NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Starting to wonder... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/21548-starting-wonder.html)

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-10-2007 08:11 PM

Starting to wonder...

I haven't had an exacerbation since last December and for me, that's a real milestone.

This past week, however, I've been going downhill. It all started on Monday when I worked on a landscape job in the 97 degree heat (yeah yeah I know). By Tuesday afternoon, I was feeling better and thought maybe I had my usual Uthoff's Syndrome symptoms and was over it. By Thursday, I was still doing the denial thing.

Well, by last night I can no longer do the denial dance. My right leg is definitely giving me fits and I can hardly touch it and now my left arm is doing the same thing. Today, my right hand is almost numb and I cannot bend my right thumb.

I hate this. Fatigue is kicking my butt, but it usually does this time of year because of the heat, but it hasn't been hot since Monday.

I am in this clinical trial and I know that I cannot do steroids ... except once during the whole trial, so I am kind of up a creek here. I just don't know what to do...but I know that I need to call my neuro next week if this keeps up.

:(

AfterMyNap 06-10-2007 08:29 PM

Well, missy, all this galavanting around the country while running a landscape business and acting like a laborer in the heat of summer while simultaneously pushing yourself harder than you know you should, might be causing a little stress. (in my oh-so-humble, hardly qualified, barely experienced, little opinion that doesn't amount to a hill of crap when all is said and done)

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-10-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 111415)
Well, missy, all this galavanting around the country while running a landscape business and acting like a laborer in the heat of summer while simultaneously pushing yourself harder than you know you should, might be causing a little stress. (in my oh-so-humble, hardly qualified, barely experienced, little opinion that doesn't amount to a hill of crap when all is said and done)

Gee, ya think?

Stress? Me? Oh yeah, just a little.

And yes, Missy, your opinion counts for a huge pile of crap! And don't you ever forget that!

:hug:

SallyC 06-10-2007 09:16 PM

Cheryl, repeat after me..."I have MS, therefore, cannot do all the normal things that "normal" peep's do in a day."

Take it easy for a few days, OK? And don't take on any over the top in the heat jobs for awhile. I hope you aren't in an exacerbation. If it doesn't get worse, wait it out and rest, rest, rest.

Don't make us come and get you.:eek:

Taffy 06-10-2007 10:50 PM

:eek: Did you read that? Sally said Peeps! Maybe you should shoot some FG to make you feel better.

You had some major change in your life and then played to hard in almost 100 degree weather!

(wishing with all my might that it would go away for you!)

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-11-2007 10:11 AM

I know I know, but usually, I do mean that sincerely, this goes away. One day working doesn't stick around like this.

Having said that, I haven't had an exacerbation since December which in and or itself should send bells and whistles off in my head anyway. I have had regular exacerbations every 3-4 months since my dx in 2001. So this little hiatus was very nice.

I am wondering if this one is going to kick my butt b/c I am not feeling well at all.

Yeah, Taffy I caught that words Peeps. Sally has no clue...no clue at all! LOL!

SallyC 06-11-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 111610)
Yeah, Taffy I caught that words Peeps. Sally has no clue...no clue at all! LOL!

Unless you're talking about those squishy little chicken peeps, with which some idiots seem to have a fettish.:p

AfterMyNap 06-11-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 111614)
Unless you're talking about those squishy little chicken peeps, with which some idiots seem to have a fettish.:p

They're fun to cook with, I know that much.

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-11-2007 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 111617)

Yes she does know that. I personally think they make good launching material. They certainly are edible! :eek:

MSacorn 06-11-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 111617)

Did you know you can microwave two on a paper plate and they will appear to dance/fight with each other. Can't remember for how long to cook, but watch for explosions if you leave in there too long. :D

Sweetyhide 06-11-2007 03:07 PM

Sorry to hear you still aren't feeling well. I will cross my fingers that it's just from overdoing it.

Be well.

FlyFishin Momma 06-11-2007 03:09 PM

uuuuhhhhhooohhh some here know of the peeps games lol......

You should not have even got this bunch started on the peeps.......lol

FG......what happens if you have to have the roids? with the trial I mean?
This must suck for you....mentally and physically....
My prayers are with ya,

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-11-2007 03:11 PM

My PCP called in a refill for vicodin. The last time it was filled was March of '06 for 30 tabs. I am definitely not an habitual user of vicodin! But I am in need right now. ;)

Making trip to pharmacy....in my car that is not lost! :OuttaHere:

FlyFishin Momma 06-11-2007 03:15 PM

Will that help Cheryl?

(I know I have a bottle thats been filled since nov and only use if I have to........but they help when I DO need them

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-11-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyFishin Momma (Post 111706)
Will that help Cheryl?

(I know I have a bottle thats been filled since nov and only use if I have to........but they help when I DO need them

Yes, it does help. Takes the edge off so I can sleep!

It's about the only pain med I do take. I have some oxycodone here that I have for emergencies but I hate taking it. In fact, it's 3 yrs old and probably not any good anymore!

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-11-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyFishin Momma (Post 111703)
uuuuhhhhhooohhh some here know of the peeps games lol......

You should not have even got this bunch started on the peeps.......lol

FG......what happens if you have to have the roids? with the trial I mean?
This must suck for you....mentally and physically....
My prayers are with ya,

According to the study nurse and the protocol, I can only do 'roids once during the entire trial. I don't want to have to do them. And, the last two times I have done 'roids, they have really made me sick. I have done some much over the last 6 years that I am starting to have bad reactions to them so I would really rather not.

The last time I did was August last year. I suffered through my last exacerbation in December. Not sure what I am going to do...right now I am going to wait and see what happens over the next week.

Chris 06-11-2007 05:23 PM

Hello Cheryl,
How long are you enrolled in the study? Would you consider this to be one of your worst exacerbations?

I hope things quiet down for you soon.

All the best,
Chris

Riverwild 06-11-2007 05:31 PM

Boy, you need this like you need a hole in the head!!! Oh wait...you have those already!!:p

Try to rest! I know that is hard for you, but it's the only advice I can offer.

Let us know how it goes! Have a pain pill! ( or two ) If that doesn't work I am sure we can come up with "another" treatment :D

Nancy

ewizabeth 06-11-2007 05:38 PM

Hi Cheryl,

I hope you're feeling better today, getting some rest? Try not to overdo it. Maybe this will pass quickly.

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-11-2007 10:45 PM

I've got my vicodin refill and I am going to bed. Thanks everyone.

SallyC 06-12-2007 01:08 PM

Hows are you doing today, Cheryl, any better? I hope so.:hug:

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-12-2007 02:17 PM

I slept for 12 hours last night. Still feeling pretty crappy. I don't think this is going away. :(

SallyC 06-12-2007 04:51 PM

Well that just stinks, Cheryl. I hope another couple of nights of sleep like that will help, though.

Hang in there and take care of yourself.

Taffy 06-12-2007 07:22 PM

Noooooooooooooooooo......grabbing a bunch of peeps and smashing with a hammer.

greta 06-12-2007 08:55 PM

Taffy, I think she's going to need an IV infusion of those darned peeps. Anyone got a blowtorch so I can melt them down? I think I have one of those meat marinade injectors around here somewhere....

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-12-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greta (Post 112274)
Taffy, I think she's going to need an IV infusion of those darned peeps. Anyone got a blowtorch so I can melt them down? I think I have one of those meat marinade injectors around here somewhere....

Oh No! I think this is going to hurt. Running from room screaming....:eek:

AfterMyNap 06-12-2007 09:16 PM

*tossing Greta Pampered Chef kitchen torch*

Will that do, or shall we get out the biggun'?

*digging through marine welding equipment*

Flygirl, get back here!

*running after FG with ropes and chains*

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-12-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 112285)
*tossing Greta Pampered Chef kitchen torch*

Will that do, or shall we get out the biggun'?

*digging through marine welding equipment*

Flygirl, get back here!

*running after FG with ropes and chains*

hopping in airplane, starting engine...

(she thinks she can catch up with me) even with this numb leg and numb right hand I can go faster than her!

OH NO, she's got her scooter on the runway...now what??? :eek:

AfterMyNap 06-12-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 112302)
hopping in airplane, starting engine...

(she thinks she can catch up with me) even with this numb leg and numb right hand I can go faster than her!

OH NO, she's got her scooter on the runway...now what??? :eek:

*Racing past FG to plane*

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I could not have hoped for anything better if I had planned it!!

*watching TireSlasher run away and leap the fence*

He's so stinkin' cute!

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-13-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 112327)
*Racing past FG to plane*

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I could not have hoped for anything better if I had planned it!!

*watching TireSlasher run away and leap the fence*

He's so stinkin' cute!

She's dumping me for some cute guy who hasn't even come back to the board from his weekend of "wild whatever" AND I AM THE SICK ONE.

some friend you are.....I will remember this...:p

Taffy 06-13-2007 09:09 PM

Come on FG....just a couple vials of peep peeeee!

Snoopy 06-13-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 112466)
She's dumping me for some cute guy who hasn't even come back to the board from his weekend of "wild whatever" AND I AM THE SICK ONE.

Oh heck! Your both sick....:p

Cheryl, how a feelin'?

SallyC 06-13-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taffy (Post 112726)
Come on FG....just a couple vials of peep peeeee!

Rotflmao!! Is that instead of Steroids...:eek:

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-13-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopy (Post 112733)
Oh heck! Your both sick....:p

Cheryl, how a feelin'?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 112752)

If I am going to do peep peeee instead of steroids, I guess I had better start feeling better, cuz I think the peep peeeee would make me worse.

Taffy is threatening me! Someone help me, pleeeeeeze!!!!

:eek:

to answer your question LeAnn, NOT.

JaneFordA 06-14-2007 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 111614)

:eek: The purple rabbity ones are way kewler and superior to any chicken peeps. :p

JaneFordA 06-14-2007 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 112752)

::: picking myself off floor::: Ohhhhhhh. Y'all are talking about 'roids as in "ster-" and not (thank God and Greyhound) as in "hem-" which really put me in a dither.

Can you imagine wanting (or worse still, "needing!!!") a round of hem-roids?! :eek: :winky:

sassy 06-14-2007 03:09 PM

OK, do I have to come over there and tell you what to do Cheryl???

Slow down, stay cool, don't let AMN anywhere near you, stay away from you know who on someplace else....there, don't you feel better already?

Seriously, (in my best Gray's anatomy voice) I hope you are feeling so much better.

AfterMyNap 06-14-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassy (Post 113013)
OK, do I have to come over there and tell you what to do Cheryl???

Slow down, stay cool, don't let AMN anywhere near you, stay away from you know who on someplace else....there, don't you feel better already?

Seriously, (in my best Gray's anatomy voice) I hope you are feeling so much better.

You're goin' down, smartypants. I know where you live!:cool:

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-14-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 113025)
You're goin' down, smartypants. I know where you live!:cool:

This I gotta see!

Maybe this is just what I need to snap me outta this exacerbation! LOL! :D

AfterMyNap 06-14-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 113074)
This I gotta see!

Maybe this is just what I need to snap me outta this exacerbation! LOL! :D

I'M NOT GOING TO VIDEO TAPE A CRIME!

How are you, Flygirlie?