NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Creative Corner (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/)
-   -   Could you please comment on my water-paint ? (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/113601-please-comment-water-paint.html)

BlueMajo 02-01-2010 10:45 PM

Could you please comment on my water-paint ?

1 Attachment(s)
Hey !

could you please help me with suggestions ?? should I put more shadows ??

anything to make it better ?

Thanks !!! :)

redtail 02-03-2010 04:05 AM

Hi Blue,

well I think you are very talented!!!! the most I can manage is a stick figure, if I try hard enough. I'm not such a good critic, but yes maybe more shadowing would help, just don't ask me where!!!
I think its brilliant anyway
Kate

vini 02-04-2010 10:45 AM

no wrong or right

hi looks just fine to me, it has a mood of its own

there is no wrong or right way I feel with art

the ideal is always allusive, for me

thanks for sharing

BlueMajo 02-07-2010 11:14 PM

Thanks ! :winky:

Leesa 03-16-2010 01:16 AM

Hi BlueMajo ~ I'm a painter, drawer myself and you are TALENTED! I really like the expression on the face. I don't know if I'd add TOO much more shadowiing, but maybe a little. I think I WOULD work on the hair, tho and try to make it look a little more real. But this is really GOOD!

Thanks for showing it to us! God bless. Peace, Lee :)

freebird 05-17-2011 02:33 PM

I'm not an artist, but I don't think it needs anything more at all. Nice work!

BlueCarGal 08-17-2011 10:39 PM

Oh, BlueMajo!

:heartthrob:This is stunning! Dramatic, hypnotic. The best I've seen of your work, IMO. Wow.
What dimensions? What surface?

:rolleyes:
C.G.
. . . a work still in progress

bhanlon 08-24-2011 08:00 PM

fantastic painting

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMajo (Post 616887)
Hey !

Beautiful art. I think it's really well done, the only constructive criticism i can give is to have more contrast between the face and background, but you are clearly a better artist that me. Best of health.

-Ben

BlueCarGal 08-24-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Hey !

It seems just right to me, at least as much as I can tell from the thumbprint. Shading/shadows define it, so you know whether they capture what you want to express. How large is the work?

Vonn07 09-02-2011 08:55 PM

it's awesome ... are you building a portfolio?? you could display at banks, pharmacies (no kidding - some guy has 5-6 photos at mine!) ... depending on how long it takes you - you can set up at art shows and sketch someone there!! and/or paint ...

you've opened a wonderful world ... keep painting!!! you do marvelous work and detail ... congrats!

curlydawg 09-02-2011 09:54 PM

Very nice!!!

Buttercup40 09-09-2011 11:09 AM

Hi Blue, I think it's a lovely piece of work!
I cant draw for toffee myself, but as far as the shading goes I think it's perfect!
I perticularly like the part just below the nose to just under the mouth. Those lips are perfect.
Respect
Buttercup :)

hgrace 09-30-2011 06:35 PM

Wow :)

I think it's hauntingly beautiful. Someone made a comment about the realism of the hair, and I guess that's true. More shading would create more of a dark quality, but it depends on what you're trying to achieve there. Good luck to you, you're a talented artist, so take ALL of our words as people on the outside, looking in :) Heather

GaryA 09-30-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Hey !

Very nice.

kiwicafe 10-22-2011 11:39 PM

Art Critique

Quote:

Hey !

Great as is, very Van Gogh like, keep it simple and explore all artists you like. I film, photograph and write however my muse is Cezanne for how explored light and also the same subject over and over. Here is a friend of mine in LA, inspirational . . .*edit* and by the way, Mexico has some great artists well worth exploring, I especially like Leonora Carrington. Good luck and please, keep posting, Richard.

BlueCarGal 11-01-2011 11:32 PM

It's great as it is.

HydroWife 11-02-2011 04:22 AM

I really like it just as it is. Well done. Talented.

bizi 12-05-2011 12:07 PM

dear blue, I did not know that you are an artist! HOw cool is that!
bizi

Dmom3005 12-05-2011 02:25 PM

Beautiful, is all I can say.

I can't figure out how to get pictures to come on. I will know how and then not.

Ugh.:grouphug:

BlueMajo 12-23-2011 02:51 AM

OMG OMG OMG !!!!!

How on earth could I miss this thread I started almost 2 years ago !? Silly me !!!

All your words are the MOST BEAUTIFUL thing I have heard in AGES !!! Aw... I have my eyes full of tears...

It is like my art has never been appreciated until now and... aw.... :o Im so touched !!!!

Thank you so so much for all your words !!! I just made some more that I want to share with you.... (will post soon)

And dear BCG, I dont know its precise size, but it is more or less like a 15" lap top.... :)

:grouphug: and love to all !

libra 03-18-2012 07:47 AM

I think your portrait is very nice, love the placement of head on paper and how it is cropped. Have you ever heard of Wet Canvas? It is a site for artists of all kinds and they will critique and compliment you on your work. Plus there are online tutorials availbable and all kinds of resources. Here is the link:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/

Smiley67 01-16-2013 02:55 PM

Love your Work

I wish I could do that ! I think it fine just the way it is.

BetsyAnn 01-16-2013 07:29 PM

That is awesome :D I wish I could draw. I would have probably preferred a bit more drama in the face shading/darker shadows, but then I can't draw so what do I know? LOL

BlueMajo 06-27-2013 12:12 PM

Hey !!

thank you so much for your comments !!! really appreaciate them all !!!

I will check wet canvas !! thanks a lot !!

:hug: