NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Feeling Very Hurt/No One Care (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/2751-feeling-hurt-care.html)

DaisyMae 10-04-2006 03:47 PM

Feeling Very Hurt/No One Care

Hi, I'm feeling so very alone these days, feel like no one cares. You see I had major surgery awhile ago, while I have some friends you have cared you have called have sent meals, and I'm thankful for them, but my family is another story. The first week that I was home from the hospital my mom said to me that she won't call me until I call her, and then I have a mother-in-law you hasn't even called me once to see how I'm doing, not a single phone call nothing. That's the thanks I get for ever trying to be nice to her to go out of my way for her etc.......She doesn't care, even tho I've been married for 19 years, I know that she will never accept the fact that I took her son away from her. Not a one family member has come to help me out, or to just come to visit, nothing, if it weren't for my husband and children I'd be all alone.
Today I'm feeling so down about all of the family stuff, I don't know what to do, please keep me in your prayers that they some day come around for me, I've had so many numerous surgeries and it's always been like this, I guess the saying is true that goes like this "you can't pick your family, but you can choose your friends". Why are families like this?, I ask myself this so many times, and I can never find a reason.

DaisyMaey

Curious 10-04-2006 04:58 PM

awww daisymae...we care.

the funny thing about family and friends...friends just love you for you. famliy...well we are kinda stuck with them ya know? now i'm not saying they are stuck with you..not at all, but not everyone has a kind heart like you.

some in famlies are the takers. they never figure out the giving part. my in-laws...not a giver in the bunch. i don't let it change me. i have learned the hard way that they are who they are.

yes sweety, you are in my prayers. welcome to bt2 and sss. lots of new friends. :D

((((((hugs))))))
Curious

CoolAngel26 10-04-2006 06:04 PM

{{{DaisyMae}}}

Adding to Curious's comments,here..

Please keep posting here..we are all here to support each other,and we do care.You are a valuable member of this community.:)

Chemar 10-04-2006 07:01 PM

adding another (((hug))) for you, DaisyMae

we really care about each other here, and we would be honored to have you be a part of that :)

cybil_who 10-04-2006 08:01 PM

we really care daisymae (((hugs)))

KTM5665 10-04-2006 08:06 PM

yep, we sure do, Daisy Mae.

and if its any consilation to ya...my family takes the cake for allsorts of not such neat bragging rights. Im leavin town for the holidays this year!:cool: :D

Hope ya start feelin the love!

DaisyMae 10-04-2006 08:23 PM

Thanks Everyone, you are all so very kind, I'll be around for sure, you all seem so very nice.

DaisyMae

Julie 10-04-2006 08:49 PM

Big hugs!!!

snoozie 10-04-2006 08:56 PM

Hi Daisy, we are all just a mouse click away. Come here any time and I am sure you will find somebody here to talk to you, you have many friends here...Sue

norwegian 10-05-2006 02:30 AM

Being with you on the road, Daisy Mae
If your family doesnt want to be part of your network, you build one without them.
We are part of it!
megahugs
Per, Norway

Chemar 10-05-2006 07:29 AM

good morning DaisyMae

I hope today will be a good one for you :)

DaisyMae 10-05-2006 05:04 PM

Well today was a better day, I had a visit from a dear friend and that helped alot. At least I have all of you, and some dear friends that are more caring and helpful then my family.

DaisyMae

Chemar 10-05-2006 05:55 PM

so glad your caring friend came to see you DaisyMae
good friends are real treasures, arent they!

(((DaisyMae))):)

snoozie 10-05-2006 06:19 PM

Hi Daisy, I was wondering about you today so I am glad you stopped by. Sometimes our friends don't understand our lot in life but I know it helps so much for them to not forget about us. My wish is for more days of happiness for you...Sue

JoJo6 10-06-2006 01:16 PM

The same from here DsisyMae, I care about you too. It is hard to have surgery, but it does make things worse when you have no support from family.

I don't know why. but most families are what you described. Try to ignore them, if possible. Remember your friends here in SSS

I see several new people that I haven't met yet. Welcome to BT2, also to you DaisyMae.

We love you, dear. Don't forget that, ok? take care and come often. There are some of the best in this SSS:) . Take care, Jo

cybil_who 10-06-2006 01:53 PM

i am happy u had a better day yesterday daisymae i hope your days be come better and better each day :)

Idealist 10-07-2006 12:20 AM

I care, Daisy Mae...I really, reallly do!!!

norwegian 10-07-2006 02:23 AM

aturday has started here, Mae, and I hope it will bring you a surprise gift of friendship.
Per, Norway

ginnie 08-14-2010 09:24 AM

Re: not alone

Hello, I am new to the list and finding out we are not alone. my family, my daughter and her husband left my life. I have a year old grandson i've never seen. my son-in-law removed her and my grandson from my life, over religion, and what he thinks my sins are. It was over money too. There was a trust. I have several friends, and my son, who are in my life. I am blessed I know that, as you can't really count on family all the time. My family is spit and I am in pain over it, facing a very ruff future with all these surgeries. I wonder why I should bother sometime, but I do have these friends who do help me to cope. There are people on this list I am finding who can help. Religion can so devide us. it shouldn't be that way. ginnie

Koala77 08-15-2010 01:56 AM

I'm so very sorry you're going through this Virginia, and no.... you are not alone. :hug:

You may not get replies from the people who responded earlier to this thread, because this was written back in 2006 and some of the posters are no longer with us, but I did want to tell you that there are many other members here who understand what you're going through.

I guess over time, we almost expect to lose a friend or two, but it hits hard when it's your own family who lets you down. I think the pain caused by one's own flesh and blood is so much harder to bear than that which may be caused by some-one else.... some-one less connected. :(

I also think it's difficult for some people to understand how a member of one's own family can make a person feel this bad. Most people have good relationships amongst their family members, and for that reason they might find it hard to understand a situation like the one you find yourself in now. I think sometimes that you have to have been there yourself to truly understand.

Virginia, I'm so very sorry you that don't see your grandson..... that must really hurt. :(

I'll pray your situation changes in the near future so you'll be able to see him again, and although I know it's probably very hard to think positive at the moment, please do not give up hope. :hug:

ginnie 08-15-2010 08:13 AM

family

Part of my family left me. My daughter a sweet innocent emotional girl, was taken by an ex 8 yr marine. He will not let her have any contact with me as he hates me. There was a trust involved, and a beach house he very much wants. I have a new grandson, a year old this 29th I have never seen. I had to beg for his name. no contact, no matter how I ask, or cry. I face major surgery again, I feel alone too. I have several good friends outside my family that are my family now. I could not make it anymore on my own. My dissabilities were too much to handle this beach house alone. I ran out of money as I had no health insurance when all hell broke out with my health. No dimes are left. I moved in my best friend, a woman. Well thats what did it. I moved in a friend to help me out, and my sin of all sins is to live with a woman. For that I am punished by not having my family. I cannot tell you how sick I feel over all this. I sometimes do not want to continue on at all. This list is beginning to help me. I am finding out I am not alone, and that there are others who can help me cope. I wish you better days to come:o

Chemar 08-16-2010 06:31 PM

praying things get better :smileypray:

ginnie 08-17-2010 08:14 AM

thanks so much

Thank you for understanding my pain in having my family split. I have not seen a picture of my grandson, nor as I said allowed to be a part of my own family. When my dissibilites got so I could not handle the house or myself for matter, I moved in my best friend, a woman. Boy did I sin with that in my family. I am eternally damned for that. I was told to my face I am not welcome in their home without supervision...I am 59 yrs old, and I find that statement quite full of S_____. It hurt you bet. I can't get over it in fact, and that is part of the reason I don't know If I want to go on sometimes. I see about my surgery today. I do have council, a good therapist, and now I have this list. I already know I need to connect to people on this list to help me through it. My grandson turns one on the 29th should I send a card even though it will be put in the garbage.?

Koala77 08-18-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virginia neill (Post 685924)
...... My grandson turns one on the 29th should I send a card even though it will be put in the garbage.?

I would Virginia. I know that you'll probably never know if he got the card or not, but you will know that you sent it, and I think that's important.

Don't stoop to their level. Continue to love your grandson even though you've not yet met.... and one day hopefully, your love and perseverance may be rewarded.

There are no guarantees Virginia, but that goes for everything in life. Put your trust in the Lord and pray that things will change for the better in the not too distant future.

I wish you well. :hug:

Friend2U 08-21-2010 12:29 AM

You've always got friends here!!!

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...eso1hjn585.gif

ginnie 08-21-2010 10:26 AM

not alone

Hello daisy mae, I am new to the list too. I have family issues as well, a daughter that will not be a part of my life. I have friends that do help me when I feel alone. Family sometimes just doesn't work, or one member desides they want no part. I do not know why this happened, and I always question WHY? There are people who care, and I am one of them. I am 58 and do not understand why my family split. I came into this site, needing the company of those souls, tuned into one another. I am glad you found this site too. I do care. Ginnie:grouphug:

ginnie 08-23-2010 11:53 AM

family

I am thinking of you this a.m. I am sorry your family has not been there for you. I am in similar circumstances. I get no help or compassion from one of my two children. My son is in my corner, my daughter is lost to me, and so is the grandson I shall never meet. All this becaue I became disabled and moved my best friend in with me, a woman...and all hell broke loose. I am now a sinner, and my sin is to be shunned by my family, my daughter, her husband, and my innocent grandbaby. It is hard enough to make it when you do have your family. Those of us who do not, reach out like you are doing now. Do not stop reaching out. I care about you. We are all the human family and we need each other very much. I am here, if you ever need to talk about family things. Ginnie