NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Seeking prayers (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/20526-seeking-prayers.html)

AfterMyNap 05-26-2007 03:34 PM

Seeking prayers

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to these boards and have genuinely appreciated the community of the membership. One of our members is suffering with her mom's tragic case of multiple myeloma. Please pray for Mary (DaisyMay) and her mom, Rosalyn who is very ill. Thanks so much, and God bless.

><>

Alffe 05-26-2007 03:42 PM

Sending prayers for DaisyMay and Rosalyn. Thanks for letting us know Cindy.

Chemar 05-26-2007 04:45 PM

thanks so much for letting us know, Cindy

Please do let DaisyMay know that my prayers are lifted for her mom, and also for her. :grouphug:

AfterMyNap 05-28-2007 11:03 AM

Hi all, I just spoke briefly with DM and got more news that is not good. Mom was experiencing labored breathing yesterday and had an X-ray that showed a lung tumor the size of a golfball. DM said that Mom had an X-ray 2 months ago that showed nothing; this demonstrates an aggressive growth. They do not know whether this is a different cancer or some version of metastasis.

I sense that our little DM is in a state of overdrive that is somehow buffering the hurt and frustration. Continued prayers are the very best gift we can offer these two ladies.

She will know more tomorrow when additional tests have been analyzed.

DM, Mom, and I, are very grateful for your prayers and concern.

KathyM 05-28-2007 11:18 AM

Cindy

I'll keep them in my prayers. There were quite a few people with multiple myeloma in my amyloidosis support group. Apparently, people with MM can also develop amyloidosis.

PS: May I ask, what does "DM" stand for? :confused:

watsonsh 05-28-2007 11:58 AM

THey are both in my prayers. God Bless.

AfterMyNap 05-28-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathyM (Post 106066)
Cindy

I'll keep them in my prayers. There were quite a few people with multiple myeloma in my amyloidosis support group. Apparently, people with MM can also develop amyloidosis.

PS: May I ask, what does "DM" stand for? :confused:

Whoopsie, sorry, member DaisyMay, we're in the habit of calling her "DM" for fun. She's a very fun person when things are going better.

I don't know much about MM, but from the little I've read, Mom's is pretty unforgiving.

This is just so hard to comprehend for us mere mortals.

Chemar 05-28-2007 02:07 PM

Cindy
i appreciate the update.

DM has such a cheerful and caring nature from what I have seen on the boards and it is heartbreaking to imagine just how this is affecting her.

My prayers remain lifted, especially that Rosalyn will not suffer and always asking for that possible miracle :grouphug:

and a :hug: for you too Cindy for being such a caring friend to DM

Chemar 05-29-2007 11:45 AM

just bumping this up so we can all remember to pray for DaisyMay (Mary) and for her mom Rosalyn

:grouphug:

AfterMyNap 05-29-2007 01:47 PM

Thanks, Chem, it means a lot.

AfterMyNap 05-29-2007 07:34 PM

Our little DM posted an update over in MS, so I thought you all might appreciate it here, too. Thank you, everyone again, this is a difficult time for our friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisymay (Post 106675)
Just wanted to say THANK YOU all for your prayers... It's amazing how much strength can be pulled from your posts..... I soooo appreciate places like NT, where everyone has either been where I'm at now or has experienced something very similar.

I am mourning the thought of losing someone I love very much.....

Mom will be starting radiation Thurs...for pain relief only. The outlook is very bleak, but they feel this treatment is very effective in pain control and that is our hope...keeping her comfortable..

For those of you who already know me, I think you are awesome....

For those of you who are not familiar w/me, I can't wait to get to know you better, as I know you are all awesome people too.

Bless you all.......

AfterMyNap 06-04-2007 08:54 AM

Hi all, thanks again for your prayers and well wishes for DaisyMay and her mom. The tides have turned and the cancer is increasingly aggressive. Mom is now on a morphine drip and DM has been camping in her hospital room these last few nights.

Our prayers and support have meant the world to both of these women and I humbly ask you all to continue to help me lift these women in prayer. Thanks.

Chemar 06-04-2007 08:59 AM

thanks for the update Cindy tho I sure wish the news were better

I pray that Rosalyn will not suffer and that the treatment will help to damp the pain.

As God has told us we should never cease praying, I still pray for a miraculous healing.
May His peace and comfort be with DM, and His presence and love be a reassurance for Rosalyn.
We dont understand why there is so much suffering, but we know He will be with us through it

AfterMyNap 06-08-2007 12:15 PM

Quick update, no major changes, Mom has had some ups and downs the last few days and is again stable. Her favorite grandchild is due in town Saturday and there is hope that she's hanging on for that visit.

Chemar 06-08-2007 09:00 PM

so good that the grandchild will be there to visit tomorrow, Cindy

AfterMyNap 06-10-2007 04:30 PM

Well, now that Mom has seen the grandchildren, Daisymay feels that she has reached a certain level of peace. She has slept most of the day today and is very calm. DM is hanging on and continued prayers are the greatest gift. Thanks, all.

Idealist 06-10-2007 08:54 PM

Hi Cindy...

I am saying a prayer for all three of you right now. May God bless you all, and intercede to make things better again.

Idealist

AfterMyNap 06-13-2007 08:50 AM

Okay, all. DM just called and Mom is now in hospice care and is gradually shutting down. DM is a real trooper and is leaning hard on her faith. It is especially difficult because of the timing re: today is DM's birthday, but what greater gift than to know that Mom will suffer no more?

She will be camping at the hospital with Mom full time now and will need our prayers more than ever.

Thank you all so much for lifting our friend during this ordeal. I am convinced that God has heard us and has kept DM strong through all of this.

Chemar 06-13-2007 09:01 AM

:hug: ((((((((DM)))))))))) and (((((((((((Rosalyn))))))))))

May this birthday yet be filled with blessings for DaisyMay despite the sorrow of Rosalyn so near or at the end of this life's journey

May God's love surround both DM and her mom and reassure them that He is with them.

Not goodbye..........just farewell till they meet again where there is no more pain and no more tears! :grouphug:

May God bless you too Cindy for being such a caring and faithful friend to DM:hug:

KathyM 06-13-2007 09:22 AM

Keeping DM and Rosalyn in my prayers.

AfterMyNap 06-14-2007 06:42 PM

I just spoke with DM, and Rosalyn is now on the steady morphine drip. Her pain had increased to an unbearable level and she had a 102° fever they could not kick. She is resting peacefully and breathing regularly. She was able to acknowledge her son today but drifted to sleep quickly.

DM's voice now issues a peace I have not heard since this all began. "My heart hurts... it just hurts too much to think about this," she said.

Mom will remain on the drip until God calls her soul and takes her home. Please help me pray for our friend, she is in a very vulnerable way just now.

Chemar 06-16-2007 10:15 AM

Hi Cindy

just checking in on DM and mom

hoping Rosalyn is at peace and not suffering and that DM is holding up and leaning on God.

AfterMyNap 06-17-2007 08:43 AM

"But those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
—Isaiah 40:31

Hi, everyone, DM's mom (Rosalyn) passed away peacefully around 7:00 Saturday evening (June 16). Our friend allowed herself a a good cry and is holding up as well as can be expected. She is plainly exhausted but is showing tremendous strength. Your continued prayers for the family are most appreciated.

DM wants you all to know how grateful she is for all of your prayers and support. Also, I thank you.

Chemar 06-17-2007 09:34 AM

May the Peace of God, which passes all understanding, be with DM

My deepest condolences to the family and prayers for comfort and strength as they now go through funeral/memorial preparations.

KathyM 06-17-2007 09:56 AM

My prayers are with DM and her family.

Rest in peace ((Rosalyn))