NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Books, Movies, Music and TV Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/)
-   -   TV: Army Wives (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/47000-army-wives.html)

Motors Mommy 06-02-2008 12:42 AM

Army Wives

Anyone watch this show? I just saw the season finale from last summer.
I cant wait til next week!!!!!
What do you think is going to happen?

suzyqz_2007 06-02-2008 12:56 AM

I love this show! I never missed an episode, but thanks to cog fog, I've been having a hard time remembering what all happened so I've been trying to catch the reruns.

This is one of the few shows I watch on a regular basis. Can't wait for it to start again!

Bannet 06-02-2008 06:32 AM

I love the show and I don't even want to think about what is going to happen. Yikes!!!

(I think the daughter is going to get it:eek:) I hope I'm wrong.

Motors Mommy 06-02-2008 09:46 PM

Mrs

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzyqz_2007 (Post 291209)
I love this show! I never missed an episode, but thanks to cog fog, I've been having a hard time remembering what all happened so I've been trying to catch the reruns.

This is one of the few shows I watch on a regular basis. Can't wait for it to start again!

you'll have your chance to catch up next weekend with the marathon of the show!!!!

MelodyL 06-02-2008 09:50 PM

I LOVE this show.

I never understood about the son who used to beat up his mother. Then he joined the army, and the girlfriend stayed with him (and she knew what he did).

Blew my mind, that one.

Motors Mommy 06-02-2008 09:52 PM

From the previews Ive seen....looks like something happens w/ Amanda.
Pam is crying to Roland what kind of person am I to just let her go. Wonder if something happens to marilynn? Pam gave her the car keys to meet her lover???? Roxy is by a bedside of a wounded GI...Hubby ???

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Motors Mommy 06-08-2008 10:09 PM

well, what did yall think?

OMG....I was so intrigued. Definately the best writing on tv!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt see the Amanda thing coming!

Abbie 06-08-2008 11:12 PM

I Love this show!!!

I forgot it was coming on so I watched the repeat!

Amazing writing.... can't wait until next week...

:)
Abbie

suzyqz_2007 06-09-2008 12:02 AM

I watched it twice just in case I missed something! lol

The Amanda thing at first confused me, her going off to school then when I saw the mother watching her walk away it clicked.

I hated to see her leave, I was hoping that she and the boy would become more serious and she would become an Army wife like her mom.

Great Show! I haven't missed one yet!

:grouphug:

MelodyL 06-09-2008 07:31 AM

Am I crazy, or wasn't there ANOTHER army wife who was pregnant last season??

What on earth happened to her. They didn't show her, they didn't mention her. I went to the official website for Army Wives just to see if they showed her picture. Nothing.

Anybody remember the pregnant one from last season??

Bannet 06-09-2008 07:39 AM

Pamela was pregnant with twins last season. She was a surrogate for someone.

I didn't see the amanda thing coming. I thought for sure it was Roland's wife.

Great show though. I look forward to watching it.

MelodyL 06-09-2008 08:56 AM

OH MY GOD. I'm senile.

Do you know what show she was on??? THE UNIT!!!

I'm hysterical. That show also has the wives of the guys who are deployed. Only these guys are black ops kind of guys.

Thank god, I didn't lose my mind.

It just hit me. Not Army Wives. THE UNIT!!!

lol

Motors Mommy 06-09-2008 11:39 PM

Mrs

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelodyL (Post 296443)
Am I crazy, or wasn't there ANOTHER army wife who was pregnant last season??

What on earth happened to her. They didn't show her, they didn't mention her. I went to the official website for Army Wives just to see if they showed her picture. Nothing.

Anybody remember the pregnant one from last season??

Do you mean Pam? The radio host? She was carrying twins as a surrogate but kept it hush and said she lost the babies. But then fessed up afterwards.

SandyC 06-10-2008 12:54 AM

I love this show. As a retired Army wife this show is pretty close to reality. LOVE IT!

I tear up when the soldiers have to leave. It reminds me of the many many times I drove my soldier to the bus or plane. They were the 101st Airborne, an 18 hour deployment unit. Many tears were shed.

tovaxin_lab_rat 10-29-2008 01:53 PM

I am loving this show!

SandyC 10-31-2008 05:51 PM

Oh man, I am scared to watch this Sunday!!!!!! We're going to lose another one of our own. I think it may be Pamela's husband, I don't know.

tovaxin_lab_rat 10-31-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 399932)
Oh man, I am scared to watch this Sunday!!!!!! We're going to lose another one of our own. I think it may be Pamela's husband, I don't know.

I hope not, she's been through so much. With the stalker and him being gone so much...

I am wondering if it'll be Frank.

SandyC 10-31-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 399966)
I hope not, she's been through so much. With the stalker and him being gone so much...

I am wondering if it'll be Frank.

Ohhhh, yea it could be him too. I am disappointed in his wife the way she acts. I know she is going through some mid life crisis or whatever but she is a military wife and should have waited until he was out of danger. I completely agreed with the Michael on that one.

tovaxin_lab_rat 10-31-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 400000)
Ohhhh, yea it could be him too. I am disappointed in his wife the way she acts. I know she is going through some mid life crisis or whatever but she is a military wife and should have waited until he was out of danger. I completely agreed with the Michael on that one.

Sometimes there is no good time and I don't think Frank gave her much choice. He never really wanted to talk to her or give her any choice. It was either his way or no way. He didn't want counselling and didn't see anything wrong with him. It was all her. He was a little stubborn....just my 2 cents.

It is a good show.

SandyC 10-31-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 400010)
Sometimes there is no good time and I don't think Frank gave her much choice. He never really wanted to talk to her or give her any choice. It was either his way or no way. He didn't want counselling and didn't see anything wrong with him. It was all her. He was a little stubborn....just my 2 cents.

It is a good show.

That is true and I was disappointed in him for being such a man. lol

I don't fault her for wanting out. I fault her for cheating on him while he was away fighting for his country. I would have waited and not sent my husband off to war with that hanging over his head. I guess the bottom line is I would have lied. :p

tovaxin_lab_rat 10-31-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 400020)

I don't fault her for wanting out. I fault her for cheating on him while he was away fighting for his country. I would have waited and not sent my husband off to war with that hanging over his head. I guess the bottom line is I would have lied. :p

I don't consider what she did cheating! Not even close. Frank is the one who wouldn't listen. He jumped to conclusions and wouldn't give her a chance to even explain. He's black and white in a gray world. They were friends...good friends. ;)

SandyC 10-31-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 400021)
I don't consider what she did cheating! Not even close. Frank is the one who wouldn't listen. He jumped to conclusions and wouldn't give her a chance to even explain. He's black and white in a gray world. They were friends...good friends. ;)

Wait, making out with another guy isn't cheating? Where have I been? :p

I agree that he's a butthead. :D

MelodyL 10-31-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 400020)

I am just wondering how all these army wives look SOOOO GOOD, and have grown up children. I mean, look at the one who just got the tatoo, and she drives a motorcycle.

Holy cow. She used to be on JAG.

She still looks young.

They either have the greatest lighting guys or well, I don't know. Doesn't anyone ever get OLD on this show??

Good Lord!!

lol

tovaxin_lab_rat 10-31-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 400022)
Wait, making out with another guy isn't cheating? Where have I been? :p

I agree that he's a butthead. :D

Making out? One kiss, in the locker room...hardly call that making out!!! Where have you been!!!

:p

MelodyL 11-01-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 400076)
Making out? One kiss, in the locker room...hardly call that making out!!! Where have you been!!!

I'd make out with ANTONIO SABATO JR.

Probably more (that is if I could do what he does on those circus poles).

Good Lord, that man is a hunk.

But we are talking about Army Wives arent' we.

Can you imagine Antonio Sabato Jr turning up, as a new Captain or something?

God, I wouldn't miss that show for anything.

lol

SandyC 11-01-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 400076)

Come on, if he hadn't died she'd been riding him like a Mustang out of control! :p:p:p

Besides, she's moved on to other pastures. Seems Frank has too. :p

Gosh, if he gets killed doing the watoosie I guess he'll go happy. :D

MelodyL 11-01-2008 11:31 AM

Come on, if he hadn't died she'd been riding him like a Mustang out of control!"

THAT'S THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER READ ON THIS FORUM.

lol

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-01-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 400290)
Come on, if he hadn't died she'd been riding him like a Mustang out of control! :p:p:p

Besides, she's moved on to other pastures. Seems Frank has too. :p

Gosh, if he gets killed doing the watoosie I guess he'll go happy. :D

We'll never know will we...

SandyC 11-01-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 400315)
We'll never know will we...

Nope, but she's definately about to ride the vet while Frank gets a little sand sampling! :p

:holysheep: I was thinking. What if it's Michael and Claudia's daughter? :eek: That soldier seems to be pretty determined to keep them together. :eek:

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-01-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 400328)
Nope, but she's definately about to ride the vet while Frank gets a little sand sampling! :p

:holysheep: I was thinking. What if it's Michael and Claudia's daughter? :eek: That soldier seems to be pretty determined to keep them together. :eek:

But they're separated now. ;)

JessieSue 11-01-2008 11:30 PM

Wait wait wait, move over I'm butting in here. I'm a HUGE fan of the show! YAY!! I'm afraid the one we lose could be Pamela's hubby too, but really hope not, he's such a hottie! And I like them together! Why can't they kill off the guy that played Glen in "The Wedding Singer" ? He's such a prick!

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-02-2008 08:13 AM

I guess we'll find out tonight....oh the suspense!

:eek:

SandyC 11-02-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 400523)
But they're separated now. ;)

So true.

The suspense is killing me now. I saw a preview and Claudia Joy looks very distraught. I hope it's because of the move and not because her daughter ran away. :(

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-02-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 400860)
So true.

The suspense is killing me now. I saw a preview and Claudia Joy looks very distraught. I hope it's because of the move and not because her daughter ran away. :(

I watched the rerun of last week's show last night...oy! I guess I missed the last 10 minutes of last week's show...

Tonight should be a real edge of your seat show!!!

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-04-2008 01:06 PM

So what does everyone think of the season finale????

:confused:

SandyC 11-04-2008 01:20 PM

It sucked. lol

tovaxin_lab_rat 11-04-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 402181)
It sucked. lol

Gee Sandy, what's your real opinion!!!

I didn't like the driving off into the sunset thing with the daughter and Logan...that means he's AWOL...big mistake!!!

Momma's Kids 11-04-2008 04:04 PM

I feel for Jeremy, Denise/Frank didn't tell him they were separated...I wonder if something is going to happen to him or the father.

I can't believe Burton is going to be deployed again...I think its payback from the butt that temp took over her duties.

Pamela got booted, ...What about Roxie not having anything to back up her owning part of Betty's.

I was a little dissatisfied with the ending...maybe Logan/Emily are just eloping...nope, she is under eighteen...

SandyC 11-04-2008 06:50 PM

LOL it did! I know it's sick to wish for something explosive to happen but driving off into the sunset? That's like a million love stories. Shoot, back in Jim's time they wouldn't have even been together. NO private ever dates the general's daughter. No way, no how. That whole story was disturbing.

Psst, don't tell anyone that we did secretly hang out with officers in Germany. Shhhhh. hahaha

JessieSue 11-04-2008 11:57 PM

All I know is that no way will they write off Claudia Joy Holden and her family, they are too integral to the whole show, so how are they gonna bring them back?