NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Need a lot of prayers (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/217153-lot-prayers.html)

Jappy 03-09-2015 12:48 PM

Need a lot of prayers

High everyone, haven't been around for awhile but still keep checking.
I need prayers, I have been diagnosed with LUNG CANCER.

Seeing the surgeon this Thursday to make a date for surgery. They are planning to take out the right upper lobe of the lung. I am so scared. I am not a youngster anymore and I don't know how the MS is going to react to this.

My family have been great supporters, but the fear is so great. There are days when I am doing good, my trust in the Lord my God is helping me.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Jappy :smileypray::smileypray:

Kitty 03-09-2015 01:35 PM

Oh, Jappy! I am so very sorry to hear this. You will definitely be in my prayers.

I know you must be terrified as anyone would be hearing this news. I know you have lots going on right now but if you can please keep us updated. We all care very much for you. :hug:

SallyC 03-09-2015 02:05 PM

Oh Joyce, I'm so sorry to hear this. Nasty dang cancer.:(. You are always in my
daily prayers, but now I will be dbl timing. Life really does suck sometimes huh.:mad:

I will be praying for a safe and completely successful operation. Please let me
know if there is anything else I can do, to make this trip a bit easier for you.
So glad your Family will be there for you.

God bless you and hold you safe, Joyce.:grouphug:

ewizabeth 03-09-2015 02:12 PM

Dear Jappy,

I'm saying a prayer for you right now. :hug: I hope your MS stays calm throughout your surgery and treatment! :grouphug:

Snoopy 03-09-2015 02:24 PM

Joyce, I am so very sorry :hug:

Sending Prayers :smileypray:

Blessings2You 03-09-2015 04:24 PM

I'm praying for you too

doydie 03-09-2015 11:34 PM

I am so sorry Jappy, I will be in prayer for you, your whole team and family. I hope your neuro knows this is happening so they can be on standby

msbluis 03-09-2015 11:53 PM

Hi Jappy,
I'm sure most of your fellow MS'ers took a deep breath when they read your cancer post

You've struggled and fought with MS for several years so you've proven how strong you are. We will be beside you all the way. So I hope you know you will have all of us in your corner, ready to share a hug, a smile, an encouraging word in this next fight.
Think of us as your little angel helpers on your shoulder. That way you'll know someone is thinking about you every time you see an angel. We are here for you...

Darlene 03-10-2015 01:31 AM

Jappy,

So sad to hear what you are going through. My prayers along with the many others here are coming you way. :smileypray:

Keep us upto date on your conition. :hug:

Darlene

tkrik 03-10-2015 01:12 PM

Jappy!:( I'm so sorry to hear about what you are now going through. You've certainly had a rough time as of late. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated.:hug::hug:

Littlepaw 03-10-2015 05:03 PM

Hi Jappy,

So sorry to hear your news! I am on another subgroup (CRPS) but I saw this post as I scrolled by. My mother has MS so I understand about surgeries and exacerbation. I will be praying for you too. It's always worth telling anaesthesia and everyone else about the MS in case they can do anything to minimize repercussions. 900 mg neurontin is recommended pre-op to stave off chronic pain and might help keep the nerves more calm in general.

Sending Healing Love,
Littlepaw :hug:

NurseNancy 03-11-2015 08:56 AM

dear joyce,

i'm so sorry to hear this news. i know how frightening it is as i got a breast Ca dx some yrs ago and needed surgery. i've had about 6 surgeries and was scared of having a relapse but it never happened.

please try to take one thing and one day at a time. i'm sending calming and healing prayers your way. and, giving you a big hug. please keep us posted.:hug:

barb02 03-11-2015 11:49 AM

Adding my prayers. I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Hoping you have a lot of support and comfort from family and friends.

Judy2 03-12-2015 07:58 PM

Praying for you, Jappy, and trusting your faith in the Lord will carry you through this trying time. As if the ms isn't enough......life sure doesn't seem fair at times. How did your appointment with the surgeon go today? Please keep us up-dated.

:smileypray::smileypray::smileypray::hug::hug::hug ::circlelove::grouphug:

Jappy 03-12-2015 08:49 PM

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support.

The surgery will be on Fri. March 20th. I have to go this coming Tues. for all pre-admission tests and talk with the anesthesia dr.

The surgeon explained today what is to be done and also all the what ifs.
Surgery can be 2-6 hrs. depending on what she has to do to cut out the lobe.
Also some lymph nodes.

I understand that they have to tell you everything, but I wish I didn't know now as much as I do. Understand they are going to put a tube in me to drain
and that part is the most painful having it in me they say.

Jappy :Thank you:

ger715 03-12-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jappy (Post 1129159)

The surgery will be on Fri. March 20th. I have to go this coming Tues. for all pre-admission tests and talk with the anesthesia dr.

Also some lymph nodes.

I understand that they have to tell you everything, but I wish I didn't know now as much as I do. Understand they are going to put a tube in me to drain

I had cancer surgery in another area and had a tube for draining. To be honest; just all seemed part of the process of post surgery healing; didn't give any special thought to it. Maybe just as well no one had mentioned it beforehand.

Many prayers coming your way,
:smileypray::smileypray::smileypray:

Gerry

SallyC 03-12-2015 10:31 PM

Thank you for checking in with us. I am setting the 20th aside as a day of prayer for you.
We will all be there with you.:grouphug:

doydie 03-13-2015 12:59 AM

Jappy, glad you now have more info. yes, the chest tube is painful. But you wouldn't like life without it.

ger715 03-19-2015 11:09 AM

Jappy,

Our prayers and thoughts will be with you tomorrow, Friday, March 20th for a successful outcome with your surgery.

Please, when you are able, keep us informed how you are coming along.

Gerry

TXBatman 03-20-2015 11:44 AM

Praying for a successful surgery, speedy recovery, and excellent future path for your fight against cancer! Good luck with everything today, we are all pulling for you!

SallyC 03-20-2015 11:53 AM

You are on my mind and in my prayers today, as you go through your ordeal. http://ntf2.psychcentral.com/images/smilies/love.gif
Please be safe and let us know how you are as soon as you are able. http://ntf2.psychcentral.com/images/...miley_pray.gif

Kitty 03-20-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jappy (Post 1129159)

Also some lymph nodes.

Praying for you Jappy. Please let us know how you're doing when you feel able. :hug:

tkrik 03-22-2015 11:13 PM

Still keeping you in my prayers and hoping that things went well on Friday. Please update us when you can as you know us mother hens will worry if we don't hear from you. :D:hug::hug:

SallyC 03-23-2015 11:36 AM

Hi Joyce, thinking of you and holding you.:grouphug:

Debbie D 03-26-2015 06:56 PM

Just got online and read this thread...prayers for healing and strength coming your way, dear...:grouphug:

Kitty 03-26-2015 07:27 PM

Has anyone heard from Jappy since her surgery? I hope she's doing okay.