NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Community & Forum Feedback (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/)
-   -   10,000 Members!!!!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/community-and-forum-feedback/45701-10-000-a.html)

Abbie 05-14-2008 06:24 PM

10,000 Members!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS
and
THANK YOU
DOC JOHN!!!

Neurotalk is now 10,000 Members STRONG!!!!

:hug:
Abbie:hug:

MooseasaurusRex 05-14-2008 07:27 PM

OUT-standing!

Strength in numbers and what have you.

Now, if I could borrow a dollar from each of you...:D

Burntmarshmallow 05-14-2008 08:04 PM

:cool: :D :cool: we do have an awesome community and a great crew behind it all. ALL the members are the best ...umm cus I am one and my best pals are too :p
PEACE
BMW

tovaxin_lab_rat 05-14-2008 09:56 PM

WoW!!

Thanks Doc and the rest of the Admin Staff for providing such a wonderful forum and for allowing us the use of all the features the software has to provide. It's such a pleasure to be here among such wonderful caring, sharing and informative members! :hug:

Koala77 05-15-2008 02:00 AM

Thank you Doc and all the Admin staff from me as well!

I also congratulated our member number 10,000: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread45700.html

DocJohn 05-15-2008 05:58 AM

Time to celebrate!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Waaaaaa hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Thank you all for making it possible! :) :) :)

After all, a community is only as strong as its members.

DocJohn

Doody 05-15-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocJohn (Post 279560)

After all, a community is only as strong as its members.

DocJohn

Very true...but it's comforting to know that our fearless leader is behind the scenes and there for us when we need him. Thanks Doc.

Alffe 05-15-2008 08:11 AM

What is that giant sucking noise I hear.....:D

Doody 05-15-2008 08:28 AM

:yikes: I'm shocked, Ms. Alffe, that you would think I'm sucking up to the boss. :D

Maybe a little embarrassed. :o But then again, not so much. :p

I just get all twitterpated when the boss shows up and graces us with his presence. :D

mrsD 05-15-2008 10:31 AM

Wow...

I think it is totally inspiring to see so many people come together,
donate time, creativity, support, and information for the purpose
of making the world a bit nicer to live in.

I for one am glad this place exists. And I hope it continues to endure!

Thanks to DocJohn, Kimmydawn, Chemar, Curious, Jo, Shelley and Av8rGirl,
plus all the Welcoming committee, to keep us all safe here.

DocJohn 05-15-2008 10:53 AM

Indeed, a big thanks goes out to the entire community and welcome teams here, who do all the day-to-day work of the community. They do help the ship continue sailing smoothly! :)

I never imagined that in just in the span of a year and a half we'd reach such a large milestone!

John

PS - We'll be upgrading the forums next month to the latest version of the forum software, which adds a bunch of new features:

- Thread tagging
- User picture galleries are now built-in to your profile page (we will keep our existing photo gallery as well)
- Enhanced profile pages, including the ability to customize them (ala Myspace)
- Member-created social groups (e.g., create a group for your favorite hobby, for instance)
- Social bookmarking integration

mrsD 05-15-2008 11:07 AM

OMGoodness....

Lots of new bells and whistles!

I hope I can manage those! (you should see me struggle with Ebay!)

Just as an aside. I just saw a video off Yahoo yesterday, that was disturbing.
There was a Symantec security person explaining how phishing is highest now
on MySpace and Facebook..and are now the favorite places for hackers to get info on people whom they plan to target. So my paranoia hinkies didn't like that very much. Not that I have a MySpace or Facebook account, but I would be concerned about too much PERSONAL info being in one place here. So I might be very guarded about using that feature. But on the other hand, it might be a good spot to put up data-- for others-- the basics that I suggest that get repeated over and over here. So we'll see.

Sounds exciting in any event. I like the personal gallery idea alot!

Thanks DocJohn!

sugarboo 05-16-2008 09:50 AM

You mean it gets better???

:grouphug:

THANKS DOCJOHN!!

brandonwall 05-16-2008 09:24 PM

Doc I am sure you know this already. Make what ever server you have this hosted on can support alot more. I made this mistake on my first web site I created. one mistake I will never make again. Another site Im a moderator on we had to upgrade about every 2 years there. Numbers keep growing and growing.

Just a heads up.

Also noticed this is vbulliten based. Make sure you have the security updates as well. Ive heard about some of these sites getting hacked and such.

Chemar 05-16-2008 09:31 PM

Hi Brandon

you can rest assured that Doc ensures all upgrades and patches are fully up to date and that the system can handle a large member load:)

dorrie 05-16-2008 09:36 PM

CONGRATULATIONS
NEUROTALK!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

dorrie 05-20-2008 12:13 AM

Can you believe there are still another 127 new members or so since the 10000 mark:Dancing-Chilli:thats terrific!!

DM 05-20-2008 08:04 AM

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...ho1fedewn4.gif

10,000!!! WOW! Thanks Doc John.

Our dinner table is getter BIGGER and BIGGER! :D

AfterMyNap 05-20-2008 03:57 PM

I'd like to thank the academy...

:You-Rock: :doctor:

This is incredible! :yahoo: :highfive: :Bow:

Can't wait to play with the new toys!

*rummaging for dm's helmet*

:OuttaHere: C'mon! Let's go get ready!!!

DM 05-21-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 283455)
I'd like to thank the academy...

:You-Rock: :doctor:

*rummaging for dm's helmet*

:OuttaHere: C'mon! Let's go get ready!!!

*getting ready to launch ripe tomotoes at stage*

We already know AMN looks good in red! :D

Corkybird 05-21-2008 07:07 PM

seeing that 10,000 mark is indeed remarkable!!! I know that over the past 10 plus yrs that I've been in chat rooms of various types...NeuroTalk is indeed the best! Everyone is caring for others, friendly, joking at times, lending a shoulder, and just all around the type of place that everyone needs to be a part of.
If I were to HAVE to complain about anything, which I'd rather NOT complain since there's sooooooo many plusses to NT, it would be that more people would visit the chat rooms. Sometimes just talking, or I should say, typing our thoughts...seems to relax a person and help ease their minds.
But I just feel so so blessed for each and every one of the friends that I've met here!! They've all helped me thru a lot of difficult times in the past few months, don't know what I'd do without y'all. :grouphug:

Marilyn

BaxterTheBunny 05-22-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseasaurusRex (Post 279337)
OUT-standing!

Strength in numbers and what have you.

Now, if I could borrow a dollar from each of you...:D

:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:

This board is AWESOME!!! Thanks Doc!!! :D