NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   help needed (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/53440-help.html)

JustWeave 09-02-2008 10:23 AM

help needed

I am too numb to know what to ask for and God is nowhere to be found. Why I am posting here I really do not know. I was a spiritual person but now I'm not so sure. Here is my story-

My husband of 20 years and I are unofficially separating. He is moving to the (daylight) basement and the kids and I will stay on the main floor. I suspect we will be divorced within the next six years. Probably sooner rather than later. While unofficially separated we plan to live in the same house/ different floors for monetary reasons which are complicated and probably going to get much worse. The official divorce would be right after our youngest child graduates from high school if we can last that long. We would live in separate houses after that.

As you can imagine I am a ball of emotions right now. Yes this has been brewing for a long time but still it is excruciatingly painful. If counseling was going to fix this it would have long ago. Been there, done that off and on for 20 years, not going anywhere near it again. The only counseling I'm interested in right now is of the lawyer kind. Sadly I can't afford it. Not sure I can not afford it either. I am too numb to think straight. I don't know what to do or what I want.

Thanks for listening.

Twinkletoes 09-02-2008 10:26 AM

Awwww, so sorry for your troubles, ((((WeaveHerr))))

At least your children will benefit from everyone still living under the same roof.

I hope you get the help and answers you need. Don't give up on God -- He hasn't given up on you. :hug:

Blessings2You 09-02-2008 12:30 PM

I don't have much advice for you, other than: Don't do anything drastic until you KNOW what you want to do.

I'll be praying for your family. I echo what Twink said, Don't give up on God. He's ready when you are.

SandyC 09-02-2008 12:37 PM

God does know what you need. Trust and HE will direct you. :hug:

You may want to look into pro bono lawyers or state assistance legal advice. They should help you figure out your rights and how to protect yourself for the future. :hug:

DM 09-02-2008 01:12 PM

I'm really sorry to hear this, WH! I really can't offer any great advice, but I can say that I will keep you and your kids in my prayers and I am here to listen when you need to vent. That's one of the great things about NT; we are all in need of emotional support at one time or another and the members here really care.

I know we all have our beliefs and I totally respect that, but I have a feeling that the Lord is w/you. Remember the verses from Footprints in the Sand, as the words totally ring true.

take care WH and please come here often and let us know how you are doing.

:grouphug:

Darlene 09-03-2008 01:07 AM

It is so sad to hear this from you, we are hear listen at any time. There is one thing I would like to say. God gives us trying times, to see how strong we are, just hang in there and the light will come. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Darlene
:hug:

weegot5kiz 09-03-2008 01:27 AM

weave I am sorry,:hug::hug::hug: not sure whats the situation there is as far as friction is involved,

I do not mean to make it sound worse my apologies if it does, but if I may say something about how it was for me and my bro. my folks waited till we graduated high school, I can not tell you how much I wished they had divorced, those were sour years until my bro graduated. those years were hell for me and my bro. I split at 17 and got my own place, just trying to show another side of this, my folks fought and argued a lot and that got old real quick,

like I said I was not sure of your situation so if you are not like my folks, then I say one day at a time, and get the pieces all lined up for your next step in life, try to hang in there :hug::hug::hug:

any time you want to talk don't hesitate been through it as a child and became a sole parent of two babies many many moons ago,

JustWeave 09-03-2008 10:01 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind words. They are comforting to me. While I would like things to work out I highly doubt they will. My top priority is taking care of me and my kids. Educate myself then decide on at least a daily basis if I stay and try or get out. At the moment I see a flicker of hope for one issue. Again I am not holding my breath that it will stay like that but I am hopeful. He is still moving downstairs.

JustWeave 09-03-2008 02:49 PM

The ray of hope evaporated and I could have an even bigger problem on my hands.

tkrik 09-03-2008 03:05 PM

Weave - Although I don't have any advice for you, I will certainly keep you in my prayers.:hug:

AfterMyNap 09-03-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrik (Post 361024)
Weave - Although I don't have any advice for you, I will certainly keep you in my prayers.:hug:

Weave, I'm sorry it has come to this for you, but the ray of hope never goes completely out.

Please find and meet with your local women's resource center to learn what kind of help is available to you. They have many, many contacts of all kinds and their whole mission is to help and empower women just like you.

Most of them work for God, just like me. :hug:

JustWeave 09-04-2008 08:15 AM

Thanks again for your kind words. I am too numb to say anymore.

bluenurse 09-04-2008 09:10 AM

WeaveHerr, I am so sorry you are going through so much trouble. Change is always so hard. But, God is always with you, and will guide your way. However, I see something that I think is a positive in your situation. You have the time to make good choices, to research your options, and land safely on your feet. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.:hug:

JustWeave 09-05-2008 08:27 AM

Thanks for your continued prayers, hugs, and kind words. I am surviving, some minutes better than others.

whispers 09-05-2008 04:23 PM

Echoing what Sandy said: "Don't give up on God; He hasn't given up on you". I tend to agree with you that therapy is not going to be the magic bullet here. You have already given it a lot of time. I suppose that, now, it is time for 'divide and conquer'... That is the practical approach when there are too many problems.

First, I would do (quoting Sandy again...) try to find a pro-bono lawyer. At the same time, or as soon as you can, make a Xerox copy of all your documents as well as your children's. Don't forget bank books, insurance policies or any othe important paper. You never know what you may need. This will also keep you occupied. Be proactive at this time.

Let your husband be in the basement and try to forget that he is there. I know easier said than done. Enjoy your kids and let them enjoy your company and share time and their life experiences (school, etc) in the kitchen. Make the best of what you have now. :grouphug:

JustWeave 09-06-2008 08:03 AM

Here. Too numb to say more.

Chemar 09-07-2008 08:34 AM

((((((((Weave))))))))))

there is a song by Scott Krippayne that helps me focus on the Truth when I feel that God is distant

I pray it will encourage you and help you to remember that He can and does work ALL things together for good for His children, and that He loves you:hug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxhaaBsWPw

Quote:

All who sail the sea of faith
Find out before too long
How quickly blue skies can grow dark
And gentle winds grow strong
Suddenly fear is like white water
Pounding on the soul
Still we sail on knowing
That our Lord is in control

Sometimes He calms the storm
With a whispered peace be still
He can settle any sea
But it doesn't mean He will
Sometimes He holds us close
And lets the wind and waves go wild
And other times He calms His child

He has a reason for each trial
That we pass through in life
And though we're shaken
We cannot be pulled apart from Christ
No matter how the driving rain beats down
On those who hold to faith
A heart of trust will always
Be a quiet peaceful place

With a whispered peace be still
He can settle any sea
But it doesn't mean He will
Sometimes He holds us close
And lets the wind and waves go wild
And other times He calms His child

JustWeave 09-08-2008 07:07 AM

Barely survived the weekend. He started moving to the basement.

JustWeave 09-09-2008 07:13 AM

Nothing to report.

JustWeave 09-10-2008 07:40 AM

We were scheduled to meet with our pastor this afternoon for a one- time- no- strings- attached- chat but it got changed to Monday. I so wanted that over by the weekend. DH plans to be moved out of our bedroom by midnight Friday. He is 99% packed now.

SandyC 09-10-2008 04:35 PM

Wow, he even set a deadline to get out of your bedroom? Pffftt, I'd toss him alright.

weegot5kiz 09-10-2008 05:10 PM

weave, not sure whats up or what happened to cause this drift, I just get a feeling it is not good in anyway that you look at it, I hope the arrangements you are trying to work out, do work out:hug:

Bannet 09-10-2008 07:05 PM

I am so sorry Weave:hug:

It's hard enough going through a separation but when they stay in the house (even in the basement) I would think that would be even harder. (constant reminder).

I'm sure its hard on the kids too. Even if you aren't saying anything negative kids can sense the tension. I'm sure it makes for a very uncomfortable situation.

I agree with AMN. Make that call. It can't hurt. Just find out if they can offer any advise or help.

My prayers are with you and your family.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...andprayers.gif

JustWeave 09-11-2008 08:10 AM

Sandy- He is moving his stuff out of our bedroom which he hasn't slept in for years. He has sleep apnea and refuses to use his cpap machine. His snoring didn't let me sleep so he went to the living room sofa and later his current location.

Frank- I'm not holding my breath that things will work out. There were problems before we even exchanged rings. We were stunned to find each other and a bit stupid or naive, take your pick.

Bannet- There are advantages to living in the same house different floors. Hopefully that will work out for us. Sadly the kids have heard all of our fights from the very beginning. I never wanted it that way as I never heard them as a kid but he did and I was powerless to keep them from the kids. I'll be making that call after a meeting on Monday.

------------------

No other news to report. Thanks for letting me lean on your shoulders. I can barely walk on my own but you keep gently leading me forward.

DM 09-11-2008 08:25 AM

Man WH~ I just feel so darn bad for you. Your sadness and frustration rings loud and clear in your posts. I can only say, that we all care about you here and hope that you'll continue to seek support and comfort from all of us.

That's why WE are here.

I am praying for you and your kids....
Above all~ please try and take care of yourself; stress is so hard on a person.

{{{{WH}}}}

JustWeave 09-12-2008 07:23 AM

Nothing much to say. If our yard sale gets rained out tomorrow like I think it will Plan B might get him out of my hair for the rest of the day. I bartered for some tutoring and the pay up call came last night.

Myself and my kids are priority. The stress is trying to eat me alive. As long as I take things one moment at a time I think I will be okay.

Assume no news over the weekend means things are stable.

Kitty 09-12-2008 08:02 AM

:hug: Weave :hug: You're doing the right thing by just taking things as they come. I've learned that the more I fret over all the "what ifs" the more stressed and anxious I get. That's not to say that having a plan and anticipating what might happen isn't a good thing...it's always good to be prepared...but what is going to happen will happen with or without our worrying and fretting. Just take it one day (or hour or minute) at a time and try not to look too far ahead....concentrate on getting through "now" and the rest will fall into place. Wow, I just sounded alot like my Mom used to sound. I guess that's a good thing....:o

I'm praying for you and your family.....

JustWeave 09-15-2008 07:33 AM

Survived the weekend. His carp is still in my bedroom but he still plans to move out. Somehow I knew Friday night would come and go with his stuff still there.

Today is our once and done gripe session with the pastor. I don't know what to hope for with that. I still say it is a complete waste of cleaning/ packing time. I'm not 100% sure I'm even going to bother showing up.

Thanks for your continued kindness and prayers.

SandyC 09-15-2008 07:37 AM

Weave, good luck today. I think you should go. If not for the two of you, go for yourself. Sometimes talking it out helps and leaning on your spiritual side may ease some of your pain. :hug:

Kitty 09-15-2008 07:53 AM

I agree with Sandy....go for yourself and for no other reason. If you go with an open mind and heart you might be surprised what a neutral, third party opinion on things can do for you.

I think of you often, Weave, and you're always in my prayers. :hug:

JustWeave 09-16-2008 07:50 AM

Well we went to our gripe session and stayed for the whole thing. Pastor got down to business right away skipping over the so- what- seems- to- be- the- problem part as he already knew some of that. He made it clear he and his wife came dangerously close to throwing in the marriage towel while he was studying to be a minister. He then explained the method of counsel that turned them around and he has used since to help save many other marriages.

DH and I are extremely reluctant to try counseling again. Been there, done that, sick to death of it. This method involves dredging up the past from our earliest memories to the present. DH is dead set against reliving his most painful memories. I totally understand why. On the other hand, if I understand correctly, the bulk of the time will be spent looking at how we reacted to the carp in our lives and developing healthier ways to react, not the past hurts themselves.

So now the question is do I or don't I? Do we or don't we? Go for counseling once again. We have a week to decide and it may take me that long too. Excuse me while I have a major meltdown.

Chemar 09-16-2008 08:49 AM

(((((((((((Weave)))))))))))

I pray you will go, and husband will be willing to try too

It is never to late to try nomatter what has gone before.....

My God hold you close and give you hope and encourage you to go quickly and not delay. :hug:

SandyC 09-16-2008 09:21 AM

I also pray you will both find a way to go. Your pastor may be on to something by bringing up the past to resolve your future. There are several things in my past that almost took Jim and I down and it was how we reacted to certain situations that caused it. I was stubborn, hard headed and refused to let any man get the upper hand. I realized that this is because as a child and young woman, so many men in my life had hurt me in many ways.

My dad abandoned us when I was only eight and that alone made me very untrustworthy of any man. I wont go into major details because it's personal but just wanted to you get an idea, that yes, your past and how you react can play a part in how you face challenges. Jim had his own issues as well in that he was raised by a father who was "The man of the house" and was the one who made all of the decisions. He was a good man but raised Jim in a very strict environment.

It was with my spiritual side that I came to know my husband as a woman and not that young child/woman that was afraid he'd take off or hurt me in some way. Of course we were young when this happened but I wanted you to see that your pastor is on to something here. We've been married for 23 years and I wouldn't change a thing. We are who we are today because of all that has happened in our lives.

I don't know your past and I am not sure if it will work for you guys but I do think it's worth the effort, if for one more time. What do you have to lose by trying? :hug:

DM 09-16-2008 11:44 AM

Hey WH! Just checking in to give more support and let you know that I am keeping you in my prayers.

I think it's helpful for you to come here and vent; as it's almost like keeping a journal of your feelings. Sometimes just typing the words gives a feeling of ''release''. I know you are under major stress and I can't tell you not to be, as given the situation; it's a normal reaction.

I hope you are taking time for YOU. Maybe locking a door, putting on calming music, taking a bubble bath, sipping a glass of wine and shutting out the world is just the med you need. It may not keep the stress away for long, but it will give you a lil break from it, if even for an hour.

Take care WH~ we care about you.

PS Sandy~ Sharing reflections of your past in your post was a very kind and generous thing for you to do. It's not always easy to revisit the past, but w/o flaws, we wouldn't be who we are now. (think I stole that from you)

Hugs all around.

JustWeave 09-17-2008 07:57 AM

After wrestling all day I finally came to a counseling decision last night I was comfortable with. I think I'm going to wait until say Friday and see how things play out at home a bit before letting Pastor know my decision.

Thanks for your stories and input. You are my support system. I let off a little steam by posting and your replies keep me moving forward throughout the day. Your kindness warms my heart in ways you will never know.

SandyC 09-17-2008 09:44 AM

Weave, do what is in your heart. I saw your post in Insights and didn't know he was saying those things to you. All I do know is you keep your head up sister and you do what you have to to get through the day. :hug:

Darlene 09-17-2008 03:54 PM

I agree with the others about going ahead with the counseling. Just take it one day at a time. I hope your little ones are doing o.k. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Darlene

JustWeave 09-18-2008 07:53 AM

Nothing new to say. Not sure if that is good or bad. So far I have not changed my mind on my counseling decision. I guess I'll let my pastor know today or tomorrow what that is.

DH's birthday is Saturday and we are going away for the weekend as a family. Miss Goody Two Shoes sitting on one shoulder thinks I should buy a small cake and take it along while Livid Lioness sitting on the other shoulder roars no way.

The kids (ages 16 and 12) seem to be doing okay. Neither of them say anything to me really. I'm sure this is hard on both of them and that breaks my heart but I don't see/ hear anything that concerns me. I am keeping my eyes and ears peeled for signs though.

Thanks for your prayers and support.

SandyC 09-18-2008 08:00 AM

Weave, maybe talk to them about it. Sometimes teens shut things down as if they aren't happening. I know my boys did when Jim started getting worse because of his ms. I would take them out for lunch and talk to them.

JustWeave 09-19-2008 07:10 AM

Can't stay, DH told me last night he took today off. That messed up my plans royal! My butt is already in hot water and I get to spend the weekend with him and the kids and the dog in a teeny tiny cottage. We have never taken the dog with us like this and I don't expect that to go well at all. God give me strength. Gotta run.