NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   The Royal Wedding (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/149089-royal-wedding.html)

Earl 04-25-2011 12:11 PM

The Royal Wedding

I was in London for Andrew and Fergi's wedding in the late 80's. I remember how hectic it was, couldn't get around except by tube (subway).

I admit, it's a lot of coverage all week long on every channel, BUT I'd rather watch this than Charlie Sheen, or that Lohan mess, or war stuff.

I am not an angliphhile (I think it's spelled that way, someone who is a HUGE fan of british royalty) but I like the royal stuff. I cold almost say I am a distant distant distant royal - in Norway. I am like 8th cousins to the royal family of Norway. my grandfather was born in Norway and somehow back in my family line we are related to them. I asked my grandmother years ago and she said IF we lived in Norway, I was like 73rd in line for the throne, AND there was a slight chance if we lived there, I would have an HRH title. Not worth the weather for me, LOL.

Anyway, anyone else at all interested in this wedding? I have friends who are British (VERY) and are having a party for the wedding, we are invited to attend from 12 midnight for us to 5am, IF I go, I will just sleep from like 4pm to 11pm. It might be fun, she is having it catered by the local english restaurant. It will all depend on how I feel that day.

SallyC 04-25-2011 12:45 PM

Of course I will be glued to the Telly..:D

I heard that my Greatgrandmother was married to a Lord?? So I may have a bit of blue blood..:rolleyes::)

kicker 04-25-2011 01:15 PM

They always tell me we're related to Queen Victoria. Ah, is this like Kevin Bacon's 6 degrees of separation? Me and Earl are gonna have to compete for the throne if everyone else dies!!!

Erin524 04-25-2011 02:24 PM

My mom is all nuts for the royal wedding. She's bugging me to record it for her.

Me? Nope. Couldnt care less about it.

Dejibo 04-25-2011 06:23 PM

MIL is very excited to see it in extreme HD on the 60inch screen. She has a 24 inch at her house, and is looking forward to it. I ordered the Italian channel so she will at least be able to understand it too.

I really didnt think I would want to watch, but I think having someone else who is excited helps.

barb02 04-25-2011 06:46 PM

I am not staying up all night to see it. I may record it.

Kitty 04-25-2011 06:50 PM

Well, it's kind of hard to avoid it if you watch TV at all. I may or may not watch it. Just depends on what I'm doing when it's on. I'm not overly impressed by any of it. I think the media has gone into overdrive about it....but they generally do with just about anything. :rolleyes: Personally, I feel that there are much bigger issues in our world today.

SallyC 04-25-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 765413)
I feel that there are much bigger issues in our world today.

Yes, that's just it and it's all negative, so this well be a welcome, beautiful, positive event to view. Like a Fairy tail. I hope I can stay awake.:eek: It's a sign of "life goes on", thank heavens.:)

Erin524 04-25-2011 07:40 PM

It's probably going to end up screwing up my tv watching that I do in the evenings, so I'm not really thrilled about watching a wedding for some guy who's probably going to be the monarch of a country that I'm not a citizen of. (if I were English, maybe I'd be interested...) Especially when it's going to end up preempting shows that I'd rather be watching.

I ordered a set of dvd's to watch, so that I'll have something to do when all my regular shows are bumped.

Kitty 04-25-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 765424)
Yes, that's just it and it's all negative, so this well be a welcome, beautiful, positive event to view. Like a Fairy tail. I hope I can stay awake.:eek: It's a sign of "life goes on", thank heavens.:)

Yes, I know. I'm happy for them.....don't get me wrong. I'm glad something positive is happening somewhere in the world. I guess I just don't agree with their mentality when it comes to such a lavish affair. I know it's their money and they can do what they please with it. But they could feed a small country for what they are spending on this ceremony. You're just as "married" with a modest ceremony as you are with a lavish one. I'm just too practical for my own good. :rolleyes:

Lady 04-25-2011 09:20 PM

Check out this video from MSN: I found it amusing..:)

Royal Wedding Party Entrance. Speakers on.. :)

http://video.uk.msn.com/browse/royal...ail&from=email

The MSN Video Team

Twinkletoes 04-25-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 765428)
Yes, I know. I'm happy for them.....don't get me wrong. I'm glad something positive is happening somewhere in the world. I guess I just don't agree with their mentality when it comes to such a lavish affair. I know it's their money and they can do what they please with it. But they could feed a small country for what they are spending on this ceremony. You're just as "married" with a modest ceremony as you are with a lavish one. I'm just too practical for my own good. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but...

think of all the people that are receiving paychecks because of the "lavish-ness."

Brits and their royalty ... yaawwwwn. I don't get it.

I'll admit I really did admire Princess Diana, tho.

Twinkletoes 04-25-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady (Post 765457)
Check out this video from MSN: I found it amusing..:)

Royal Wedding Party Entrance. Speakers on.. :)

http://video.uk.msn.com/browse/royal...ail&from=email

The MSN Video Team

Well, if the real event was THAT entertaining, I'd watch it, lol! :D

Earl 04-26-2011 09:33 AM

LOL, the spoof video was going viral about 2 weeks ago, I think it's amazing how much some of the dancers look alike, like William and Camilla. Really neat. I don't think the wedding will be nearly as exciting. I wish I could see footage of the reception, when they can let their hair down, we all know Harry likes to do that. :P

Earl 04-26-2011 10:07 AM

Today Show's coverage taught me something

So, today they did a segment on the royal family, so we can learn the family tree.

During the segment it talks about Prince Charles, how his snobbery sometimes embarrasses the queen. He has been heir apparent since the age of 3, and the longest heir apparent (59 years). He employ's 135 people (PERSONALLY) including one butler to squeeze his toothpaste onto the brush! Whoa, that's nuts, but at least the man has a job, and teasing about the british dental system, he had better keep doing a good job, LOL

Kitty 04-26-2011 10:54 AM

How on earth do you get a job squeezing toothpaste onto a toothbrush?? :rolleyes: Would that be a promotion or a demotion? :D I guess it's better than being the official toilet paper unroller. :cool:

karilann 04-26-2011 12:04 PM

Wedding

My daughter is getting married in late May so I will record the Kate and
William wedding just to check it out! I want to see Kate's dress.

I think we are all related somewhere down the line.....I was once told that we had a distant connection to some queen who does not really have a title anymore.....or something like that.
Anyway.....I think my daughter is a princess regardless!:winky:

I also think it would be great fun to be at the party, Earl!!