NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   new cheap mattress which I got on special (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/250328-cheap-mattress-special.html)

mymorgy 12-16-2017 10:39 AM

new cheap mattress which I got on special

Overstock.com: Online Shopping - Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more
again great reviews but a lot for little ones. It didn't say about weight. I was optimistic and threw out the top mattress and called overstock afterwards.It is in arizona but he said I should get it within the next 48 hours. I sleep on the floor a lot anyways. There was a good promotion so I paid 179.
today I went spending again. I bought homeopathic remedies for fatigue by boiron. I bought socks to help heal my toes. I don't know where vanessa put my panties so I bought some more. I looked everywhere and got paran
spending spending sending. I am giving out xmas money and tips for getting rid of the mattress and something else and then for the new mattress. egads. they must think i am rich lol. they don't know i buy used clothes and shoes

bizi 12-16-2017 11:10 AM

Does it use box springs?
We are used to our new bed but need a new frame...ours broke on us. It is cheap, ours is a california king, longer because of jeffs height 6'5"
so we would have to get a special order frame. someday I would like a head board! bizi

mymorgy 12-16-2017 11:12 AM

i think it can use a box spring or slats

mymorgy 12-16-2017 11:21 AM

Amazon.com: Classic Brands Hercules Universal Heavy-Duty Metal Bed Frame | Adjustable Width Fits Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King: Kitchen & Dining

bizi 12-16-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymorgy (Post 1256162)
i think it can use a box spring or slats

How are you going to use it?
Just curious.

I want to just put the box springs on the floor and not have a bed frame because it is so high now. I have to climb to get into the bed...my feet do not touch the floor. I have to slide down off the bed to get out of bed.
sigh
bizi Our sheets don't fit right either...need deeper sides.
Oh santa!!!!!:D
bizi

mymorgy 12-16-2017 12:35 PM

have to use the box spring and I have a frame

bizi 12-16-2017 08:49 PM

this frame is very much like ours except ours has 2 legs/rollers in the middle section instead of 3. one of the middle legs broke. This seems better construction though it has the same adjustable frame like ours.
bizi

OhKay 12-17-2017 09:11 AM

The mattress has gotten very good reviews, so I think you will be very happy with the quality you are getting. I hope that it is comfy :)

mymorgy 12-17-2017 10:37 AM

it can hold my weight. just bought a fruit drink that has 14 protein. see ifI can substitute one meal with that.
Amazon.com : Proti Diet Cool Raspberry Concentrated Drink Mix (7 Pouches) Aspartame Free : Powdered Soft Drink Mixes : Grocery & Gourmet Food

bizi 12-17-2017 11:14 AM

It has splenda in it.
Let me know how you like it!
70 calories is not enough food to keep me satisfied.
I hope you like it.
Are you going to try fasting?
Some people are very successful doing infrequent fastings.
Let me know how it goes ok?
Good luck and thanks :hug:
Bizi

mymorgy 12-17-2017 11:50 AM

i will use it to skip dinner. I can't drop weight the way you can and eat

OhKay 12-18-2017 07:11 AM

I wouldn't call it "fasting."
It's a meal replacement. It's only 70 calories, but looks like it's high in protein.

Bobby, as long as you aren't skipping more than one meal, and you are not experiencing any side effects like getting lightheaded while using it, I don't see a problem. I hope you like it and it works out.

mymorgy 12-18-2017 08:07 AM

I have to try something and I don't think fasting works for me. I have lost the weight I gained. I have an easier time walking with the less weight

Dmom3005 12-19-2017 06:14 PM

Make sure even with substituting this with a meal. That you eat an few small meals. I figured out the other day that if I eat I do better losing.

I wasn't eating a whole lot only because not only did nothing sound good.
But mostly didn't taste good. So it was a lot of cereal. Now I'm eating
lots of other things.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 12-19-2017 10:10 PM

what are you eating? I have the same problem

Dmom3005 12-20-2017 11:11 AM

I usually eat a lot of bran cereal, I will start on oatmeal soon.
I have been eating more pie and snack things. My husband is
bringing it home to me. I have tried to stop this. But he isn't
listening, so I just limit the amount a day. Also I eat peanut
butter on bagels, and yes its not considered good to eat bagels,
but I eat one or maybe two a day. And I try to not eat after
7pm.

I also eat some nuts, either cashews or peanuts twice a day
for a snack, I've gotten back into popcorn also. And I'm working
on finding some other nutritional snacks I like.

I also have been eating steak and some other things. Need to
ask the hubby to buy us a turkey so I can munch on that while
they are cheaper.

mymorgy 12-20-2017 12:37 PM

a lot of that sounds really good. I have been buying from Jet which delivers everything. I have been buying frozen turkey breast. the prices are good and so is the selection, especially desserts

OhKay 12-22-2017 09:35 AM

Because you're a diabetic, you shouldn't try to fast anyway, Bobby.

Most diets suggest eating small meals frequently throughout the day... up to 6 times a day. 3 meals and up to 3 small snacks like some nuts like Donna does...

And they recommend stopping eating a few hours before you go to bed, which I know would be hard for you to nail down because your have insomnia and your sleeping pattern is off.

When does the new mattress come?

mymorgy 12-22-2017 10:28 AM

I already have it. It came so soon. It tends to slide off the box spring so I have to push it off. Itis much better than the other one

OhKay 12-23-2017 07:02 AM

I'm glad you like it! :)

I wonder if they make anything to keep the mattress from sliding off the box spring. You could try calling a mattress store to ask if there's something out there, then go online to buy whatever it is... if it exists.

mymorgy 12-23-2017 08:14 AM

that is a good idea. I think I will search the internet first thank you

mymorgy 12-23-2017 10:21 AM

i called overstock and they recommended getting a nonskid rug gripper or something to put between the mattress and the box spring. I just ordered it.

thank you. I can;t stop spending money

mymorgy 12-23-2017 10:41 AM

Access Denied
i don't know if it will work but you can go to jet.com and look up cashews

OhKay 12-24-2017 08:46 AM

Thanks, Bobby :hug:

After the holidays, Corey and I are going on the South Beach diet again, and I like to have cashews for snacks, but I can only have something like 30 at a time, once a day.

Dmom3005 12-27-2017 11:55 AM

I'm having less than 10 a day usually. I have the chocolate covered ones from
Dollar General they are like 2.50 and this hits both my chocolate and nut need.

I'm trying to keep down on my chocolate and other sweets.