NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   scared about my carotid arteries today (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/257231-scared-carotid-arteries.html)

mymorgy 11-29-2021 03:54 AM

scared about my carotid arteries today

think i am going to stop geodon. still been getting awful stomachs and am afraid of food.

I feel much better now and my depression and stomach ache are gone. I really think that I am going to stop Geodon. It really worked like a miracle for two weeks. I think I am just going to back to soup. I think that will help my stomach aches. Reading great book by Nadine Miller. So lucky to find her.
Tried to delete long post but guess I wasn't allowed. It was really to painful to go over the painful past. Instead of a release it added to the pain of going over the nightmare of my life. Thank God for kitty cats and doggies. If I can walk again, really tempted to get another little doggie even though I am old.

Dmom3005 11-29-2021 10:33 AM

Bobby

Please don't stop the Geodon. Its the reason you are feeling so much
better. Its your being scared talking, just wait till after the testing and
work through this.

DOnna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 11-29-2021 05:48 PM

but now i am not feeling better at all.. I don't understand your comment. my stomach hurts so much.
there is good news. my tests were fine. I didn't want to be weighed but told it was necessary. I thought I gained about six pounds but I actually dropped six pounds. I couldn't believe it. I might even send a messade to my primary doctor about the weight loss. I still don't believe it.

bizi 11-29-2021 06:09 PM

plus you had clothes on which weigh more than what we weigh at home and usually I weigh alot more at the doctors office. so maybe you have lost even more?
good for you
bizi

Dmom3005 11-29-2021 06:29 PM

Bobby

My message mainly is that stress and anxiety will make things worse.
So its possible that the upset stomach and feeling bad could be from
that. Or maybe you are coming down with the flu things like that.

I just want you to wait a little longer to see if things go away before
stopping this medicine that seems to be helping.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

bizi 11-29-2021 11:35 PM

I agree with donna.
love bizi

mymorgy 11-30-2021 02:26 AM

donna,
i do have chronic constipation and I think the IBS returned. Thanks for your concern. I was severely depressed and lonely because of Thanksgiving. I was also scared about what was happening to my arteries. I found out there is some plaque but with my medication it should not cause another serious problem I guess I will try it for another month.
love
bobby

mymorgy 11-30-2021 10:05 AM

I just left a message with my psychiatric nurse practitioner and said I needed more Geodon and asked if I could a higher dose.

bizi 11-30-2021 10:37 AM

I am glad that you called bobby.
There is a lot of wiggle room in dosing.
bizi

Dmom3005 11-30-2021 12:24 PM

Bobby

I have a question: Are you just now after what is probably a month
of geodon. Noticing constipation? In other words had it not been
present or as noticeable till now. If so then you need to consider
that maybe you have been taking good care to keep it at away.

Or that its just starting to return to show its there. So maybe you
need to remember to take a preventive every few days to keep from
feeling it. Like Derrick and I take our tablets of Fiber pills because
that helps us go.

Donna

mymorgy 11-30-2021 01:58 PM

I really haven't stopped with chronic constipation. I take magnesium citrate liquid every day. I told one of the technicians that a few days ago I had to take three bottles because no way could I go. He said never do that because I could cause kidney damage. At the time I was desperate I thought I might need surgery. Such a poor quality of life. Geodon is another one that cause constipation.
For me, I think fiber makes it worse. I am cutting down on the lentil soup I drink.
love
bobby
lucky you

Dmom3005 11-30-2021 02:19 PM

Bobby

Also remember to drink your water. This should help with the constipation.

I also read that eating things like cheerios might help. I know that
sounds odd. Its supposed to help the opposite problem but I'm thinking
a little bit might help you with the constipation issues.

mymorgy 11-30-2021 03:42 PM

i have to drink more water I know. I forgot why I shouldn't cheerios. I also hardly ever eat meat. Thanks so much. You wouldn't believe how time I have researching chronic constipation and how many things I have tried to help it.
I don't stop trying.
love
bobby

Dmom3005 11-30-2021 04:44 PM

Bobby

Some meats would help with the issues. So you might do some research
on this. I think you might try the opposites of fiber and see if they
will help. The cheerios type things are opposites of fiber.

mymorgy 11-30-2021 04:53 PM

What should I avoid eating or drinking if I'm constipated?
chips.
fast food.
meat.
prepared foods, such as some frozen meals and snack foods.
processed foods, such as hot dogs or some microwavable dinners.

Cereal can lead to more formed poop, which could slow down the number of poopy diapers each day. Try cutting back on the amount of cereal and incorporating more fresh fruits and veggies. Use up those Cheerios in one of these genius recipes.May 20, 2019

mymorgy 11-30-2021 05:25 PM

also my IBS has returned. I thought geodon stopped it but it didn't. right now I am nauseated, gassy and bloated. really poor quality of life besides bipolar 2

GeeLuv 11-30-2021 06:15 PM

ugh! so sorry to hear it!
my favorite go to food for constipation (and in general) are bananas. Prune juice is also good. and I think oatmeal.

yeah, avoiding the foods you mentioned should help.

if it's IBS, stick with the BRAT diet for a while. Bananas Rice Applesauce and Toast. Or BRATTY which adds green tea and yogurt. I think yogurt might need to be avoided if constipated though, or limited. It works better for diarrhea.

GeeLuv 11-30-2021 06:16 PM

sends good vibes and prayers :grouphug:

Dmom3005 11-30-2021 06:43 PM

Bobby

You don't want to avoid meat completely. Say eat it like every
three days. But just like red meat, or chicken like chicken strips
white meat if possible. If you can get some. You want to eat
a little so you are keeping some change in foods down too.

Eating some will help you lose weight and weird as it sounds it helps
me poop. I personally don't like fish. But many people say eat
fish a few times a week. Now Derrick's doctor who has been the one
who helped with his diet told him, Chicken, fish and some red meat.

And he said, for losing weight no potaoes, and that he could eat
macaroni and cheese. Which we found really odd. Till we found out
that this is something that even the cheese's are on keto diets.

Derrick has been doing really well with this kind of foods.

Donna

mymorgy 11-30-2021 06:57 PM

thanks so much. Bananas Rice Applesauce and Toast sounds good. I don't feel nauseated thinking of them. thinking of red meat makes me feel so nauseated. I think oatmeal might have too much fiber. I have instant oatmeal but stopped having it. prune juice or prunes don't help. Tonight I had zucchini and breadcrumb with olive oil. Talk about a disaster . I am waiting for some prebiotics I have never tried. my internist told me take magnesium citrate for the chronic constipation. my gastroenterologist wrote a couple of scripts but they didn't work. I belong to a UK IBS blog and mine is mild compared to most of theirs. So many have gone through so many tests which came up negative. I think for most of us it is mental. I was traumatized when my friend died of breast cancer and I immediately got it. I had such high hopes for Geodon at first and I wrote about. I think it is a dud now.
Bobby

mymorgy 11-30-2021 07:07 PM

i sometimes have chinese food with a little meat in it but mostly vegetables and brown rice.. I am prediabetic now. It just happened. Before I was diabetic. Even thought I though I gained a lot of weight I found out yesterday I lost six more pounds. I seem to be able to handle low sodium soap. I love egg drop soup. Once a week I get a free bag of food. It always has chicken but I throw it out. Actually I throw out most of the food even though it is high quality.
love
bobby

Dmom3005 12-01-2021 02:57 PM

Bobby

Keep having your chinese food at least once a week. If you think
it would taste good warmed up in microwave get a extra serving
of the soup is it that you really like. And eat it maybe the next
day.

mymorgy 12-01-2021 05:27 PM

with the lunch special, the soup is only 80 cents extra. I don't get Chinese food every week. Tonight I think I will just tea.
love
bobby