NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   The Good Wife (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/116397-wife.html)

gonnamakeit 03-10-2010 01:11 PM

The Good Wife

Anyone besides me want to whack the son, who seems to be a clone of his dad?

gmi

tkrik 03-10-2010 01:13 PM

What is his deal? Even worse the girl's deal? I loved it when that guy gave her a talking to. She so needed that. You think she would leave the son alone after that but she didn't!

Debbie D 03-10-2010 01:31 PM

I just LOVE this show!!!
I told my DH last night, "There's something up with that Will...he seems to have a hidden evil streak..."
what a stupid boy that son is...:mad: needs a slap upside the head...

barb02 03-10-2010 01:45 PM

I love it too. I recorded last night's show. I think that Will definitley seems evil!

Kitt 03-10-2010 02:09 PM

It's one of our favorite shows. Love it:winky:

SallyC 03-10-2010 07:04 PM

Me toooooo!!:d

ewizabeth 03-10-2010 10:30 PM

I love this show too but missed most of last night. I'll have to catch the details in the reruns. :Popcorn:

doydie 03-10-2010 10:39 PM

I love the show. It's one of my must sees. I pretty much put all shows from 9 PM on the DVR. So I haven't watched it yet. I spend so much time on the computer I turn the TV off at 9 PM. I get to bed about midnight. Of course with me going to the Y every morning I am going to bed even earlier!

pud's friend 03-10-2010 11:45 PM

I wanted to watch this but never managed the first show. It's all a bit confusing now so have given up.

Anyone know what's happening with Flash Forward? Has it ended on a low? Cancelled? Flopped?

Judy2 03-11-2010 04:31 AM

:) I love it toooo!!! ) Yes, I agree that the son needs a good slap!! He reminds me of my daughter when she was around his age -- must be a teenager thing -- Jekyll & Hyde. What's the current name they call girls like his girlfriend? Used to be "Preppy" or "Valley Girl" or ???? Suppose she's going to end up pregnant being he couldn't find those "things" in the purple wrapper!

The legal stuff is fascinating too. Call this one of the "intelligent" programs that doesn't insult your intelligence like so many others. Love Law and Order and L&O: SUV also! :)

tamiloo 03-11-2010 04:42 AM

I can think of all kind of things to do to him...can't mention them here however this can speak for itself!!
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j.../10_13_221.gif

freeinhou 03-11-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonnamakeit (Post 631055)
Anyone besides me want to whack the son, who seems to be a clone of his dad?

gmi

I was scratching my head wondering what I had missed...

Then I read a couple threads and realized you're talking about a TV show.

The twilight zone...

Tom

Becky21 03-11-2010 10:13 AM

I love "The Good Wife"!! Chris Noth is so sexy!!!;) Julianna is excellent and deserved the Emmy so I was really glad she won. I sent CBS an email after the show started to tell them I loved the show.:)

Dejibo 03-11-2010 10:23 AM

I have managed to escape this one so far. I had big plans to watch it, and then...ms kicked in, and I forgot it.

sounds like a blast. :cool:

tkrik 03-11-2010 11:01 AM

For those of you that missed an episode(s), you can go to the CBS website and watch it online. I do that a lot when I miss it for what ever reason.

I also go to ABC's website to watch Castle if I miss that. (I love that show as well - too funny sometimes).

gonnamakeit 03-11-2010 11:43 AM

If she takes back the jerk of a husband I will be screaming at the set! She doesn't need this creep.

But then, I am not a "stand by my man" kind of girl.

gmi

SallyC 03-11-2010 01:05 PM

They have to get back together, GMI, or the show will end.:eek: I don't know who came up with this idea for a storyline, but he/she/they are genius-es.:cool:

All of the characters are interesting, Noth's Mother, even the Bimbo, who helped frame him.:D

Yes, I also never get tired of watching L&O and L&O SUV. :cool:

doydie 03-11-2010 10:18 PM

Wow, I have got to put this show at the top of my 'to watch' on my DVR. I've got about 15 hours of one hour programs on it.

I think Flash Forward comes back some time in April. That was another real good one.

Becky21 03-12-2010 11:52 PM

My knees would buckle and I would give in to Chris Noth. LOL :wink: He is HOT and deserves another chance.:p:p

SallyC 03-13-2010 02:33 PM

I still enjoy watching Noth on the L&O reruns.:p

gonnamakeit 03-13-2010 05:36 PM

This show is so into what we have been reading about with politician types for years.

Guess I hope she turns out to be more like Gov Sanfords wife who packed up her 4 kids and divorced the old clunker after he talked so much about his Argentinian "soul mate".

gmi

legzzalot 03-13-2010 06:59 PM

oh come on. they are going to get back together, she is going to sleep with will, in the mean time you will find out the kid's girlfriend is related to the hooker, Cary is going to blackmail the other two after he finds out they slept together and Kalinda will finally come out of the closet!

Then the daughter is going to get mixed up in drugs, or become pregnant and it will bridge the gap between hubby and wife and then....

Just my prediction.

Oh and Dianne is going to get together with the redneck republican ballistics guy form a few episodes ago.

gonnamakeit 03-13-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legzzalot (Post 632324)
oh come on. they are going to get back together, she is going to sleep with will, in the mean time you will find out the kid's girlfriend is related to the hooker, Cary is going to blackmail the other two after he finds out they slept together and Kalinda will finally come out of the closet!

Then the daughter is going to get mixed up in drugs, or become pregnant and it will bridge the gap between hubby and wife and then....

Just my prediction.

Oh and Dianne is going to get together with the redneck republican ballistics guy form a few episodes ago.

There you go ruining the end for us!!

gmi

doydie 03-13-2010 11:13 PM

What happens to Grandma?

legzzalot 03-14-2010 12:26 AM

oh grandma gets strangled to death. I don't know by who yet. LOL

Honestly I have no clue what's going to happen in this show, but I do like it. Aside from the overbearing Democratic imagery. :rolleyes:

SallyC 03-14-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legzzalot (Post 632404)
I do like it. Aside from the overbearing Democratic imagery. :rolleyes:

Splain what you mean by that or is it too political?

legzzalot 03-14-2010 12:43 PM

I mean they are very anti republican in the show. Which is why I like the ballistics guy.

The 14 yr old girl's room has a wall dedicated to Obama propaganda. I only remember this because I made the comment ot my mom who was atching with me "how many 14 yr old girls do you know who are THAT political?". And at least once in every episode it shoots to the picture of Dianne and Hilary Clinton. And there was the one episode (with the ballistics guy) that was overbearing on the Palin bashing.

SallyC 03-14-2010 12:50 PM

I guess I must just ignore that stuff..LOL. I hate Politics...It gets in the way of real life.:rolleyes:

gonnamakeit 03-14-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legzzalot (Post 632523)
I mean they are very anti republican in the show. Which is why I like the ballistics guy.

The 14 yr old girl's room has a wall dedicated to Obama propaganda. I only remember this because I made the comment ot my mom who was atching with me "how many 14 yr old girls do you know who are THAT political?". And at least once in every episode it shoots to the picture of Dianne and Hilary Clinton. And there was the one episode (with the ballistics guy) that was overbearing on the Palin bashing.

I hadn't noticed any of this stuff!! Guess the promoters are wasting their time trying to push their views my way!

gmi

legzzalot 03-14-2010 03:30 PM

It was the advertising & marketing classes I took in college. We used to have to watch certiain shows or movies and see if we could spot all of the ads that most people don't notice. Example: Pepsi is a huge marketer in movies, and on television but you don't see as many Pepsi commercials as coke. Yet, they spend about the same amount each year on advertising.

Edy's ice cream is another one that pays insane amounts of money to show up in scenes during a show and in the movies.

Just one of those things I notice, since I was forced to look for them. It's kind of habit now, weird I guess.

Hockey 03-14-2010 06:18 PM

The show is set in Chicago, so maybe they think all the Obama stuff gives at atmosphere. By the way, I never noticed it, so whatever its intent, it was lost on me.

Cheers

tkrik 03-16-2010 06:39 PM

It was lost on me too! Poor writers, trying to make statements that many of us missed. LOL But, I give them an A on plot, characters, setting, etc.

SallyC 03-16-2010 06:54 PM

An hour of American Idol and then, The Good Wife...yayyyyyyyy!:)

ewizabeth 03-16-2010 08:19 PM

I think it's going to be a good episode tonight. I hope I can stay awake until then! :)

SallyC 03-16-2010 10:54 PM

Fan, fan, fan....HOT tonight..:p

gonnamakeit 03-17-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 633461)
Fan, fan, fan....HOT tonight..:p

She really needs to have her neck rung. Disappointment big time!!!

gmi

tkrik 03-17-2010 09:53 AM

Oh NO! What was she thinking? Will? Seriously? UGH! What happened between Will and Alicia in Georgetown? I must have missed that episode or something.

I was not that impressed with this episode. It was rather lame. But it does make you think about what really goes on with insurance companies and their approval/denial process. Just recently, I know a few people who were approved for procedures (medically necessary), had them, and then the insurance denied them after review.:confused::eek: They are stuck with the bill now.

gonnamakeit 03-17-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrik (Post 633604)
Oh NO! What was she thinking? Will? Seriously? UGH! What happened between Will and Alicia in Georgetown? I must have missed that episode or something.

I was not that impressed with this episode. It was rather lame. But it does make you think about what really goes on with insurance companies and their approval/denial process. Just recently, I know a few people who were approved for procedures (medically necessary), had them, and then the insurance denied them after review.:confused::eek: They are stuck with the bill now.

If the insurance companies had given approval for the procedure, they should be liable for the payment.

Your friends need to contact their local state insurance commission and file a complaint.

gmi

tkrik 03-17-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonnamakeit (Post 633661)
If the insurance companies had given approval for the procedure, they should be liable for the payment.

Your friends need to contact their local state insurance commission and file a complaint.

gmi

They're fighting it, trust me. There's documented proof that it was approved. To be honest, the 3 people I know going through all have the same insurance company and 2 of them have the same policy (they both work at the same hospital). I think the ins. co. does this as in many cases they get away with it. Very sad.

SallyC 03-17-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonnamakeit (Post 633661)

gmi

I did that once and the Ins. Co was wrong and had to cover my claim. It paid off. :)