NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Got my ssdi (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/132891-ssdi.html)

repnrg 09-18-2010 11:02 AM

Got my ssdi

I hope this gives neurological and psychiatric patients some hope. I applied for SDSDI on 4-1-10 with panic attacks, depression
and bi polar disorder. My medical history was complete, i met their psychiatrist, and on 9-16-10 was approved for full benefits, only six months.

karilann 09-18-2010 02:24 PM

Ssdi

Congratulations!:hug:

twink41 09-18-2010 03:00 PM

Congratulations!

finz 09-19-2010 01:22 AM

Congrads !

daylilyfan 09-19-2010 10:00 AM

Good for you!!!

Did you do it all on your own, without a lawyer?

:yahoo:

Shellback 09-20-2010 07:35 AM

Congratulations are in order! You must feel so relieved.

repnrg 09-21-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daylilyfan (Post 696555)
Good for you!!!

Did you do it all on your own, without a lawyer?

:yahoo:

did it by myself

Hoosier_Daddy 09-21-2010 08:04 PM

To be honest with you I don't see how you did it by yourself with mental impairments??

smae 09-21-2010 10:35 PM

Mental impairments do not equal being dumb.

I am not saying that is what you said... or that you think that...

Some of the smartest people I know have a mental illness or a learning disability... and they are able to pursue a SSI claim for those reasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy (Post 697367)
To be honest with you I don't see how you did it by yourself with mental impairments??

Hoosier_Daddy 09-21-2010 11:40 PM

All I am saying is the paperwork and the filing is not easy. I had alot of paperwork. I know there was no way I could do it by myself. I have never called anyone dumb. If I were calling anyone dumb it would be calling myself dumb. I was just wondering how they did everything is all

smae 09-22-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy (Post 697493)
All I am saying is the paperwork and the filing is not easy. I had alot of paperwork. I know there was no way I could do it by myself. I have never called anyone dumb. If I were calling anyone dumb it would be calling myself dumb. I was just wondering how they did everything is all

I realize that, and I specifically said that you never called anyone dumb. However, a person with a mental condition could either have a limited functioning, or they could struggle from a mental disorder such as severe depression/anxiety or bipolar disorder. He or she may have fully functioning mental capabilities with the exception of emotionally. They could be the smartest person we have ever met--but struggle emotionally.

I filled out my paperwork myself (though I do not have any mental problems), and was accepted in 3 months.

repnrg 09-27-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

I have a masters degree in history. As for the paperwork, all my medical records PROVED my disability

Cblue 09-27-2010 10:25 AM

I think it is awesome that you won...no matter how it was done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hoosier_Daddy 09-27-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repnrg (Post 699155)
I have a masters degree in history. As for the paperwork, all my medical records PROVED my disability

I was just saying there was alot of paperwork in my case and I could not of done it by myself.

carlsbadmmike 11-10-2010 04:58 PM

I have severe depression, bipolar, panic, anxiety, agoraphobia, and even though it seemed mentally overwhelming, I was able to complete all of the forms online over a couple of weeks and was approved in 5 months for SSDI.

Matthewdrives76 11-14-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

I did it myself and got approved in two and a half months and I have mental impairments. We're smart!

kicker 11-14-2010 07:14 PM

I used to get so MAD. I taught Emotionally Disturbed kids from Pychosis to behavioral difficulties. Some ignorant idiot would say "Oh, how nice you are, you teach retarded kids."
"No", I'd say "Emotionally Disturbed. Some are WAY smarter than you."

Pete Harvey 11-17-2010 02:35 PM

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to make it through the process! Hoosier_Daddy--hang in there!