NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   i have been worried about pudge again (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/236371-worried-pudge.html)

mymorgy 05-29-2016 06:57 AM

i have been worried about pudge again

i hardly see her eat. i think i am going to take her to the vet this week. she loves to be brushed. I feel pain.
bobby

OhKay 05-29-2016 07:16 AM

Just because you don't see her eat doesn't mean she isn't eating :hug:
I hope that you get to see her eat some more, feel better, and don't have to spend the money on the vet :hug::hug::hug:

I'm sorry you're so worried Bobby. It must be so much harder after losing Abby :hug::hug::hug:

I'm glad she likes to be brushed so much though. My cats really just like to rub their faces on the brush. Dottie really needs to be brushed because she gets knots near her rear end, but she hates having them brushed out. I feel so bad when I have to do it.
My husband goes a little wild with the catnip and it gets stuck in their fur. I have to brush it off all of them before I can vacuum it up off the floor because they would just track it everywhere.

Keep brushing her, and spoiling her :)

mymorgy 05-29-2016 11:13 AM

i don't understand bizi...what what does that have to do with pudge not eating much. I am really in pain that something is wrong with her. If she dies i don't think i can get another kitty cat, I couldn't stand the pain and probably the vet bills.

bizi 05-29-2016 11:23 AM

I am sorry you are in so much pain.
I was responding to kays post about her cats and fur etc.
I should not have posted that in your thread.
I am sorry I will delete that post.
bizi

mrsD 05-29-2016 11:27 AM

cats eat less when it is hot out. They also eat less if they are not moving around much.

Do a good play session...make her hunt her toy, stalk and catch something, and see if she then goes to her food plate. They usually do that after an activity session.

mymorgy 05-29-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1212669)
I am sorry you are in so much pain.
I was responding to kays post about her cats and fur etc.
I should not have posted that in your thread.
I am sorry I will delete that post.
bizi

thanks i didn't understand

mymorgy 05-29-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsD (Post 1212671)
cats eat less when it is hot out. They also eat less if they are not moving around much.

Do a good play session...make her hunt her toy, stalk and catch something, and see if she then goes to her food plate. They usually do that after an activity session.

thanks. she likes to be brushed but she has never played that much. i will brush her again a little later. she has been staying on one stop. i take the food she seems to like and put it back into the bag and put it back onto the plate. she eats a little. Her temperature has been normal. other than the brushing she is not moving around. she won't touch her former favorite food i ordered small portions of other food yesterday to see if i could hit a jack pot. i love her so much.
thanks again
bobby

mymorgy 05-29-2016 01:18 PM

i turned on the air conditioner and found a toy she likes and played with her and then poured the food back in the container and poured it back into the plate and walked away and saw her eating. i didn't want to watch her because then she walks away. she ate. thank you so much. i will try it later. that is a very good sign right?
bobby

Mari 05-29-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1212686)
i turned on the air conditioner and found a toy she likes and played with her and then poured the food back in the container and poured it back into the plate and walked away and saw her eating. i didn't want to watch her because then she walks away. she ate. thank you so much. i will try it later. that is a very good sign right?
bobby

That is a great sign.

M

mymorgy 05-29-2016 03:43 PM

she ate a couple of more times!

mrsD 05-29-2016 03:44 PM

When cats play..stalk and catch.. It mimics real life
Hunting.. This leads to eating.

Do you have any cat trees for climbing? Indoor cats really
Need this for emotional reasons and exercise.

mymorgy 05-29-2016 05:23 PM

i have a cat tree but they don't seem to be interested in it. any other advice will be gladly welcome. thank you again.
bobby

mrsD 05-29-2016 09:05 PM

Is it at a window?

mymorgy 05-30-2016 06:29 AM

no. i think i will buy a new one. this morning we played. thanks so much. she had so much energy.
bobby

OhKay 05-30-2016 07:45 AM

It's wonderful that Pudge is eating, playing, and showing energy! :):):)
Are you playing with Tiramisu as well?

You must feel so much better, Bobby :hug::hug::hug:

Thank you mrsD! :)

mrsD 05-30-2016 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you shop for a new tree, take your time and get one that your cats can climb easily and sleep on.

The best of our 3 trees has a spiral curved ledges that are easy for an older cat to manage as steps.

We had two very old cats who could manage this type:
New Cat Condos 33" Cat Perch & Reviews | Wayfair

Our tree is similar with 2 higher curved platforms.

The tree should also be firm and not rickety...they may not use it if it moves too much.

I bought one just like ours for our son when he moved to his new home a few years ago. He put it in a dark corner, and the cats never used it. I was visiting one day and noticed and suggested he put it in a window and now his cats are in it all the time.

This is a photo of our tree.... showing the top 3 ledges. Our cats spend alot of time in this tree...it makes them feel safe too.

mymorgy 05-30-2016 11:36 AM

i bought it. do you think though i should take pudge to the vet. she ate a lot yesterday and played a lot today but she hasn't eaten yet
bobby

mymorgy 05-30-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhKay (Post 1212729)
It's wonderful that Pudge is eating, playing, and showing energy! :):):)
Are you playing with Tiramisu as well?

You must feel so much better, Bobby :hug::hug::hug:

Thank you mrsD! :)

yes i am playing with tiramisu...i am still having trouble with my monitor. most of the time it won't light up. I am still suffering from deep depression.
bobby

OhKay 05-31-2016 07:55 AM

It's great that you are playing with them both! And they will probably both love that cat tree (those were great picks mrsD).

If Pudge ate yesterday and played today, I don't think she needs to see the vet. I don't think she would be playing if she was sick.

I'm sorry you're still having problems with your computer… has Robert already been by to look at it again? Are you considering hitting Walmart/eBay/Amazon/eBay/etc to find a new monitor?

I'm sorry you are still depressed Bobby. I hope that your pdoc makes a med change that offers more help the next time you see him :hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 05-31-2016 09:16 AM

i don't know if it is the monitor or the computer. robert should know. cecilia took pudge's weight and it is the same it was a few weeks ago. maybe she is sneak eating because everything else is normal. cecilia says i need something to worry about. tigerdirect and staples have good buus I impressed my nephew that i went on the ussr and the queen elizabeth. he is really into boats. i will try not to worry about pudge.
bobby

Dmom3005 05-31-2016 10:23 AM

Bobby

I personally agree with Cecelia, that you need something to worry about.

So I think what I would do is have Cecelia keep weighing her for you.
That way you know she is okay. If things change then I believe
Cecelia will also help you decide what to do.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 05-31-2016 01:12 PM

i know but i thought that pudge was psychologically reactically to tiramisu and when i took to the vet she had a respiratory infection and then abby died and then when i was worried about my sister, she died...i have generalized anxiety disorder.
bobby

OhKay 06-01-2016 07:05 AM

Cecilia sounds like such a nice lady, a smart lady, and a good friend :hug:

I think she's right, you do need something to worry about, or rather you will always find something to worry about because of the GAD. One of the things that I hate about GAD is the catastrophic thinking… worrying that the worst of the worst of any/everything will happen :hug::hug::hug:
I understand how difficult GAD can be. I'm very thankful that the seroquel I take treats my anxiety disorders as well as it does. I would be a MESS otherwise.

It makes perfect sense to me that you're worrying about Pudge because of Abby's death :hug::hug::hug:
But it sounds like Pudge is doing just fine right now. She is probably sneak eating. You can't watch them 100% of the time, and cats are sneaky. I never see Dottie eat, but I know she isn't starving herself because she's fat. I think when you start worrying that Pudge is sick again it would be a good idea to discuss your concerns with Cecilia. It sounds like she would be a good person to help evaluate what's going on :hug:

I'm glad you impressed your nephew with your cruises. I know you he's traveled. I know you have due some more of your own traveling. That's something you can share :hug:

I'm sorry about your computer issues. I hope what's going on is fixable. If its not, I hope it's just the monitor because that's much cheaper to replace when compared to a computer :hug:

mymorgy 06-01-2016 07:55 AM

yesterday pudge ran to the food and then ran away. I know they are sneak eaters but this is driving me crazy. i am going to make an appointment with the vet. I am severely depressed.right now nothing is working for my constipation.
I thought so long that the monitor wouldn't light up but it finally did. I am so down.
bobby

bizi 06-01-2016 08:20 AM

I am sorry bobby.
Are you still using the mag oxide?
bizi
I have diarrhea but would rather go then be constipated if I don't take it.
sorry TMI

mymorgy 06-01-2016 09:45 AM

no i haven't taken that.i am going back on magnesium caplets. i made an appt with the vet on friday. if i see her eat i will cancel it. i could have given her pneunomia if i ignored her last symptoms.
bobby

mymorgy 06-01-2016 02:46 PM

i saw pudge eat a little so i cancelled the appointment. cecilia told me the story of one of her cats didn't seem right. she took her to the best vet in nyc and he said she was so healthy. two months later she died from bone cancer. i am still watching her.
bobby

bizi 06-01-2016 08:16 PM

doctors and vets all make mistakes....
bizi

OhKay 06-02-2016 08:24 AM

Have you ever tried sennakot? I'm taking fiber con, sennakot, and lactulose now and things are going well.
Magnesium citrate is a liquid you can get OTC if things haven't moved in a while, but it will really clean you out. It tastes gross, but it works. I used to mix it with juice. I wish it still worked for me. It used to be my go-to.

I'm sorry you have to continue to worry about Pudge. I know it's hard :hug:

mrsD 06-02-2016 10:35 AM

May I give you another tip?

Cats do not like it when you stare at them. They consider that a
hostile action.

They do respond positively to a slow blink. I bet you are watching Pudge too much, esp at the food area, and making her nervous. Talk in a gentle voice to her, and give her the slow blink when you first look in her direction. It will diffuse her worry about hostility and possibly relax the situation.

3 Ways to Communicate with Your Cat - wikiHow

In our house, Maya is very sensitive to staring. Weezie much less so. So I always to the slow blink with Maya, more often than with Weezie. Maya was feral born, and Weezie house born.
So I think Weezie was far more used to people, and Maya remains skittish still even at 4 yrs old, now.

mymorgy 06-02-2016 12:21 PM

thank you so much
bobby
pudge likes her new food and i put it under the table where she might feel safer

mymorgy 06-03-2016 03:58 PM

i haven't seen pudge eat today and i am growing so irritated and frustrated and depressed.she just started eating the moment i started typing. maybe this does have something to do with tiramisu. i just saved about three hundred dollars.
i have been moving the food dish nearer and nearer to her and further away from tiramisu.she is still eating. she was playing before. i love that cat so much and for all those years she was always a good eater. I think she is making my mental illness worse right now
bobby. she stopped eating but at least she ate

OhKay 06-04-2016 08:04 AM

I'm glad she's eating for you. I think it was a good idea that you moved her food dish farther away from Tiramisu's and into a "safer" place.

mymorgy 06-04-2016 05:50 PM

I think it has really helped.
bobby
ps just found out my cousin's son has brain cancer. I will find out more later.
He is my closest relative.

OhKay 06-05-2016 08:02 AM

How sad… I hope that he has a good prognosis.

I'm so sorry Bobby :hug::hug::hug:

bizi 06-05-2016 08:37 AM

bobby, so sorry to read this.
one more thing for you to worry about am afraid.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

mymorgy 06-05-2016 09:23 AM

thank you. alan will learn more about craig's condition in several weeks. He wakes up with awful headaches that last for over an an hour and then alan says he can function moderately well. he is doing a lot of physical work and every other day runs six miles with a 30 pound weight strapped around his waist. he is 28. the poor kid hasn't gotten a break. he has ‎Asperger's His mother is bipolar. Alan thinks he also has ‎Asperger's. Alan is divorced and has been the primary caretaker with my aunt since craig was little. alan has a daughter holly who suffers from depression and maybe bipolar.
Last night we talked a lot but it was mostly about his cats and the cats in the neighbor. they form gangs lol. His cats are very friendly. His son has a mastiff lab who is not allowed to eat the cat's food. He is allowed however to eat the bits if they fall onto the floor out of the bowl. Alan saids the cat drops a few every now and then to feed the cat lol.
bobby

OhKay 06-06-2016 07:29 AM

So much sadness… I wish him the best :hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 06-07-2016 10:18 AM

thank you so very much.
bobby