NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Part 2 of "Banned from Healthboards" thread... (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/26467-2-banned-healthboards-thread.html)

TireSlasher 08-22-2007 08:42 AM

Part 2 of "Banned from Healthboards" thread...

I thought the other one was getting really long, so here is Part 2...

Is anyone else feeling "disgruntled?"

I am. :wink:

AfterMyNap 08-22-2007 09:04 AM

Well, hello there, TS! What has you feeling disgruntled?

*pulling up chair and sitting in full attention*

AfterMyNap 08-22-2007 09:14 AM

LMAO!!!!!!!:D :Bow: :trampoline: :Head-Spin: :ROTFLMAO: :Head-Spin:

He was "supposed to go flying but got left behind"!!!!!!!!

TireSlasher 08-22-2007 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 139770)
Well, hello there, TS! What has you feeling disgruntled?

*pulling up chair and sitting in full attention*

Well, I get really "Disgruntled" when I see innocent people banned from boards that are being overseen by control freaks.

It causes me a GREAT deal of stress! I believe there is a name for this condition that I have been enduring lately.

It's called, "Banned from Healthboards-ITIS."

Not sure what the cure is though.

TireSlasher 08-22-2007 09:27 AM

Could you find that "bored?"

AfterMyNap 08-22-2007 11:11 AM

Speaking of boards, can we assume you have your computer back in top-notch condition??

TireSlasher 08-22-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 139818)
Speaking of boards, can we assume you have your computer back in top-notch condition??

I would say so. :)

AfterMyNap 08-22-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TireSlasher (Post 139839)
I would say so. :)

Good man. Now tell me straight, TS, when you're not out performing heroic acts of vandelism, what consumes your time? Are you a student? A day trader? I race car driving polo player?

TireSlasher 08-22-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 139848)
Good man. Now tell me straight, TS, when you're not out performing heroic acts of vandelism, what consumes your time? Are you a student? A day trader? I race car driving polo player?

Knives. :winky:

Oh, and I love to take my doggy to the Dog Park. :D

And, they just completed landscaping my backyard, which was a complete mess! :mad:

Other than that, hanging out with you ladies.

Taffy 08-22-2007 04:01 PM

You're "Disgruntled" ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

What did AMN do now?

DM 08-22-2007 06:21 PM

Hi TS! Yeah, enquiring minds wanna know??

Now, TS?? What kind of dog do you have??

BwithT 08-22-2007 10:11 PM

Ok, who's the wise guy that went over to HB and blew up their server???? :yikes: I have a sneaking suspicion that someone was tossing chocolates around over there. :Deliberate: I have heard that the Mods are all up in arms and have nothing to do with their pent up control issues. I think they are heading this direction. :Demonstration:

I guess since HB is down, I will just have to hang out here more and harrass you guys! :laptop:

BwithT 08-23-2007 09:22 PM

Boy, I can sure to a good job at killing a perfectly good thread. Guess I should keep my fun to myself.

Curious 08-23-2007 09:24 PM

i think we are just brain fried.

but we can vote. see if you are the queen of the thread killers. :D

Dmom3005 08-23-2007 09:27 PM

Such a interesting thread.

Why don't you just fry up some green tomatoes.

So you don't have to throw them.

Donna

Curious 08-23-2007 09:30 PM

i say we make a nice omlette with the eggs...to go with the fried green tomatoes :Starvin:

~scrabble 08-24-2007 12:52 AM

... but no green eggs with my ham, please :rolleyes:

AfterMyNap 08-24-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~scrabble (Post 140596)
... but no green eggs with my ham, please :rolleyes:

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it! I made green eggs & ham for my niece once and she loved it!

(injecting the yolks doesn't work, we went with scrambled)

rumpled 08-24-2007 03:48 PM

We are all just waiting for TS to get banned and cannot hardly post in anticipation of the event...
How do you die the ham?

DM 08-24-2007 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 140713)
Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it! I made green eggs & ham for my niece once and she loved it!

Bleah! Sounds nasty! Bet you had to tie your poor niece to a chair and force feed her...
I've seen what you do to PEEPS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumpled (Post 140792)
How do you die the ham?

Oh, just leave it in the fridge for a few months...:ROTFLMAO:

tovaxin_lab_rat 08-25-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TireSlasher (Post 139869)
Knives. :winky:

Oh, and I love to take my doggy to the Dog Park. :D

And, they just completed landscaping my backyard, which was a complete mess! :mad:

Other than that, hanging out with you ladies.

Hey TS, tell me about your landscaping job. I am a landscape designer! I turn complete messes into livable space. And do a very good job of it, if I don't say so myself! I have proof, if you want to see pictures!

I would love to see some before and after pictures of your Mess turned Nice!

AfterMyNap 08-25-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumpled (Post 140792)
We are all just waiting for TS to get banned and cannot hardly post in anticipation of the event...
How do you die the ham?

She was only about 4-5 years old, I made a light glaze with regular green cookie sugar. She gobbled it right up!

rumpled 08-25-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisymay (Post 140795)
Oh, just leave it in the fridge for a few months...:ROTFLMAO:

YUM! The glaze sounds more palatable... though...

The eggs you can just over boil... for hard boiled ones... then the yolks are green naturally... eh?

Ah peeps... used to be only Easter but now they make them for all occasions... less special now.

AfterMyNap 08-25-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumpled (Post 141128)
Ah peeps... used to be only Easter but now they make them for all occasions... less special now.

Peeps are an unnatural, otherworldly evil. But, they're fun in recipes.

rumpled 08-26-2007 06:45 PM

Peeps have great fun unnatural color... we need neon coloring in our bodies... hmmm maybe that is why my tests come out so strangely!

BwithT 08-27-2007 12:58 AM

I did it!

I just got banned and I am really peeved. I sent a reply to a man that is trying to get up to 600 pounds. People have been posting some pretty nasty things to him. Telling him he needs to get mental health counseling and accusing him of playing a joke on everyone. A couple posts from one member had been deleted. This guy has gotten up to 390 so far and wants to know if work will accept him obese.

I told him that by the responses he had gotten he wasn't being accepted on the obesity board. And that although right now he was young and didn't have any major health problems he was not healthy because the fat was building up around his heart and other organs. Then I suggested that he stay at 400 for a couple years and see how his health holds out and if he has any problems come up he will have a fighting chance. Then I prayed that he remained healthy.

I guess you can not try to be semi-supportive while pointing out someone's flaw in their thinking process.

AfterMyNap 08-27-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BwithT (Post 141491)
I just got banned and I am really peeved. I sent a reply to a man that is trying to get up to 600 pounds. People have been posting some pretty nasty things to him. Telling him he needs to get mental health counseling and accusing him of playing a joke on everyone. A couple posts from one member had been deleted. This guy has gotten up to 390 so far and wants to know if work will accept him obese.

I told him that by the responses he had gotten he wasn't being accepted on the obesity board. And that although right now he was young and didn't have any major health problems he was not healthy because the fat was building up around his heart and other organs. Then I suggested that he stay at 400 for a couple years and see how his health holds out and if he has any problems come up he will have a fighting chance. Then I prayed that he remained healthy.

I guess you can not try to be semi-supportive while pointing out someone's flaw in their thinking process.

Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling us that an otherwise healthy young man is trying to gain enough weight to weigh 600lbs.!!???

Oh my gosh! I just read that thread and he IS TRYING to gain upwards of 200lbs.!!! It's really interesting... bizarre actually, he justifies and defends himself but never says why he wants to be enormous. This is just plain freaky!

A lot of others have mentioned mental illness, questioned his wisdom, asked for an explanation, etc. and they aren't being banned. What did you actually say, BWT?

rumpled 08-27-2007 10:56 AM

That is awful BT!
I only joined over there at the behest of a friend to try to "correct" some misinformation posted by some supposed MRI tech who said that ALL pituitary tumors show up on MRIs (reliable sources say up to 40% do not show up and my personal experience was that I had two and one did not show up for 12 years even though the symptoms were there). Their rules of no URLS make it so it is hard to get accurate information to people when people post stupidity. To be able to give a reliable source would go a long way to show the validity of what is posted and make the information reliable rather than anecdotal.

Another woman posted that high testosterone was good in women. Makes them advance in business! I just love my extra chin hair... ACK!

BwithT 08-27-2007 01:12 PM

AMN,

I don't remember my exact words, but I told him that he was not really being accepted on the obesity board, so that should answer his thread question. I think that was the statement that the mod thought was rude, but it was true. I also told him that he had an error in his logic. Although he appeared to be healthy now, he was not because fat was building up around his heart and other vital organs. I suggested that he wait a couple years before gaining any more weight to see if his health held up. At 400 lbs, he may have a fighting chance. Then I wished him well.

I sent an email to the mod & got my reply. He/she/it said, "You don't seriously believe that is a real post do you? I don't!" Then they lifted the ban. If they didn't think it was a real post, why let it continue? Just to get their jollies banning people who are trying some how to help? Sick-O's, I am so done!

Curious 08-27-2007 01:36 PM

:(

that is very sad. even if the mod didn't believe the post was real...they should have taken a few minutes to do their own research.

what this person is doing ( or says they are doing) has and does happen. hubby and i own a gym. have helped people after they have gotten phycoligical help.

one man was the only thin person in his family. was treated bad and wanted to fit in. thought being thin was ugly and unhealthy looking. unattractive. what was odd his his family didn't understand his desire to work. :confused: :(

BwithT 08-27-2007 01:54 PM

It was so rediculous. The mods let others put this guy down, tell him to get mental health, but when I post with actual concern, they ban me for being disrespectful? I asked them to reread my post and see if there was a syntax error, as I am not very profficient with grammar or spelling. I knew they could be nuts, but this was WAY OUT THERE! :BeamUp:

If it was just some guy trying to get everyone worked up, he was being very successful. Maybe if he saw that people were actually showing concern he wouldn't think it was so funny. I know a few people who are beyond morbidly obese, and have such low self esteem that instead of losing they embrace their size and say they like being big. I am a lot over weight (we will not discuss that) and I do not like being fat. I love myself, and what the scale says does not define me, but I will continue to fight to lose weight for my health. Oh, God, I'm preaching again!

Curious 08-27-2007 01:58 PM

lol bwt..preach away. i'm known for standing on a soap box or 2. :D

it is hard to know when somebody is baiting to a rise out of people. guess they get their jollies that way. :rolleyes: but best to try and be helpful first.

i don;'t remember..but have you joined us on the weight loss forum? lots of motivation and support.

BwithT 08-27-2007 02:10 PM

I haven't yet. I was spending too much time at HB Back Problems, but I have really been pulling away. Kind of lost, left out, not feeling like I belonged anymore. The 5 or 6 people that know everything about every back problem (how???) shunned me for some reason. I digress...

I will be spending more time wondering around here. Trying to get the hang of the conversations. You guys are all so funny, your posts so creative. I have a hard enough time just getting what I am trying to say into words. When I am talking to people, everyone says I am so funny, should be a comedian, but writing is a whole different kettle of fish!

JewelryJulie 05-20-2009 10:47 PM

Disgruntled former Healtboarder here.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by TireSlasher (Post 139763)
I thought the other one was getting really long, so here is Part 2...

Is anyone else feeling "disgruntled?"

I am. :wink:

I have been suspended for what, unsure, wasn't told. I have been suspended for talking about suicide with someone who thread was titled "my mom killed herself"

Got an additional couple of points after that suspension for telling the girl that I wasn't sure what else I could say about the subject. So, not only could I not talk about suicide on a suicide posting, but when admiting that I wasn't sure what else I could say, I was also given an infraction. So that place got the following email: *edit*

I mean, I thought the woman who was dealing with the suicide death of her mom trying to get help--and not being allowed to get anything except for "oh, so sorry" was ridiculous!! Can't talk about suicide? Can't explain to drug addicts a concequence of their behavior?

Good thing the internet is a great big place.

Thus I am here--who knows, I may have just broken ten new rules and will be banned from here too!

AfterMyNap 05-21-2009 07:35 AM

Hi, JJ ! :Wave-Hello: Welcome to NeuroTalk!

Our admin here is very, very accommodating and we even have an area specifically designated to survivors of suicide:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum29.html

However, while I'm not sure it's a steadfast "rule", we've been asked to avoid bashing other boards in our community. We were graciously allowed to do so for a time in this case, but that time has now passed.

Please feel free to join in anywhere, introduce yourself around, play some games, offer some creative input, or just read to your heart's content. :)

Again, welcome to NT!

Chemar 05-21-2009 08:02 AM

Hi and welcome

glad AMN helped you with that link and hope you will feel very much at home here and receive the support you need

as DocJohn closed our previous thread re HealthBoards I need to lock this one too. We understand many have a problem at that other board, but we hope all will be much happier here