NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Who or what would you want to go see live? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/129727-live.html)

Earl 08-06-2010 05:23 PM

Who or what would you want to go see live?

I get e-mails regularly from Live Nation concert promoters. I don't know why, I don't ever recall signing up for an e-mail list but I still get them. They don't bother me. I can hardly afford to go see anyone but it is fun to see who is coming to town.

SO, the question is, who would you like to see in concert/tour live? is there a limit to what you would pay? Is there anyone you would LOVE to or "die for" seeing and meeting back stage in a meet-and-greet?

Personally, I would just fall over fainting if I could do a meet-and-greet for Carrie Underwood, but then again, I would probably get arrested for trying to kiss and hold her, to me, she is perhaps one of the most perfect examples of the beauty of woman.

I would also like to see Ron White in a show.

As for broadway shows, I am always up to see RENT, but can't think of any other show.

I could probably think of others I would love to see, but I wouldn't want to MMET anyone but Carrie face to face.

Another show I would really like to see is Elton John/Billy Joel, I heard they toured together a few years ago.

One thing with me tho, If I go see a show, I want to be in the first few rows, any farther back and I can't see them well enough to enjoy it.

As for cost, if money were no object, that's what I would pay to MEET Carrie, if I wont he lottery I would pay a million bucks to have her give me a private concert. Most others I won't pay more than $40.00 a ticket.

SallyC 08-06-2010 08:57 PM

I think we ought to send a stalker warning to Carry Underwood. :D:p:D

We have an outdoor summer concert place and I can open my front door and hear famous singers and bands, every weekend, during the summer. If I could walk better, I could see them in person. :)

karousel 08-06-2010 10:07 PM

There are some I'd love to see - Toby Keith being my #1 - but when I see the price of the tickets I honestly can't see paying that much. I'd love a meet and greet so if I was guaranteed that I would meet him I'd be willing to buy a regularly priced ticket and maybe a few bucks more to see him. But there would be a limit to what I'd pay.

Now if it was to meet Stephen King...that'd be different!!

PolarExpress 08-06-2010 10:18 PM

Right now, the only group I'd like to see is the Blue Man Group...With seats close enough to get splashed :D. I was in radio for a long time & never paid for a concert ticket or backstage pass, so I got pretty spoiled. Besides, I'm old & cheap now, so wouldn't pay a heck of a lot to see anyone.
Earl, I'm with you on the Elton John/Billy Joel concert. That would've been good. I saw Elton John several years ago, and his shows are fun...or at least they used to be. Don't know if he dresses in the Donald Duck costume anymore :rolleyes:.

Earl 08-06-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 682712)
I think we ought to send a stalker warning to Carry Underwood. :D:p:D

We have an outdoor summer concert place and I can open my front door and hear famous singers and bands, every weekend, during the summer. If I could walk better, I could see them in person. :)

don't you dare warn her about my intentions !! Lol. i actually got quite upset 2 weeks ago when she married a another man . he is not good enough for her .1 day she will see the light and come to my arms ....until then i still have my dreams .

Erin524 08-06-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarExpress (Post 682735)
Right now, the only group I'd like to see is the Blue Man Group...With seats close enough to get splashed :D. I was in radio for a long time & never paid for a concert ticket or backstage pass, so I got pretty spoiled. Besides, I'm old & cheap now, so wouldn't pay a heck of a lot to see anyone.
Earl, I'm with you on the Elton John/Billy Joel concert. That would've been good. I saw Elton John several years ago, and his shows are fun...or at least they used to be. Don't know if he dresses in the Donald Duck costume anymore :rolleyes:.

I've seen Blue Man Group in concert. They were good, VERY loud and it was nice to go to a concert where the fans sat quietly in the seats rather than mosh pitting all over.

I saw Larry The Cable Guy last summer in Lincoln, NE. I was one of the 50,000 people in Memorial Stadium that helped him break the record for largest comedy concert. I had double vision that week, didnt feel all that great because of that, but it was a nice cool day, it was raining that day, and Larry was funny. I'd like to see him live again.

and, sorry if this will show my conservative republican side, but I'd love to see Glenn Beck live at one of his shows that he does. I saw him on a movie screen last spring. It was supposed to be a live telecast, but it ended up being a taped telecast of him and Bill O'Reilly because the show they were supposed to be live at was canceled because of some of the impressive snowstorms that happened last winter/early spring. I was disappointed, but he and Bill were still really good. I was seated too close to the screen tho, and Bill O'Reilly made me ill because he kept walking back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. Ick...motion sickness.

I very nearly made plans to go to Washington D.C. later this month to go see Glenn there on the Mall, but my boyfriend cant go with me, and I dont really want to go by myself, plus I found out that D.C. is famous for being insanely hot in late August. It's the threat of being really hot that's probably keeping me from going by myself. If he goes somewhere in a cool climate, or another telecast show in a nice air conditioned movie theatre, maybe I'll try seeing him that way.

Another couple of musicians that I'd like to see live in concert would be Ronan Tynan (part of the Irish Tenors...he did a lot of memorial concerts for the victims of 9-11. Beautiful voice!)

the other one would be Peter Buffet. (he's Warren Buffet's kid) He's done some beautiful scores for some movies, and he's done a few collaborations with some of my favorite American Indian musicians. I wish I could have gotten to see his Spirit Dance show done live. (think he did that back in the very late 90s or early 2000's) The cd for that show is probably my favorite cd. I was surprised to find out from the PBS showing of that, that Peter Buffet did my favorite piece of music from the movie Dances With Wolves. (favorite Costner movie) He did the music for the fire dance scene in the movie.

pud's friend 08-07-2010 01:05 AM

Saw Neil Diamond a few years ago and spent out on ebay tickets practically at the front. Well worth it. he was fab.

Don't think there's anyone I'd bust a gut to go see at the moment...

Blessings2You 08-07-2010 05:07 AM

In theory or in real life?

In theory, several come to mind. In real life...Ralph Stanley was a lousy 30 miles away a year or two ago, but it was at night, in a crowd, and I didn't go. Ralph Stanley!!

Koala77 08-07-2010 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pud's friend (Post 682769)
Saw Neil Diamond a few years ago and spent out on ebay tickets practically at the front. Well worth it. he was fab......

Hey Pud's friend.... I was there! I was about 5 rows back on the right of the stage......

I don't remember seeing you there. What were you wearing? :D

He was wonderful in concert, wasn't he?:)

Kitty 08-07-2010 08:00 AM

James Taylor. I love his version of Wichita Lineman. He was here several months ago with Carol King but I didn't know and it was a sold out show the first day the tickets went on sale.

Just the sound of his voice relaxes me.

Steven Curtis Chapman is another one I'd love to see.

legzzalot 08-07-2010 08:54 AM

Well now that Garth Brooks is performing in Vegas....

I missed the much anticipated Metallica concert when I was pregnant with DD because my doctor refused to let me off of bed rest.

One of my favorite concerts was Little Feat with my mom, followed by Paul McCartney... even though he pulled a Milli Vanilli and didn't actually sing hardly any of the songs on the set. After he was 2 hours late getting started, I have to say I was a bit disappointed in that one, but it was a cool experience, and one that i will probably never be able to do again.

James Taylor, yes. Especially if he and Van Morrison teamed up.

Oh and of course though I have been to several shows... Jimmy Buffet is always worth the ticket!

barb02 08-07-2010 09:03 AM

Have not been to a concert in about 5 years when I saw Carole King up in Chicago. I have a few friends that saw her and James Taylor this summer and they said it was a great concert. Saw James Taylor and Jimmy Buffet several times many years ago at Blossom Music which is between Akron/Cleveland. My favorite concert of all times -- The Boss (that's Bruce for you Earl;)) in Cleveland in 19820 or '83.

I would also like to see Billy Joel and Elton John perform together. I'm not sure how much I would be willing to pay. I know their shows are really expensive. I would also love to see Wicked again -- great musical.

ewizabeth 08-07-2010 09:57 AM

Don't laugh at me but I'd like to see Madonna. I like some of her older songs and she puts on a good concert since she can dance too. I wouldn't need to see the cone bra or other stuff like that though. :o I know it's all part of keeping her name in the news though.

Erin524 08-07-2010 10:23 AM

I think Madonna would be a good concert too.

I havent heard any new music from her for a long time. Does she still make new music anymore? I dont listen to the radio much anymore...at least not stations that play that kind of music. My radio is usually on the talk radio stations in the AM side of the dial.

ewizabeth 08-07-2010 11:00 AM

She still makes music but I prefer her older songs from the 80s. I like Get Into The Groove, Respect Yourself, and a couple of others. I have the MP3s on my Droid X and I have a Madonna station on Pandora also on my Droid X. Try Pandora on your computer you might like it! It's a free subscription, you can get 40 hours a month for free.

I listen to Pandora while I exercise and while in the bathroom getting ready for work. :)

Erin524 08-07-2010 11:38 AM

I'll have to look at the Pandora thing. That sounds pretty cool...and 40 hrs a month for free? I dont think I'd use that much in 3 months.

I like her older stuff too. I can remember when I was trying to dress like Madonna when I was 13 or 14. (at least with the lace headbands, lace gloves and a zillion bracelets on at least one wrist) I dont think I could do that now, but I do miss the lace headband I used to have. I keep hoping that style will come back and I'll be able to find another one of those headbands. (my hair is shorter now tho)

Debbie D 08-07-2010 12:28 PM

Pearl Jam...always Pearl Jam. Love their music...
DS 32 took me to a concert several years ago...it was awesome; we were in the 11th row. Except for the mosh pit next to me, it was one of the best I've been to.
I saw John Mayer last year...if he'd keep his trap shut it would have been better...he's a boor, but one of the best guitarists around. Never understood what J Anniston saw in him...

DS30 took me to the Crossroads Festival a couple of years ago...wow!! Clapton, Bramhall, Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi, Johnny Winter, Vince Gill, Sheryl Crow (great), B B King, Buddy Guy (one of my favs), on and on..
he also took me to se Jonny Lang several times. He is one of the most talented guitarists in the world.
If they were still alive I'd love to see Stevie Ray Vaughn and John Lennon...

mrkmyword 08-07-2010 01:31 PM

Like BUTTAH!

I've seen so many singers over the years.
The ones I really enjoyed were: Barry Manilow, Manhattan Transfer, Elton John, Lilith Fair with Sara McLaughlin, Indigo Girls (LOVE them) and Melissa Ethridge.
Natalie Cole was elegant, charming and I would love to see her again.

I can't stand the loud noise anymore I even wear ear plugs now when I go to movies or I find my head will explode.

My last concert was a dream come true for me. 5 years ago I went to see Streisand in concert AMAZING!!!
I was in heaven the whole show.

I would pay whatever it cost to go see her again.

:Head-Spin:

missj 08-07-2010 08:55 PM

A long time ago we went to see Michael Jackson at the opening night of his Victory Tour at Arrowhead Stadium. (Parents worked for airlines so we flew there over night for the concert).

The first Billy Joel/Elton John tour several years ago. I'd do it again

Last month James Taylor and Carole King Troubador Reunion concert. I'd do this again too.

hulagrl 08-07-2010 09:30 PM

Last year my son bought me and my husband tickets to Elton John/Billy Joel, it was AMAZING!! I went to see Jimmy Buffett a few months ago and that was alot of fun, I'd love to see him again, okay I'd love to become a "parrothead" and follow his tour around!:D

I would love to see the Eagles, they came to town a few years back but the tickets were $300. I heard it was a great concert and now I wish I had just spent the money and gone. I also want to see Bonjovi, who knows maybe I will.

legzzalot 08-08-2010 11:00 AM

yup, I missed the Eagles too. Because of the price. I mean i LOVE the Eagles, but I don't love anyone enough to spend more than $100. Unless it includes dinner, a show and a meet and greet!

What I do love and miss about living in Richmond, we have Innsbrook after hours, it's like $20 a ticket every wed night during the summer. it's outdoors, bring a chair, bring the kids, all kinds of food and drinks and vendors. They have a lot of the oldies but goodies: Little Feat, Charlie Daniels band, Foreigner, Earth Wind and Fire, Doobie Bros... I am making a special trip down next week after my MRI if I am not too tired to see Heart!

They've been doing this since I was a kid. I love that I can take DD, and it's not too expensive. Everybody has a good time, there is room to dance, it's amazing!

Blessings2You 08-09-2010 01:24 PM

OK, everybody get ready to laugh at me, but I would go to see a military band. Back in the day, the kids and I used to go to the concerts sponsored by a local bank, held at a local high school, bleacher seats only. I always get goose bumps. :D

SandyC 08-09-2010 03:04 PM

We just tried to get Aerosmith tickets but they were $200+ but in row three! I declined. My brother asked me if we got them and I told him no and mentioned the band opening up for Aerosmith. Turns out the guitarist worked for my brother! Anyway, Aerosmith is usually a no complimentary concert but he's going to see what he can do. How cool! We were supposed to see them with Kiss back in '03 but Jim's surgery was scheduled and we had to cancel thanks to the Blackout and rescheduling.

pud's friend 08-09-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 682798)
Hey Pud's friend.... I was there! I was about 5 rows back on the right of the stage......

I don't remember seeing you there. What were you wearing? :D

He was wonderful in concert, wasn't he?:)

Actually I saw him in the UK before coming over the pond. and I was in row three!!!