:rolleyes: Yeah!!!

Ahhh... and tonight is Dr. House!!! :):):)

~ waves ~ who has shed the shades at long last!

BlueMajo 10-23-2009 01:56 AM

Awesome !!!!

Hate migraines...

Glad that you are free of them ! :hug:

Mari 10-23-2009 03:51 AM

Dear Waves,
I'm glad that your head is well again. :)
Embrace your head being happy.

M.

waves 10-23-2009 09:33 AM

aww heck not again

what i thought was just sinus today seems like it's another migraine - switched sides again, too.

migraines can cause vasoconstriction and sinus problems... sigh. but i think the reverse is true too, so maybe the cold got me stuffed up in the night... inflamed trigeminal nerve... triggered migraine? :Sigh: too wiped out to read up, and have seen conflicting information anyway.

i took actifed and coffee (both act as decongestant and vasoconstrictor) and 500mg aspirin this is worse than yesterday when i did not medicate. throbs like gangbusters when i walk. (it still isn't as bad as the the first 3 days, so no indomethacin).

sigh. yelled victory too soon. heck. darn. knickerbockers! :rolleyes::(

~ waves ~

Mari 10-24-2009 02:37 AM

Dear Waves, :hug: :hug: :hug:
'Sending you vibes for migraine free days.
M.