NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Cblue and Colbeymoore anything new?... (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/127957-cblue-colbeymoore.html)

sm08 07-13-2010 02:04 PM

Cblue and Colbeymoore anything new?...

Hi, last Thursday,went to my local SS office, tried to have them issue me an emergency check from back pay, I had been told I could do this after 30 days, but I was told my backpay/monthly amounts were being set-up that day, they couldn't issue a check. If I don't receive anything with-in 10 days, to call the local office and they should have a letter of the new amounts etc.

Gosh, this is taking forever....Have you recieved your benefits letter or Medi-care info?.

Thanks!

Cblue 07-13-2010 07:23 PM

Hi sm08!
I haven't received my backpay yet...I am so nervous about that. Last time I called, last week, they said to call back on the 24th and that will be 60 days. I am sure they will then say it takes 90 days...then 120, etc, etc.
I did get my medicare stuff. Thank God! I need that backpay though to pay the 20% and the hosp deductable and stuff...as soon as I got medicare i saw my fam dr who sent me to a podiatrist, a back dr and a hematologist...I am having iron infusions due to anemia, I have severe spinal stenosis which I need surgery for (but I am going to wait a few years...I have a 2 and a 4 year old to chase) and I am having surgery on my heel...partial achillies tear and bone spur. I am not even on ssd for that stuff...I am on for bipolar disorder, personaility disorder, ocd...ahhhhh..the list goes on and on....
I am so so so sorry to sound like I am whining!!!! It feels good to vent though!!!
Thank you for listening.
Keep me posted as far as your status.

COLBEYMOORE 07-14-2010 12:46 AM

SM08..emergency back pay check...hmm didnt know I could do that. School is getting ready to start again so I am stressing
I am still waiting for children's backpay :( I received my award letter explaining my monthly benefits but have not received anything regarding my children.
I call once a week. I have given my entire backpay back to my Long Term Disability Provider. :(

sm08 07-14-2010 07:19 PM

Hi, thanks for responding. I'm still waiting for anything::Popcorn: Maybe what held it up for me, is that I did receive State disability two times through the time I waited to be approved and I think that was paid back.

I don't know, I'm just so fraustrated with all this. I think the SSI that was paid to me I have to pay back out of the SSDI back-pay, I told them I din't think I would be approved for it anyways, so what was the point of me getting it then. It was a small amount too! This also, may have held my back-pay back too.

I just had an EMG test last friday, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I know I will have to pay my 20% too.
Colbeymore, how long after you recieved your Favorable letter, did you recieve your backpay and benefit letter?

Thanks, gotta go make dinner before hubby comes home!:Dancing-Chilli:

COLBEYMOORE 07-14-2010 09:04 PM

I received a "favorable decision" letter I believe sometime during the last two weeks in May and received my backpay on monday june 14th. I received my backpay before the "detailed letter" explaining my calculated benefit amount each month. I call once a week to get an update still no news :(

Janke 07-14-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sm08 (Post 675569)
Hi, thanks for responding. I'm still waiting for anything::Popcorn: Maybe what held it up for me, is that I did receive State disability two times through the time I waited to be approved and I think that was paid back.

I don't know, I'm just so fraustrated with all this. I think the SSI that was paid to me I have to pay back out of the SSDI back-pay, I told them I din't think I would be approved for it anyways, so what was the point of me getting it then. It was a small amount too! This also, may have held my back-pay back too.

I just had an EMG test last friday, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I know I will have to pay my 20% too.
Colbeymore, how long after you recieved your Favorable letter, did you recieve your backpay and benefit letter?

Thanks, gotta go make dinner before hubby comes home!:Dancing-Chilli:

If you are retroactively or currently entitled to SSI (like in 7/10) you may be currently eligible for Medicaid (depends upon your state - sounds like California so it would be called Medi-Cal) which may pay that 20% of your EMG bill. Talk to the SSI claims rep. That may make getting the SSI worth the extra time and the 'repayment' or windfall offset of SSDI. Also, if you have attorney fees, that can reduce the amount of windfall offset.

California's State Disability does not have to be "paid back". But it may or may not result in an offset if the total of SDI and SSDI exceeds 80% of your average current earnings. That is called public disability benefits offset. Talk to the SSDI claims rep. Those documents need to be submitted to SSA.

Cblue 07-15-2010 10:21 AM

I am getting so antsy! I check my bank every day to see if it has been deposited yet.

Cblue 07-16-2010 08:13 AM

Called again today---now another 30 days...it is 30-60 days from the date of the first payment I am told...is that what you guys were told???

COLBEYMOORE 07-16-2010 09:33 AM

yes my first payment (backpay was on 6/7/10) I called today and was told a message was being sent to "the payment center to process the payments for my children???" and could take 30-60 days now geeeeze..:(

sm08 07-16-2010 01:34 PM

Nothing new, I check my bank daily. Im calling my local office on monday, I was told by agent from SSD office to waitand if no backpay within 10 days to call local office. I will call on Monday.

My Favorable date was 5/13 or 5/16, can't remember right now.
I'll let you all know what happens

Cblue 07-20-2010 10:41 AM

SM08--anything yet? May I ask what state you are in? Or maybe what part of the country?

sm08 07-20-2010 12:20 PM

Hi, I'm in California. Yesterday,talked to agent, he said no new information. Agent said he ould call payment center to see if anything on their part is holding payments, was told he would call me back that same day.
I didn't get a call back, currently I'm on hold with my local office to talk to him.
I will let you kno how it went.

COLBEYMOORE 07-20-2010 01:00 PM

I am in Kentucky and still no news except that it is in the payment center. Last week I actually had someone call me back it seems the backpay for my children was just "sitting there" so they sent a message to the payment center to process.....zzzz lol

sm08 07-20-2010 01:30 PM

Hi, Colbey and Cblue, finally got thru to agent, he's like "The agent that handled your claim was going to find out what the holdup is and that he was going to call me that day", well I said "no, he didn't". This time I got the agent's extension, Gosh, I think as soon as I hanged up, he must have known I was going to call because I had to leave a message, lol

So, I'm waiting for a call. Later, at 2:45, I have to get results from Neuro; re: EMG test results. I had asked if DR. can just give me results by phone, if all is normal, was told I had to come in.
It's just soo hot, my AC in car needs to be refreshed(don't know right words right now). The drive is like 25min away.
I will let you know how it goes, thanks for listening.

Cblue 07-20-2010 01:56 PM

Yes, please let us know how it goes...good luck!
I have been trying and trying to call the local office and for an entire month or so I have gotten a busy signal...well..the very first time I spoke to a human. I should be getting my monthly pmt tomorrow.

I am in Pennsylvania.

sm08 07-21-2010 12:52 PM

I recieved a call from the my local SSD agent, he left a message, I was at DR's and had my cell on silent. Agent said..."Reason why it's being held is SSD is verifing if I recieved any type of Workers comp, State disabilty any public Disability and that my attorney is protesting his fee"
Agent said he sent a status update saying its a 'Dire need' that my payments be processed.
Sorry, this is wat I meant to say on other post 'Dire Neeed', not emergency.
I'm going to call in a couple of hours to see if anything has changed.
Oh, I called my attorney and the Rep. said "were not disputing the fee,we just sent our Fee amount and this is just protocol".
I asked how much he was requesting for a fee,she really didn't give me an answer,she brought up the Fee schedule I signed in 3/2009, stating attorney can get 25% or $5,300. also the paragraph on their id say the amount may change from time time.
I will call my local office and try to find out what the attorney fee is. Does the attorney have to accept the Judges amount, whatever judge thinks is reasonable, in the end?
I'm glad for you Cblue, that you will be getting your payment tomorrow!

Cblue 07-22-2010 07:26 AM

Hey SM! I just got the monthly pmt yesterday...I am very grateful, but I am looking for the big lump some...I am getting nervouse about the big bills i need to pay.

OK..kids are in dire need of eggs for breakfast. Must go for now.

I am so grateful for this wesite so we can all support eachother.

Take care!

Christy

COLBEYMOORE 07-22-2010 07:32 AM

Christy glad to hear you got your monthly pmt. I am supposed to get my first monthly pmt on the 28th and it can not come soon enough..now just waiting for kids back pay hmm school clothes, school supplies..lol

sm08 07-22-2010 11:38 AM

Good to hear Christy that you recieved your payment. Colbey, I know getting payment before our kids go back to school is a blessing. Gosh, When am I getting mine!. I called yesterday, nothing new, I will call back on Tuesday.

Yes, I'm glad we can all talk like this...:grouphug:

Sylvia

sm08 07-26-2010 01:58 PM

I just finished talking to agent from local SSD office, he said "your case is still processing,were waiting for answer to see if you are disabled or can still work and were checking to see if our income would qualify me or not" I said "I know I don't qualify for SSI but I have my work credits for SSDI"
I said, I recieved a Fully Favorable desicion, he's like..."I don't see that here", he asked when I was approved, I told him. he said they were waiting for attorney to respond.

This is very nerve-wracking :confused:, I left a message for agent that handled the SSI part to call me back,they keep sending me to him. I've only gotten back-pay from SSI dated back to 2006-June2010.

I don't know what to do, agent said my attorney would know before their office if anything changes, I felt he's telling me not to bug them and bug my attorney.
:mad:
I just remebered, last time I went in person, the lady told me herself, that she did see "my Fully Favorable decision and that I had taken my case all the way to Federal court"
Gosh, why would this agent today, not see that.
Sorry, to be ranting, I'm just soo disappointed the way these people work.

Cblue 07-26-2010 02:18 PM

SM08--I am so sorry you are being shoved around thru this whole thing. I can't stand those SSDI people that we talk to--I never ever ever get the same answer twice. Everyone give me a diff answer to my question.

Colby, I hope you gott your 1st pmt! Did you get your backpay? I am so sorry I forget and I am far too lazy to look back at the posts. :o

I am so full of anxiety today it is making me ill. My husband is on workers comp due to an injury last June. He got fired in December because this was not his first injury...he went to his union and went to arbitration and lost. He is still entitled to WC. His foot is not getting better and I am so afraid they are going to tell him to go pee up a rope soon and he will have no income. I have no idea if he will be able to get Unemployment due to the gap. He is a truck driver and I don't know if truck drivers are in demand at this time..I doubt it as nothing is in demand at this time. Well, I guess all will turn out good in the end...everything always does. God has never let me down so far.

COLBEYMOORE 07-26-2010 04:18 PM

oh sorry to hear you are getting the run around too. I call once a week. I received my backpay without any explanation in June but had to turn the entire check over to my Long Term Disability Provider. My Long Term Disability Provider has already cut my check to just about half of what I was living on. :(
I am still awaiting for my monthly ssdi check which is suppose to come the 28th of each month. I am hoping I get to keep my children's back pay which is what I am waiting on now. They said it was approved 6/7/10. All I can think about is school clothes and school supplies for my kids but so far not looking good

sm08 07-26-2010 06:04 PM

We have to be strong! for our families sake!
I called my attorney and the lady that handles the attorney's fee, said she see's nothing on their part protesting a fee, also that the fee's should not hold up my back-pay because they just hold back the 25% or $6,000 from back-pay,she asked me if I had recieved my Approval letter,shes going to send a request to the court to send another approval letter to her , then shes going to send it to SSD to again., she said to call her in 2weeks.

The local SSD office, agent, hasn't called me back either.
only othe thing I can think may be holding it up, is they're checking for any payments from state disbiltiy,workers comp.
Gosh, I feel they would have quick access to that.
I'm so stressed out from all this, if only they would send me my monthly benefits and medicare card, it would definitly help, while waiting for back-pay.
I've been waiting for 4 years for approval, now I wait more. So not right!

Janke 07-26-2010 10:28 PM

Social Security does not have quick access to worker's comp or SDI info. Through the normal request channels, it can take 5 weeks for SDI and 5 months or longer for worker's comp if they respond at all. If there is any indication that worker's comp or SDI was paid in the past (and it is part of the first set of questions asked on your initial application 2, 3, 4, 5 years ago), then that has to be verified BEFORE retroactive benefits are determined and before the fee is determined because the fee is based on retroactive benefits.

Also, if there was any SSI claim paid or even often if an SSI claim was filed, an offset computation has to be done by the local office based on information supplied by the central office, so there can be lots of going back and forth between the two and each time, there are cases in front of yours waiting for the same thing.

I know you don't want to hear this, but you should be able to see that there are two main reasons that payment of a claim, especially one that has so much retroactivity, takes so long. One reason is that the payment data systems are both complex and a bit archiac. Second, is that at every step along the way, there are other claimants who have been in that line as long or longer than you.

It is reasonable to expect first check 30-60 days after a favorable decision, and retroactive benefits 60-90 days after the decision. A written decision is important, but it is just a piece of paper issued by the hearings office. The operations part of SSA (field office and payment centers) don't start on their part of the processing until AFTER the written decision.

Employees have varying levels of expertise so when you call the 800# you may get a teleservice rep or sometimes a payment center benefit authorizer who is pulled from paying claims to answering phones. When you go into your local office, you may get a service rep or you may get a technical expert who is pulled from paying claims to helping take care of everyone who walked in the door. So, unfortunately, you can get somewhat different answers depending upon the knowledge base of the employee you are speaking to.

Not what you all want to hear, I know. I'll stay out of the rest of the discussion. There does seem to be a band of buddies here.

sm08 07-27-2010 01:26 PM

Janke, I woud like to thank you for responding, you have great knowledge. I'm glad we can all share our experiences here. I only asked Cblue and Colby because it seems we were approved around the same time.

I appreaciate your advise,your very helpfull. Please continue. We are not a band of buddies, I just wanna give everyone a gentle hug.

Thanks

Cblue 07-27-2010 02:38 PM

Janke, thank you so much! I think I speak for all of us when I say your advise is much appreciated!
I am happy to know now the possible reasons my backpay is held up....And now I understand why I get so many different answers.

Question: I appled for SSI way back when I applied for SSDI, but I was denied. Would that hold up my backpay?

Did you work for SSDI? Do you get SSI? You are very knowledgable.

Again, thank you!

Hang in there Colbey and SM08! I am so glad we are in it together! :)

Cblue 07-27-2010 02:39 PM

Hey ! I thought we were a band of buddies! Ha ha! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by sm08 (Post 679494)
Janke, I woud like to thank you for responding, you have great knowledge. I'm glad we can all share our experiences here. I only asked Cblue and Colby because it seems we were approved around the same time.

I appreaciate your advise,your very helpfull. Please continue. We are not a band of buddies, I just wanna give everyone a gentle hug.

Thanks

sm08 07-27-2010 04:03 PM

I feel we all here are a band of buddies, but gosh, didn't mean to disappoint anyone. Everyone here has been very helpfull,Thanks!:grouphug:

Yes, I know Cblue, I worded it wrong, probably still saying it wrong. I hope Y'all know what I'm trying to say.

Still waitng on everything, no answers, aagh!:(

Janke 07-27-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cblue (Post 679510)
Janke, thank you so much! I think I speak for all of us when I say your advise is much appreciated!
I am happy to know now the possible reasons my backpay is held up....And now I understand why I get so many different answers.

Question: I appled for SSI way back when I applied for SSDI, but I was denied. Would that hold up my backpay?

Did you work for SSDI? Do you get SSI? You are very knowledgable.

Again, thank you!

Hang in there Colbey and SM08! I am so glad we are in it together! :)

You're welcome

Maybe. It is possible. There is an input that may need to be done by your local office.

Yes. No.

You're welcome again.

Cblue 07-30-2010 01:33 PM

Made my weekly call to SSDI. The lady was super nice. They put it on a priority ... priority..I dunno..thing, since it has been past 60 days. She was so nice, totally sympathetic. So she says it is still at the paymt processing center and has not been released. She says maybe next week sometime. It is not a huge deal right now, but when my 20% bills come in for all my dr stuff.

I hope you ugys have a great weekend!

sm08 08-03-2010 12:59 PM

This morning, I called the local SSD office, the agent said; It's currently being worked on and there is a notation to hold attorneys fee's from July 2007 thru May 2010, thats all it reads.
The agent will call them to see if there's a problem with that, then agent will call me back to let me know why my monies are being held back.

Basicly, I got same response from last month, saying it's currently being worked on.
Gosh, what could be the holdup, attorney's office said they're not protesting the fee.

Colbeymore-did you get your monthly benefit on time? Cblue-did you recieve your backpay? I don't remember, sorry, I remember one of you recieved the Favorable notice 5/28/10,just like me.
Will keep you all posted, Thanks

COLBEYMOORE 08-04-2010 02:18 AM

I received my favorable letter 5/20/10. Yes my regular monthly arrived safely in my bank account on the 28th. I too called local office again regarding my children's back pay..still same thing at payment center if I dont received by the 14 to call back again and they "would call the payment center to see what is holding up the claim" ??? lol

sm08 08-05-2010 01:48 PM

Hi, I called the SSD 800#, was told there was an "urgent message" from an agent in my local office, (I know the agent was trying to find out why the hold up), on 7/27/10, an agent from baltimore started working on computing my pay..
The agent said to wait 7-10 business days, to see if I get my money. I told her I was told the same thing a month ago or so.
I hope I get it soon, my kids are going back to school soon and are needing school clothes,shoes. If only at least they would issue my monthly benefits for now.
Today,is my Birthday:D, I wish money would've been in my bank today. So more waiting, its been 4 years, hopefully soon I get it.

:hug:

legalmania 08-05-2010 09:45 PM

Well Happy Birthday. I really don't understand SSD they have laws to protect the Disabled and it seems SS is the biggest culprit of all, when it comes to justification of the disabled. Well I hope you get your check soon so your kids can have the things they deserve, to go back to school. Good luck.

Cblue 08-06-2010 02:32 PM

Happy Bday SM08!!!!!! I hope you get your backpay soon!
I called again today and they said it just got to the payment processing center yesterday and once it is processed it will take 7-10 bus days...I don't know how long it takes to process. I get my monthly pay as do my kids. I got my kids backpay. Just waiting on mine..I can't use the kids backpay to pay off my bills. I was able to buy them toys and an air conditioner for my 4 year old and lots of clothes for next summer (clearance sales).
I got my approval May 28 as well.

You guys have a good weekend!

Cblue 08-07-2010 10:05 AM

Colbey & SM08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT !!! I GOT IT!!!!!
I just checked my acct for the heck of it and my backpay was in there!!!!!!!!! I have so many bills that will be paid off now!
Yay!
OK...now it's your turn!!!!

COLBEYMOORE 08-07-2010 01:19 PM

Yea Cblue! Enjoy. Maybe the processing time varies from state to state. My claim has been at the processing center since 6/7/10 lol..
I have stopped checking my mail box now and moved on. :( congratulations to you.

sm08 08-10-2010 01:07 PM

I recieved a call from my local SSD office this morning, was told my benefits have been computed and was told amounts for backpay and monthly.
Agent said he didn't know how much kids backpay would be and out of the backpay they were taking $110.00 for each month,going back two years for Medicare payments and that after that every month $110.00 is taken out of my benefits. My first monthly check will be on September.
Also, he said re: childrens backpay, he didnt know if they were going to get anything.
Does anyone know if this is the norm? to pay back the medicare portions for last 2yrs?, I then asked him since I would be paying it, could I be reimbursed for medical bills I've paid last 2yrs?
I don't know, if i'm making sence,lol
I thought it was my choice of going back that far back to pay for the medicare portion. I do have insurance through my hubbys work,we pay the 20% part.

Sorry,if I sound confusing, just wondering if this is right the way it was done.

Thanks

Cblue 08-10-2010 03:28 PM

Did he give you a choice about the medicare payments going back 2 years? Mine went back 1 month...I didn't care as it was only a month.

sm08 08-10-2010 10:29 PM

Cblue...I wasn't given a choice,it was calculated at the payment center and thats how they did it.
If I had a choice, I would only have paid for current month, not for two years. I will know more when I get my notices, I guess. I guess theres nothing I can do about it now.
I don't know now, I'm confused .

I don't understand the Medicare part. I hope someone can help me with that. I do have "PPO" Health coverage and we pay the 10% part, I had forgot we changed it in July.
I will keep you all posted.