NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Wish me luck (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/246490-wish-luck.html)

catra121 04-17-2017 09:46 AM

Wish me luck

Today my doctor is doing a peer to peer review with my insurance company for the DRG treatment. If you are so inclined and have a moment...please send good vibes, prayers, and well wishes my way. I really need this treatment...I feel deep down that this WILL be a tremendous help to me and will allow me some amount of relief from this awful pain...so I can use all the help I can get. Fingers crossed...he will get an approval like he did with another patient recently. Thanks always for your support.

ger715 04-17-2017 10:44 AM

Catra,

Prayers coming your way......you are on my "prayer list"....

Gerry

Littlepaw 04-17-2017 02:56 PM

Sending prayers and good vibes that the review goes well.

:hug::hug:

Brightcloud 04-17-2017 03:30 PM

Catra,

Will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything will go well.

Wishing and praying for the very best for you.

Brightcloud

catra121 04-17-2017 04:23 PM

Thank you everyone. I am not sure if I will hear today...but will let you know when I do. I sincerely appreciate the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. :)

CRPSbe 04-19-2017 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catra121 (Post 1241032)
Thank you everyone. I am not sure if I will hear today...but will let you know when I do. I sincerely appreciate the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. :)

I hope you hear something soon. I wish you all the best with this!!!

RSD ME 04-19-2017 08:21 AM

I'm praying you will get good news soon! Hugs.

visioniosiv 04-21-2017 12:10 PM

Good luck Catra! :)

catra121 04-22-2017 05:50 PM

Well...insurance company denied the treatment...again. Looking through my options at this point to see where to go from here...

CRPSbe 04-24-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catra121 (Post 1241304)
Well...insurance company denied the treatment...again. Looking through my options at this point to see where to go from here...

That sucks. Aren't there any other options available to you, anymore? :)

catra121 04-24-2017 05:43 PM

Other treatment options? Not really. We've tried lots of meds (some with bad reactions), we tried blocks, physical therapy, I'm not interested in a traditional SCS because they're just too much risk for results that aren't as good, and don't want to do ketamine based on my bad reaction to other meds and blocks. Did tDCS in the past with success but have not gotten much benefit this time around (minimal and harder to do with a kid in the house). TENS hasn't helped much now that the pain is over a larger area. I am just SO limited in my daily activity and feel I have run out of options to increase my FUNCTION...which is my main goal. It's a newer treatment...so I have no doubt it will become more accessible...I just, quite frankly, don't want to wait until it is the standard of care while in the mean time I struggle just to get through each and every day...so frustrating.

CRPSbe 04-25-2017 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catra121 (Post 1241415)
Other treatment options? Not really. We've tried lots of meds (some with bad reactions), we tried blocks, physical therapy, I'm not interested in a traditional SCS because they're just too much risk for results that aren't as good, and don't want to do ketamine based on my bad reaction to other meds and blocks. Did tDCS in the past with success but have not gotten much benefit this time around (minimal and harder to do with a kid in the house). TENS hasn't helped much now that the pain is over a larger area. I am just SO limited in my daily activity and feel I have run out of options to increase my FUNCTION...which is my main goal. It's a newer treatment...so I have no doubt it will become more accessible...I just, quite frankly, don't want to wait until it is the standard of care while in the mean time I struggle just to get through each and every day...so frustrating.

That's terrible, and grim-looking to say the least.

I wish you all the best for the future, and I hope you can get the desired treatment somehow.

catra121 04-25-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRPSbe (Post 1241437)
That's terrible, and grim-looking to say the least.

I wish you all the best for the future, and I hope you can get the desired treatment somehow.

Thanks. I'm trying...TRYING...to stay as positive as possible...it's just incredibly frustrating. Dealing with insurance companies is very stressful...and right now I am dealing with three of them. The stress is not good for me and I'm trying to avoid it...but kind of hard to do that at the moment. I don't feel ready to give up on working...and maybe that's part of my problem. I should just start to accept that this is my new reality and move on...but I'm not there yet.

RSD ME 04-26-2017 12:16 AM

I hope you can get the treatment you need to help relieve your rsd pain Catra. I will pray that you feel better soon.

Hotfoot53 05-01-2017 10:02 PM

Stay positive

Quote:

Originally Posted by catra121 (Post 1241460)
Thanks. I'm trying...TRYING...to stay as positive as possible...it's just incredibly frustrating. Dealing with insurance companies is very stressful...and right now I am dealing with three of them. The stress is not good for me and I'm trying to avoid it...but kind of hard to do that at the moment. I don't feel ready to give up on working...and maybe that's part of my problem. I should just start to accept that this is my new reality and move on...but I'm not there yet.

Hi Catra,
I've been reading about your struggle to get the insurance approvals. I know you've been fighting hard for the treatment you need. It's so disappointing to read about insurance denials. Their lack of understanding for timely treatment to change lives astonishes me.
I am newer to all of this than you, but I hope and pray that you'll be able to stay positive through this setback and not give up the hope you have for the life you want.
Hope is one thing you can give yourself each day- no one can deny you.
Praying for you and yours-
Hotfoot

89danboy 05-23-2017 08:38 AM

Insurance

Quote:

Originally Posted by catra121 (Post 1241006)
Today my doctor is doing a peer to peer review with my insurance company for the DRG treatment. If you are so inclined and have a moment...please send good vibes, prayers, and well wishes my way. I really need this treatment...I feel deep down that this WILL be a tremendous help to me and will allow me some amount of relief from this awful pain...so I can use all the help I can get. Fingers crossed...he will get an approval like he did with another patient recently. Thanks always for your support.

Sorry your in so much pain catra.i pray you get approved for your treatments sweetly