NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Venous Doppler Friday (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/129474-venous-doppler-friday.html)

EddieF 08-03-2010 07:53 PM

Venous Doppler Friday

Doc worked fast. Saw him yesterday, was called to schedule Doppler today!
Friday is the begining of the begining or end!! Please god show restriction.

SallyC 08-03-2010 09:54 PM

Good luck Eddie...keep us posted..:)

Kitty 08-04-2010 12:50 AM

Good luck, Eddie! :hug: I wish you the best and please keep us updated on your doctor visit.

Lady 08-04-2010 12:57 AM

Eddie, good luck to you. I hope this IR doctor uses the Zamboni Protocol. :hug:

That was fast. Let us know how you make out when you get the results. They can only to the jugulars with the ultrasound. Only the 3-D MRV color Doppler can see the Azygous vein in the chest wall behind the breast bone.

I hope that is the Doppler you get. Too bad you can't go straight to the Venagram, that way they can fix anything they see, during that procedure.
Best of luck to you.

Judy2 08-04-2010 03:04 AM

Best of luck to you on Friday, Eddie!! Your doctor must be interested in the outcome too being he moved so quickly to schedule your appointment. Please keep us informed. I'll be thinking of you!! :)

Aarcyn 08-04-2010 10:58 AM

if it is not too crude to ask, how much is it going to cost and will insurance be covering any of it?

Dejibo 08-04-2010 11:54 AM

Good Luck! :hug:

EddieF 08-04-2010 02:46 PM

Thanks. Im on Medicare so 20% of Doppler's on me. MRV - Doppler is 1st step I told my Dr. If it shows reason to go further, MRV follows. Yes I wish I could go straight to MRV, especially since I do what I do withh MR's as you see in my album. I heard the Doppler is able to go home with me on cd like mr, ct pet so yes I'll post pictures if possible :)

EddieF 08-05-2010 06:09 PM

Well...

Not tomorrow. The morning started off with a phone call telling me I have to schedule at a different location since they don't accept my type of secondary which I told her I want to pay cash the 20% but noooo..
1 minute later the phone rings again and its billing/code dept telling me the code my Dr gave was denied! I've just got out of shower and prepping my ostomy for new barrier I do every day because surgeon made my stoma (intestine) recessed! and the expert in NY was only able to make it stick out 1/8-1/4" but hell..thats awesome compared to 1st a-hole and I manage it well.

So I go to local monthly MS meeting, enjoy it & spread ccsvi, hormones, ampyra ect talk. Lots of people in my area have MS I had no idea. They're great gatherings and recommend them (can't believe I said that).

Drive 50miles round trip to junkyard for electronic climate control buttons/display for my car since it broke on me and we can't have that, come home and had left 3 messages for my Dr about code problem before I left, and get a call from nurse (she's awesome) telling me she found the correct code for my condition (I forgot to tell him about all the face/neck numbness monday and then some) and to call scheduling tomorrrow to set it up I'm good to go! WHEW! So how about I have results next Friday for ya's! Thank God for people in the med field that try.

Ed

edit - fyi - Doppler cost here cash is $350 for uni lat, $500 for bi lat. I imagine bi = both sides of neck.

jeep4wd 08-06-2010 01:09 AM

Thank you so much for the updates!Hope that all goes smoothly now.

EddieF 08-07-2010 03:42 PM

Doppler is covered (hurray) and will be Wednesday. Bi lat does = both sides.

EddieF 08-11-2010 05:36 PM

Well, I'm back from my Doppler. I'll put the proper medical names of test when I get results Friday and for now I'll say it's the same simple procedure such as rubbing jelly on a expecting mom's tummy to see baby inside. Look at it this way, I got a neck and upper chest message. Enjoyable.

Both sides of neck (bi lat) were done, both sides of upper chest to armpit were done. I was able to watch the screen for left side only. Tech's aren't permitted to give results so THIS Friday the report and disc will be waiting for me and I can't wait. Whole procedure took maybe (a fun) 30 minutes.

They were loving the veins/arteries in my upper chest/arms. I saw them clearly. Told them it pays to workout. They agreed. Expect pictures Friday.

The trade deficit reported today for May-June was $49.9 Billion. Holy crap. Watching news. God bless us.

Lady 08-13-2010 01:12 AM

Eddie, I can hardly wait to see your results. I thought the chest didn't show up well on Doppler and needed the MRV with dye. They said the breast bone is in the way to see the Azygous vein in the spine/chest.

I am sure the color Doppler should be great for the 4 jugulars, did they do the sigmoid sinus in the head?

Was this using Dr. Zamboni's protocol? Good luck. :)

EddieF 08-13-2010 06:05 PM

Some results are in!

Ok after grocery shopping I had to go straight home so I couldn't stop to see if disc & full report was ready for me (it wasn't before I left I called) and at 95 degrees I chose my pool and to get what they had over phone :)

All they have so far is Jugular which.. drumroll please... is 8mm on the left, 4mm on the right which means I have HALF the return on the right! I haven't researched what's normal and want to get results to you's all.

The chest/bicep area will be interesting because when I had i.v.s.m. last year in right arm, I had to message upper right chest area cause it hurt. Tuesday's Tysabri I swore I felt there too.

Sorry we'll have to wait (Monday) for the pictures and trust me nobody wants to see them more then me!

I don't know proper names/location of veins (i'm looking to order real posters soon) so excuse me for not knowing them at this moment. I see someone is quite the educated one though :)

Ed

edit - actually a 4mm circle is way less area then 1/2 (don't remember formula) then 8mm!

EddieF 08-17-2010 07:48 PM

Ok so yestereday they forgot to send disc to local office so I made sure it would be there for me today and it was. Thankyou.
Now, as far as trying to read these things definitely takes schooling but luckily the tech let me turn so I could watch and figure out what she was looking for. The report sorry to say doesn't mention sizes of upper chest area (ordered a anatomical chart yesterday) but I have the video clips on disc so I'll little by little take full-screen shots of each one and compare L to R myself. Looks like MRV or some type of xray with dye is what I need to get a good visual exactly where i'm looking and to see the whole veno system in 1 image. Here's 2 screenshots. The one titled "right side doppler" is screenshot of little video windows which I must say are kinda wild watching them all pulse and yes it's much easier to tell what to look for when you see them pulsing. Im not going to make a screen of left side videos because they're too small. 1 at a time fullscreen is what I'll do..soon.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/album.php?albumid=461

Lady 08-18-2010 12:33 AM

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/WFive/2010...update_100409/

Lots of Information here.

Also you asked about MRV, must have contrast dye.

The Interventional Radiologist will know how to run the following scans:

- a 2D time-of-flight MRV through the head and neck down to the subclavian.
- a time resolved MRA/MRV of the head and neck coronally to the aortic arch.
- flow quatification through the straight sinus, the jugular (upper and lower) and coronally through the jugular/subclavian and brachiocephalic veins in one plane, to check for reflux flow and slow flow.
- SWI if available to check for the small venous structures and iron content

The MRV looks for blockages in both the jugulars and the azygos, but won't find the telltale reflux or backflow of blood. (Doppler does)

That's an important distinction since some people don't have blockages -- but they do have problems with a valve in a vein or with a flap within a vein that causes reflux.

Or go right to the Venagram, and get the procedure at the same time. ;)

EddieF 08-18-2010 07:57 PM

Thanks Lady. I'll print your list of to-do's for next appt. Playing around with my 2010 MRI yielded views of (some) "plumbing". I wish they scanned lower. I always get contrast during MR's, CT PET ect since I have no problem with it. Spoke with tech from NYU today and he explained for MRV, inject contrast and wait say 20 seconds? I forget and MRA pretty much immediately. The black & white ones I just did looking for veins/artery.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/album.php?albumid=437