NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Permanent Caribbean Cruise for MS (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/42082-permanent-caribbean-cruise-ms.html)

tkrik 03-25-2008 03:19 PM

Permanent Caribbean Cruise for MS

Lately I have been having trouble reading, my eyes and brain are all over the place jumping between paragraphs and words. Now, only one with MS cognitive issues could make this mistake. LOL

I was reading on the MS Focus site about a Caribbean Cruise. I looked at the date and all I saw was that it leaves Miami, Florida on February 8, 2009. I couldn't find a return date or the number of days of the cruise. :eek:

I had to laugh because I could not imagine what they were going to do with a cruise ship full of disabled MSers in the Caribbean. Not return us? Take us to the Bermuda Triangle? LOL

Then I thought PERMANENT VACATION! This is a deal. All you have to pay for is your cabin. The food and everything else is included! With no return date we would be set for life enjoying the Caribbean.

Who wants to go?

BTW- I did eventually find that it says "seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise." Dang!

Riverwild 03-25-2008 04:37 PM

Wait! We aren't on a cruise right now???

Reaches in my bag for more meds...:p I can fix that...

Kitty 03-25-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverwild (Post 244527)

I'll have what she's having!!! :p:p:D

GladysD 03-25-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herekitty1960 (Post 244537)

ME TOO!!!:Trapeze 2::partytime2:

Erin524 03-25-2008 05:03 PM

I think I may be on a cruise right now... I feel a bit seasick. (dang vertigo!!)

*I do think that the current vertigo isnt MS related. I think it's due to a prescription for a sleeping medication. The past 3 or 4 days are the first time I've used it more than 2 days in a row.

tkrik 03-25-2008 05:04 PM

I'll have some too RW. Oh, wait . . .based on my reading error, apparently I already had that. LOL.

Pina Colada anyone?

(Changing my avatar in honor of the MS Focus Caribbean cruise to neverland.)

thecatsmeow 03-25-2008 05:05 PM

:D Oh count me in! What cha got in your bag? Wanna trade? :D

KarenMarie 03-25-2008 05:40 PM

I love bags of goodies !! Pina Coladas too - just bring a life preserver in case I go overboard - legs aren't what they used to be -

tkrik 03-25-2008 05:51 PM

KM - The nice salt water might be good for your legs. *throwing KM a life preserver just in case*

What would the workshops be?

A workshop for those with balance issues. This will entail a minimum of 3 cocktails and/or shots of your choice, and then surfboarding.

A creative workshop - Painting Your Mobility Aids For An Eccentric's Look on the Lido Deck.

Visual Field Workshop - Walking the Plank.

Bannet 03-25-2008 06:13 PM

Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a lower bunk (afraid of heights):D

I could finally see the ocean!!!!!

*going to pack*:wink:

tkrik 03-25-2008 06:34 PM

Despite my little reading error, this cruise IS real and does sound like fun. Check it out at http://www.msfocus.org/programs_cruise.php.

In the meantime, feel free to get silly and make fun of me at my expense. I don't mind, I think we all could use some laughter right now.

I'll be bringing my lorazepam. That should help you Erin with your seasickness. What do you have to trade?

We could play shuffle board with our canes.

FlyFishin Momma 03-25-2008 07:04 PM

I dont know if I wanna go or not....I mean I do....I mean I do wanna go.....but I just wanna come back home....ya know ....someday.....

tkrik 03-25-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyFishin Momma (Post 244675)
I dont know if I wanna go or not....I mean I do....I mean I do wanna go.....but I just wanna come back home....ya know ....someday.....

You can take a cyber trip with us though.

Heck, I can't do the real thing. That is almost a months worth of bills! I am sure Uncle Sam would love to know that I took my SSDI and my kids SSDI, didn't pay bills or buy food, but went on a cruise in the Caribbean's instead. LOL

Kay is going to lead us in the limbo. . . after a Kamikaze of course.

AfterMyNap 03-25-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverwild (Post 244527)

Quote:

Originally Posted by herekitty1960 (Post 244537)

Make mine a double!!!

*running for shades & flip flops*

CayoKay 03-25-2008 10:39 PM

hrrrrruummmmmpppphhh!

I noticed the cruise ain't a-comin' to MY neck o'the Caribbean woods.

:D

SallyC 03-25-2008 10:51 PM

I don't think I'd cotten to a neverending cruise on the Carribean. I'd feel like Patrick Henry and, besides, there's hurricanes out there..:eek: We'd need a pretty fast boat.

Sorry to rain on your cruise..:rain: :D

AfterMyNap 03-26-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 244781)
I don't think I'd cotten to a neverending cruise on the Carribean. I'd feel like Patrick Henry and, besides, there's hurricanes out there..:eek: We'd need a pretty fast boat.

Sorry to rain on your cruise..:rain: :D

Now that you mention it, Debby Downer, I think you have a point. I don't really even like cruises that much!

*grabbing DD's arm*

C'mon, let's go explore the Appalachians for a few weeks.:D

*reaching back for RW's good meds*

Erin524 03-26-2008 01:42 PM

What about an Alaskan cruise (during the summer)

It would (hopefully) not be too warm, so we wouldnt have to worry about Uhthoff bugging us. We'd just have to watch out for icebergs.

Twinkletoes 03-26-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyFishin Momma (Post 244675)

But WHY? You could fish every day for the rest of your life!!! :D

AfterMyNap 03-26-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 245176)
But WHY? You could fish every day for the rest of your life!!! :D

She knows better than to get her reel all mucked up with saltwater. Pay attention, she's river people. Sheesh.

SandyC 03-26-2008 04:06 PM

I've been here and can go back. Can someone pass me a banana smoothie, with alcohol please.

"Oh, listen over there. That band is playing Red Red Wine, my favorite song."

the Bird 03-26-2008 09:50 PM

If it tis a neverending cruise in the Carribean, does that mean that my favorite pirate might be there?

LET'S GO GIRLS!!! :D

SallyC 03-26-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Bird (Post 245501)
If it tis a neverending cruise in the Carribean, does that mean that my favorite pirate might be there?

LET'S GO GIRLS!!! :D

And would his initials be JD??:cool:

MSacorn 03-26-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyC (Post 245544)
And would his initials be JD??:cool:

I know that's the initials of MY favorite pirate. :D

SandyC 03-27-2008 11:26 AM

JD is going to be in Chicago filming and they are calling people out to be an extra. Oh how I would love to do that.

AfterMyNap 03-27-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 245819)
JD is going to be in Chicago filming and they are calling people out to be an extra. Oh how I would love to do that.

Oh my gosh! Don't do it! When in our teens, some friends and I went to a call for extras in a Coke commercial, it was a mob scene and really scary! We never even saw the commercial after all that!:mad: Imagine what you'd encounter with my lover in the neighborhood!

tkrik 03-27-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 245828)
Oh my gosh! Don't do it! When in our teens, some friends and I went to a call for extras in a Coke commercial, it was a mob scene and really scary! We never even saw the commercial after all that!:mad: Imagine what you'd encounter with my lover in the neighborhood!

Oh she's imagining alright.:D

KarenMarie 03-27-2008 02:05 PM

JD is my favorite pirate of all time - favorite Edward Scissorhands too - actually one of my favorite day dreams - as the old saying goes - oh well I won't go there -

tkrik 03-27-2008 04:59 PM

While you are all learning to be pirates from JD, I will be at the Cloud Nine lounge with Bon Jovi.

the Bird 03-27-2008 09:25 PM

Ok....so is Johnny going to be there or not??? :D

:confused:

KarenMarie 03-27-2008 09:38 PM

I'm older then you - first dibs !!!

Foggy Brain 03-27-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrik (Post 245971)
While you are all learning to be pirates from JD, I will be at the Cloud Nine lounge with Bon Jovi.

:eek::eek::eek: Only after I'm done with him, Trish !!!! :cool::eek::D LOL

Jodylee 03-28-2008 07:04 AM

Wait! Wait! *hobbling like mad to get my bags

Am I too late????? Oops, nope. Cruise doesn't leave until next February, yay!!!

I'm only a 30 minute drive from Miami!!! I've got a nice bag of stuff to trade with :)!

Carp, I can't afford it either. Sigh. That's okay, maybe next year!

Seriously though, I have a great girl at the NMSS who helps me out sometimes. I saw her when I went to my neuro's office a few weeks ago and she offered to sign me up for FREE for their women's retreat in Miami in July! I'm so excited:D. There will be yoga (could be interesting hmm) , FOOD, a stay at the Hilton for a couple of nights, massages etc. I can't wait :D!! Hopefully no hurricanes that weekend!

I wish I could take you guys with me :(! I know you'll be there in spirit :).

tkrik 03-28-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenMarie (Post 246136)
I'm older then you - first dibs !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foggy Brain (Post 246143)
:eek::eek::eek: Only after I'm done with him, Trish !!!! :cool::eek::D LOL

Excuse me ladies but I called him 1st. Sorry.:D:p

Joelle - That sounds great! You so deserve that wonderful break and I'm happy for you as well as excited for you. In the meantime, certainly join us on this cyber cruise.

Do you know they have rock climbing? I guess that will be one of our activities. Jon is just going to have to help me with that.:D

thecatsmeow 03-28-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joellelee2000 (Post 246253)
Wait! Wait! *hobbling like mad to get my bags

Am I too late????? Oops, nope. Cruise doesn't leave until next February, yay!!!

I'm only a 30 minute drive from Miami!!! I've got a nice bag of stuff to trade with :)!

Carp, I can't afford it either. Sigh. That's okay, maybe next year!

Seriously though, I have a great girl at the NMSS who helps me out sometimes. I saw her when I went to my neuro's office a few weeks ago and she offered to sign me up for FREE for their women's retreat in Miami in July! I'm so excited:D. There will be yoga (could be interesting hmm) , FOOD, a stay at the Hilton for a couple of nights, massages etc. I can't wait :D!! Hopefully no hurricanes that weekend!

I wish I could take you guys with me :(! I know you'll be there in spirit :).

Joellelee thats sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could join you!

As for the MS Cruise I actually called them today and got the info. GASP!

The good news is 2010 they are looking into an Alaskan cruise. That one I just may have to say CHARGE IT!

Joyce

AZjanie 03-30-2008 02:05 PM

I have never been on a cruise.

I would like to try one to but only if I could be in a veranda room with a private balcony so I wouldn't have to be in crowds all the time and still enjoy an ocean view.

Cruises are so expensive with all the added charges for shore trips, sodas, some restaurants on board etc. Also; the wait in line to do things would be difficult.

Some cruise lines make you sit with strangers for meals and I wouldn't like that at all. I would be very uncomfortable if my tremors started and freaked people.

With so many people on board and kids everywhere I think it may be overwhelming for this old lady.

DH and I do bus trips with other seniors and enjoy traveling with other old people like us!