NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Pristiq (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/257267-pristiq.html)

mymorgy 12-10-2021 12:30 PM

Pristiq

going to be put on low dose of Pristiq

Dmom3005 12-10-2021 06:07 PM

Bobby

I hope it works for you.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

mymorgy 12-17-2021 08:00 AM

i speak with my nurse practitioner today and see if she will increase the dosage. I can't really shake the depression and my sleeping is awful. last night was the worse. i got two hours of sleep and feel exhausted.

bizi 12-17-2021 10:44 AM

Can you save up your klonipin and take it at night?I take 1mg and it helps me sleep.
sorry you got such little sleep.
(((((HUGS))))):hug:
bizi

mymorgy 12-17-2021 11:59 AM

it doesn't help me sleep. I am so tired.

KarenMarie 12-17-2021 01:50 PM

I use 20 mg of Diazapam and a allergy pill to stop hives and itching and sleep until nature calls - every 4 hours or so

Dmom3005 12-17-2021 02:40 PM

Bobby

I wish I had an answer I'm so sorry.

Donna :hug::grouphug:

bizi 12-17-2021 10:54 PM

jeff started taking cbd to help him sleep it is helping along with an allergy pill.
love bizi

mymorgy 12-18-2021 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenMarie (Post 1297277)
I use 20 mg of Diazapam and a allergy pill to stop hives and itching and sleep until nature calls - every 4 hours or so

great quote. finally read the Hobbit. What a great author. I am glad you found something that works for you. I take 2mg of clonazepam in the morning and night but it doesn't help me sleep.
Bobby

mymorgy 12-18-2021 05:33 AM

i don't know what to do. Again I was up most of the night but I was too tired to read. I guess I will take it again but at noon. my nurse practitioner thought it would help with sleep.
These are just a few of the more common side effects reported by people who took Pristiq in clinical trials:

nausea
dizziness
insomnia (trouble sleeping)
excessive sweating
constipation

The past two days have been amongst the worse. I don't think it is a coincidence.

Mirtazapine is classified as an antidepressant. It is commonly prescribed to treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and anxiety. Studies have shown, however, that it can also help improve sleep patterns, so it is sometimes prescribed off-label to treat insomnia.Aug 4, 2021

That drug can stimulate appetite and make you gain weight.

Dmom3005 12-18-2021 06:30 PM

Bobby

This is just a question because I'm curious? But when you can't sleep or
read. Do you just lay in bed and rest your eyes. Like try to sleep.
Will the kitty lay with you and let you pet her. Also have you tried
listening to a story on your phone like a book. You would have to
make sure its hooked up to the charger so it would just go on till
you woke back up. But I know Derrick has started this he says its
helping him go to sleep when he can't stop thinking about things.

Donna

mymorgy 12-18-2021 07:14 PM

pudge stopped sleeping with me but before i would pet her. I pet Aby but she is sleeping at the foot of the bed. I don't like people reading from books. I either leave the tv on all night or listen to music all night. as i previously mention i have youtube premium and play 11 hours of interrupted music.
I keep on trying to find a comfortable position and I have a lot of pillows.
i threw out the pristiq. I am so tired and now I really have insomnia and stomach aches. no energy what so ever.
love
bobby