NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   I have to take abby to the vet (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/247612-abby-vet.html)

mymorgy 06-19-2017 12:25 PM

I have to take abby to the vet

she has had pudding like stools for a while now. actually i don't know if they were ever normal. I am jumping out of my skin. there is no blood or mucus today I decided not to give her any wet food. I thought it was getting better.
I will see if i can get a sample and then make an appt with the vet. I wonder if it will be 500 or 1000 dollars. I am hoping it is parasites. she has been always acting normal. I can't take any pressure. I think I will take another 2mg of clonapazam. She did have normal stools. I am just freaking out. today they were like pudding and they haven.t been well formed in a while

Skeezyks 06-19-2017 02:37 PM

Hugs for abby... & for you too... :hug: :)

Dmom3005 06-19-2017 04:09 PM

Good luck. I can't answer this one.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 06-19-2017 06:31 PM

she won't eat rice or pumpkin

Mari 06-20-2017 01:06 AM

I hope that she is o.k.

M

OhKay 06-20-2017 05:18 AM

I'm sorry that Abby is having diarrhea. I hope she feels okay :hug:

I hope the vet doesn't cost too much and she is okay :hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 06-20-2017 01:25 PM

i have been waiting to get a sample of abby's poop. I have calmed down a little. since i got her there has been only two times one of the cats has vomitted. I don't know if it is abby. that isn't bad. I can't take her in without a sample. I am nauseated. I just feel so drained. my mind is playing awful games with myself. I have been telling myself if it is real bad which my rational self says no I will just get another abby. I can't take any more pressure. I am already worried about carrying her to the vets. I am so weak. I wish I could cry.

Dmom3005 06-20-2017 02:05 PM

Bobby

Hope when you go to take her. You find someone to help you.

mymorgy 06-20-2017 02:32 PM

i took extra klonopin. I no longer have a close relationship with cecilia anymore.
I will take a cab. I have just been wiped out. the stroke really did me in. I am not even talking about the bipolar which is exaggerating everything

OhKay 06-21-2017 04:43 AM

I only remember being clinically depressed once in the last few years, but it was very hard for me to tell it was coming on because of the fatigue from the MS, and having to deal with the two together was very hard...

I don't envy you Bobby. It must be so hard to deal with the fatigue from the stroke, the depression from BP, and your GAD all at once :hug::hug::hug:

I think that you are experiencing catastrophic thinking due to your anxiety and are thinking the worst about what's causing Abby's diarrhea, and what may happen. That happens a lot to people with anxiety disorders, including me :hug:

I'm glad that you are taking her to the vet because it will put your mind at ease. I think everything will be okay :hug::hug::hug:

I can't carry the cats to the vet anymore. I'm glad you are taking a cab. I wish Robert could go with you. Please be careful :hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 06-21-2017 05:06 AM

I can't ask robert. It could take over an hour and cut into Mickey's walking time besides waiting over an hour. I will call them this morning for an appt. I think i have enough samples buried in the litter. I am in catastrophic mood. I like my vet. abby wasn't that active yesterday. she was the day before. she was making marci jealous by playing up with the nurse. I stopped giving her wet food. also post traumatic stress from the explosion

mymorgy 06-21-2017 08:12 AM

she has an appt at 3;45

Mari 06-21-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1245178)
she has an appt at 3;45

I hope that the appt goes well.

M

mymorgy 06-21-2017 04:13 PM

i won't find out til tomorrow afternoon

mymorgy 06-22-2017 12:38 AM

the vet said it was his job to worry not mine. He is so sweet. He said she will be on prescription cat food. I have to put something in her ears for ten days but she doesn;t have ear mites. she weights eight and half pounds. he had no trouble cutting her nails; It took me half a second to realize that his big assistant was holding her done and she was fighting all the way.
I got an hour's sleep. the kitty cats are up. abby is very active. I just made coffee. the cab drivers were nice. they were patient as I got in and out of the cabs. I gave them good tips So far I spent 225.
I feel so old. I didnd't buy two pairs of cheap pants I liked

OhKay 06-22-2017 05:23 AM

I'm so glad you have a good vet :)
It sounds like he was very thorough. I'm glad that they clipped Abby's nails for you. I do all 3 of my cats' nails myself and it's a PITA. I hope she doesn't give you a hard time about the ear drops. It will only take a second to do it tho.

I hope you get good news today :hug::hug::hug:

I'm glad that you were able to restrain yourself and not buy the pants... good job :):):)

I'm sorry you had to spend so much money yesterday :hug:

Mari 06-22-2017 05:26 AM

Bobby,

I am so happy to hear that you feel good about the vet visit and
that Pudge is going to be o.k.

That is funny about how they got her nails cut.

M

mymorgy 06-22-2017 05:58 AM

I don't know yet if abby is going to be okay and if so is she going to be on prescription cat food the rest if her life and what will happen to pudge. I have so cat food. I have five bowls out. I have to large unopened bags and a case and a half of food

mymorgy 06-22-2017 06:01 AM

he didn't take her temperature. In a few minutes i will tackle her ears. at least they are not ten i

OhKay 06-22-2017 07:46 AM

I know the wait will be hard, but try not to worry about those possibilities until you hear back from the vet :hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 06-22-2017 01:13 PM

sshe has giardia and i have to get liquid prescription for for her for ten days.
she might have gotten it in missouri. the pdoc wants me back on doxepin doublre dosage.

Mari 06-23-2017 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1245279)
sshe has giardia and i have to get liquid prescription for for her for ten days.
she might have gotten it in missouri. the pdoc wants me back on doxepin doublre dosage.

That's a big day.

The medicine will help her.

How are you feeling about his putting you back on the doxepin dosage?

M

OhKay 06-23-2017 04:17 AM

I'm glad that Abby's diarrhea is treatable. I hope she is feeling better soon :hug::hug::hug:

I hope she doesn't give you any trouble when you give her the medicine. Did she give you any trouble with the ear drops?

I'm glad that your pdoc made a change to your meds. I hope it helps :hug::hug::hug:

mymorgy 06-23-2017 05:42 AM

i sleep a lot more last last. .............at least four hours.I am happy about that. it was a battle putting the drops in abby's ears. I guess it will be a battle putting the liquid in her mouth. she is really strong. I told him i looked at most of the antidepressants and i had tried most of them.

mymorgy 06-23-2017 12:32 PM

cecilia didn't go away yet so she administered the medicine and will do it tomorrow night.

Mari 06-24-2017 02:06 AM

Two days in a row of the medicine.

How many days does she need?

M

mymorgy 06-24-2017 04:19 AM

she needs ten days for the ears and ten days for the parasites. I just woke up.
the sleeping pills are working!Hooray

OhKay 06-24-2017 06:33 AM

I'm so glad you are getting more sleep!!! :)

Ten days is a long time to give two meds to an uncooperative kitty. Try giving her a treat after you give her her meds and she may become a little more cooperative as she learns to associate the two things. I'm glad that Cecilia was there to help you. I'm sorry that you may have to go it alone :hug:

mymorgy 06-24-2017 06:58 AM

there is no treat that abby really likes. she is also keeping a distance from me. I have to do her ears now which isn't as hard, but still hard.

OhKay 06-25-2017 06:30 AM

Yeah, Dottie won't eat any treats or people food. She'll eat any kind of cat food I put in the food dish though… weird.

I'm sorry you have to go through this, and for so long :hug:

mymorgy 06-25-2017 06:39 AM

i got her out this time by opening up a can of cat food. amazing. will she fall for it again?

Mari 06-25-2017 09:09 AM

Well that is a good sign.:)

Maybe it will work again.

M

mymorgy 06-25-2017 10:01 AM

the parasites I think she might have had since she came from missouri so she has never acted sick

Mari 06-25-2017 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1245521)
the parasites I think she might have had since she came from missouri so she has never acted sick

Wow.

I am glad that she is getting treated now.

M

mymorgy 06-25-2017 11:44 AM

cecilia just came over her and dosed her and did her eats. she was hiding under the bed. poor abby. i gave cecilia a beautiful pair of shoes. seven and eight more days to go

Dmom3005 06-25-2017 03:20 PM

Does she like toys. If so maybe get a new one for just with meds. Or a few
that can be given a few times.