NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Hugs and Support for Doydie (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/19196-hugs-support-doydie.html)

Curious 05-08-2007 11:24 AM

Hugs and Support for Doydie

hiya sweety. i just thought i would make a new thread. not everyone reads the reality show thread and i'm sure they would like to offer you support.

this is from a post of doydie's:
For those who don't read in my reality show thead, my MIL, who has ben in a nursing home for several years, fell and broke her hip. She was in ICU for 5 days before she was stable enougth to do surgery. She was in ICU for a total of 8 days then went back to the nursng home 4 days later. So I have had just a wee bit of stress in my life.

:hug: still sending you my hugs and prayers.

Snoopy 05-08-2007 11:35 AM

Doydie,

Sending you, your MIL and your family thoughts and prayers:hug:

SallyC 05-08-2007 12:08 PM

http://home.earthlink.net/~sal.pal/s...ctures/hug.gif A big Tigger hug for you, Doydie.

I hope that things start settling down for you now and that your dear MIL continues to heal.

Love,

pantos 05-08-2007 10:05 PM

Hope things begin to get back to normal again and your MIL recovers really well. :)

watsonsh 05-08-2007 10:18 PM

Awwwww :hug: I sure hope your MIL recovers soon.

doydie 05-08-2007 10:40 PM

I'm crying as I'm reading this. I just pray every night when I go to bed that my legs are OK when I wake up.

Curious 05-08-2007 10:45 PM

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

we all care about you doydie. http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/im...onsb/heart.gif you are a very special lady.

i pray that the lord opens the mind of some dr or researcher to recieve the message on how to cure this horrible disease.

SallyC 05-08-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doydie (Post 96927)
I'm crying as I'm reading this. I just pray every night when I go to bed that my legs are OK when I wake up.

Don't we all, Dodie, Don't we all.:)

:hug:

Judy2 05-09-2007 04:38 AM

Ditto what Sally said, Dodie. I'm praying your MIL is getting better everyday so then some of the stress will be taken off you!! Be sure and get lots of rest yourself!! :)

Ceci 05-14-2007 03:12 PM

Hoping for a good recovery on your mother-in-law Doydie.

Be well,
Ceci

moose53 05-14-2007 03:26 PM

((((((Doydie)))))),

I'm sorry about your MIL :hug:

I want to add my prayers to everyone else's that they find a cure for MS *SOON*. I truly believe that when the researchers are allowed more freedom to research stem cells that a cure for MS and lot of other diseases will be found. I pray for that day.

Hugs for the room (and a double-huge for Doydie).

Barb :hug:

doydie 05-14-2007 11:24 PM

I guess I should give an update. My MIL is one very stubborn woman! And I love her for it! She has been back in the nursng home now about about 10 days. When we went to see her today they were taking her to therapy so we decided to follow her to see how she was doing.

This woman never was an active person, she preferred to sit in one place unless she needed to get another coke or another pack of cigs. that wouuld have been the only reason to get up. We even had to convince her that she had enough money to use more than 3 diapers a day. She wanted to only use 2. And I had to force her to let me help her with a bath once a month. So she didn't get out of her chair much.

So it was kind of funny today watching those girls in therapy try to put some strentgh in her arms. I told them that it was going to be a tough job. Anyway, she was able to stand for 2 minutes on her good leg at the parallel bars and their supppot. And I had to give it up to her. She did a good job with the chair excercises. She is so stubborn that she always has to get the last word in. If they said 15 reps, they would stop at 15 and she would stop at 16!

So she's going to make it. I love her.

FlyFishin Momma 05-15-2007 01:30 AM

Good to hear your great news Doydie.......
thanks for sharing and I pray for het continued recovery and your strength.....
Nice of you to love her so much!!!
Kay

Snoopy 05-15-2007 06:08 AM

:hug: Doydie,

I am so glad to hear your update.

It did make me laugh because I am alot like your MIL in the stubborness department....that stubborness will help her do what she needs to do.

cricket52 05-15-2007 01:49 PM

Doydie:

With all you have to deal with I really admire your support of your MIL.

She is lucky to have you in her life.

DM 05-15-2007 02:05 PM

Sending healing thoughts your way Doydie!!!! take care.....

SallyC 05-15-2007 02:46 PM

Thanks for the update, Doydie. I'm glad that your MIL is doing so well. I hope you can take the time to make yourself better, now.

How's the head?

:hug:

doydie 05-16-2007 12:39 AM

Thanks for asking Sally. I don't have the terrible fatigue from the pain that i had last week. I would guess from a scale of 1 - 10, it's about a 3 - 5 most of the time. But my energy is OK this week. I am to call and give a progress report this week. I don't know whether to ask to have him to send me to my neuro or not. The Tegretol was originally my FP docs order, that's why I didn't call the neuro in the first place. She doesn't like to deal with any med that my family doc ordered.