NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   I just want to run away... (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/41514-run.html)

Abbie 03-18-2008 01:17 AM

I just want to run away...

I just want to run away...
find somewhere I can scream really loud without someone calling the cops on me...

I'm just tired and I don't understand what's going on....

I'm just venting here.... I'm sorry.... I don't want to bother anyone I just feel like I'm going to explode because I can't get the words out....

I know my problems and worries are nothing compared to others.... I just needed to vent.

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smile...essionless.gif
Abbie

Twinkletoes 03-18-2008 01:28 AM

Sorry you are feeling so frustrated, Abbie.

It's not true that your problems and worries are further down the measuring stick than others' -- we are not in competition here to see who is the worst off.

Rather, we're here for support, and you've been good at that; now it's your turn (unfortunately) to be on the receiving end. But that's why we hang out here, so we don't feel so alone.

Sending healing hugs your way. Hope you get some good sleep tonight. :hug:

Abbie 03-18-2008 01:40 AM

I know it's not a competition... I don't want it to be.... I'm sorry if it sound that way... :(

I just know my problems and worries are not big... they are small in the big picture... I feel terrible for posting at all... I just needed a place to vent.

I can't vent at home...family doesn't understand and doesn't want to hear it.... and my friends are tired of listening to me... I wish I could explain more...

Thank you for listening to me... I'm whining... didn't mean to... just wanted to vent.

Alffe 03-18-2008 04:11 AM

Vent away dear Abbie...we've all felt like running away at times in our lives.
If you do decide to run...come my way, I'm waiting with a hug. :hug:

Wren 03-18-2008 06:26 AM

Abbie sweetie ~ I'll listen anytime. :hug:

lou_lou 03-18-2008 07:36 AM

can you go stay with a friend?

dear Abaski,
perhaps you do need a vacation - mental health day - or just get away from the computer?
luv
tena

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abasaki (Post 239342)
I know it's not a competition... I don't want it to be.... I'm sorry if it sound that way... :(

I just know my problems and worries are not big... they are small in the big picture... I feel terrible for posting at all... I just needed a place to vent.

I can't vent at home...family doesn't understand and doesn't want to hear it.... and my friends are tired of listening to me... I wish I could explain more...

Thank you for listening to me... I'm whining... didn't mean to... just wanted to vent.

FeelinGoofy 03-18-2008 07:47 AM

Abbie,
I'm very much in the same boat with you right now... my troubles seem so small compared to others, but right now i fell very overwhelmed by it all. One thing i've learned is the people here are very supportive and it doesn't matter how small or how big the problem. The main thing is to talk about it. Somebody will be here to listen, and give you a {{{HUG}}}
:hug:

Looking4hope 03-18-2008 08:15 AM

Boy, Abbie...

You know that I understand. I've screamed at the top of my lungs in my car once or twice. I've taken a ball down in the basement and threw it against the cement walls venting as I was throwing it as hard as I could. You'd be surprise at the amount of physical release that can have. Psst.. I really am not a maniac, I was taught to do that.

Vent all you want. Give up. Say you don't care. Get mad. Don't apologize for your feelings or your troubles not being bad enough as every one elses. There is no reason to feel guilty about it. It's your hurt and your pain and you have a right to be frustrated and mad at the world if you want.

Ya want to do it together? :D

Hugs,
Hope :hug:

Doody 03-18-2008 08:16 AM

(((Abbie)))

Abbie 03-18-2008 06:38 PM

Thank you all....

I made it to my doc today... he told me I can run but "this" is just going to follow me everywhere I go.... he said it's never going to leave.... :( told me to suck it up.

At least he didn't tell me to deal with it... he knows I'm doing the best I can.

I still want to run..... but I'll probably just hide.

Looking4hope 03-18-2008 07:33 PM

OMG... Abbie, I told myself just night after I was feeling frustrated about my life that I was doing the best that I can! I also told that to my t-doc today. He didn't tell me to suck it up though, although I think I was telling myself that by saying "I'm doing the best that I can."... Because I am. That's all a person can do.

Does that make sense? :hug:

Love,

Hope

nohope 03-18-2008 09:57 PM

I just wanted you to know you are my inspiration and why I continue to sit in front of my computer most the day. Everybody has had their hardknocks, some more than others. However another day always comes out of it. How can we make it better when we have given all that we can give only to be knocked right back down again. I came here feeling like there was literally nohope left, but every day you all pick me right back up again to the functioning aproach. I function, but this just aint me. I want my life back to when everything fell into sinc. I understand now I will never have my life back and must cope and drudge forward. It is you guys that have kept me going. Bless you for the sake of my girls, Nina too! Drudge on, there is peace somewhere out there.

Chemar 03-19-2008 08:19 AM

:hug:Abbie:hug:

your doc may have told you to "suck it up"...... but for sure you know that this is the place to blow it out:grouphug:
keeping it in just causes it to brew and stew into way more than you should have to bear....

we luv ya Abbie:Heart:

Alffe 03-19-2008 09:28 AM

blow it out? LOLOL...gotta love that Cher....:grouphug:

Looking4hope 03-19-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemar (Post 240226)
:hug:Abbie:hug:

your doc may have told you to "suck it up"...... but for sure you know that this is the place to blow it out:grouphug:
keeping it in just causes it to brew and stew into way more than you should have to bear....

we luv ya Abbie:Heart:

"Blow it out" .... I love it! :D

nohope 03-19-2008 01:41 PM

Go Abbie!!!:)

DMACK 03-20-2008 06:41 AM

Standing on a hill top, i could almost touch a cloud.

And in the far ofF distance, i could hear our ABBIE screaming loud.

I yelled back, "Dear ABBIE, its DAVID here, can you hear my call"?.

Then a shout came back from DOODY, "i'm here ABBIE if you fall".

Also in the far beyond, i could here the thudding of a ball,

LOOKING4HOPE yelled out, "Dear Abbie would you like to share my concrete wall"

Also in the distance i heard a voice sream, "ABBIE i too feel just like you"

That caring voice was FEELING GOOFY dont know how, i just knew.

"Suck it up" i heard someone shout, it must have been a Doctor [BLAH!!]

"TRY A BETTER CURE DEAR doc, AND EMOTTIONALLY UNBLOCK ER!"

"CHEMAR is that you" i yelled "Sound advice dear friend"

"Let abbie know she can SCREAM AND SHOUT & BLOW IT OUT NO END"

I shouted ,"People do you like my HILLTOP shouting shop there's a wondeful open view."

Then the wise voice of ALFFE screamed out "Abbie, girl....just do whats best for you"

Then Nohope joined in and cried out loud too! "Abbie you've helped me so much, just know i'm here for you"

High up on my hill-top i though i was all alone. Tena Louise shouted "You know what,....this place is just like home"

So Abbie MY dear friend... when life gets you down, and you really need to shout.

Shut your eyes, and climb up to my hiltop,..TAKE DEAEP BREATHS ...then BLOW......... THE LOT OF IT OUT...........

NEVER ALONE

:grouphug:

DAVID

Alffe 03-20-2008 06:55 AM

David McCallion

came to the forum

riding on a stallion.

Sword drawn

armour worn

ready to slay

the dragon.

Depression is

a formitable foe

Dear Pter fought

him daily.

And our dear Abbie

does the same

surrounded by

this "famblie".

*grin

Hugs for the room. :grouphug:

Looking4hope 03-20-2008 06:59 AM

David, that story was wonderful... Alffe, yours too. :)

I don't feel very poetic today, but I wish everyone well. :grouphug:

Love,
Hope

Doody 03-20-2008 07:51 AM

Okay, now that just made my day. :hug:

Doody 03-20-2008 08:00 AM

I remember once when my dear primary doctor, whom I really like, told me basically to deal with the fibromyalgia and myofascia pain, that it would always be there. (In other words, nicely told me to suck it up.)

My response was that I didn't want to suck it up, I wanted suggestions on how to deal with the dam pain, come on!!! He does provide me with pain medicine, but on my own, I've taken steps to try as many things as I can to tone down the pain and I've been doing okay.

Suck it up, gimme a break. I prefer...try to live in the now and not be overwhelmed by what may be or what has been because really, all we have is right now.

And right now means I'm writing in here and this place makes me feel good with all the caring and warmth I feel from everyone.

:grouphug:

bizi 03-20-2008 09:52 AM

Thank you David, you brought tears to my eyes....:o
bizi

nohope 03-20-2008 01:11 PM

Sitting here on the computer, sobbing for my dear Nina, I stumbled onto this. David, you always know the right things to say. Bless your heart and we are all in this together.

Abbie 03-20-2008 09:48 PM

Thank you all....

http://th114.photobucket.com/albums/...138/th_sad.gif

Abbie

kithitter 03-20-2008 10:12 PM

I hope this helps..I used to be a firefighter. It's what got me all screwed up. One fire changed my life. Anyhoo, we used to go to car wrecks all the time. Some of the wreck's would be nothing. Hardly a scratch and the people would be crying and scared. It took me awhile to figure out,that, to them this was a major ordeal. I mean after you see wreck's so unimaginable, a fender bender has no effect on you.
The point I am trying to make is...It really doesn't matter how your illness stacks up to others( really who wants to be the most sick) in this forum. What matter's is how you feel and how you are dealing with thing's. If this is the worst you have had to deal with,then you are in uncharted water's, so to speak, and you have to learn how to cope just like someone w/a "worser" illness.

Alffe 03-22-2008 05:53 AM

I really liked what you said about uncharted waters kithitter. Thanks. :grouphug: