NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   I am reading (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/251006-am-reading.html)

mymorgy 02-27-2018 06:54 AM

I am reading

My concentration came back with a good book. I couldn't read straight through the way I used to be able to but I really enjoyed myself. I just bought more of her books-six. when I was reading I wasn't depressed. I used to read like a maniac

OhKay 02-27-2018 07:21 AM

I'm so happy that you are reading, and reading well, even if you are not keeping the same pace as you were before. You sound excited about it! I love that! :)

mymorgy 02-27-2018 07:43 AM

I am so excited. finally I have something to look forward to which is in my control. I hope my concentration and energy don't leave me. It is a way out of this brutal depression.

bizi 02-27-2018 09:38 AM

bobby, I am so glad that you are reading again.:Dancing-Chilli:
bizi

Mari 02-27-2018 01:54 PM

This is good news, Bobby. Enjoy reading.:):):):):):):):):):)

M

mymorgy 02-28-2018 07:07 AM

I woke up up about 2:30 and just stayed in bed and couldn't wait to start reading again. got on the computer and had trouble. thought it died but it was okay after I unplugged it and then put the plug in tighter. now back to reading and drinking second cup of coffee.

OhKay 02-28-2018 07:38 AM

I used to stay up all night to finish a good book in a day. They can really draw you in. I think it's wonderful that you are looking forward to getting back into yours :)

bizi 02-28-2018 08:33 AM

Yes this is great!
bizi

mymorgy 03-01-2018 05:41 AM

I just bought sixty dollars worth of books from thriftbooks. I hope this is not another spending spree-scarey

OhKay 03-01-2018 07:54 AM

It will take you forever to get through all of the books you have bought recently. Do you think reminding yourself of that before you buy again would help at all?

mymorgy 03-01-2018 08:26 AM

I think i am out of control

mymorgy 03-01-2018 10:23 AM

just bought some more and bought two audible books of the Torah. also mad an appointment with cardiologist for the seventh at 10. I missed the app scheduled in feb

bizi 03-01-2018 10:52 AM

bobby, sorry about the spree.
Glad that you will see your cardiologist on the 7th.
((((HUGS))))
bizi

OhKay 03-02-2018 08:02 AM

My mailman must HATE me because of all of the packages he has to deliver to me. I have been good for a little while about not buying anything off of Amazon, but I'm adding things to my cart in my head...

I'm naughty, too :hug:

mymorgy 03-02-2018 08:43 AM

do you think there is a drug that we can take? I am serious. I just bought maxwell house at boxed k pods. so good and great price. now I want to throw out some coffee i bought I don't enjoy, I threw out some bras that were a great buy but they don't fit. I bought some other bras from ebay. It doesn't stop.

Mari 03-03-2018 06:27 AM

If it's a version of mania, medication could bring it down but I do not
know if that would be right for you.

You could let your pdoc know if you have not already.

M

mymorgy 03-03-2018 07:45 AM

I will mention it again to him. I think it is also related to depression, my way of dealing with it. Hopefully the more I read the less I will spend. another potential problem popped up which I can't discuss. I think it will be all right but it is something that I have been doing. I hope somebody sees it my way if it comes up.

OhKay 03-03-2018 09:02 AM

It can be a symptom of hypomania, but shopping alone doesn't mean that someone is hypomanic, especially if they have dominant features of depression. It can also be caused by a form of OCD. I'm not familiar with it being a symptom of depression, but bipolar disorder is very complicated, so I'm sure it's possible. I'm glad that you are going to talk to your pdoc about it because it's an ongoing problem for you and causes you a lot of worries.

Personally, I think buying the coffee was okay, but I hope you can reign in your shopping in general soon :hug::hug::hug: