NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Thoughts on changing the forum name... (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/1414-changing-forum-name.html)

janster 09-22-2006 09:57 PM

Thoughts on changing the forum name...

I'm wondering if the name of the forum should be changed to
"The Weight Support" Forum.

There are people that need to gain weight and maintain weight as well as lose weight, and we are all here for support no matter what the problem.

There could be weight gaining recipies, tips and suggestions as well as weight loss recipies, tips and suggestions. There would just be different threads.

As far as maintaining goes, that's a feat in itself! Who doesn't need support there? Sometimes I think that's as difficult, if not more so, than losing or gaining all the weight.

I just think there are a lot of people that aren't covered under the forum name as it stands now, but that's just me. I know DocJohn would change it for us. He's been wonderful and a Godsend to us.

What do guys think?
Hugs,
LS :)

slogo 09-22-2006 10:07 PM

Sounds good to me. Good idea Jan. GC :)

Fancylady_2006 09-22-2006 10:46 PM

I am ok with it~

It sounds great to me also! What an idea. Your mind is always at work, LS
BC:)

JD 09-23-2006 12:12 AM

hmmm

I agree it could use a change perhaps? How about something along the lines of Weight Control or Weight Issues? Of course, we always have to have in mind the people with eating disorders that counter each other such as the anorexic versus the overeater, imo. One could irk or trigger the other. Why not suggest a change to DocJohn in his thread? TC . JD

bizi 09-23-2006 01:13 AM

IMO...I think that people who are trying to lose weight are very different than those trying to gain weight. Different issues.
Perhaps there does need to be a seperate forum for both.
Or perhaps an eating disorder forum...
I am all for keeping it simple.
bizi

Jomar 09-23-2006 09:59 AM

I was thinking along those lines too - Healthy Eating Support

slogo 09-23-2006 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Been thinking about it and really the name we have is self explanatory and works so......?
Just a thought. Am agreeable to whatever anyone wants though. :)

Curious 09-23-2006 02:07 PM

keep the ideas coming. we can do a poll. :)

JD 09-23-2006 04:29 PM

Keep eating disorders all together?

My thinking was to be all-encompassing. Overeating IS an eating disorder, as any "disorder" in eating is, or any time the body doesn't respond normally to food, imo. I wonder if the forum name alone as in Weight Loss would be triggering to anorexic or bulimic, IDK.

Healthy Eating works for me...anything along those lines. That could include the recipes (healthy ones of course, not the others.) I think it would be good to have all of the eating threads in one forum, as it might encourage anyone to eat correctly and care more about oneself. Sometimes when the eating disorders of bulimia and anorexia are paired off, posters can divert to feeding off each other's disorder, and not in a healthy manner, imo. (No pun intended.)
[/FONT]

mrsD 09-23-2006 04:52 PM

I agree...

to a name change or expansion.

Healthy Eating and Weight Loss/Gain

whatever.

I think Healthy Eating should be first...but weight gain is important since
many drug treatments cause weight gain, and many people battle weight
issues today as well.

Illness can easily cause either weight loss, or gain.
AIDS, Cancer, cardiac cachexia, eating disorders, depression all can cause LOSS.

nancy-h 09-24-2006 11:55 AM

Name Change

I'm open to what the group finds appropriate but just a thought. "Eating Healthy" leaves out the excercising which, is very important to ALL groups. But I'm brain dead today so I don't have a name that encompasses this. How about something real simple: "Eating and Excercise" with the explanation below the title.

nancy-h

bizi 09-24-2006 01:44 PM

Healthy life style
Healthy living
healthy minds and bodies
healthy eating
eating healthy
We are talking about our weight
Body image support
Weighty matters
Supporting our weight
weight issues
weighty issues
weighty issues matter

bizi

Lynn52 09-24-2006 03:34 PM

Healthy eating

Healthy eating encompasses both weight loss and gain except there are reverse issue with the weight gain and weight loss but both need to eat healthy sounds good to me.

Lynn:)

Sherloc56 09-24-2006 11:18 PM

Oh my dear Jan! You keep this board alive!!

Weight issues have so many areas as has already been addressed here. We all know we have the "un-perfect" body! Heck....we all have health issues! We need this to be a fun and uplifting place to come. Support is the key issue here and is what this was started for. We have been through Walmart knocking things off shelves, trips, skating, and every imaginable weight loss activity that we could conger up....is that spelt wrong???? :( Oh well,,,you get my meaning I think. The name is not what it is all about. There are so many very wonderful ladies here and Jan, Billie and others have made this place so much fun. Let's just not lose sight of why we all came here. For support, friendship, weight LOSS ideas, and to put up with Jan.....:eek: ! Gotta love her!!

Whatever you all decide is fine with me. I will come here regardless of what the name is. I know the meaning of this place and have seen so much love and support that it doesn't matter to me what it is called. You will never find a better group than this!!!

Now where is that Wendy when we need her input? Miss her too Jan! Hope she is ok. Maybe she will pop in soon.

Anyway whatever ya'll decide is fine by me. Jan you always have my thumbs up girl!

Sher

Jomar 09-24-2006 11:27 PM

Did someone mention exercise also ?

Food and Fitness

this could cover weight loss/gain, healthy eating in general, recipes, exercise

a title that will open it up for more than just weight loss /gain - I think is a good idea.

Curious 09-25-2006 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo55 (Post 12831)
Did someone mention exercise also ?

Food and Fitness

this could cover weight loss/gain, healthy eating in general, recipes, exercise

a title that will open it up for more than just weight loss /gain - I think is a good idea.

i like it. adding something about fitness or exercise is a good idea.
remember, we can add a short description of the forum.

janster 09-25-2006 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo55 (Post 12831)
Food and Fitness

This has my vote! Short and sweet! (no pun intended) Good one Jo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherloc56 (Post 12824)
Let's just not lose sight of why we all came here. to put up with Jan.....:eek: ! Sher

I think I resemble this Sher..........:confused: :D
Hugs,
LS

bizi 09-25-2006 12:48 PM

food and fitness sounds great!!!!!
bizi

Sherloc56 09-25-2006 07:28 PM

• Sounds good to me! Like I said. Makes no never mind to me on the name.

Sher

Jan?? YOU!! :confused:

janster 09-25-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherloc56 (Post 13408)

Jan?? YOU!! :confused:

Groucho used to say that instead of resent. :D
Hugs,
LS
PS--I forgot to mention before--Bizi--how long did it take you to think up all those cool names? Jeesh, I'd STILL be tossing them around in my mind! OK guys, hold your comments.....

bizi 09-25-2006 08:51 PM

that is great.... resemble!
I did not know that was grocho who said that....
great picture of him!:)

janster 09-25-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 13493)
that is great.... resemble!
I did not know that was grocho who said that....
great picture of him!:)

Jeepers, with my memory Biz.....if I'm wrong, someone please correct me. I think he did, but if not, I like the pic of him anyway! hehehe
Hugs,
LS :)
PS-sorry for getting off-topic, but you guys know me............. YOU DO TOO!!! http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...s/crying-1.gif

Curious 09-25-2006 11:28 PM

oh...i thought off topic was a topic here? :p go with the flow...as long as the board is happy. :D

Sherloc56 09-26-2006 08:41 AM

Now Jan! We wouldn't even think of asking you....WHAT MIND????

KnCmama 09-27-2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 11557)
IMO...I think that people who are trying to lose weight are very different than those trying to gain weight. Different issues.
Perhaps there does need to be a seperate forum for both.
Or perhaps an eating disorder forum...
I am all for keeping it simple.
bizi

I agree with bizi here. I myself am a very overweight person and I have a son whom has problems gaining weight, both are very different from each other and I think that having a "weight loss support" forum and then a "weight gain support" forum would be the best route to go.

janster 09-27-2006 10:10 AM

Hi Jen~
Glad you're here! I hope to get to know you better. Oh, and don't let the rest of the group scare you.......they're harmless! :D I, of course, am the only normal one! :rolleyes:

We're just a bunch of goofs that try to have fun while encouraging each other to eat healthy while losing weight and exercising. We encourage anyone whom needs it, whether that be losing, maintaining, or gaining weight, as you know from your post. I'm glad you found us and look forward to "talking" to you! Take care!
Hugs,
Jan :)

Curious 11-20-2006 11:58 AM

i thought i'd bump this up..see if everyone still wants a name change..or to leave it.

nancy-h 11-22-2006 12:25 PM

Maybe this will be lost...

as it should be because I have waited so long to say this part but how about: Nutrition, Excercise and Weight Control. And then in the small explanation draw attention to the fact that it is for weight loss and weight gain, etc.

Nancy-H

Jomar 11-22-2006 01:08 PM

I think we need a poll on a name