NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   isolating (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/245978-isolating.html)

mymorgy 03-22-2017 06:08 AM

isolating

that is what i am doing.I am not seeing cecilia. I am not going to the senior center. I do have fun with marcia. reading more. I am not depressed thanks to topamax. I probably just gained a pound. I don't see stella. I see the doctor today

OhKay 03-22-2017 06:55 AM

I do that from time to time, Bobby. Sometimes we just need some alone time. I'm glad that you are seeing Marcia, and are enjoying her company, so you are not totally isolated.

You are a social person by nature, but I think that what you are doing now is okay, as long as it doesn't go on for too long :hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 03-22-2017 07:51 AM

it just seems so natural now

OhKay 03-22-2017 09:20 AM

Sometimes getting myself out of here is like pulling teeth.

bizi 03-23-2017 08:05 AM

I am glad the topamax is helping your depression.
bizi:hug:

Mari 03-23-2017 11:58 PM

Do what works for you, Bobby.

When you are able to go out, you will.

M

mymorgy 03-24-2017 01:32 PM

made an appt to see my eye dr for generaal appt next friday at 1:30. I started worrying about it because my doctor made me worrybecause of my diabetes.
he confused me. he sort of said i didn't have diabetes but was close/ of well. still isolating in bed and thinking about death and asksing God for forgivance and now thinking of blindness. why am i torturing myself.

Dmom3005 03-24-2017 03:29 PM

Glad you made the appointment.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

bizi 03-24-2017 10:50 PM

hi bobby,
I am sorry that you struggle.
I wish things were easier for you.
know that we care about you here.
(((((HUGS)))))
love bizi

OhKay 03-25-2017 08:18 AM

:hug::hug::hug: Bobby :hug::hug::hug:

Maybe the med adjustment went a little too far. That has happened to me before. You could check in with you pdoc?

It's good to have your eyes checked every year, especially if you have diabetes. Not everyone with diabetes gets eye problems tho. And you haven't mentioned any problems, so everything is probably okay :hug:

I wish you were feeling better :hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 03-25-2017 08:59 AM

i see the pdoc next week. i forgot to take klonopin yesterday. everything seems to be getting to me. I am upset about the p.t. but my balance is getting better although i fell this week.not walking with cecilia and getting coffee is bothering me a lot more than i realized. it is weird but the doubling up on i forgot what is helping me with depression. that is the first sign of cognitive interference. I have been so itchy. I have been so constipated and fatigued. I think i have down played the stroke effects. everything has been much harder. then I gained all that weight. I feel my age. I wonder if my social worker can give me more help. I wonder if my pharmacist is ripping me off. they already tried to charge me 26 dollars when it was seven dollars and I just got my mastercard statement and the bill from them seemed higher than it should be. I called them and asked for a an accounting. I will pick it up later. Epic isn't open till monday.I am overwhelmed. I took benadryl. I have general anxiety disorder among everything else. Now it is too much trouble to look for pants.

bizi 03-25-2017 11:43 PM

I am sorry you forgot to take klonipin. Do you use a pill box or such?
I have to have a routine for my meds pill box for noon meds,
I only take meds twice a day.

((((HUGS))))
bizi

Mari 03-26-2017 12:51 AM

Can you call the social worker on Monday?

I makes sense that you become more aware of the stroke in stages . . . . .
the body and psyche perhpas protect you in the beginning and then in stages/phases
that might not even be linear help you become more aware.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Stroke Recovery | Stroke.org

Emotional | Stroke.org

M

OhKay 03-26-2017 07:19 AM

I'm so sorry you are feeling overwhelmed :hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 03-26-2017 09:16 AM

yesterday i felt like an old lady who didn't have the strength to do anything. then i don't know what happened. I picked myself up and got dressed and gathered the papers and went to the pharmacy after calling and talking to the credit card agency and didn't blow my top. I did ask if they got commissions though and they said no. the guy explained that they had to enter in epic and it wasn't automatic. He said I had to ask for certain pharmacists who knew what to do. I was cool calm collected and had plenty of energy. go figure. then robert came over at six and found a bug in the software for my cell phone. I was exhausted. I took all my medicine and then ate bread and chicken and tried to go to sleep which eluded me.

mymorgy 03-26-2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1239440)
I am sorry you forgot to take klonipin. Do you use a pill box or such?
I have to have a routine for my meds pill box for noon meds,
I only take meds twice a day.

((((HUGS))))
bizi

i have a whole piece of furniture for my drugs and some i take twice a day.

OhKay 03-27-2017 07:25 AM

It sounds like you got your second wind! I'm impressed that you didn't get agitated dealing with all that crap, but I know that you've been able to do that in the past, too.

I'm glad that you had Robert's company for so long and he was able to help you out with your cellphone.

bizi 03-28-2017 07:41 AM

I am sorry sleep is elusive for you.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi who is not sleeping very well.

mymorgy 03-31-2017 10:10 AM

it is weird but i am afraid that if i don't isolate i will become depressed

mymorgy 03-31-2017 02:01 PM

everything is fine with the eye doctor. he changed my prescriprition told me to exercise and lose weight

bizi 03-31-2017 06:09 PM

did you get your a1c results?
great news about the eye doctor!
bizi

mymorgy 03-31-2017 06:47 PM

he didn't tell me the results. I cared about them because of the diabetes and blindness. He also said I had little cataracts like two years ago so surgry is far off. yeah. all is fine except for weight!

Mari 04-01-2017 02:49 AM

Good news about the eye doc.

M

mymorgy 04-01-2017 04:31 AM

I was so relieved I couldn't sleep. Today I fill out my driver's license and send that in. then I am through for a while. I don't think I have anything over my head. I don;t know if i will go to the senior center. I just bought a book phenomena by jackson. It sounds fascinating Amazon.com: Phenomena: The Secret History of the U.S. Government's Investigations into Extrasensory Perception and Psychokinesis eBook: Annie Jacobsen: Books I am still angry at my doctor for giviing me such a scare. the eye doctor gave me such a great report

OhKay 04-03-2017 08:19 AM

I'm happy you got such a great report from your eye doctor. I know how worried you were after the appointment with your PCP :hug:

mymorgy 04-03-2017 08:23 AM

i have to give him a great talking to and tell him how upset I was for a week and kept on thinking that I was going blind because of what he said. I have to explain generalized anxiety disorder

OhKay 04-03-2017 08:33 AM

I think that is a very good idea.

My PCP knows about my mental health problems and I've had to explain how I handle certain things in the past. I can tell that he's not exactly comfortable with the severity of my mental illness. I've told him I want him to ask me questions rather than make assumptions, and let him know that he's free to contact my pdoc at any time.