NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Help (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/258335-help.html)

Brokenfriend 05-14-2023 10:38 PM

Help

Who can I go to for help. There is a brilliant person here with a narcissist personality disorder who is deeply hurting me and I can't get help. BF :hug::hug:::hug:

bizi 05-14-2023 10:56 PM

ask the mods to help you that is my only suggestion for you.
I am sorry that they are hurting you. so sorry. did you see that the forums are quiting we are supposed to go to msf MY support forums and join them. other mental health forums have already been shut down this bipolar site will close in july.
please join MSF
friend,
bizi

Jomar 05-14-2023 11:29 PM

Here is the link for the MSF forums -
My Support Forums

They may have helpful suggestions for you.

If you have a counselor or therapist, or even your doctor, should be able to assist with finding help.
Some county or city websites have assistance information.
There is also legal action, like a restraining order or pressing charges if it is at that level.

Brokenfriend 05-14-2023 11:47 PM

Why is the forum closing? Where is the address of the new Bipolar forum? BF:hug::hug::hug:

Jomar 05-15-2023 08:31 AM

Bipolar - My Support Forums

Mental health forums are moving!

Brokenfriend 05-15-2023 05:18 PM

Help

I'm sorry. I will not put my credit card number into that new link. So unless I don't have to put my credit card information in the new link I will be saying goodby. This hurts me to say this but I don't know anything about this link. I've been a member of Neurotalk for 15 years and they have never asked for my debit card number. I have been scammed 2 times this year and had to change my debit card twice which caused my additional problems. I'm sorry. Brokering :hug::hug::hug:::(

Jomar 05-15-2023 06:00 PM

I checked the My Support Forums and registered to check that section also.
I didn't see anything about adding a credit card.

You might check your phone or computer for viruses or hacks..?:confused:
The links I posted would not ask for a credit card..

Oh, maybe you clicked on an ad on the sides? Or the therapy link on top??

There are no fees for the forum use..

Chemar 05-15-2023 06:07 PM

BF
There is no charge to use My Support Forums?
Perhaps you saw that if you clicked on an ad. or seeking therapy ?
The forums and chat groups are free.

I am assuming you are not referring to anyone here at NT that is hurting you?
If so please contact me via PM with details.
If by "here" you mean where you live - and you are seeking support, then yes, MSF forums does have a specific focus that may be of help. It's the forums that transitioned after PsychCentral was sold, and so now the Mental Heal side of NeuroTalk is closing so that members can find support at more active mental health community like My Support Forums. DocJohn is still the owner/administrator there.
This is the direwct link to register there, You can use the same User Name, email etc that you use here to open an account there too and absolutely free, no card required
My Support Forums - Register

Dmom3005 05-15-2023 07:27 PM

Friend

You might want to go check. When I did I figured out long ago I went into
that forum. So its possible you have too.
My only problems with this is I can't seem to remember to click stay connected. So I can't ever get back in. I will after my injury gets better lets hope it doesn't take till July.
And I will lose my many post and standing here. And they have to approve my
post again for a while which really hurt when I read that. But I totally get it.
I needed a good cry for a good reason other than hurting hip.
Donna:hug::hug::grouphug:

Brokenfriend 05-15-2023 11:20 PM

Okay

I went to My Support Forums and became a member and went to the Bipolar section. I signed in as Brokenfriend. Can my friends find my link and help me into the new forum? I'd hate to loose everybody after 15 years!!! Brokenfriend:grouphug:

Jomar 05-16-2023 12:02 AM

They should be able find you, since you used the same name there..
Or make a new thread over there to say Hello, then they can find you by looking at the Bipolar thread list and username of who posted it.

bizi 05-16-2023 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1303340)
I went to My Support Forums and became a member and went to the Bipolar section. I signed in as Brokenfriend. Can my friends find my link and help me into the new forum? I'd hate to loose everybody after 15 years!!! Brokenfriend:grouphug:

I posted to you there just now. book mark to your favorites to save the link.
Then write down you user id and pass word where you have other pass words saved in case you need to sign back up.
bizi

Brokenfriend 05-16-2023 10:18 PM

A need to reconnect

I will go back to the link now. I hope that I don't lose my 15 years of posts. Bizi. What do you mean by bookmarking? I still am not good with computers. Also I have over 5000 posts. I hope that they don't get lost in the shuffle. Brokenfriend :hug::hug::hug: PS I'm still on my tablet. I have a new regular computer. I haven't had help to set it up yet.

bizi 05-16-2023 11:16 PM

sorry friend that you had to start over and lose the over 5,000posts
apparently they said the forums will still be there to review but not to post anything....The neurotalk has gotten so small only me, donna and bobby post,
some of the mods also post.lara and jomar. book marking and favorites are the same thing it is a quick link to a forum. or web sight.
you are a good man! (((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 05-16-2023 11:34 PM

I received your message on My Support Forums.

Thank you bizi. I saw your post to me on the other forum. I wrote two responses, but it's showing me that a moderator has to check my statements first. My Elder status and over 5000 posts are all lost I guess. I was kind of fond of all of my posts being over 5000. I was fond of being a elder. All of that is gone. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 05-16-2023 11:36 PM

I'm sorry that you lost Hattie. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Lara 05-16-2023 11:43 PM

Hi Friend and bizi and everyone who reads, as you know I do drop in and say hi here as a friend. I've been here since the beginning too although I don't have bipolar disorder, I drop in from time to time when I can because I care about you all. I use many of the other forums and also used to visit ones like depression and anxiety/ocd etc., although they're closed already now. I don't think I can ever go somewhere new now for those things. Too much on my plate. I just wanted to make sure that you all get set up over there at MSF safely and securely. It's a very long time since I was a mod. bizi. Chemar and Jomar are the admin. They'll always help if you need them.

I used to love talking with you Friend about the weather and many other interests we all shared as well. I'm sorry you've been having some trouble where you reside.

Bookmarks/Favourite at top of your screen usually. Mine is also in the address bar. There's a Star symbol. You click on that and you can add bookmark of this page/url. Depends on your browser I guess. Adding as a Bookmark just saves the address or url to the page you wish to save.

and Friend, don't forget, you're always "friend" to us here.

Chemar 05-17-2023 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1303354)
Thank you bizi. I saw your post to me on the other forum. I wrote two responses, but it's showing me that a moderator has to check my statements first. My Elder status and over 5000 posts are all lost I guess. I was kind of fond of all of my posts being over 5000. I was fond of being a elder. All of that is gone. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Friend, your 15 year account and all your posts here at NeuroTalk will remain.
Even though the Bipolar and other forums in the mental health section here will close, NT will remain as will all accounts and posts. When DocJohn closes the BiPolar forum for new posts, it will all remain archived, so all the posts & info will still be here, as will your account

Mods checking posts for new members is the same here - remember once you have a few posts, then they will all go through automatically, just like here

:grouphug:

bizi 05-17-2023 10:28 AM

we appreciate all that you have done to keep us safe and free to express ourselves thank you.
lara I forgot you were not a mod here. I especially appreciate you for your kindness to friend.We will miss you guys.
(((((HUGS))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 05-17-2023 06:40 PM

Thank you Lara.

I enjoyed talking to you as well. I hope that things are going well for you. BF :hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 05-17-2023 06:52 PM

Thank you Chemar.

Thank you for clearing up things for me. I'm glad that I won't lose a ton of things that I talked about year by year. A lot of things have happened since 2007. It's like a journal that I can review. BF :hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 05-17-2023 09:39 PM

Thank you to all helping me through the transition.

Thank you Jomar. Thank you Donna. Thank you for the goodness from everyone. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 05-17-2023 09:56 PM

I am glad that you made it over there!The check in thread at the top of the topics usually most popular thread it is on #75 It used to be so busy I could not keep up with it. now things have slowed down Don't know why????
bizi

Brokenfriend 05-24-2023 03:24 AM

The problem

There is a person where I live who has a tremendous ego, he's controling, he's simmering with anger, and he exploded with anger and I tried to get to my room, and he stepped in front of me three times. When I got to my room he said something that caused me to open my door. Then he put his foot in my door and I tried to remove his foot and he said if I hurt it he was going to( I don't remember the threat word) harm me. It's a hud house. I never thought that I'd be bullied at my age. The leadership of the house, a mental health orginization to which we pay rent is not handling the situation well. The person (bullie) is brilliant and always gets the upperhand. BF:(

Lara 05-24-2023 04:09 PM

Hi Friend,
I remember you had problems last year. I take it this is the same person who is threatening you. At that time you said this person was a friend of someone who manages the house, or something similar. I remember someone suggested Adult protective services or a name something like that. I don't live in your country so don't know who you would talk to about this living arrangement problem. Maybe you could contact your social worker if you have one or contact whoever set you up in the house in the first place.

It sounds shocking and I'm sorry you're having to deal with this person threatening you all the time. It's not right. This episode that you've described sounds violent and it must be causing you a lot of anxiety. :(

:hug:

P.S. I found your last thread where it was happening and the others gave some great suggestions. It appears the person settled down and you ended up not having to contact anyone, but I'm not sure. Just my personal opinion but instead of waiting for it to happen again in a few months time over and over, you might be better addressing the problem now rather than later.

Put it in writing to the department/office or whoever it is that you pay the rent to and not just as verbal on the phone or in person.

Troubling times for me.

Brokenfriend 05-24-2023 07:55 PM

Thank you Lara. Yes. This is the same guy. I truely don't believe the staff or anyone else wants to deal with the person in question. I've never come across anyone in my life like him. He is so intimidating to everyone. What ever personality disorder he has is grandious. He is also brilliant in intelligence, and knows how to keep himself out of trouble. If he hits me I can definitely call the police,but I don't want it to come to that. I know that he must be hurting and in pain from things in the past. How to get him help without getting him in trouble is the question. I am hurting from the insults during his temper tantrums. He doesn't show any signs of empathy, compassion, or remorse. He hurts me in a.place where I'm suppose to be safe. He is always talking to the Lady in the system in charge of the house. I think he's lying about me behind my back because of something that he said to me when he was angry. Sooner or later this activity will catch up to him. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 05-25-2023 04:37 PM

Dr Wes Carter goes into great detail about narcissist personality disorder on Youtube. I think that this is what my housemates has. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Brokenfriend 05-25-2023 04:42 PM

I'm using my tablet to post and it shut down in the middle of my post a little while ago so I'm going to make my posts brief for a while. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Lara 05-25-2023 06:07 PM

People like that need to be in control. The more they see a person as vulnerable, the more they will try to control situations and they are extremely self involved. Personally I think that people like this tend to be predatory and latch on to those that they see as "weak" or easy "targets" because they can see the target has a vulnerability or a gentle nature. I sadly was once married to someone who was a narcissist although they were not violent at all thankfully. There are many different forms of control though. My State just passed new laws regarding what is called Coercive Control. It is now criminalised.

Friend, this person who has treatened you on multiple occasions needs to be reported and please keep everything that has happened in writing. Having an illness or condition does not give someone the right to abuse you or control your movements in your own home.

:hug:

agate 05-25-2023 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1303410)
There is a person where I live who has a tremendous ego, he's controling, he's simmering with anger, and he exploded with anger and I tried to get to my room, and he stepped in front of me three times. When I got to my room he said something that caused me to open my door. Then he put his foot in my door and I tried to remove his foot and he said if I hurt it he was going to( I don't remember the threat word) harm me. It's a hud house. I never thought that I'd be bullied at my age. The leadership of the house, a mental health orginization to which we pay rent is not handling the situation well. The person (bullie) is brilliant and always gets the upperhand. BF:(

Hi Brokenfriend,
I happened to notice this thread and hope you won't mind some input from somebody who would be hanging out in the MS forum if it was still active.

I saw that you live in a HUD building and wanted to mention that I live in a HUD building too. In fact I've lived in HUD buildings since 1983--first in one state, then in another.

I'm aware of how things go in HUD buildings. They're under some kind of obligation to provide "community space" for people to gather, watch TV, play cards, do puzzles, have meetings, even reserve space for private parties.

I've seen bad situations happen so many times I think they must be unavoidable. A clique establishes itself, and often there are bullies who may or may not be part of the clique.

The bullies get away with outrageous behavior--shouting abusive language nonstop at another tenant, physically blocking a neighbor from using the laundry room, etc.

Time and time again the management has been approached for help with these situations, and the response is always the same. We are told that the management is there to manage the office and maintain the building. They absolutely will not talk about other tenants to tenants. They will not get involved in any disputes between tenants.

If a tenant can demonstrate that he/she has already tried to settle the problem with the person, an "incident report" can be filed with the office. This has been tried, and the report gets sent to the main office of the management company, and someone probably calls the tenant who filed the complaint and discusses the issue.

I've never heard of anything real ever resulting from those incident reports. Maybe people have actually been thrown out of the building because of an incident report and I didn't know about it though. That is quite possible as nobody ever knows for sure if someone who is leaving is being evicted. They usually don't spread the news around if they're being evicted, of course.

What I'm saying is that there are steps that can be taken to resolve your problem with a bullying neighbor but many people wouldn't want to bother with taking those steps. I think you should try though.

I realize that building managers can't be police and can't be rapping people's knuckles for their bad manners, but we're talking about repeated bullying here. What you describe sounds as if someone has been repeatedly physically trying to block your access to the space you've rented. It's probably grounds for evicting the bully.

Is there legal aid in your area? Often bringing a lawyer into the picture can focus the attention of people who've been ignoring you up till then.

Lara 05-25-2023 09:04 PM

Is this a State or Federal Govt. run housing situation?

Good to see you agate. Great advice there.

agate 05-25-2023 09:26 PM

This is federal. HUD = Dept. of Housing and Urban Development.

And to Brokenfriend:

In the meantime, while you're waiting for some real action, there are ways of avoiding the bullies around you. I wonder, for instance, how this person even got a foot inside your door. Unless the person is on the staff, that's not allowed unless you allow it. Does your door have a chain on it or a peephole where you can find out who's out there before you open the door--and just opt not to open it if someone you don't want to see is out there?

I study "my" bullies. I figure out when and where they're likely to hang around and I avoid those times and places. It's worth the effort but of course you don't want to let anyone know you're doing that.

Those are just a couple of things I thought of after I wrote the earlier post.

bizi 05-25-2023 10:58 PM

he sounds like a narcissistic bully.
I am so sorry for you friend.(((((((HUGS))))))
bizi

Brokenfriend 05-26-2023 02:43 AM

Thank you all for the advice. My tablet keeps shutting down. I'll try to respond tomorrow. BF:hug::grouphug:

Brokenfriend 05-26-2023 08:58 AM

Hi agate. I don't have a chain on my door. He said something intimidating and I opened my door. I didn't think that he would stick his foot in my door. He is grown man having these temper tantrums and now I consider him dangerous. Yesterday he had cooled down but he dominated the conversation. He doesn't take my input unless he asks me a question. I cannot have a conversation with him because he wants to do all the talking. He's unteachable. The staff won't tell me anything about him. I know that he spent some time in prison. I would not get him into trouble because I know he would retaliate. I don't know what to do. These verbal attacks are very painful to me. I'm taking one day at a time and am in surviver mode. BE (Hugs)

Brokenfriend 05-26-2023 09:17 AM

Thank you bizi. I seem to have had to put up with bullies all of my life. I guess that they see that sensitive side of me and they attack with their cruel side. Looking at Dr. Les Carter's posts on YouTube has helped me greatly. These type of people get their narcissist supply when they cause a dramatic situation. BF (Hugs)

bizi 05-26-2023 10:01 AM

I would get a chain lock put up in your door. this will prevent all entrance to you bed room. and I would use it at all times when you ar in your room.
love you
bizi

agate 05-26-2023 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1303439)
Hi agate. I don't have a chain on my door. He said something intimidating and I opened my door. I didn't think that he would stick his foot in my door. He is grown man having these temper tantrums and now I consider him dangerous. Yesterday he had cooled down but he dominated the conversation. He doesn't take my input unless he asks me a question. I cannot have a conversation with him because he wants to do all the talking. He's unteachable. The staff won't tell me anything about him. I know that he spent some time in prison. I would not get him into trouble because I know he would retaliate. I don't know what to do. These verbal attacks are very painful to me. I'm taking one day at a time and am in surviver mode. BE (Hugs)

If you're very sure that he's been in prison, it's quite possible he didn't tell the management that. He can be evicted for that reason. Not for having done time but for having lied about it on the application form.

Maybe he was upfront about it with them but maybe he wasn't. A neighbor of mine got evicted some years ago here though he'd been living here for many years with no problems. Someone found out he had a prison record, went to the management with it, and they hadn't known about it, and he was obliged to leave.

I wasn't the one who found out about him and turned him in and don't know how that was done but it sounds to me as if you're exploring any possibilities at this point, and maybe this is one.

bizi 05-26-2023 09:15 PM

wise words agate

Dmom3005 05-28-2023 05:52 PM

Friend

I suggested before that you call Adult protective Services. I still believe
you should do so. But with the way the situation is sounding I would
make sure you are allowed to talk to them at some other location.
Also make sure you let them know he is physically not afraid to enter
your premises when you don't want him too. Also for your protection
buy a small tape recorder and keep it hidden and tape the conversations
with him. Just in case
Donna