NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Epilepsy (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/)
-   -   Temporal lobectomy (https://www.neurotalk.org/epilepsy/109823-temporal-lobectomy.html)

Darlene 12-07-2009 02:07 AM

Temporal lobectomy

This coming Thursday I will be going into sugery for a Left Temporal lobectomy at Parkland in Dallas. I ask if you will keep me on your prayer list. :hug:

Porkette 12-07-2009 07:53 PM

Hi Darlene,
My prayers are with you that you will be sz. free after the surgery. I wish you only the best of luck. I will let you know that I had the same surgery done only on the right temporal lobe and the Dr. used ultra sound to destroy scar tissue in that area. After the surgery I had a headache and back ache for a few days not to mention I heard a lot of crackeling in my ears and that was extra spinal fluid that hadn't completely drained out of my ears. You will have to eat soft foods for awhile because it will hurt to chew foods and I wasn't allowed to sleep on the right side of my head for 6 months. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Be With You. Sending God's Blessings to You!

Sue

Tiger_lilly07 12-11-2009 10:38 PM

[Thinking and praying for you!!! [/B]

dogwood 12-12-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene (Post 597259)
This coming Thursday I will be going into sugery for a Left Temporal lobectomy at Parkland in Dallas. I ask if you will keep me on your prayer list. :hug:

You"ll be in good hand as people will be praying for you. I had a temporal lobectomy in 2000 and Iam so thankful .

Darlene 12-22-2009 09:41 AM

The surgery took place on the 10th of the month. I was dismiss on the the 13th and my DH brought me back that day. It has been going pretty good, but I have to get headache medicine very offend.

It is going to be a while before I am here for a while. I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Darlene
:hug:

Porkette 12-22-2009 08:06 PM

Hi Darlene,
Welcome back to the forum it's great to hear from you again. I had terrible headaches and back pain for 3 months after my surgery and I was also exhausted for about 2 months. I praise God that you are doing well and are home. I will continue to pray for you and May God Bless You!

Sue

If you need anything feel free to ask.

waves 12-24-2009 12:07 PM

Wishing you well Darlene

Sending my bestest wishes your way Darlene... that you recover fully from the after effects of surgery and that it leaves you seizure free!

'fraid i have not been making the rounds lately... so i missed this thread before your surgery.

Also a Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. :)

~ waves ~

Darlene 01-29-2010 01:15 AM

Thank you

I am feeling pretty good at this time. I have gone 50 days without having a seizure. If fact my last one was the night before the surgery. And still keep me in your prayers, please. I will go back and see my surgeon on 2/19. Thank you all for the many prayers.

Darlene:hug:

Porkette 01-29-2010 01:59 PM

Hi Darlene,
I will continue to keep you in my prayers, I'm so happy to hear that you haven't had a single sz. since the surgery. I wish you only the best and that you are sz. free for life. May God Bless You!

Sue

Tiger_lilly07 02-04-2010 02:03 PM

Hi Darlene!! So glad to hear your doing well!!! I've had three brain surgeries (right Temp) I had headaches too but I guess that can be expected considering the type of surgery. You are in my thought's and prayers!!! Take Care and God Bless You!!!

shezbut 02-05-2010 04:11 PM

Darlene,

I hope that your headaches ease soon and you slowly get better & better. My LTL surgery was in 3/06, and I recall jaw pain took about 5 months to disappear. Horrible headaches lasted a while but they did grow less intense as time passed and not day in and day out either. I began taking Maxalt, for migraines, a year or so after my surgery.

I think that the first 3 months after my surgery were very physically challenging. The emotional impact struck about 1 month after the surgery. There were very high "highs" and deep "lows" that lasted a few weeks. I did develop major depression in that period of recovery, which I shared with my epileptologist at the 3 month check-up. If you find yourself in that deep low, speak up to your doctor quickly.

You are in my thoughts, take care!
Shez

Tattoo2 02-25-2010 06:06 PM

I wish you good luck too. You will be my thoughts. I had the surgery on the right side 11 years ago and have not lost conaciousness since. I have decreased my med to almost half the dose. I am very glad I did it and wish I had done it much earlier. Better late than never though. Take care and visit soon. No problems after, and they didn't shave my head except where the incisions were to be. I did it by myself too. I'd do it again if needed provided I had the same team team. They were great. Tattoo

Darlene 02-28-2010 01:24 AM

Thanks for the care you have shown to me, Tattoo. This is one great group of people here in our group. They didn't shsve my head much at least know one except my family have seen the scare on my head.

I went at saw the doctor who preformed the sugery back on the 19th of Feb., He gave discharge and just ask me to send him and his fellow doctors how I am doing.

I will agree if I had to do something like that again I want the same doctors and nurses.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Darlene

Darlene 03-21-2010 01:14 AM

I was wanting to let you all know that I have made it straight to 100 days since my last seizure. I saw the surgeon last month and he dismissed me, so I am only seeing my neuro here in town, he is good. Some days I have to pitch myself to see if I am asleep. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

southie 03-24-2010 09:01 PM

How are you feeling altogether now Darlene? I am
thrilled to know that everything went exceptionally
well with you!

:D

Darlene 03-25-2010 12:56 AM

I am feeling pretty good. It is great to go without having seizues, and I hope they won't come back. I was talking to my sister the other day and of the many things she said was, won't it nice if our parents were here to see what has happen. It took me 45 years find my soluntion.

Tattoo2 04-01-2010 08:59 PM

Glad to see you doing so well. Also thank you for sharing that you had your surgery later in life like I did. I think that's what I understood. I was 47 at the time, and since that time I have made more forward progress than I did in the many years before. I is amazing and took some adjusting.
Do keep us posted and go forward with your life. Do all those things you may have wanted to do but didn't because epilepsy stopped you. The world may have more open doors for you now or at least you may be more aware of them now, and it is your choice to walk through them or not to. In my case, I want to walk through every open door that offers itself. I can always turn around and come back out. That also is a choice. Congrats on what seems like a successful surgery. Tattoo

Darlene 06-08-2010 01:08 AM

Check-up

Today I went to see my neuro. and he smile from ear to ear when told him that it has been 180 days since my last spell. After my examination he told me I was in great health. So I will see him in December and if everything keeps going good he will start to wing me off of meds. He has two other patients here in town that have been removed completely off medicine and are doing wonderful.

It was kind of funny since my granddaughter sneak in to see what he and his assistant were doing to me during the testing, and told them someone had their eyes on them.

I really what to thank you all for the prayers and thoughts you have given me during this time, and I am saying I am leaving, because I have too many friends here. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Darlene

Tattoo2 06-08-2010 11:16 AM

I am glad we were able to help you during this time. I had a mentor of sorts to listen to me and answer questions. I consider her a gift to help me go forward with that part of my life that got me where I am today.
I have since had opportunity to do that for others, and I am sure you will find that to be true for you as well. There does come a time when what we have gained will have to be given away in order to realize and keep all the good that can come from what we have received. It makes us responsible for teaching others. Tattoo